• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one complaint about this game is that Torbjorn can build a new turret the SECOND his old one gets destroyed. I think that's pretty bullshit. He should have a small cool down period at least.

Trying to attack that last point on Hanamura is nigh on impossible against a couple of Torbjorn's.

"Turret's down!"
"One to you're right."
"That's down now."
"I'm dead now. I thought you got rid of the one on the left?"

Their accuracy is also fucking annoying. If I work my way around to get behind it it shouldn't start shooting me before I shoot it.

Apathy

My one complaint about this game is that Torbjorn can build a new turret the SECOND his old one gets destroyed. I think that's pretty bullshit. He should have a small cool down period at least.

Trying to attack that last point on Hanamura is nigh on impossible against a couple of Torbjorn's.

"Turret's down!"
"One to you're right."
"That's down now."

Their accuracy is also fucking annoying. If I work my way around to get behind it it shouldn't start shooting me before I shoot it.

Turret placement has a cooldown. If you destroy it as hes building one he cant again for a few seconds

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Also, tonight I realized that in the right hands, Roadhog can absolutely destroy. In probably 20 hours or so, I hadn't faced a single terribly tough RH. But tonight, there was one that just couldn't miss his grapple. He'd take out at least 3-4 of us a minute, non-stop.

I really feel like this game needs something akin to the spy class in TF2. Someone who can easily get behind enemy lines and cause havoc.

I don't know if it needs it but I love playing Spy in TF2, the feeling of failing backstabs, watching Snipers get paranoid and hitting teammates, being useless while stealth in the corner. Priceless. I started playing TF2 since OW doesn't scratch the turn brain off and do dumb shit that helps no one. Being move from map to map irks me.

Also: when someone on your team brags about their three gold medals, and you're looking at your gold medal for an Objective Time of ELEVEN SECONDS.

I have lost all 18 matches I played today

The feeling of desperation and sorrow is overwhelming.

The cycle is the same.

Pick support, enemy team singles me out and I get no back up from my team.
I pick tank my team scatters so my effectiveness is 0
I pick offense and my team never pushes.

much as i love this game i loathe it equally at times

i feel like I'm forever wondering where the hell my team is

Inumbris

You know, I just realised that in the approximately 14 hours I've put into the game so far, I've only played on Volskaya Industries a handful of times, and only played Lijiang Tower TWICE in all of that time. King's Row is a bit more common, but apart from that all of the other maps seem to come up fairly regularly.

Is anyone else experiencing this, be it with the same maps or otherwise?

The cycle is the same.

100% true.

Here you go:

wahedt7.jpg

Bonus panel with the other markraas Mei comic:

z10I0de.jpg
Thank you! :)

R0ckman

"Turret's down!"
"One to you're right."
"That's down now."

Someone said that its to punish Torb for placing badly, placing badly gets it destroyed immediately making them wait on cool down then. But to me it shoukd be obvious not to put a turret in a vulnerable spot. It really does need the cooldown after destruction because it forces you to kill Torb before you kill the turret to be most effective.

As it is now, there is no real reward in destroying turrets, Torb will scury off and build in a new location.

I have waaaay less than a 50% with him, my E/D is about even though. I feel like Genji's mobility is seriously limited without his L1 (Swift Slash?), I'm trying to dash in and confuse the enemies or flank in some cases and can't escape because my L1 is used up. Perhaps going completely solo isn't optimal (sometimes not a choice lol), but maybe I'm just being predictable.

Against a "well-coordinated" team, Torbjorn probably isn't too bad. But that never happens solo, so enjoy getting sniped by turrets constantly.

Sneak around first to catch the other team unaware. You don't want to fight the enemy upfront in melee range instead play a midrange game only using the sword dash to get a kill since it's cooldown resets if you've killed a player with it. If you're in bad situation use it as a escape tool. If two or more people turn to fight you it's time to back up. If the enemy has a Windowmaker or Hanzo track them down first they are usually alone and hyper focused on kills so the won't expect to see you coming. You can usually get pretty close and just headshot them with stars. If that's not an issue see if you can get an angle to kill turrets without putting yourself at risk. If there's a Bastion feel them out most are getting smart about continuing to fire fire when deflect is up, but some are still dumb in enough to do it or react slowly enough to dash into them to finish them off. Then prioritize Mercy and Zenyatta neither is that fast moving and if caught unaware drop fast. I generally let someone else deal with Lucio unless this one isn't particularly good. Tanks are generally a hassle for Genji in just about every way he's not bursty enough drop really any of them in a effective way. If they happen to have been hit
By an Orb of discord go for it though. Sometimes it's worth not even bothering to fight on control points. People have a bad habit of fighting way to far away from the point on Hanamura and Volskya Industries sometimes it worth just trying to solo take a point 1/3rd of the way.

Inumbris

Also: when someone on your team brags about their three gold medals, and you're looking at your gold medal for an Objective Time of ELEVEN SECONDS.

The other day I was playing in a payload game we lost pretty badly. When it came to the medals, I noticed that I had a gold medal in healing.

As Mei... MEI.

I also had gold in objective time, so more than our tank.

The other day I was playing in a payload game we lost pretty badly. When it came to the medals, I noticed that I had a gold medal in healing.

As Mei... MEI.

I got gold healing as roadhog before and we had a mercy on our team. I didn't even play him the entire time either.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The level 1 turret is a pea shooter that doesn't do anything. It should not scare you in the slightest. By placing another turret down and needing to wack it a few times Torbjorn has to pull himself out of the fight for a fairly lengthy amount of time already.

The cycle is the same.

Did you ever try picking defense?
kappa

But it's okay. Ranked will fix all of this.

Believe

As Mei... MEI.

A tanks job is not necessarily to always be on the objective. On playload maps in particular there are situations where moving ahead isn't a bad idea. Also they could have just been getting dropped too fast or they can be setup next to Bastion if they are Reinhardt.

LordofPwn

OT3 crazy.

Console balance changes I'd like to see atleast discussed:
Torb turret needs a change. They track too quickly imo, could maybe give them a faster fire rate though, not fast enough for Genji deflect to kill a level 2, but faster so that Genji has a better chance in a 1v1.

McCree needs a cool down for fan the hammer.

D.Va needs to be able to move a little bit faster while shooting and spread should tighten up a bit.

Mei may need a damage boost and a health reduction.

Symettra needs a better visual indicator for the range of her primary fire and maybe a shorter cool down on her teleporter. Maybe even extend the range of her primary fire.

Zenyatta needs more health. And his ult needs buffed.

Tracer is fine, just hate playing against good tracer players.

Hanzo may need a little tweak.

Pharah can be a bit of a pain to deal with on console but i think she's fine.

Friendly reaper visuals need tweaked.

There's a broken trophy that needs fixed. The zenyatta trophy for discord assists seems impossible.

Career profile ui needs fixed. There's a couple of bugs. The people requesting to join party pop-up needs fixed.
I want to rate matches. I also want the option to take my group out of matchmaking instead of having everyone leave and then resenting invites.

That's all I can think about for tweaks.

Lvl 51, most time is spent as lucio, my fave to play as is Genji, my fav character is widow.

Facing a good Genji or Tracer is terrifying. They're everywhere. And today I faced a team with one of each.

It was like fighting a Super Saiyan.
tumblr_o7udtuGuvJ1tgy4o5o1_500.gif

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
With the incoming (and now Jeff Kaplan confirmed) nerf to McCree, does it kill anyone else's desire to play the game? I'm not trolling here, because he's my favorite character and I likely will stop playing him because his role/utility will completely change. I'll actually likely play the game less and possibly even trade it in.

Why? Because I don't want to waste my time falling in love with another character before they decide to jump in and change them again. I do play a few other characters depending on situations, but none gel with me nearly as much. Ah, oh well.

With the incoming (and now Jeff Kaplan confirmed) nerf to McCree, does it kill anyone else's desire to play the game? I'm not trolling here, because he's my favorite character and I likely will stop playing him because his role/utility will completely change. I'll actually likely play the game less and possibly even trade it in.

Why? Because I don't want to waste my time falling in love with another character before they decide to jump in and change them again. I do play a few other characters depending on situations, but none gel with me nearly as much. Ah, oh well.

What? Correct if wrong but the nerf is only reducing damage, not changing his playstyle.

TheYanger

I made some new cards and updated Reaper! Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i hope you enjoy
I love these. D.va is great
I must be doing something right in my 12 hours of playtime on her, 60% win%.

Yeah I find Zarya a very strong pug tank, she doesn't rely on a healer (roadhog is the same), and you can save other people purely through your own skill. I have a good winrate with her in pugs over the beta and release.

The level 1 turret is a pea shooter that doesn't do anything. It should not scare you in the slightest. By placing another turret down and needing to wack it a few times Torbjorn has to pull himself out of the fight for a fairly lengthy amount of time already.

Right. But I've just dealt with number 1 turret, now I have to deal with number 2 turret. By that time number 1 is back with his level 2 turret because it takes no time at all to level it up.

I was playing as Torbjorn a lot last night. Went on ridiculously long killstreaks, kept the enemy away from most points, they didn't stand a chance, especially on Hanamura like I said. It just all feels a little cheap.

Gator86

"Turret's down!"
"One to you're right."
"That's down now."

I hope they don't tweak the turrets. Yeah, they can be irritating, but if they nerf them, then it's fucking Tracer heaven, especially with the incoming McCree nerf. Pub games on console would have virtually no other heroes in them half the time.

Nothing about him will change, though. He will be the same ambusher through and through. It's just that they're tweaking his damage to bring him in line with other heroes, and then presumably bringing D.va into that same alignment. He isn't going to suddenly become a support, defense, or tank because his damage output was reduced.

Balance is good. It prevents the gameplay from becoming stale, with One Team Comp To Rule Them All. And even better, it means that someone's favourite hero will always stay competitive.
Shoot Tracer in the head, force a rewind, carry on with day.

I was too stubborn in remaining the hero I first chose (Toblerone) and paid the price for it.

Ah well. Every match is a lesson in humility.

darklin0

Banned

Nope. I wish they nerfed him more. He allows for no counter play if he catches you with the stun. At least Roadhog Hook requires some skill to pull off. McCree is just cheap.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What? Correct if wrong but the nerf is only reducing damage, not changing his playstyle.
What? Reducing his damage does irrefutably change his playstyle.

That's like saying nerfing the damage to Genji's reflect doesn't change his playstyle. Of course it does -- he can no longer face down heavy firepower foes and is forced to play differently.

Well, they are nerfing the one very broken part of the character.

I've been a full health Reinherdt, with Mercy's healing stream on me, killed in seconds by a McCree fanfire.
That should not be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What? Reducing his damage does irrefutably change his playstyle.

That's like saying nerfing the damage to Genji's reflect doesn't change his playstyle. Of course it does -- he can no longer face down heavy firepower foes and is forced to play differently.

Yeah, so you can't down a roadhog in one fan roll fan combo.

How is that a bad thing? You'll still destroy all the not-tanks.

As Mei... MEI.

Welcome to my life as Mei.

But seriously, playing as Mei when nobody on your team wants to support you fucking sucks. It's infuriating.

Inumbris

A tanks job is not necessarily to always be on the objective. On playload maps in particular there are situations where moving ahead isn't a bad idea. Also they could have just been getting dropped too fast or they can be setup next to Bastion if they are Reinhardt.

Yeah you're right, it just seemed like an odd thing for me to have both of those gold medals when I'm probably not qualified for either with Mei haha.

m4st4

I don't feel like OT3 title is relevant to me anymore, got all the legendaries I wanted for my mains and now I'm playing for the play, not loot. God help me when Blizz releases something new though.

I mean if the reason you're falling in love with a character is because they are op then just move on to whoever is next on the list. Fan the hammer shouldn't be a one button solution toast situation McCree runs in to. McCree at least based on his kit seems to actually be a midrange guy who has tools to counter the other offense heroes who are mobile if they get close and greedy. If he was supposed to be roaming the map he'd probably have some hp that was a shield. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't overnerf and McCree will be just filling the nice he's supposed to.

Inumbris

I don't feel like OT3 title is relevant to my, got all the legendaries I wanted for my mains and now I'm playing for the play, not loot. God help me when Blizz releases something new though.

Damn you lucky son of a bitch. What were the legendaries that you wanted and got?

Jblanks

I love these. D.va is great

Yeah I find Zarya a very strong pug tank, she doesn't rely on a healer (roadhog is the same), and you can save other people purely through your own skill. I have a good winrate with her in pugs over the beta and release.
Yea ironically Road Hog is my highest W% at 67% with about 7 hours played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom