• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 60% win percentage until I started playing with my group of friends who just meme'd all the time. "Lets do six roadhogs" "lets do 5 reinhardts and a mercy"

this didnt work. Need to play with some gaf groups

Have they mentioned Ranked Mode rewards beyond "light and cosmetic"

I guess hoping for skins is not realistic, but hopefully more than sprays and emblems.

My hope is for maybe auras.

R0ckman

Can GAF point me in the direction of some good YouTube videos/channels for map and hero guides? Especially map guides. I still often get turned around in maps, and better map knowledge would REALLY help me play Torb and Symmetra.

Unit Lost is great.

aka_bueno

I've played with nothing but GAF groups so I'm thinking we're always match made against other groups (it shows sometimes) and my win rate is only 54%

Blizzard always tries to keep that 50/50 winrate with their matchmaking, so it seems to be working how they want it ha

Sianos

pretty sure no one has a positive win lose percentage lol

Mine was ~54% last evening, and I play primarily characters that keep getting put at the bottom of the GAF tier lists.

It's probably dropped since I'm trying to learn Tracer and there's been some really fun Soldier 76's with sniper rifles today.

Dad

I've run into so many double McCree plus Lucio teams today and it's just been ridiculous. Tanks have basically been unplayable

arimanius

WU3l0cp.gif

GG EZ

that get's me tilted so bad

BigDug13

Are they going to have a game mode where only one of each class per group is allowed? Just got done playing three rounds KOTH vs 6 Lucio then 4 Lucio 1 mccree and 1 Tracer. Least fun ever.

LiK

Are they going to have a game mode where only one of each class per group is allowed? Just got done playing three rounds KOTH vs 6 Lucio then 4 Lucio 1 mccree and 1 Tracer. Least fun ever.

People are hoping the ranked matches work that way.

I hope there's a Quick Play with that setting.

R0ckman

I've run into so many double McCree plus Lucio teams today and it's just been ridiculous. Tanks have basically been unplayable

Are you sticking with your teammates? As a mccree player, I find myself more game changing by strangling and fading into the background and making the enemy paranoid to use flank paths and sometimes sneaking up behind them and coming out of no where with a high noon. Only engage tanks when my team is struggling with them or if they are not leading the pack.

Brandwin

Weird, I can't get that site to work. I log into with my ID, it says they cannot find me in database. When I search via PSN name, no luck either. I dunno too much!

Edit: Never mind, I didn't have a letter capitalize in my name when I searched for it. Still don't know why my profile says not found in database though.

52.9% right now... only 85 games though.

I was at close to 60% overall until last weekend, but now I'm down to 53.8%. My Win% is actually way better with some of my less preferred (and less individually successful) heroes. I think this is because I tend to switch to my "mains" when shit gets real. Like, I tend to go McCree (43.5%) when everything is falling to pieces and I just need to carry people with kills.

On the other hand, I'm at 58.3% won with Widowmaker, who is my second-most-played hero.

Rizific

Can GAF point me in the direction of some good YouTube videos/channels for map and hero guides? Especially map guides. I still often get turned around in maps, and better map knowledge would REALLY help me play Torb and Symmetra.

how? the objective is literally a big circle on your screen provided you are looking in its general direction. go towards it. on some maps there are even blue/red lines on the floor leading all the way up to the objective

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is what many, many people argued before the game was released, but the chorus of tickrate experts wouldn't listen.

But those also ignore that while tick wont solve the problem, it would help to certain degrees to combat package loss yadayada due to more frequent updates.

If you watch the video its one of the points.

Even then the server runs at 60hz but client is locked to 20hz.

Quite literally no point not to have 60.

TaterTots

Banned
I almost feel like nerfing McCree will make him a really weak offensive character. Flashbang is really all he has. His HP and movement isn't great by any means. I've learned how to deal with McCree...I wish others would do the same.

BigDug13

Are you sticking with your teammates? As a mccree player, I find myself more game changing by strangling and fading into the background and making the enemy paranoid to use flank paths and sometimes sneaking up behind them and coming out of no where with a high noon. Only engage tanks when my team is struggling with them or if they are not leading the pack.

Yeah but if you're in a group with 4 Lucio jumping around the objective, as a mccree and a Tracer you can basically do whatever you want. The entire opposing team will be focused on Lucios.

It's like a swarm of bees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom