• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For those who are good at Lucio, how do you utilize the wall run effectively?
I know Lucio have this ability but I am just never sure when to use it and what's its advantage against standard movement? Are there any useful tricks?

Basically make yourself as hard to hit as possible.

Also allows you to get to various vantage points or various areas faster. If you're good you can basically do the ninja gaiden wall jumps up to buildings. Look at how easily he followed widow with her hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va896zZ1S6M

Sorral

For those who are good at Lucio, how do you utilize the wall run effectively?
I know Lucio have this ability but I am just never sure when to use it and what's its advantage against standard movement? Are there any useful tricks?

I use it when I am being chased sometimes with the speed boost. It usually throws people's aim off pretty well and I have had Tracers stop attacking me because they started to take slightly too long in killing me as my teammates got closer. If you time using it right, you can actually get to higher floors with it as well as jump from wall to another on a different side. Lucio's speed boost makes it even better.

I need to do it more often to get that 3 Eliminations while wall running trophy.

Antiwhippy

symmetra-spray-10-caution.png

OMG this spray is perfect.

I need to get it.

Animator

Blizzard seriously needs to fix the matchmaking. I don't appreciate being thrown into a game with literally 5 seconds to go in the game

This is rage inducing when you solo play. Too many assholes leave the game with 20 seconds to a loss and you end up getting the lose. If anyone is quitting the game too often on top of the xp loss the game should lock them out of playing for a time.

Antiwhippy

This is rage inducing when you solo play. Too many assholes leave the game with 20 seconds to a loss and you end up getting the lose. If anyone is quitting the game too often on top of the xp loss the game should lock them out of playing for a time.

It doesn't actually effect your w/l ratio I believe if you join in under those circumstances.

TrojanAg

It certainly seems to show up as a loss when this happens to me. I don't think the amount of time that you're in a game matters when it comes to that statistic as far as I can tell

ramyeon

God dammit I wish I had friends who played this. I'm just totally sick of random groups now, playing with them is actually making me angry.

kagamin

Playing brawl with GAF friends, we had a lot more fun now that we're not worried about cohesive strategy as much and are more focused on working with the heroes we're given, too bad its changing soon.

Anyone else playing with randoms and having horrific W/L ratios?

I see a lot of people moaning about this and about having terrible teams but I seem to have the opposite.

I have over 50% win ratio and always play with randoms, am I just lucky?

Dragner

I see a lot of people moaning about this and about having terrible teams but I seem to have the opposite.

My last game yesterday was attacking hanamura with a Torbjorn, a Bastion, a Widowmaker and a Genji...if that answer your question...Im having terrible luck with teams so far, the funny thing is that Im lvl 13 and im getting paired with high 20s...I dont get it.

kagamin

My last game yesterday was attacking hanamura with a Torbjorn, a Bastion, a Widowmaker and a hanzo...if that answer your question...Im havinh terrible luck with teams so far, the funny thing is that Im lvl 13 and im getting paired with high 20s...I dont get it.

That sounds like a good team
if only you were on defense

kromeo

It balances it out over time, the frustration is the long runs of heavily one sided games it keeps putting you in. Steamrolls are boring whichever side you're on. Whenever my win ratio starts to creep up I can guarantee a run of 10 losses in a row will soon come

Dragner

That sounds like a good team
if only you were on defense

We almost pass the door once. Was beautiful, I was playing winston on my crusade to try to jump into their defenses alone, also our healer was lucio, useless with that configuration. It was a pain.

Win ratio is 67% as Symmetra, 83% as Mercy. Sub-50% with characters I don't use as often.

I consider myself a good player with Sym and Mercy and if I have at least two other players on my team who know what they're doing, that's enough to win.

Please do this Blizzard. Also remove her wallhack ulti and replace it with something else entirely.

I wouldn't mind if they made her ult stronger. If they sufficiently nerfed her and then her ult had some extra power to it, perhaps near instantaneous charge time or something crazy for 4-5 seconds, she might be a more fun character overall.

My last game yesterday was attacking hanamura with a Torbjorn, a Bastion, a Widowmaker and a Genji...if that answer your question...Im having terrible luck with teams so far, the funny thing is that Im lvl 13 and im getting paired with high 20s...I dont get it.

The crazy thing is this can actually work on Hanamura. Even though the defending team is supposed to be...defending, often someone just can't resist sticking their heads out even when they know there are shredders waiting to get in. It's actually not that hard to take point A even with team made up mostly of defense heroes if they actually go in hard.

IbukiLordSA

How so? My friend tried playing Torbjorn and couldn't keep them alive much. Aren't they pretty easy to kill?

A good Torb will place turrets strategically, then get into the fight to try and disrupt the team so they don't know where the turret is while also picking up scrap so you can armor your team. Then move the turret around as need be. Also not just spamming Ult whenever it pops but using it at the right time can easily win matches.

But yeah one good D.va can really wreck his game.

kubricks

I use it when I am being chased sometimes with the speed boost. It usually throws people's aim off pretty well and I have had Tracers stop attacking me because they started to take slightly too long in killing me as my teammates got closer. If you time using it right, you can actually get to higher floors with it as well as jump from wall to another on a different side. Lucio's speed boost makes it even better.

I need to do it more often to get that 3 Eliminations while wall running trophy.

Thank a bunch guys, will try it tonight and see if I can handle the maneuver.

Wow how?

kromeo

Torbjorn alone is not a problem. 3 to 6 Torbjorn stacking on defense maps is too much for Pubs to handle generally.

The problem playing with randoms is that people don't even attempt to deal with them, they just repeatedly run in one at a time and get killed. So many times when I've been healing the torb has had one turret up for the whole game

gimmmick

Finally got up to 1k to buy a legendary skin. Tried out mercey for the first time tonight and actually enjoyed playing her. My two other buddies were playing online and reapers are lit. 2 hit kills with with her upgraded aura (or whatever it's called). Purchased Valkyrie skin and feeling pretty good about it :)

2 hours later I get a fire fighter skin for mei on a level 36 loot box :) Tonight was good haul.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the replies.

At level 45 I got my second legendary drop. Both have been for soldier 76, one of my least played characters I think? First was night ops, but second is daredevil which is flashier.

Thanks for the replies.

At level 45 I got my second legendary drop. Both have been for soldier 76, one of my least played characters I think? First was night ops, but second is daredevil which is flashier.

I seem to only win skins for characters I don't use...

Then my buddy gets all the skins he wants in loot boxes...

Luck of the draw :(

jeemer

I'm so torn on this game. I played about 1500 hours of tf2 over the years and I finally gave up on it and uninstalled it late last year.

After all the buzz around overwatch I'm tempted to pick this up. I'm a little worried about the current number of game modes, but more so after watching run down videos of all the heroes. It really seems like each has a role to play, making teamwork even more important than tf2. I'm not sure if I'll get much enjoyment out of playing with pugs.

On the other hand I just saw I can get a legit copy for £29.99 from Blizzard without the daft extras.

gimmmick

I seem to only win skins for characters I don't use...

Then my buddy gets all the skins he wants in loot boxes...

Luck of the draw :(

I'm 36 and I have found 5 legendary skins for all different characters (3 of them which I play regulary (Lucio (Ribbit), Reinhardt (Lionhardt), Torbjörn (Deadlock)). I have been pretty lucky with loot boxes compared to the horror stories I see online. I was so happy when I got ribbit lol. Lionhardt is also the best looking one out of all the skins in the game (LA Laker colors!).

Hex

Banned
How so? My friend tried playing Torbjorn and couldn't keep them alive much. Aren't they pretty easy to kill?

Your friend needs to learn how to place them in better defense locations and protect them.
I keep getting into groups where people take a Torb on attack on my team for KotH maps and I am just legit shook.
Also going entire games with Mercy not popping rez once, I mean what's up with that? Even if not on my some of the team has to be in range.

Hex

Banned
Torbjorn alone is not a problem. 3 to 6 Torbjorn stacking on defense maps is too much for Pubs to handle generally.

The combination of two torbs and their turrets if they are smart in locations where there is really only one way to come at it and a Symmetra throwing down buzz turrets everywhere is rough.
But it is what it is.
I love seeing those Torb play of the games after everyone else fought their asses off, where it is just the turret shooting down a bunch of people and the Torb just running around .

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Mystery Heroes finds a way to stick around in the future, great mode.

I'd really like it if mystery and arcade mode were just separate modes that were always around. That way I don't have to go through the pain of a whole week of super shimada bros to wait another week for an actual good mode.

Hagi

Heh there's a guy playing on Twitch with the voice actress for Tracer. She's not talking much but he got her to say the Deja Vu line in front of his Widow.

edit: shit it's actually someone who sounds remarkably similar

Playing healer and get solo utled and then solo ulted again and again then finally double solo ulted. While our widow sits at the back killing the whole team. What a fun game this is sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom