• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't even nerf McCree enough, don't worry McCree players, you'll still be OP as fuck.

The previous adjustments they made were far too short of making a real impact. I think they may actually learn their lesson this time around. Although frankly I'd rather fan the hammer replaced with something more skill based entirely. At least he will hopefully be much weaker versus tanks.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yeah, so you can't down a roadhog in one fan roll fan combo.

How is that a bad thing? You'll still destroy all the not-tanks.

Then who can take on tanks on the point? No one. There you go. Now your favorite character is invincible one on one. Congrats. The only people who defend the nerf are people who've been handled by McCree players. Truth.

Let's nerf your favorite character, a character I personally hate, then see how you feel. See it through that perspective. I never played McCree because I heard he was powerful, but when I did play him, I started to realize he has abilities that made him very useful against tank characters that no one else had. Blizzard applied the nerf because of the crying, and figured that losing McCree players would be a small consolation considering all the frustrated people on the other side who'd put down their pitchforks, keep buying loot boxes, and breathe a big 'ole sigh of relief.

spiritfox

Then who can take on tanks on the point? No one. There you go. Now your favorite character is invincible one on one. Congrats. The only people who defend the nerf are people who've been handled by McCree players. Truth.

Let's nerf your favorite character, a character I personally hate, then see how you feel. See it through that perspective. I never played McCree because I heard he was powerful, but when I did play him, I started to realize he has abilities that made him very useful against tank characters that no one else had. Blizzard applied the nerf because of the crying, and figured that losing McCree players would be a small consolation considering all the frustrated people on the other side who'd put down their pitchforks, keep buying loot boxes, and breathe a big 'ole sigh of relief.

Reaper is supposed to be the tank killer.

Also, they're just adjusting the damage of FtH, not nerfing him into the ground. Let's wait for the balance patches before crying about it ok?

Peterpan

I feel like I'm the only one playing weekly game modes. The random heroes is really fun guys. It forces you to play different characters and makes your teammates play different characters too.

I was playing one game where the other team got two Roadhogs. So we getting wrecked by these guys, so me and my team decide to focus on these guys, because if they die, they come back as new characters luckily one came back as Mercy and the other Hanzo, after that it was smooth sailing. Just a change from the normal quick play.

McCree is not the only tank-buster in the game... ever heard of Reaper?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Reaper, bastion, and zenyetta are meant to be the tank shredders. McCree makes them nearly redundant.

Blues1990

Welcome to my life as Mei.

But seriously, playing as Mei when nobody on your team wants to support you fucking sucks. It's infuriating.

God, tell me about it. I know how to use Mei effectively, and I have saved my teammates bacon on more than one occasion. But when I need a health pick me up or an armour pack, they'll trick me into offering me one & will promptly tell me to fuck off and go die, or pick a different hero that wasn't as fat.

The only exception was when a Roadhog player was getting torn apart from the enemy team, but I was able to drop Snowball to freeze them & then he was able to tear ass with his ultimate at 10 health. (He got MPV because of our teamwork.) The guy later messaged/thanked me for the save, which was a nice change of pace from the death threats I get.

Cynar

OT3 crazy.

Console balance changes I'd like to see atleast discussed:
Torb turret needs a change. They track too quickly imo, could maybe give them a faster fire rate though, not fast enough for Genji deflect to kill a level 2, but faster so that Genji has a better chance in a 1v1.

McCree needs a cool down for fan the hammer.

D.Va needs to be able to move a little bit faster while shooting and spread should tighten up a bit.

Mei may need a damage boost and a health reduction.

Symettra needs a better visual indicator for the range of her primary fire and maybe a shorter cool down on her teleporter. Maybe even extend the range of her primary fire.

Zenyatta needs more health. And his ult needs buffed.

Tracer is fine, just hate playing against good tracer players.

Hanzo may need a little tweak.

Pharah can be a bit of a pain to deal with on console but i think she's fine.

Friendly reaper visuals need tweaked.

There's a broken trophy that needs fixed. The zenyatta trophy for discord assists seems impossible.

Career profile ui needs fixed. There's a couple of bugs. The people requesting to join party pop-up needs fixed.
I want to rate matches. I also want the option to take my group out of matchmaking instead of having everyone leave and then resenting invites.

That's all I can think about for tweaks.

Lvl 51, most time is spent as lucio, my fave to play as is Genji, my fav character is widow.
I disagree with all your changes except for broken trophy and ui. Been playing since closed beta and play mostly on Xbox one and occasionally on PC.

Legendary dupes must have crazy low odds.
Where's the best spot to drop Dva ult for a quad kill??

A spot the enemy is trying to hold against an attack. Drop it while they're shooting, boost it in from above, and stand far away. Best case scenario is a team wipe, worst case scenario is gaining some ground. Win-win.

"Throwing" it with a boost is the very best delivery method. Just hopping out all but guarantees people will avoid it; useful to clear a room, but not useful to actually kill anyone.

What a condescending, whining post. You realized McCree was a tank killer? Congrats. That was never the intention of his kit, and he was performing well outside of his role and making the actual anti-tanks superfluous. That is why Blizzard is nerfing him, not (just) because people are complaining loudly.

Otherwise Bastion would be removed from the game at this point.

ViviOggi

lol wut, every damage hero can deal with tanks. Reaper specifically is built to melt them, Tracer headshots up close deal good damage and fill her ult bar insanely fast, Junkrat and Tracer can knock them out of position while having an easy time hitting Reinhardt behind his barrier and even Genji can pull decent combos after taking care of their pocket Mercy. McCree will still be good against tanks, you can still flashbang over barrier, you might just need two fans or some shots from your teammates instead of having literal free kills.

Inumbris

I love playing McCree, he's one of my favourites. And yet I agree that he needs a nerf.

Pharah and Reaper both do a fine job of killing tanks, so it's definitely not a skill unique to McCree.

Golgo 13

McCree is not the only tank-buster in the game... ever heard of Reaper?
First of all, I fucking hate Reaper. The character design seems like something that was drawn up to attract 11-year old boys to the game. Secondly, yes, he can do damage up close but I wouldn't say he's as effective at that particular skill. And is he was, then why nerf McCree?

nbraun80

Yeah I'm sorry man you're just wrong. His job was never to be a tank shredder its to flank and stop flankers like tracers, whom he will still be able to kill with one combo. Also it might be a good idea to trade in if you can't understand how a competive game like this goes though balance changes every month or so. More characters will get nerfs and buffs, its the way these games work.

First of all, I fucking hate Reaper. The character design seems like something that was drawn up to attract 11-year old boys to the game. Secondly, yes, he can do damage up close but I wouldn't say he's as effective at that particular skill. And is he was, then why nerf McCree?

Counterpoint: Reaper's so cool.

He's second only to McCree in close-range damage (will be king once McCree is brought in line) with Roadhog a trailing third. He absolutely destroys people in close quarters, with his huge ammo capacity and stylish reloads, not to mention his ult. He's like McCree, only not about ambush, but rather assault.

His edge went so far it wrapped back around into being cool again.

Reaper, Tracer, and Pharah really seem to be who the intended tank killers are right now. Tracer's Ult charges particularly quickly and she does a lot of damage the problem is her accuracy falls off a cliff half a second after she starts firing, so her best targets are tanks. Pharah is incredibly bursty and if played right is going to be far enough away from tanks that they don't really threaten her. Reaper drops just about everyone in three shots and he can be super slippery so he can kill who he needs to and get away. McCree was too good at too many things and it was making other heroes seem worse than they are at the moment as a consequence.

One of my favorite characters with probably get a nerf eventually its the nature of things. In fact I bet Reinhardt is totally going to get a nerf of some kind since he's the default tank at the moment.

I disagree with all your changes except for broken trophy and ui. Been playing since closed beta and play mostly on Xbox one and occasionally on PC.
Something needs to be done about Zenyatta being one shotted by sniper bodyshots. If that is buff his HP or nerf sniper damage I have no idea, but its a very very hard counter to Zenyatta at the moment with little to no skill required or cooldown.

Duraigo

Was playing a weekly brawl match and at one point we ended up with three Zenyattas and the other team had two Zaryas. MFW
view.php

ExVicis

The primary tip in this game I should see on every loading screen should be "If you keep dying try something else" cause goddamn. For instance, if you keep going down the same path and keep getting murdered in the exact same place, maybe stop going down that specific path. If the same character keeps killing you, maybe pick a character tailored to get around that specific problem. I feel like people literally shut their brains off when it comes to getting around a chokepoint.

Warewolf

I mentioned earlier that the 40's have been fun.

That's over.

Highlights of tonight are the second of two Junkrats asking someone to switch to Mei.

. . .On offense.

Jinjo

Reaper is supposed to be the tank killer.

Also, they're just adjusting the damage of FtH, not nerfing him into the ground. Let's wait for the balance patches before crying about it ok?

The tooltip also suggests using McCree's FTH to quickly kill tanks. So he is (or was) pretty much also intended by the devs as a tank killer.

I decided to play with a friend that just started playing not too long ago and I’ve never been so annoyed with this game before. Most of the time when I solo, my teammates are pretty competent and everyone is usually higher rank and MMR. When I queued with my friend, Jesus that was frustrating; everyone was just running around doing whatever, all picking offensive, and dying a lot.

jediyoshi

Is this bait

This is bait

Zaventem

Is this game compatible with keyboard/mouse on a console or some kind of side step to get it to work with one? just seen a widow land like 5 headshots on moving targets which is crazy to me.

R0ckman

Everytime I jump Hanzo as Tracer his movement while trying to aim at me, paints this panicy, nervous heavy breathing Hanzo as he quickly tries to positiin for a shot before getting killed.

The main problem I have with McCree is that he's not really all that fun to play against. 90% of the McCrees I've run into are the ones that rely solely on the flashbang to get their FtH kill and then run the hell away once they got a pick.

I mentioned earlier that the 40's have been fun.

That's over.

Highlights of tonight are the second of two Junkrats asking someone to switch to Mei.

. . .On offense.

Mei can be useful on offense. Depends on the map and how good they are. I don't know if I would specifically ask for one, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reaper is growing on me more and more. Not just the gameplay but the character, he is so clearly a parody. The voice actor and moduling do a great job of making it just a little TOO edgy and over the top, and the crap he says ("Havent I...killed you already?") Just cracks me up. I see what you did Blizzard, you cant fool me.

ExVicis

Mei can be useful on offense. Depends on the map and how good they are. I don't know if I would specifically ask for one, though.

She is useful for blocking line of sight...but she can be easily replaced with Reinhardt if you ask me if you're using her for that reason. Especially since Reinhardt's shield doesn't block you from getting a kill or escaping.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
So, people are having a tough time getting legendaries, huh? Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I'm level 31 on PS4, have spent $0 and have the following costumes:

Explorer Winston
Imp Mercy
Firefighter Mei
White bird/dress Widowmaker
Archetect Symettra

Mercy, Sym and Widow are in my top 5 for time played. Im basically getting a legendary every 6 levels or so, and so far all for heroes I like/play.

Golgo 13

Counterpoint: Reaper's so cool.

He's second only to McCree in close-range damage (will be king once McCree is brought in line) with Roadhog a trailing third. He absolutely destroys people in close quarters, with his huge ammo capacity and stylish reloads, not to mention his ult. He's like McCree, only not about ambush, but rather assault.

His edge went so far it wrapped back around into being cool again.

Fair enough, I actually never looked at it that way, so thank you for that.

Reaper, Tracer, and Pharah really seem to be who the intended tank killers are right now. Tracer's Ult charges particularly quickly and she does a lot of damage the problem is her accuracy falls off a cliff half a second after she starts firing, so her best targets are tanks. Pharah is incredibly bursty and if played right is going to be far enough away from tanks that they don't really threaten her. Reaper drops just about everyone in three shots and he can be super slippery so he can kill who he needs to and get away. McCree was too good at too many things and it was making other heroes seem worse than they are at the moment as a consequence.

One of my favorite characters with probably get a nerf eventually its the nature of things. In fact I bet Reinhardt is totally going to get a nerf of some kind since he's the default tank at the moment.
As I commented with the above poster, I appreciate insightful replies like this rather than the usual over-defensive, barely concealed insult posts.

I'm just very finnicky about the characters I connect with. For instance, I'm a huge Street Fighter nerd, but I can't play Street Fighter 5 because there's no characters I connect with.

That being said, saying that McCree was doing too many other characters jobs too well helps me see that side of things. Not saying I completely agree, because I've had plenty of situations where I switched out of McCree to Pharrah or someone else and helped turn a game around because McCree wasn't effective for the situation (shitty at range, bad with mobs, etc) but it does me change my perspective a bit. I honestly wish I could enjoy Reaper, because the gameplay flow sounds somewhat similar.

Alex

So, people are having a tough time getting legendaries, huh? Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I'm level 31 on PS4, have spent $0 and have the following costumes:

Explorer Winston
Imp Mercy
Firefighter Mei
White bird/dress Widowmaker
Archetect Symettra

Mercy, Sym and Widow are in my top 5 for time played. Im basically getting a legendary every 6 levels or so, and so far all for heroes I like/play.

People who actually play the game don't tend to whine about the loot as much. Adds up just fine over time and it's there to encourage you to try different characters.

There will always be an angry group though. Content is free, well I want the cosmetics. Cosmetics are free, well I want the content. Both are free, well I want it all faster.

Warewolf

Depends on the type, but mei is pretty effective on offense.

Oh Mei can be awesome on offense. There were better picks though to be sure. No Mercy, and our tank was D.va, the whole thing was a shit show. I'm working on my 11th defeat tonight.

Can't turn these games around solo unfortunately.

darklin0

Banned
People who actually play the game don't tend to whine about the loot as much. Adds up just fine over time and it's there to encourage you to try different characters.

There will always be an angry group though. Content is free, well I want the cosmetics. Cosmetics are free, well I want the content. Both are free, well I want it all faster.
Until Blizzard pays me back for giving me 2 Reaper Legendaries and a Mei Legendary I am gonna stay mad. Harrumph! ):

Alex

You're right. I think most of us have forgotten that loot boxes even exist.

I haven't, I'm greedy as hell, I open them as soon as I get them but with actual time on the clock iI just find that it's just not much of an issue. Everyone in the group I play with has at least a half dozen skins and a small pile of gold.

There are a few I'm considering buying but I'm a little hesitant until I see content release plans.

Until Blizzard pays me back for giving me 2 Reaper Legendaries and a Mei Legendary I am gonna stay mad. Harrumph! ):

That is one complaint I have, the dupes should be worth more. 200 is not enough, honestly should probably give 500, same as legendary currency if you're unfortunate enough to get stuck with a dupe skin.

Seen some people say that undervalues the currency drops but I'm not sure it does considering I think most people would rather have 500 gold rather than a skin they possibly didn't want ever.

cuilan

Where's the best spot to drop Dva ult for a quad kill??

Heavily contested area, especially during overtime. Send it flying towards said area at a 45 degree angle for maximum range. Eject just after you activate the boosters in that direction.

If you play A Single Character so much that minor changes to them cause you don't want to stop playing the game then good riddance you are probably a hindrance to your team anyways.

Azriell

Is this game compatible with keyboard/mouse on a console or some kind of side step to get it to work with one? just seen a widow land like 5 headshots on moving targets which is crazy to me.

There are 3rd party peripherals you can buy that allow you to use m/kb. They run $100~150ish, which is probably why you don't see them very often. You could get the same thing last gen, but I feel like I've been seeing the more and more since CoD AW.

The primary tip in this game I should see on every loading screen should be "If you keep dying try something else" cause goddamn. For instance, if you keep going down the same path and keep getting murdered in the exact same place, maybe stop going down that specific path. If the same character keeps killing you, maybe pick a character tailored to get around that specific problem. I feel like people literally shut their brains off when it comes to getting around a chokepoint.
To be fair many of the maps rely heavily on just 1 or 2 choke points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom