• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

Are you sticking with your teammates? As a mccree player, I find myself more game changing by strangling and fading into the background and making the enemy paranoid to use flank paths and sometimes sneaking up behind them and coming out of no where with a high noon. Only engage tanks when my team is struggling with them or if they are not leading the pack.

A coordinated double McCree team doesn't need to stay on the flanks to be effective, especially if they've got Lucio and a tank of their own. And it's not so much that it's impossible to fight against as it's just been obnoxiously pervasive. Around half of my matches have been running double McCree so far today. Sometimes I just wanna play as Roadhog or something and not worry about being completely melted in seconds, y'know?

Baliis

I'm still at like 58% win rate, was higher but had a bad losing streak yesterday. 70+ with Lucio Reaper and McCree though, 100% with Genji and Hanzo(I never play them)

spootime

I almost feel like nerfing McCree will make him a really weak offensive character. Flashbang is really all he has. His HP and movement isn't great by any means. I've learned how to deal with McCree...I wish others would do the same.

There is no way to "deal" with McCree, hes the best 1v1 character in the game and he does insane damage at medium range if you're good at aiming.

I almost feel like nerfing McCree will make him a really weak offensive character. Flashbang is really all he has. His HP and movement isn't great by any means. I've learned how to deal with McCree...I wish others would do the same.

The dev who mentioned it indicated that the flashbang is unlikely to be nerfed (which makes sense, because then there would be nobody to keep Tracer in check). He implied that the problem Blizzard has with him currently is how effectively he melts tanks, not how well he kills squishier classes. It's understandable. He's simultaneously the class who stops flankers AND the class who kills tanks best AND functions really well as a mid range damage dealer. He's a jack of all trades, and a master of all of them too. There's a reason he has over 100% usage rates in competitive play.

My guess is that there will be a cooldown to FtH, so FtH -> roll -> FtH won't be viable anymore, but who knows what the actual change will be.

How do you deal with three Torbjörns with three level 2 turrets on Point A, Volskaya Industries? Made me so salty.

Hanzo. Hanzo is the best character for countering Torbjorn spam nonsense. He melts turrets really fast, spots them for your team with quick wall hacks, and his ult charges fast and breaks things up. Widowmaker, Junkrat, and Pharah are all also pretty good sentry counters, but for multiple Torbjorns, Hanzo's the best.

m4st4

How do you deal with three Torbjörns with three level 2 turrets on Point A, Volskaya Industries? Made me so salty.

I'm at like a 44% win rate, but like a 72% win rate with Toblerone due to how much easier defense is at my skill level.

The 16% win rate with Winston and 36% win rate with Reinhardt is a good example of that.

Alright ...I'm level 10. Still learning and figuring out this game, but I'm ready to start playing with people that actually know what they're doing.

If ya'll can handle a rookie on your team, how do I get in on that sweet GAF user list?

spootime

The dev who mentioned it indicated that the flashbang is unlikely to be nerfed (which makes sense, because then there would be nobody to keep Tracer in check). He implied that the problem Blizzard has with him currently is how effectively he melts tanks, not how well he kills squishier classes. It's understandable. He's simultaneously the class who stops flankers AND the class who kills tanks best AND functions really well as a mid range damage dealer. He's a jack of all trades, and a master of all of them too. There's a reason he has over 100% usage rates in competitive play.

My guess is that there will be a cooldown to FtH, so FtH -> roll -> FtH won't be viable anymore, but who knows what the actual change will be.

I would prefer they nerf fan in general and maybe slightly buff his regular attack - make him harder to use.

Alright ...I'm level 10. Still learning and figuring out this game, but I'm ready to start playing with people that actually know what they're doing.

If ya'll can handle a rookie on your team, how do I get in on that sweet GAF user list?

The google doc is in the OP, quote it to see the link and add yourself.

cametall

Not that I'm amazing or anything at the game, but Hanzo pisses me off more than any other character with his spam arrows and their hitboxes.

I can appreciate the McCree frustration and understand Widowmaker's issues conceptually (haven't run into a dominant Widowmaker), but man the tree trunks Hanzo fires frustrate the hell out of me.

Any of the characters that can make it should take the left flank route over the water. Then just do the peak-and-poke to down them. Widowmaker or Tracer, especially.

Beyond that, a decent healer/Reinhardt with a Hanzo behind the shield. He absolutely annihilates turrets.

Baliis

I always like soldier 76 for killing turrets. Rockets, super accurate gun even at range, and self healing for any shots he does take. I use pharah sometimes too, just pop around a corner, shoot a rocket, run back. Has the added benefit of potentially killing the torbjorn if he's standing next to his turret.

m4st4

I always like soldier 76 for killing turrets. Rockets, super accurate gun even at range, and self healing for any shots he does take. I use pharah sometimes too, just pop around a corner, shoot a rocket, run back. Has the added benefit of potentially killing the torbjorn if he's standing next to his turret.

Thanks, I'll try those characters next time!

Dad

Not that I'm amazing or anything at the game, but Hanzo pisses me off more than any other character with his spam arrows and their hitboxes.

I can appreciate the McCree frustration and understand Widowmaker's issues conceptually (haven't run into a dominant Widowmaker), but man the tree trunks Hanzo fires frustrate the hell out of me.

I've been pretty blessed in the sniper department. I can probably count the number of ridiculous snipes I've been killed by on one hand. By and large, most of the Hanzos and Widowmakers I've seen have been just awful. Playing on console is probably helping mitigate the damage and salt though

Mr.Mike

As much as I'd hate to tell people how to play, because I love how chill and casual this game is for the most part, I do really wish people would do the objectives more and use the full range of their abilities more.

Perhaps Blizzard could put in some prompts to remind people to get on the objective, or to make use of their support abilities (reminding Symmetras to give people shields, Torbs to give people armour, Hanzos to use their recon arrow etc)

Joyful

Hard to TL;DR but really nothing seems to have changed and high ping players have a bigger effect on the game which causes more death behind cover and delayed damage + some general testing of their high bandwidth stuff.

tbh anyone with over 250~ ping should be kicked automatically
no idea why you can have any ping in overwatch

So, does the game give you credit for the kill if you are the one who does the most damage? Ive already have had several instances where it looks like I didnt quite finish off an opponent only to have them duck behind a wall and then die giving me credit for the kill.

EDIT: now I see that this must be a lag issue. Thats pretty bad.

I've been pretty blessed in the sniper department. I can probably count the number of ridiculous snipes I've been killed by on one hand. By and large, most of the Hanzos and Widowmakers I've seen have been just awful. Playing on console is probably helping mitigate the damage and salt though
console snipers
Well there's your problem

Tecnniqe

Banned
tbh anyone with over 250~ ping should be kicked automatically
no idea why you can have any ping in overwatch

Ping limit is needed to some degree but if it turns out like Destiny lag switching will be a real thing which might make it even worse once Ranked comes out.

So, does the game give you credit for the kill if you are the one who does the most damage? Ive already have had several instances where it looks like I didnt quite finish off an opponent only to have them duck behind a wall and then die giving me credit for the kill.

You get credit for helping with any elimination, but there's also a separate "killing blow" stat that is tracked as well.

eek5

Everyone that assists gets elimination credit. It isn't lag. You could do 1 damage and get an elimination. Check your final blows in statistics section (or masteroverwatch.com) if you want to see the people you've finished off.

Redmoon

Playing solo-q'd I'm sitting at 49.1% globally WR. 138 W 143 L

58% on McCree and 54% on 76 and 42% on widow since I always get singled out by like half the team as WM.

Wish I could play others, but people already get toxic at me even if I'm top performing on the team/lobby, don't even wanna know what It' be like if I swapped to others to try em out :(

It's not lag.

The number after the elimination is the percentage of your responsibility for the kill, more or less. If you do 149HP damage to Tracer and she blinks away into a Symmetra turret, you will get ELIMINATED TRACER 99 and Symmetra will get ELIMINATED TRACER 1. Multiple people can get the same "elimination" in this way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Reinhardt push with teammates like Farah and Soldier to clear the turrets.

eek5

Playing solo-q'd I'm sitting at 49.1% globally WR. 138 W 143 L

58% on McCree and 54% on 76 and 42% on widow since I always get singled out by like half the team as WM.

Wish I could play others, but people already get toxic at me even if I'm top performing on the team/lobby, don't even wanna know what It' be like if I swapped to others to try em out :(

Eh, fuck 'em. Play the game to have fun man. If you want to try other characters go for it.

doesn't tracer get autotracked by the turrets? If there's more than one/support that seems risky
Everyone is tracked, but you can peek turrets pretty well with Pharah/Hanzo. Again, it depends on placement. If they're set up in the shed by the point, for instance, Pharah or Junkrat are probably your best bet to clear them out with splash damage. Both can use the side path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom