• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall WR is 52.31% (102-93)

Pharah - 45.5% WR after 66 games
Mei - 64.6% after 65 games
Winston 47.8% after 46 games
Mercy 45.5% after 11 games. TBH i switch to Mercy before the game is over lol
Mei matching mostly with #TeamWin. trying to get her WR back up.

Gator86

Not that I'm amazing or anything at the game, but Hanzo pisses me off more than any other character with his spam arrows and their hitboxes.

I can appreciate the McCree frustration and understand Widowmaker's issues conceptually (haven't run into a dominant Widowmaker), but man the tree trunks Hanzo fires frustrate the hell out of me.

Yup, by far, the thing that irritates me most about the game. All that other stuff can be kind of frustrating, but at least Widow is fucking hitting her shots if she's putting you down.

mbpm1

Everyone is tracked, but you can peek turrets pretty well with Pharah/Hanzo. Again, it depends on placement. If they're set up in the shed by the point, for instance, Pharah or Junkrat are probably your best bet to clear them out with splash damage. Both can use the side path.

Oh I meant Tracer, bc of her squishiness. I see

My win rate is 46.3%

._.

I blame GAF for not carrying me hard enough.

If you wanna get better with maps, load up an AI game until you get the feel for all of them.

Unit Lost is great.

Thank you

how? the objective is literally a big circle on your screen provided you are looking in its general direction. go towards it. on some maps there are even blue/red lines on the floor leading all the way up to the objective

It's when I try to flank or go searching for good sentry/teleporter positions. I often have no idea if I'm in a good spot, or where the enemy team is going to come from.

Is Over watch cross play with PC X PSN or Live? How is the community on PC? I got burned out playing COD on pc finding no one to play most gaming modes but team multyplayer

mbpm1

Not that I'm amazing or anything at the game, but Hanzo pisses me off more than any other character with his spam arrows and their hitboxes.

I can appreciate the McCree frustration and understand Widowmaker's issues conceptually (haven't run into a dominant Widowmaker), but man the tree trunks Hanzo fires frustrate the hell out of me.

https://gfycat.com/PaltryOrnateJoey

although the team kind of put themselves in that position

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is Over watch cross play with PC X PSN or Live? How is the community on PC? I got burned out playing COD on pc finding no one to play most gaming modes but team multyplayer

Not cross play but the PC community for Blizz games is always huge and lasts for a long time.
OW seems to be the same at least once they fix and tweaks some stuff + Ranked modes and such.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really like playing as Hanzo but I have a problem with my mouse grip where holding down a mouse button a lot and releasing it repeatedly makes my finger sore. God damn my shitty old man hands.

eek5

No cross play. Finding games is not a problem on PC. I've only run into a handful of toxic players so far. Playing with GAF helps mitigate exposure to that.

No crossplay. This game will continue to thrive on PC since it's blizzard.

Not cross play but the PC community for Blizz games is always huge and lasts for a long time.
OW seems to be the same at least once they fix and tweaks some stuff + Ranked modes and such.

No cross play. Finding games is not a problem on PC. I've only run into a handful of toxic players so far. Playing with GAF helps mitigate exposure to that.

Thanks guys I was torn about getting it on PC or PS4. I will buy the game after all the positive impressions I was mostly concerned about getting it on PC and finding no matches to play.

I seriously can't wait for whatever nerf McCree gets hit with. So tired of that hero being in every game.

I bet they just increase his reload time when fan the hammer is involved. It seems like they want him to not be able to take out tanks and that's probably the main contributer.

75%... with Symmetra.

Win-Lose are dangerously close though, 79:72 right now. Brutal day.

87/74 for a 54% win rate total, and 76.9% with Symmetra over 13 games.

I wonder if the high Symmetra win rates are just due to people only picking her when they're pretty sure she can contribute, whereas many of the other defense characters get picked all the time. Wonder how the Torbjorn numbers look, for example.

I probably would have bought this on PC but don't like using mouse & keyboard to play games anymore and would be at a huge disadvantage with a controller.

Xeteh

I bet they just increase his reload time when fan the hammer is involved. It seems like they want him to not be able to take out tanks and that's probably the main contributer.

I'm expecting a Fan The Hammer cooldown. As of right now there's literally zero reason not to spam that in almost every situation. I also don't understand why he has damage on the Flashbang, it isn't as if he's lacking burst.

ksan

87/74 for a 54% win rate total, and 76.9% with Symmetra over 13 games.

I wonder if the high Symmetra win rates are just due to people only picking her when they're pretty sure she can contribute, whereas many of the other defense characters get picked all the time. Wonder how the Torbjorn numbers look, for example.

How do hero win rates even get calculated?
As in, what happens if you switch in the middle of a game? Gets attributed to all heros you played? Or the one you played the most/last?

cametall

Not sure how much damage FTH does but maybe Blizz could reduce it so it takes out squishies but not tear up tanks.

Or increase the CD on flash bang.

The worst thing in this game is when somebody cries all match about needing a healer (win or lose) and won't change themselves because they are too leet at DPS or something.

How do hero win rates even get calculated?
As in, what happens if you switch in the middle of a game? Gets attributed to all heros you played? Or the one you played the most/last?

Good question! To be honest, I'm not sure. There are a few heroes on my MasterOverwatch profile that I've never played a full round with, and others that don't show up, so I'm guessing there's a threshold based on percentage of the round played? I haven't actually counted up the total number of wins/losses across all my heroes so I don't know if some games get double-counted (i.e. assigned to multiple heroes).

Cj485URWUAA13eS.jpg

Saints Row ‏@SaintsRow 8m8 minutes ago
The truth comes out. #deepcover

Genki is a side character in the Saint's Row universe, probably has nothing to do with Genji (and is probably more a reference to that Captain America thing people keep talking about).

Fenom

The worst thing in this game is when somebody cries all match about needing a healer (win or lose) and won't change themselves because they are too leet at DPS or something.

This is almost why i wish we could see the medal positions live, if the hanzo has lowest damage then he shouldn't be hanzo.

Xeteh

This is almost why i wish we could see the medal positions live, if the hanzo has lowest damage then he shouldn't be hanzo.

Yeah, definitely need to give the assholes out there another avenue for their trash talk. I'd rather deal with a crap Hanzo than that.

Redmoon

Exactly. It's quick play. Do what you think is fun.

Eh, fuck 'em. Play the game to have fun man. If you want to try other characters go for it.

Suppose I could give it another go. Last time I did, it ended up in the 5 others on my team reporting me (or so they said) because I miss aimed my hanzo ult by like a few degrees and it didn't kill the player capping in the corner crouched. Meanwhile they did nothing themselves to act as a team or feed info, at least towards me.

ksan

Good question! To be honest, I'm not sure. There are a few heroes on my MasterOverwatch profile that I've never played a full round with, and others that don't show up, so I'm guessing there's a threshold based on percentage of the round played? I haven't actually counted up the total number of wins/losses across all my heroes so I don't know if some games get double-counted (i.e. assigned to multiple heroes).

Just checked, the total wins/losses for the characters seem to add up the the number of games on master overwatch, so they aren't double-counted.
And I only have one loss on tracer and I know that I've selected her more than that when I'm about to lose in overtime just to get to the objective quickly.

Luigi87

Hurray, got a PotG as Mercy, so that's one off the checklist (so far Widowmaker, Pharah, Reinhardt, and Mercy. Got a Tracer during beta, but not counting since it was during beta).

However the PotG someone else got also as Mercy the match before that was much funnier. They did a full team revive AFTER we lost and got a PotG for it, BUT because it was after we lost halfway through the PotG glitched out and just showed the ground, because the game couldn't reconcile the timer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol thought that said Genji

I have too much Overwatch in my brain :(

Just checked, the total wins/losses for the characters seem to add up the the number of games on master overwatch, so they aren't double-counted.
And I only have one loss on tracer and I know that I've selected her more than that when I'm about to lose in overtime just to get to the objective quickly.

Guess they just pick one character for each game, then. I wonder if any data falls into the abyss as a result; I spent half a round as Torbjorn once, and he doesn't show up on my profile. If I do manage to go most of one round with him, will I lose those eliminations/damage done/armor packs provided/etc. from that first half-round? I wonder.

HariKari

I'm thinking flashbang won't really work on large targets, because that's not what it was intended for. Winston should lose to a Mcree but throwing over Reinhardt's shield and melting Roadhog is a bit much.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Unboxed legendary skin #6 at Level 41. Young Genji.

I bought 10 loot boxes and of course they all were trash, so maybe my RNG got sped up a bit.

Won't be expecting a legendary for any of the heroes I ACTUALLY PLAY... but this invites me to git gud and look good while noobing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom