• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

He can (or at least could in the beta) but it's just hard to hit because no Junkrat throws his mine directly at the enemy.

He can't deflect the trap though IIRC.

Most Junkbags throw directly to my face though.
I've seen the mine just explode to my face despite having deflect on...it's the only thing that I haven't deflected till date.

Rad-

I discovered Zenyatta this weekend. Great fun. Love him. Discord orb is great. People have to fall back or be killed. Great to disrupt enemy offense.

I also wanna take this oppurtunity to call out that one McCree, who was letting the enemy sneak behind and kill me all the time , that was shouting "I need healing" all the time.

Good job.

I'd love him if he was just a tad more survivable. Like faster or more HP. But atm it feels like anything kills him super fast if you don't have Reinhardt and/or Zarya in your team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After experience I just had with Mei's ult I call bs on that claim. I knew where she put it and I heard it, but I didn't see it. I was even one full floor higher than deployed ult, so I was out of line of sight and vertically a lots above. Still got frozen by it.

oh mei, sorry I thought you meant dva. yeah no los on mei ult

X-Frame

I feel like every character should be able to see teammate health levels and have them all be on by default.

Isn't this important information, even for players who are not able to heal? Even if I am a Pharah, if I see a Critical teammate I also would be more likely to follow them to see if the are getting hunted to lend support so they don't die before reaching a health pack/healer.

Would there be any downsides to having all teammates know each other's health?

Mugenjin

I feel like every character should be able to see teammate health levels and have them all be on by default.

Isn't this important information, even for players who are not able to heal? Even if I am a Pharah, if I see a Critical teammate I also would be more likely to follow them to see if the are getting hunted to lend support so they don't die before reaching a health pack/healer.

I'd like that very much as well. There is no legit reason why we shouldn't be able to see our team's health as any character.

It also boggles my mind why the kill feed is turned off by default.

PatjuhR

I agree with this. Something like they did for the Mercy health, when she's beaming you.

PatjuhR

I'd love him if he was just a tad more survivable. Like faster or more HP. But atm it feels like anything kills him super fast if you don't have Reinhardt and/or Zarya in your team.

I don't know. He's strong on attack. So when he has more survivability he might be to OP.

Catdaddy

Lootbox gods blessed me today.

D.Va_Skin_B.Va.jpg

Third epic I got for free and I'm only level 45.

Congratz! My first legendary as D.Va's Scavenger skin, really like that bumblebee skin.

abundant

I played with GAFfers all weekend. Nobody singles anyone out. Of course, we all want to win, myself included. But in our losses, I can't say that a single person was some sort of dead weight. Sometimes, you just get beat. Sometimes, you're just off.

This has been my experience playing with GAFers since the game launched as well. Everyone is kind and no one singles you out if you did bad in a game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Been going back and forth between Sigrun and Valkyrie on the skin screen but I think I'm going for Valkyrie as I just found out the wings are blue instead of yellow which gives it the edge IMO.

Nice. June Bug is my favorite D. VA legendary but B. Va is pretty awesome too.

Junebug is my favorite skin, period. I play a lot of D.Va.

It was the first thing I saved up coinage for and purchased.

Now, I need a good emote for her. Maybe that pixelated heart one.

Last night pubs games we ass. People not knowing how to play left and right, lots of loses.
This morning was pretty good though, even guys wanted to join a squadron when we finished as they thought we played well as a team. Felt really good.

I'm stuck on deciding what tank to learn. Thinking either D Va or Zarya.

If you play only pubs, dva is much easier, as you can help the team by your own if you play well.
Zarya needs a much better team to work. She is good, but when working with people that understand how to play the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Uploaded some Torb gameplay where I ask if his turret needs to get nerfed/adjusted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDbutL6lYs

Personally, I don't think Torb's turret is that difficult to deal with. I can see why it may be an issue to some, mainly if people face more than 3 and they can't get a good team composition to counter.

I guess they're harder to deal with on console? They die extremely quickly on PC.

XenoRaven

Is it wrong for me to assume 90% of D. Va players are just playing her because she's their waifu?

I've played too many class based games where no one will go near the tanky class, yet I see people actively jump on D. Va. If Lucio didn't already exist I would suggest a Jpop star who heals people with music and then I'd never have to worry about playing support either.

ViviOggi

D.Va isn't even a real tank and icon Z is the best hero in the game so

If you play only pubs, dva is much easier, as you can help the team by your own if you play well.
Zarya needs a much better team to work. She is good, but when working with people that understand how to play the game.
This may have been true in beta and the week after launch, but assuming mid- to high-tier MMR Zarya is absolutely playable in pubs. With proper barrier timing her damage output is insane at any range, with her shields she's more self-sufficient than a Winston or Reinhardt and black hole wins games by itself.

D.Va is only the better choice if you want to be barely useful memer.

Is it wrong for me to assume 90% of D. Va players are just playing her because she's their waifu?

I've played too many class based games where no one will go near the tanky class, yet I see people actively jump on D. Va. If Lucio didn't already exist I would suggest a Jpop star who heals people with music and then I'd never have to worry about playing support either.

She's fun

XenoRaven

Zarya is by far my favorite tank. She just wrecks.

People had no idea how to use her at first which made playing her even more fun. Players are catching on to her now and that makes me terrified.

D.Va isn't even a real tank and icon Z is the best hero in the game so

This may have been true in beta and the week after launch, but assuming mid- to high-tier MMR Zarya is absolutely playable in pubs. With proper barrier timing her damage output is insane at any range, with her shields she's more self-sufficient than a Winston or Reinhardt and black hole wins games by itself.

D.Va is only the better choice if you want to be barely useful memer.

Tell that to my Dva win lose ratio.
I never use her on defense though.

Uploaded some Torb gameplay where I ask if his turret needs to get nerfed/adjusted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDbutL6lYs

Personally, I don't think Torb's turret is that difficult to deal with. I can see why it may be an issue to some, mainly if people face more than 3 and they can't get a good team composition to counter.

Good video. Might be improved a bit by showing just how his turret is countered and how easy it is to take down if everyone concentrates on it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Only time I use D.Va is on Watchpoint Gebraltarararararararr on defense, final point. You can jump up to the top "right" of the last point. If the enemy manages to push there, your turrets can make mince meat of anyone coming under. I save my ult, and in a last ditch effort, can use it on them if my team dies... it, at the VERY least, gives us an extra 3 or 4 seconds while everyone runs away.

I suppose I also use her when it seems nobody on our team can take out a Bastion or turret. Zoom in, quick shoot, zoom away. I normally die, but I can take the bastion or turret with me.

I like D.Va, but she really, really needs less severe damage drop off. She's WORTHLESS unless you're right up in her space... but she's not very mobile and her boost has a relatively long cool down.

People who cannot protect their medic don't deserve healing.
I don't think a lot of people listen to the cues. Mercy get hit and she's like protect me they are behind
Sometimes I have to run in front of rein if. I have no place to hide or fly somewhere else. And no one protects Zen either they just watch him die
When I watch the kill cam I'm like wtf team

Hari Seldon

Played this game for the 3rd time on Friday. I am not having fun with it. The matchmaking is downright fucking terrible and I'm level 5 getting matched with level 40+ people. I don't see myself even playing this game as long as I did Titanfall. This needs dedicated servers badly or waaaaaay better matchmaking.

A good Zarya is nigh-unstoppable, especially when backed up by a good team. Reinhardt is the Tank's Tank, but Zarya is orders of magnitude more dangerous... if you know what you're doing with her. Easily one of the higher-skill characters.

Nyx

A good Zarya is nigh-unstoppable, especially when backed up by a good team. Reinhardt is the Tank's Tank, but Zarya is orders of magnitude more dangerous... if you know what you're doing with her. Easily one of the higher-skill characters.

It's still hit or miss for me.

One game I'm dominating, next game I'm shit.
But she is definitely one of the more fun chars to play!

You would probably be wrong, Ive seen a few good Dvas helping the team a lot passing through chokepoints by attacking tbojorn turrets and widows on their backs, going to the checkpoint without the other team noticing, and thats also how I play. If you use it in any other way (on defense or some koths), you are shit, and probably chose it becuase you are tryign to learn or chose it because is your waifu, but I dont see a lot of her though.

Most bad players Ive seen have been with widows and hanzos.

I like D.Va, but she really, really needs less severe damage drop off. She's WORTHLESS unless you're right up in her space... but she's not very mobile and her boost has a relatively long cool down.

She is not very mobile while shooting, but that why you have the boost. 5 seconds cooldown is long? what? Its probably one of the fastest cooldowns in the game. Dont shoot, just hit things with your shiel while boosting. Is so fun people not even knowing she can do a reihardt hit but with more mobility.

PatjuhR

It also depends on they game mode.

I like D.Va, but I only use her in KOTH. There she's usefull in my opinion. Payload I'd rather go Reinhard or Roadhog, depending on attacking or defending.

People who cannot protect their medic don't deserve healing.

My thoughts exactly. I've had so many games where teammates treat Mercy as an afterthought. So many times I'm getting destroyed by Genji or Pharah and my teammates could give two shits.

If you keep the healer alive, then you stay alive. Simple stuff here guys.

Then when I switch off because I'm tired of getting crushed someone always comments, after the match bitching about the fact I switched off healer. Without fail, happens every time.

It also depends on they game mode.

I like D.Va, but I only use her in KOTH. There she's usefull in my opinion. Payload I'd rather go Reinhard or Roadhog, depending on attacking or defending.

KOTH is a hit or miss, depends a lot which one is. I found it much better in payloads and checkpoints. She helps the team from behind, and when everyone fails she can get fast to the payload and keep moving it till you wait for the team. She is even useful without the mech in those situations. Reinhardt plus dva plus mercy combo in payloads works amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom