• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

This is going to sound super arrogant so I apologize in advance.

Mercy is fun but when I pick her it's basically a guaranteed loss because my team can rarely win if I'm not getting kills.

kromeo

Her Ultimate charges far too quickly, when I've played as her it seems to permanently be up, and assault rifle does too much damage, it should be a last resort weapon

Enemy team needs to know when a widow ult has been activated, also lower body shots damage and scoped fire rate.
You wanna play l33t sniper? Then learn to aim and make every shot count.

DrArchon

The worst ult in the game belongs to Tracer...easily

Yeah, no. Tracer's ult charges fast and can either get a quick kill, take out a turret/Bastion, or cripple a tank. Pharah's ult will most likely get you killed for using it and it's very easy to play around.

What else could Tracer's ult be? Unlimited blinks for a short time?

Something time-based, for sure. Could just be a massive buff to her base move/reload speed, + a rewind at the end of it, or if she ever takes lethal damage during it she auto-rewinds but loses the ult charge.

The worst ult in the game belongs to Tracer...easily

Absolutely not. If you're dashing in and placing it well, it can cause large amounts of havoc.

Plus it charges fast enough to offset any potential strength differentials between it and other ults.

A "landed" Tracer ult will guarantee at least a kill or two. You can't say that about all the ults, even the theoretically "offensive" ones.

Bittercup

Thanks, I'll take a look later. Battle. net seems to be blocked for me at work.
I quoted the full post from battle. net on the last page. But he doesn't really say much else.
The bigger patch will be later this month. This week it's just a minor balance patch so there might not be a lot more to it.

Nah, worst ult in the game is easily D.VAs. Slow, easy to avoid (crouching behind a fucking cardboard cutout on hollywood can block it) and super telegraphed.

nelchaar

Wife and I were queuing up last night.

Got put into a game on Rt. 66 as defense. Turns out 3 people on the defensive team had left. So and another Random joined the game.

When we joined the game, the payload was 5.33 meters away from game over. It even got to less than 1 meter away before we really got out into the fight.

Wife went Lucio, I went Bjorn, Random went Zarya.

We pushed that fucking payload all the way back to it's initial point.

I never actually died as Bjorn and has a 17 kill streak.

It felt really fucking good being thrown into a game that was basically a loss and somehow holding our own.

My gf and I play this game together too! Let's set up a couples group!

Apathy

I dont know why, but yesterday I played vs someone named seriousadult and it made me laugh for too long. All I could think about is like 3 kids in a trench coat trying to pretend they are an adult playing overwatch

nOoblet16

Enemy team needs to know when a widow ult has been activated, also lower body shots damage and scoped fire rate.
You wanna play l33t sniper? Then learn to aim and make every shot count.

She says "Personne n'échappe à mon regard" (French for "No one can hide from my sight")

It's audible from everywhere, just like Molten Core...although not as loud but enough.

Is it wrong for me to assume 90% of D. Va players are just playing her because she's their waifu?

I've played too many class based games where no one will go near the tanky class, yet I see people actively jump on D. Va. If Lucio didn't already exist I would suggest a Jpop star who heals people with music and then I'd never have to worry about playing support either.

I've ended up playing her so much because the sheer amount of Toblerone turrets on PS4 as well as a common lack of tank usage in the team lineup, as such she ended up as one of my better characters as a result.
Having a mech also helps, Hana Song herself just happens to be part of the package and I have to imagine she'd be annoying as all hell in reality.

Now Zenyatta, that's the bot I play for looks, such wonderful harmony.

Vitor711

Thank God for those incoming Mcree and Widow nerfs.

His fan the hammer should not murder a Zarya and Widow's charge shot should take twice as long to build up (2 seconds instead of 1). Screw her SMG which does roughly 80% of Soldier 76's assault rifle's damage.

Oh, and I think the enemy team should be notified when her ult is up in a more apparent way.

Basically, screw snipers - especially with those obscene headshot hitboxes.

ExVicis

So I ahve learned a decently placed Bastion and a Good Zarya who keeps throwing shields up on him can ruin the first point of King's Row. Pharah and Soldier's Rockets pretty much always hit a shield.

nOoblet16

It has actual uses against players with half a brain unlike D.Va's

D.Va's ult has actual use too i.e. area clearance.
Tracer's ult is so easily avoidable, she can't even throw far, has shit blast radius and can't kill tanks unless they are already hurt.

Some enemies have ways to get out even if they are stuck like Mei, Reaper, another Tracer and Zarya (the only tank vulnerable to her from full health actually has capability to use it to her own benefit)

Ketch

Anyone have beginner tips for Genji?

Land your shurikens.

You have to land shurikens to be good at genji. Spam them on supports from the flanks at medium range, try to get multiple people to look at you just by shurikens spamming, and then run away..... If they don't look at you kill the support and get out. That's the the trick with genji, don't go in until they're distracted.

When in close range you want to right click and melee, it comes out really fast.

Save reflect to buy time for cool downs and until after they've already committed to shooting you. Lots of people use reflect way too early, in a 1v1 you should try to tank the first one or two shots to bait them into thinking they're gonna kill you because then they're more likely to keep shooting at the reflect.

jotun?

Enemy team needs to know when a widow ult has been activated
I -think- she does have a line that she says to announce using it, but it's quiet compared to other characters' and isn't easily distinguished from her other chatter

Edit: supposedly it's "Personne n’échappe à mon regard"

Mareg

Question about future balance patch.

Did Blizz ever say how they plan to apply balance on consoles vs PC ?
I mean, I'm afraid they had go and make a stupid balance patch targeting console controls that would leave PC gameplay completely unbalanced.

Mmm. Yeah, Tracer's isn't so hot, but if you know what you're doing it's a free kill, which is more than I can say for Pharah's :p

It's not a free kill, though, unless you sticky a squishy character. Tanks and all that have to be followed up. I suggested before that a sticky should be a guaranteed kill. Area damage could be less than that.

Pharah just takes positioning and you can usually get at least one kill out of it.

What else could Tracer's ult be? Unlimited blinks for a short time?

She's already super single-target focused, so maybe make the bomb have a bigger radius with less damage? Maybe something that nulls barriers so you can follow up with shots? I'd even prefer a DoT skill.

Most ults currently are minor game changers. Even Hanzos, which most people know how to look out for and dodge, disrupts the entire match for that brief window while people GTFO. Even D.Va's, as bad as it is. Pharah, too, when you hear that "Justice..." start. But nothing about Tracer's ult is a game changer, even when you get a sticky double kill out of it.

She's still one of the best characters in the game.

Question about future balance patch.

Did Blizz ever say how they plan to apply balance on consoles vs PC ?
I mean, I'm afraid they had go and make a stupid balance patch targeting console controls that would leave PC gameplay completely unbalanced.

Supposedly, they're looking at the two separately.

And the more probable scenario would be the opposite of what you're suggesting. They're looking at balancing McCree and Widowmaker, both of whom are way, way better on PC than they are on consoles.

On console, I think Widowmaker is in a good spot. Dominating ones are few and far between. I totally recognize that it's not the case for PC, though. I've taken my fair share of AWPs to the dome.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

ExVicis

From Jeff Kaplan:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745045439?page=2#post-23

So minor balance patch probably this week.
And below he says it's for McCree and Widowmaker.
Despite my avatar suggestin otherwise, I think it's about time. McCree dropped me single handely 4 to 6 times yesterday as Reinhardt and that's ridiculous while Widowmaker completely shutdown 4 games the other day just by spamming sniper shots.

He has not yet experienced tranquility
He does here.

150a0eb7522447c7b0dec63b6423f091.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im ok with these nerfs but what it really sours my experience of the gmae (Which i friggin love) is Bastion's cannon and Torbjörn turrets.
With those nerfs i would be in heaven.

JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE !! >8(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom