• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still hit or miss for me.

One game I'm dominating, next game I'm shit.
But she is definitely one of the more fun chars to play!

Yeah, I'm in the same place, lol. I played a few games with some friends who live at a much higher MMR, and we went up against a Zarya who just absolutely WRECKED. Don't think they died once, took gold for damage and elims, had a card for damage blocked. Ridiculous.

Hex

Banned
I feel like every character should be able to see teammate health levels and have them all be on by default.

Isn't this important information, even for players who are not able to heal? Even if I am a Pharah, if I see a Critical teammate I also would be more likely to follow them to see if the are getting hunted to lend support so they don't die before reaching a health pack/healer.

Would there be any downsides to having all teammates know each other's health?

In a perfect world people would be on mics calling out that they are in trouble or have a tail
Hugely disappointed at how few people actually use mics

jeemer

I'm so torn on this game. I played about 1500 hours of tf2 over the years and I finally gave up on it and uninstalled it late last year.

After all the buzz around overwatch I'm tempted to pick this up. I'm a little worried about the current number of game modes, but more so after watching run down videos of all the heroes. It really seems like each has a role to play, making teamwork even more important than tf2. I'm not sure if I'll get much enjoyment out of playing with pugs.

On the other hand I just saw I can get a legit copy for £29.99 from Blizzard without the daft extras.

I've just sat and read a bunch of the lore. I'm going to end up buying this tonight aren't I. Is there a uk/eu gaf community for it at least?

X-Frame

I usually pick Zarya when I feel like I need to solo-carry, she is the most able to fill that objective of the tanks IMO, even if there is not another tank to take aggro from her.

Really she just needs to not be the first person to lead charges (unless both Barriers are ready) but ideally even if there is a Reaper or Pharah who pushes first I can throw the Projected Barrer on them consistently to maintain High-Energy.

Ideally there would be a D.Va, Roadhog, or Winston to continually Barrier. Even Reinhardt works if the other team has a Turret because the Projected Barrier extends beyond the Rein Shield allowing for a safe and consistent +50% Energy.

Good video. Might be improved a bit by showing just how his turret is countered and how easy it is to take down if everyone concentrates on it.

When I play Reinhardt, I always look for an opportunity to quickly drop shield and throw my Fire Strike at a turret. A lot of times Torbjorn has gone wandering, and the flame draws my team's attention to its location. It tends to blow up pretty quickly after that.

abundant

I guess they're harder to deal with on console? They die extremely quickly on PC.

Not really. It's just that when playing in pubs, people refuse to change heroes to counter it and the lack of team coordination that result in Torb being a pain in the ass to deal with. Basically the same reason why people cry out for a Bastion nerf.

In a perfect world people would be on mics calling out that they are in trouble or have a tail
Hugely disappointed at how few people actually use mics

In the euopean servers Ive only heard a russian guy speaking english doing this. Trying to make some defending tactics. He was pretty cool and we won.

Other than that, zero. People dont even try to talk in the chat after they die. I even wouldnt mind people crying, just say something if the whole team are saying to change your fucking widow on attack becuase you are staying on a door and not moving.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Finally had an awesome game as Widow on Gibraltar Defense.

26 eliminations and a POTG shutdown of back to back ultimates(McCree and Pharah). Simple play but so satisfying because I've always been such a useless sniper in FPS games. Got 7 votes for the MVP card at the end too!

Next match decided to play a Reinhardt, which went really well too, except that our team had a Widow who sucked. Which on offense, is very useless, since they don't kill and they don't push the cart. Got to within meters of the final point and the team choked... Damn it! So close. I got a card for 10k damage blocked at the end though so I can't be too salty.

Fun morning with Overwatch, this game is just too fun.

Grief.exe

Finally had an awesome game as Widow on Gibraltar Defense.

26 eliminations and a POTG shutdown of back to back ultimates(McCree and Pharah). Simple play but so satisfying because I've always been such a useless sniper in FPS games. Got 7 votes for the MVP card at the end too!

Next match decided to play a Reinhardt, which went really well too, except that our team had a Widow who sucked. Which on offense, is very useless, since they don't kill and they don't push the cart. Got to within meters of the final point and the team choked... Damn it! So close. I got a card for 10k damage blocked at the end though so I can't be too salty.

Fun morning with Overwatch, this game is just too fun.

Should have gotten legendary for that POTG.

I'm stuck on deciding what tank to learn. Thinking either D Va or Zarya.

D.Va should be played like a flanker and disruptor. She's not great for tanking. You have to be really, really aggressive. She can punch out turrets pretty easily by flying face first into one, popping Defense Matrix to get there, and then unloading in melee range. Also, her non-mech pistol is so good you'll find yourself wanting to kill off the mech.

People who think D.Va is useless don't know how to play her or have played with people who don't know how to play her. In general, these people also need a nice, heaping bowl of git gud themselves.

But if you're looking for a tank tank, go with Zarya. She's a monster in the right hands. You need to know when to back off with her. Also, use her secondary as the primary and the primary as your backup.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The special mode where your character is random is awesome. Gives me a new appreciation for heroes I'd never otherwise use. Also leads to some crazy games because of the random team compositions.

MajorMane

This past weekend, I played a lot of D. Va. Previously, she was probably my least used tank.

I changed my approach for her, however, as she's not really a tank and more of a distraction, IMO. Fly in, cause some havoc and do some call outs, fly out and repeat. When you're out of your mech, do the best to get some damage in (her gun is surprisingly good, especially with headshot damage) and wait to get your mech back.

She's a lot better than I remember and can be really helpful on certain maps. My favorite is probably KOTH because that's where I have the best luck with her. In particular, on Ilios, I had the entire enemy team yelling at me because I would pop in at the Lighthouse, bonk them off, and then float away. Great time right there.

She does suffer from any sort of damage in her mech, I feel like. If you're close and you go for the head, you can deal damage, but if it's any offensive hero or any moderate damage hero you're going up against, you're going to have a bad time. I can only imagine what she'll be like in good hands after a buff.

It also makes me sad how good people are getting at avoiding her ult. (Plus, I'm really bad with it currently.)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This weekend i got D va and Winston legendaries skins... why.jpg

Also got 2 POTG with my girl <3 Pharah <3

D.Va should be played like a flanker and disruptor. She's not great for tanking. You have to be really, really aggressive. She can punch out turrets pretty easily by flying face first into one, popping Defense Matrix to get there, and then unloading in melee range. Also, her non-mech pistol is so good you'll find yourself wanting to kill off the mech.

People who think D.Va is useless don't know how to play her or have played with people who don't know how to play her. In general, these people also need a nice, heaping bowl of git gud themselves.

But if you're looking for a tank tank, go with Zarya. She's a monster in the right hands. You need to know when to back off with her. Also, use her secondary as the primary and the primary as your backup.

Worth noting that the primary MASSIVELY outdamages the secondary vs. single targets in range; if you're ever dealing with a lone enemy, or trying to tear somebody specific down really really fast, primary fire's the way to go.

The special mode where your character is random is awesome. Gives me a new appreciation for heroes I'd never otherwise use. Also leads to some crazy games because of the random team compositions.

Mystery hero should be a permanent playlist, tbh.

Sorral

A bad McCree is worthless for the whole team...double bad McCrees on the same team? Also a bad Genji? Oh and how about not switching for both rounds of KOTH? Sigh...

I swear this is starting to be worse than watching people drive. Just went against four Zarya, a Reinhardt and a Genji yet my team still lost.

Edit: Yeah, screw babysitting these randoms by being a healer/tank again.

ElyrionX

Doing badly trying to take point A on King's Row. I was playing Widow. Gold medal elims. Genius Reinhardt on my team thinks we need another Widow and switches to it. Of course we lose. I switched to Tracer after he switched to Widow though. Didn't really help. Maybe I should have taken a tank

Worth noting that the primary MASSIVELY outdamages the secondary vs. single targets in range; if you're ever dealing with a lone enemy, or trying to tear somebody specific down really really fast, primary fire's the way to go.

Yeah, for sure. I meant using the primary as a backup in the sense of like a Widowmaker changing to automatic when in range. If in range, burn them down. She's a monster in KOTH for this reason.

Most of the time spent with Zarya seems like it's getting to range, or putting some heat on a group trying to get to your point.

Tovarisc

Bad McCree should be impossible

I don't think any McCree should be able to FB + Fan == OHK any hero below tank tier. Blizz should nerf fanhammer so much that Cree's are required to reload / roll in order to kill any hero below tank tier, if said hero has full HP. Currently Cree player needs to be quite incompetent not to OHK players below tank tier with fanhammer.

It just does way too much DPS to anything. Even after the nerf it will be way to go over e.g. Reaper.

Nyx

People don't know what they have, untill they don't have it anymore.

I NEED A HEALER!!11!!

I was Lucio earlier in a game on Gibraltar without a tank, we couldn't get the payload moving so after some tries and no one else switching, I switched to Reinhardt hoping we could move it then to at least the first checkpoint.
Some Junkrat teammate then started spamming ''We need a healer''.....

Another teammember changed from Widowmaker to Reaper or something like that a bit after, then we lost.

Some games...

mbpm1

I don't think any McCree should be able to FB + Fan == OHK any hero below tank tier. Blizz should nerf fanhammer so much that Cree's are required to reload / roll in order to kill any hero below tank tier, if said hero has full HP. Currently Cree player needs to be quite incompetent not to OHK players below tank tier with fanhammer.

It just does way too much DPS to anything. Even after the nerf it will be way to go over e.g. Reaper.
Seems Blizzard wants McCree to melt non-tanks though so you're going to be stuck with it for the near future

I've just sat and read a bunch of the lore. I'm going to end up buying this tonight aren't I. Is there a uk/eu gaf community for it at least?

Not specifically uk/eu but never had any lag issues play with people for gaf anywhere in the world.
Also if you quote the first post you'll find a google doc with all the gaffers who play, what they play on and when they can play.

Had the most fun game as a Reinhart and got in a ton of one on one fights with the Reinhart on the other team. Teams would just leave us alone while we fought.

Finally got to find out what happens when two Reinharts charge into one another.

Played 5 hours last night on Xbox, and was wondering why I haven't heard a single word out of my mic. Then realized I muted the mic in the options and forgot about it. :&#8209;|

XenoRaven

Or keep the damage and put in on a CD like Lucio alt fire.

Had the most fun game as a Reinhart and got in a ton of one on one fights with the Reinhart on the other team. Teams would just leave us alone while we fought.

Finally got to find out what happens when two Reinharts charge into one another.

lol i saw that the other day when they charged each other. they were on nepal .those little touches blizzard do. love the animation on them

Tovarisc

Seems Blizzard wants McCree to melt non-tanks though so you're going to be stuck with it for the near future

I'm surprised if nerf will be significant enough to make Reaper viable tank destroyer over McCree. Currently if you want rek tanks you take McCree which is role that Reaper supposedly is intended to hold.

Hell, fanhammer can prevent Hog from gaining HP from self heal where Reaper's shotguns do shit.

That said McCree melts everything below tank tier for sure, OHK fanhammers for days.

Pachimari

I'm maining Genji right now, and this game feels so good! Already had some epic moments, especially one, where I were up against a Pharrah, who launched herself up into the air and throwing missiles down at me. And as the Genji I am, I jump around avoiding it all while I throw back shuryken at her - damn that was nice! Won my first match too.

What should my strategy be with Genji? Should I just be all offensive, run on walls, double jumping and throwing shurykens? And when I get the chance use his ultimate for close combat. I used his reflection with the sword at one who shot at me at close range, and he died by his own bullets.

The End

I was Lucio earlier in a game on Gibraltar without a tank, we couldn't get the payload moving so after some tries and no one else switching, I switched to Reinhardt hoping we could move it then to at least the first checkpoint.
Some Junkrat teammate then started spamming ''We need a healer''.....

Another teammember changed from Widowmaker to Reaper or something like that a bit after, then we lost.

Some games...

i could sweat that like, matchmaking knows this

i got a team of solid Rando Calrissians that formed up proper behind my 'Hardt and we took KotH on Nepal easy.

we get broken up and it's a bunch of ding dongs who think they're playing TDM

I've gotten five legendary skins so far, and last night I got the joy of my first legendary amount of money.

It's weird to me that the legendary money is only worth 500 when legendary skins are worth 1000 to buy. Like, I get that it defeats the purpose of getting a legendary skin if you get exactly 1000 so you can go out and buy whatever you want. But rare things are worth 250 to buy but you get 150 money from them in loot boxes and uncommon are worth 75 and you get 50 money from them. So that's 60% and 66% of the value of you get money directly from a loot box, respectively.

Just think the legendary money, since it's the most rare you could possible get, should at least be on par with the lower values and maybe even higher since it's so rare - get like 600-700 money instead of just 500.

phant0m

I think they should just make the reload/cooldown longer. Want to use it to melt someone? OK, but you shouldn't be able to do it every 3 seconds.

I'm 0-6 with Pharah. SHE NEEDS A BUFF.

Git gud. j/k. Her rockets are slow and don't do enough damage, especially compared to FTH or S.76's rifle.

TheFatMan

Same. For every one good Widowmaker I've seen 10 good Pharahs.

Pharrahs missile almost aim themselves. You can get within 15 yards and still two shot most attack characters.

Add in a rudimentary knowledge of her flying mechanic and the fact that most people never look up, and you can rack up some kills really fast.

I am trash with Pharah's ult. I either get blown the fuck out of the sky the moment I start, accidentally fire at a wall and kill myself or fail to kill anyone with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom