• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
This might sound dumb, but is there a way to use a mouse coupled with non-WASD controls? My dumb fingers accidentally launch my Ult sometimes when they dance on the WASD keys like a DDR pad. I'm picturing a wiimote nunchuck: using the joystick for movement, having the nunchuck's C button assigned to E, and Z button be left shift. Any ideas? Is something like this even feasible?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo

?

exYle

Having had a connection for the past month or so, I never experienced OW on a shitty one. Then I went to visit my hometown for the weekend and stayed at my parent's place.

Holy fuck. Slideshows. Rubber bands. Fuck.

Level 60 achieved. one more level to get a new portrait.

Just unlocked loots. not bad

150 coins
a symmetra spray,
a legendary tracer Mach T skin
and rare Midori Hanzo skin.

eek5

Another question, why does Pharah take twice as much self-damage as Junkrat?
Wait, that's a legitimate question.

My guess is because of Pharah's explosives dealing damage as direct impact whereas Junkrat's bounces around before it explodes so taking self-damage as Pharah is more directly your fault than JR so it's more punishing.

Apathy

just did an anubis where our reaper somehow got stuck in the big statue on B, like literally inside of it. Hes not sure how and neither is anyone else. He couldn't move and he couldn't E out of it.

It may have been due to a symetra portal but I'm not sure (the portal was in the little space behind B). Either way we wont cause he could not be targeted but he could shoot out and kill people and was considered on the point.

Weird glitch, and the opponents were mad and wanted to report him for hacking.

eek5

just did an anubis where our reaper somehow got stuck in the big statue on B, like literally inside of it. Hes not sure how and neither is anyone else. He couldn't move and he couldn't E out of it.

It may have been due to a symetra portal but I'm not sure (the portal was in the little space behind B). Either way we wont cause he could not be targeted but he could shoot out and kill people and was considered on the point.

Weird glitch, and the opponents were mad and wanted to report him for hacking.

If I was on the other team I would've reported him. Just because it happened accidentally doesn't mean he had to exploit it lol

Satch

Banned
i just had to tell my entire team what to do step by step so we could win hanamura on attack... is this how my mother felt about me growing up?

"GET DOWN THERE NOW, JUST GO DOWN THERE WITH THEM"

Polarburr

i just had to tell my entire team what to do step by step so we could win hanamura on attack... is this how my mother felt about me growing up?

"GET DOWN THERE NOW, JUST GO DOWN THERE WITH THEM"

Funny enough, this is why I'm kinda scared and shy to play with people in GAF. I fear I won't reach their standard of good gaming and I'll probably quit and never play again. Wish I could get over this anxiety though. Seems fun to play with everyone here!

Laputa_94

Funny enough, this is why I'm kinda scared and shy to play with people in GAF. I fear I won't reach their standard of good gaming and I'll probably quit and never play again. Wish I could get over this anxiety though. Seems fun to play with everyone here!

95% of my matches (90+ hours) have been with gaffers, and its been a lot of fun. Mind you we all have our salty moments and bad matches.

Will people ever learn to play for the objective and not hunt doen kills?
Remember: only one person is required to push the cart and having more people on it doesn't make the cart move faster. Some people need to clear the way for the cart. If nobody is on the cart, don't wait for someone else to do it. Get you ass on the cart. I push carts and take objectives on Widow. Get shit done and don't expect anyone else to do it.

Zomba13

Remember: only one person is required to push the cart and having more people on it doesn't make the cart move faster. Some people need to clear the way for the cart. If nobody is on the cart, don't wait for someone else to do it. Get you ass on the cart. I push carts and take objectives on Widow. Get shit done and don't expect anyone else to do it.

Really? I thought carts and points went faster up to 3 people? Then again I can't remember where I read that.

TheBear

Any tips on killing with zarya? I've found im really good at supporting the team and staying alive but I can't kill for shit

Satch

Banned

well, i don't play with many gaffers, but i know most of them will be helpful. im just short on patience with randoms and i have to directly ask individual people to do something or they'll leave the responsibility to someone else

its interesting that you mention a fear of not having good aiming because, if im being honest with you, thats the LEAST of peoples problems in this game. people have to be goaded into just holding the shield button and walking forward toward the objective, and that takes very minimal aiming

most issues with the playerbase have to do with getting everyone to go to the objective together. if you can do that, youre automatically more useful than like a majority of the people i play with in random pubs

MoonGred

Have had the worst luck with pubs over the weekend, people refusing to play either support or tank, which leads to us getting stomped.

I think Genji is quickly becoming my most disliked hero purely because he's such a waste of hero when he's not played correctly, let alone having 2 in your team backed up by 2 hanzos.

Also fuck this look!

Apathy

payload moves faster with more people up to 3

3 people on the cart make it move it's fastest.

Who's a good counter for Reaper?

Skittles

dat feel when you do something potg worthy but the game would never put it up because of how its set up. was playing the zenmaster on payload defense and everyone died with the payload less than 5m away from a loss. i spawn in and immediately use my ult on the payload to stop it. team spawns in and wipes everyone near it. had to do the same thing later on when the payload was less than 1m away.

R0ckman

Have had the worst luck with pubs over the weekend, people refusing to play either support or tank, which leads to us getting stomped.

I think Genji is quickly becoming my most disliked hero purely because he's such a waste of hero when he's not played correctly, let alone having 2 in your team backed up by 2 hanzos.

Also fuck this look!

You don't always NEED a healer, I typically only hear people cry for one in pubs when they can not survive enemy encounters for more than 10 seconds. I played a Lucio and my team was doing bad so I just decided to have fun with McCree and it actually helped the team more, because I was killing multiple people and making it easier for my team to survive.

darklin0

Banned
Any tips on killing with zarya? I've found im really good at supporting the team and staying alive but I can't kill for shit
They key is building up energy so you can deal damage. After you got that down it becomes a lot easier.

If someone gets too close and is alone the left click melts them. I prefer to use this on tanks due to some characters being so squirrelly. Her alt fire can be super devastating if the enemy team bunches up with no shields. Practice getting used to the arc and speed of the projectiles. They have a pretty big AoE so if you can lead your shots you can kill a lot of squishy characters surprisingly fast.

Just to reiterate, you need to build up your energy. Otherwise you will do nothing but peanut damage.

MoonGred

You don't always NEED a healer, I typically only hear people cry for one in pubs when they can not survive enemy encounters for more than 10 seconds. I played a Lucio and my team was doing bad so I just decided to have fun with McCree and it actually helped the team more, because I was killing multiple people and making it easier for my team to survive.

True, depending on mode/map you wont need it, but it does limit you when pushing the payload, and you're screwed if the other team has an area on lockdown and everyone is Genji/Hanzo/Mcree.

I should get a POTG with winston. d.va decided to ult on the point so i jumped on top of that bitch and put down my shield. LOL
of course i killed myself but i saved everyone else. feels good man.

exYle

Also fuck this look!

That's how I felt at first when I was practicing him, but now that I've put in some serious time playing Genji, I'm confident that I'm an asset to my team.

I do feel guilty being a flanker though.

JoeMartin

Will people ever learn to play for the objective and not hunt kills?

1) Queue into game.
2) Occasionally run into people that don't play like deep fried internal rectal sphincter.
3) Add these people as friends. (They don't even have to be from your team!)
4) Repeat with as many people from step 3 as possible.
5) Never solo queue again.

darklin0

Banned
1) Queue into game.
2) Occasionally run into people that don't play like deep fried internal rectal sphincter.
3) Add these people as friends. (They don't even have to be from your team!)
4) Repeat with as many people from step 3 as possible.
5) Never solo queue again.
I tend to ignore friend requests from names I don't recognize, so I never add randoms. I am weird lol.

TheBear

They key is building up energy so you can deal damage. After you got that down it becomes a lot easier.

If someone gets too close and is alone the left click melts them. I prefer to use this on tanks due to some characters being so squirrelly. Her alt fire can be super devastating if the enemy team bunches up with no shields. Practice getting used to the arc and speed of the projectiles. They have a pretty big AoE so if you can lead your shots you can kill a lot of squishy characters surprisingly fast.

Just to reiterate, you need to build up your energy. Otherwise you will do nothing but peanut damage.

So if I'm holding a point do a just keep the fire button down? I'm playing on a pad and finding it difficult to get head shots, does it matter?

I hate Lucio. He is always well protected by smart teams, but can actually fight well, and is a huge pain in the ass to pin down since he moves around like a madman. Me as pharah trying hopelessly to kill the healer because my team think it's a good idea to hurt the enemy without actually killing anyone = sad panda.

At least Mercy doesn't run! And she is made of paper!

peakish

Some people seem to complain about TDM whenever someone isn't on point all the time which annoys me a bit. Being on the point doesn't do anything if you can't cap and only has marginal benefits on defense and payload (when under attack obv.). Unless the situation is critical (close to or in overtime, or knowing that a short delay can be enough for some others of my team to get back) I will try to fight from a better position or retreat to regroup with my respawned team, rather than die pointlessly. If I'm running Pharah or S76 I poke ahead a bit as long as a tank and at least one or two others are on the payload (I generally don't break LOS so that I can return to the line without dying). Although I'm starting to get to the point where this is dangerous because of Widows, in which case I stay closer to the group (also if I know the other team is running a comp that easily traps me like McCrees or Roadhogs).

That's not me trying to improve my KDR, it's trying to make it difficult for the enemies to reach us or get into good positions unharmed. If this is still bad tactics I'd like to know of course.

darklin0

Banned
So if I'm holding a point do a just keep the fire button down? I'm playing on a pad and finding it difficult to get head shots, does it matter?
Definitely keep it down. At 85-100 charge I aim for body for her primary. I find keeping the beam on them does more DPS than sparringly hitting head shots. If you can consistently hit the head, go for it, it will tear them down faster.

I mainly focus on the alt fire though. Landing them not only chunks them pretty bad it also causes a knock back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom