• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator86

I think I've hit the point where every time I see a Pharah, I immediately think "man, fuck Pharah." I don't know how she doesn't get more hate on here. She has a fair amount of health, rarely dies on console thanks to the poorer aiming, and does a shit ton of damage. You basically have to move one or more people to 76, McCree, or Widow immediately to not get obliterated. Her flying around around with a Mercy attached is one of the most irritating things in the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I've hit the point where every time I see a Pharah, I immediately think "man, fuck Pharah." I don't know how she doesn't get more hate on here. She has a fair amount of health, rarely dies on console thanks to the poorer aiming, and does a shit ton of damage. You basically have to move one or more people to 76, McCree, or Widow immediately to not get obliterated. Her flying around around with a Mercy attached is one of the most irritating things in the game.

On PC she gets murked so quickly it's not even funny. She's close to non-viable with how prevalent widows are.

I don't really fear her as roadhog.

Gorillaz

Definitely going to miss mystery hero playlist

Honestly wouldn't mind if it was it's own mode. It would honestly help for alot of the newcomers and people who only use the same 4 characters to learn more.

besada

Banned

As a regular Junkrat/Torbjorn player, I'm happy to subscribe to your "Fuck Pharah" newsletter.

If you magically luck into a game where nobody is actively trying to counter her on PC, she's a monster.

The problem is that there's a Widow basically every game which completely shuts her down.

I wouldn't call 200 a fair amount of health for a target that slowly moves around in the air. She's super vulnerable and weak to those three heroes you mentioned and hovers too slowly to avoid Lucio getting on the action too. Hell, I've hooked a Pharah out of her ultimate quite a few times. She's exceptionally weak, but can also be devastating. A hovering glass cannon.

Spinifex

If you magically luck into a game where nobody is actively trying to counter her on PC, she's a monster.

The problem is that there's a Widow basically every game which completely shuts her down.

Yeah if you join a game with no Widow switch to Pharah immediately. You will absolutely destroy.

Gator86

On PC she gets murked so quickly it's not even funny. She's close to non-viable with how prevalent widows are.

I don't really fear her as roadhog.

Yeah, that's why I added the console part. They're different games. On console, very few people have that level of accuracy so she's a goddamn nightmare because she's always above you firing rockets down. Her kit is kind of overwhelming on console.

Yeah, that's why I added the console part. They're different games. On console, very few people have that level of accuracy so she's a goddamn nightmare because she's always above you firing rockets down. Her kit is kind of overwhelming on console.

I'm a console player and I do alright against her as Lucio or Roadhog...and very quick to die as her too.

ExVicis

So I go into Nepal completely sucking at Pharah, and I straight up tell my temmates "I'm really bad at Pharah, first death I get I'll switch" and a teammate says he'll do it. I end up not only not dying but getting PotG and winning us the game. So...uh...okay Overwatch, I'll take it.

NimbusD

I think I am the worst player on Gaf... 56 games / 17 wins with 7 hours on the clock. I try to just focus on the objective and don't let the stats get me down. I should have got the console version I just can't compete on the PC version. I do enjoy the game I just wish I could be closer to 50/50.

Proof:

Only one way to get better dude! Keep sucking until you get better.

some tips: Try to communicate more w teammates, sync up ults, don't just run in on your own. if you're a tank wait for your teammates to go in with them.

Gorillaz

Once people get widow on consoles that shit will be scary. Alot of it is just controlling her is sluggish compared to that of a CoD/BF so it's this weird feeling for most imo.

When people get widow down on console then I join in on the "holy shit counter her somebody" train

Jblanks

Yea I'm starting to lose the urge to play anymore, which is fine I got about 50 hours so far. When you have 3 offensive heroes on defence good luck.

spiritfox

Everytime I play as Pharah she crumples as soon as a Widow, Soldier, or Bastion looks at her funny. So much that I now prefer staying on the ground rather than take to the air unless I have to.

Sora_N

Widow's got a very high skill ceiling, and on consoles, nobody's that good to make her a valuable addition to the team. But Christ does everyone wanna be her or Hanzo.

Everyone wants to snipe yeah, but only some are actually good.

I stay away from it because I'm bad and don't contribute a lot if I do it.

Dragner

Started playing this weekend, im not good at fps so I mostly play heroes for people with potato aim. Mostly Mercy and Winston. I always finish on top players with 4-5 commendations 6 k heal and 20 assist. But still my winrate is like...20%. Do I suck, people suck or this is normal?. I would like winning sometimes...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Started playing this weekend, im not good at fps so I mostly play heroes for people with potato aim. Mostly Mercy and Winston. I always finish on top players with 4-5 commendations 6 k heal and 20 assist. But still my winrate is like...20%. Do I suck, people suck or this is normal?. I would like winning sometimes...
Solo Mercy is suffering. I suggest you try Lucio as you give yourself more solo protection.

What makes me sad about Pharah is that I've dabbled in comp TF2 as a roaming Solly. I can't help comparing her to the Soldier, and there's really no contest in terms of relative power or depth. I know I shouldn't compare them since they're from very different games, but the sense of freedom you have with the Soldier is intoxicating.

Dragner

Solo Mercy is suffering. I suggest you try Lucio as you give yourself more solo protection.

Oh yeah. I die a lot because people dont care of protecting me and just fly away or teleport away leaving me alone. I suposse its a thing of being low level I hope it gets better because I really like mercy (also I unlocked her valkyrie skin that looks gorgeous on my second box...that helps).

molotrok

Oh man, bought a 5$ loot crate bundle and only scored one Epic item, which was currency •__•
At least I now have enough to buy a legendary skin.

Attacking on Gibraltar against 5 Torbjorns and 1 Symmetra was brutal. Team couldn't make it to 2nd checkpoint. Had shields, snipes and rockets/bombs, couldn't budge through that corner in front of the door.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got a perfect example of how Widowmaker is fairly considered overpowered on PC with a PotG I just got on Brawl.

Keep in mind I'm not even good with her and for those wondering
we lost cause I was being a scumbag Widowmaker and lost track of time. I am so sorry #team v_v

wrongway

Mercy's generally not compatible with randoms. People are too prone to running off alone in pursuit of kills, making healing as Mercy a pretty futile endeavor. Lucio's better suited to healing your typical group of morons since he's fairly self-sufficient. You can just worry about yourself and heal your "team" just by virtue of existing. Plus you can occasionally punt badguys off of cliffs!

Some guy today was like "Ah hey (my username), how are you doing?" I don't know anyone on Overwatch, must've remembered me from a pub game or something? All I said was "Good", didn't know if he was trolling or legit :S

molotrok

Mercy is my most played character, with double the time spent as her than my next most played. Honestly I feel I often turn the tide of battle with my rez's. You just have to know who to heal, and when.
I have a blast playing as her. I feel like a mother goose. Plus it feels great to be complimented when playing as her.

Dat feel when you get a Potg, with a full team rez on overtime, to steal the win.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
When you're pulling Mercies as Roadhog

240.jpg

Pounding It

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ya know... it finally clicked. I think I suddenly realize why this game is so much fun for me, when most every other FPS of the last decade has pissed me off (save for R6: Siege, TF2, and Planetside).

In pretty much every other FPS nowadays (CoD, Battlefield, Battlefront, Medal of Honor, etc), I'm constantly getting an option to select a class, and then I'm fucked at my first encounter, because I don't have the "correct" gun for the job.

But here - as so focused on classes as the game is - I usually have some type of move. Yes, I'm gonna get fucked as a Roadhog by a turret, and yes, Widow fucks my shit as a healer. BUT(!), most the time, I know what I'm running into. I have a clue of what the enemy is going to be around the corner. And so I can try a different tactic or prep my class.

It's a true game of Rock/Paper/Scissors. So many games claim to implement such a system, but more often that not, there are so many variables it feels more like luck than anything. And that's not the case here.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Spent money for 2 boxes because I've been feeling good about my performances so far.

Got yeti mei and epic currency.

I'll take it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Spent money for 2 boxes because I've been feeling good about my performances so far.

Got yeti mei and epic currency.

I'll take it.

lies

all of it... lies

$40 spent on boxes and I've gotten maybe 1,000 currency and one legendary :-(

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
There's nothing more fun then getting with a buddy and playing as the Rein Climbers. He complements himself so well: 4000 shield, shielded fireballs every 3 seconds, 150 dps with the hammers, protected charges, 2 ults that build up super fast because you play aggressive, ults that will wipe out anyone in your site for free, and the ability to spawn camp.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There's nothing more fun then getting with a buddy and playing as the Rein Climbers. He complements himself so well: 4000 shield, shielded fireballs every 3 seconds, 150 dps with the hammers, protected charges, 2 ults that build up super fast because you play aggressive, ults that will wipe out anyone in your site for free, and the ability to spawn camp.
Tell me you're using complimenting skins.

Logged in did one match where I was clearly the +1 in a 5 stack vs a superior 5 stack and logged out. I did not expect this game to die so quickly for me. I think I better just hold off playing until the patch and see what it brings.

I hear ya =( I'm getting burnt out already too. The only good thing is that blizzard usually keeps the content and support coming, so hopefully the next big update makes things better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom