• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Hope the widow nerf is a good one, playing games earlier against a widow who couldn't hit a barn door was so refreshing. You could actually have fun and stick your head out without it getting instantly blown off.

ExVicis

I love hooking Reapers with a Q, Still can one shot them right when they try to get it off :D
Idk man, usually I survive, make it into smoke firm, weave around into a position as I come out of it and then just let the bodies hit the floor.

I very rarely see a Roadhog kill a Reaper nowadays.

Hex

Banned
Those are great tips, but...

hanzo-gameplay.jpg

Ack my bad

arimanius

Idk man, usually I survive, make it into smoke firm, weave around into a position as I come out of it and then just let the bodies hit the floor.

I very rarely see a Roadhog kill a Reaper nowadays.

I don't have much trouble with Reapers. Now tracers always blink after I hook them.

Zomba13

Got the Huntress legendary skin for Widowmaker, probably my favourite of her legendaries (tied with Noire because that is some cyberpunk shit). I'm 160ish coins away from 1000 gold and getting another legendary though. Coin hype.

Hex

Banned
Try getting one as Lucio. Good luck with that. Unless you kill 3+ people at once using your alt fire near a cliff, I don't see how when you have to fight against people using their Qs or stronger weapons.

I got my third ever as Mei last night, and I put ALOT of time into Mei

MUnited83

For you.
Try getting one as Lucio. Good luck with that. Unless you kill 3+ people at once using your alt fire near a cliff, I don't see how when you have to fight against people using their Qs or stronger weapons.

90% of the time i do a double cliff kill with Lucio( everytime i play with Lucio in such maps), I get the POTG

Winston <3

untrained Pharah. some people would panic and fly away.. like... they didn't know winston can fly up there too.i jump and shock them and they just let go and drop and i finish them off. it's also fun when a half health pharah decides to ult and i go up behind them lol.
Yup. Pharah, Mercy, Zen, Widow, Hanzo, Genji... It's so fun hunting them down as Winston. Most of the time they panic and jump around and try to escape and it's extremely hard to get away from a Winston once he's zero'd in on you. He just destroys the low health Heroes in the game.

Mupod

I like mystery heroes in theory but it usually just makes me frustrated. Yeah thanks for giving us 3 Mercys. Meanwhile whichever team rolls a Bastion or Pharah when the other side has no counters, wins.

Still more interesting than the other weekly brawls they've had, hoping for something actually cool this time.

Yup. Pharah, Mercy, Zen, Widow, Hanzo, Genji... It's so fun hunting them down as Winston. Most of the time they panic and jump around and try to escape and it's extremely hard to get away from a Winston once he's zero'd in on you. He just destroys the low health Heroes in the game.

That's funny cause I love hunting down winston. And then to top it off, Tracer goes "sorry old pal" or something sorta often when I kill a winston lol.

I like mystery heroes in theory but it usually just makes me frustrated. Yeah thanks for giving us 3 Mercys. Meanwhile whichever team rolls a Bastion or Pharah when the other side has no counters, wins.

Still more interesting than the other weekly brawls they've had, hoping for something actually cool this time.

Over lunch, we retook a point with Lucio, Zenyatta and Mercy (me, with pistol.) I figured any of us would go down so quick that it didn't make much sense to be a healbot. They had a mixed team of about 5 on the point. Roadhog, Junkrat included.

It made for a really intense capture. Mercy's pistol is so good. Aim while jumping wrecks people.

wow, there are people that like that brawl?

It can get annoying when I'm in a pubby by myself, but with friends its a blast. Not for everyone though...I played a game where someone on the mic said "god damnit I just died as my main I'm gonna die quick to cycle back to him"...

And he wasn't kidding...We lost that game if you're wondering

maouvin

It can get annoying when I'm in a pubby by myself, but with friends its a blast. Not for everyone though...I played a game where someone on the mic said "god damnit I just died as my main I'm gonna die quick to cycle back to him"...

And he wasn't kidding...We lost that game if you're wondering

Ok, I can see people hating on mystery heroes if they run into these kind of teammates. But people shouldn't take Brawl seriously at all anyway.

RMI

Banned

we had 3 mercy yesterday on king of the hill and it was hilarious defending the point with them. I did my ultimate twice :p

I agree though it sucks when the defending team rolls two bastions and a torbjorn or something.

That's funny cause I love hunting down winston. And then to top it off, Tracer goes "sorry old pal" or something sorta often when I kill a winston lol.
Yeah as Winston I try not to dance with Tracer as they're incredibly similar heroes. I always feel I have a 50/50 chance of killing her but even if I do she's probably distracted me from distracting her team. I don't see how a Tracer could actively hunt down a Winston, though. Tracer's fast, but like every other character she can't match Winston's horizontal and vertical mobility. He can disengage just as easily from a fight gone sour as she can, and often in a way she won't be able to follow. Roadhogs, McCrees (naturally) and Bastions are actually the heroes that give me the most grief as Winston.

FoxSpirit

Well, got the game, and 720p and medium settings my trusty old HD6850 is actually pulling 100fps. Still, time for an upgrade.

Dr. Buni

Is there a way to lock the framerate at 60fps? In the configs it is set to match my monitor's refresh rate, but it keeps showing 70~80fps on the top of the screen. I'd like to not pointlessly stress my computer so locking it at 60fps would be the ideal.

Also completely unrelated but got Zarya and Winston POTGs today, as someone who loves playing tanks the most, this pleases me.

Edzi

There are a couple levels in the game which I feel are a bit broken. One is an asian themed level (I think it was hanamura?) and the other was a more middle eastern sand level, and both feature a chokepoint early on where the entire team has to go through a big door/archway which becomes laughably hard when the other team sets up defenses there. Unless I'm missing some alternate paths around, they seem really poorly designed.

Dr. Buni

There are a couple levels in the game which I feel are a bit broken. One is an asian themed level (I think it was hanamura?) and the other was a more middle eastern sand level, and both feature a chokepoint early on where the entire team has to go through a big door/archway which becomes laughably hard when the other team sets up defenses there. Unless I'm missing some alternate paths around, they seem really poorly designed.
A Reinhardt can tank the turrets and snipers for his team to destroy the defenses, you can also send a Tracer to blink through the defenses and go directly to the objective, which will either cause them to lose the objective or split up, softening the defenses (unless they have defenses there too, but in that case the gate will not be as protected).

In Hanamura it is even easier since Genji/Pharah can go through that window near the huge gate and take the left path to distract the opponents, while a Reinhardt can yolo dash directly to the objective to draw attention.

Honestly the points B in both maps are far more hellish than the points A, especially on Hanamora. I hate being on offense in Hanamura -_-

MajorMane

Hanamura and Temple of Anubis both have very difficult chokepoints for the Attack team to get through (nearly impossible with a good Defense team.) I would not be upset if they received a slight rework.

Hanamura A isn't that hard to take, I don't think. Attackers spawn much closer to the point than defenders, and a single orchestrated push by the attacking team can seal the deal. It's Hanamura B (and Anubis B) that seems to give everyone the most problems. The game suddenly shifts to revolving around turret offense/defense regardless of what happened in the first half of the match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just ran into a team of 6 Mei's

Our team switched to mainly Pharah. Delicious Mei death.

you arent supposed to counter pick, youre supposed to get rolled over and then cry about it on the internet

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A Reinhardt can tank the turrets and snipers for his team to destroy the defenses, you can also send a Tracer to blink through the defenses and go directly to the objective, which will either cause them to lose the objective or split up, softening the defenses (unless they have defenses there too, but in that case the gate will not be as protected).

In Hanamura it is even easier since Genji/Pharah can go through that window near the huge gate and take the left path to distract the opponents, while a Reinhardt can yolo dash directly to the objective to draw attention.

Honestly the points B in both maps are far more hellish than the points A, especially on Hanamora. I hate being on offense in Hanamura -_-

Everyone should expect a Pharah through that window, though. Both maps are pretty terrible for the offense, and I find both A & B difficult to capture. Problem with Rein's shields is that they can't withstand turret fire for very long. They can't withstand it at all if the torb has his super up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom