• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

There's a lot of things they could do with Widow so I wonder what it's going to be. Longer charge time, longer wait between shots regardless of charge, more recoil when firing, fewer shots in a given clip, etc.

Probably not ALL of those, but there are multiple areas to tune from.

CkspSf3WEAAvXv_.jpg:large

I'd really be interested to see the stats on how many teams win on attack vs defense. I feel like my 50% win rate is basically because I always win in defense and lose on attack. Especially on attacking/defending point A and point B. Seems those maps heavily favor the defense, so I'd be interested to see overall stats in comparison and whether or not it's just confirmation bias on my part.

Pachimari

Land your shurikens.

You have to land shurikens to be good at genji. Spam them on supports from the flanks at medium range, try to get multiple people to look at you just by shurikens spamming, and then run away..... If they don't look at you kill the support and get out. That's the the trick with genji, don't go in until they're distracted.

When in close range you want to right click and melee, it comes out really fast.

Save reflect to buy time for cool downs and until after they've already committed to shooting you. Lots of people use reflect way too early, in a 1v1 you should try to tank the first one or two shots to bait them into thinking they're gonna kill you because then they're more likely to keep shooting at the reflect.

Thanks, I'm gonna try apply this to my playstyle.

It would not be so bad if the missle travel time was faster.
But yeah, you are hung up there for all the world to see whle your missles trickle down giving people plenty of time to run about and others to skull fuck your eye socket with their weapon of choice from across the zone.

Don't try to make perfect shots, make smart shots and keep moving.
He has a generous aim assist (imo).
Use his mobility to find good vantage points for shooting. Spam sonic arrow regularly.

Jump a lot.

Watch Seagull play Genji, realize you'll never be that good, and then switch characters.

Also thanks for this!

I'm gonna practice with Genji exclusively this week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
:O

Honestly, the Reaper ones get under my skin more.

I got one yesterday with Symmetra. Now that's a rarity.

Try getting one as Lucio. Good luck with that. Unless you kill 3+ people at once using your alt fire near a cliff, I don't see how when you have to fight against people using their Qs or stronger weapons.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My bets are are addressing fire rate to prevent body shot double taps. I think this makes more sense than charge speed, but they can do any of the 8 possible nerfs to her and all would help to some degree.

Apparently with the competitive scene, attack is much more likely to win than defense.

Huh. Interesting. I'm guessing maybe it's because it's easier to organize a team competitively for making pushes and scouting out the defensive points, versus public games where defending is sort of brain dead in that if you find the right spots for turrets/sniper coverage and the attacking team always trickles in it makes it pretty simple to succeed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like, if you're on attack, just rush like hell the second you've capture the first objective. They don't have time to setup and it usually generates an easy stomp.

Also god, got so pissed at the matches I get today. How the hell does Mei get gold in both elim and obj elim? We'll never know.

Try getting one as Lucio. Good luck with that. Unless you kill 3+ people at once using your alt fire near a cliff, I don't see how when you have to fight against people using their Qs or stronger weapons.

It's always disheartening if you get a triple kill or something as a character who has a hard time doing stuff, and then it's a Reaper or McMeme getting it for pressing Q. ;-;

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Like, if you're on attack, just rush like hell the second you've capture the first objective. They don't have time to setup and it usually generates an easy stomp

This has worked for me about 75% of the time on attack in anubis. All you really need is a mei to block of the respawners from reaching the point. A lucio for the speed and some kind of area clesr like a junkrat ult.

cHinzo

You know those lame Bastion/McCree play of the games that everyone complains about here?

i just got one :^)
My last Bastion highlight consist of me sitting in front of a door holding down left mouse button while 3 people walked in and got sprayed down. Didn't even move my mouse. It was so lame. :'D

Blues1990

Like, if you're on attack, just rush like hell the second you've capture the first objective. They don't have time to setup and it usually generates an easy stomp.

Also god, got so pissed at the matches I get today. How the hell does Mei get gold in both elim and obj elim? We'll never know.

'Cause she's mean and fat. :p

arimanius

I actually have quite a few of those, if you get your weapon charge up you can drop some a couple of guys easy. add to that maybe a sentry turret kill and you can get some solid Plays.

Should have been Reaper with a Q ready.

I love hooking Reapers with a Q, Still can one shot them right when they try to get it off :D

I got my second legendary yesterday. Its Pharahs Mechaqueen. Which is great because not only is it a cool skin shes one of my most play characters.

nelchaar

I'd really be interested to see the stats on how many teams win on attack vs defense. I feel like my 50% win rate is basically because I always win in defense and lose on attack. Especially on attacking/defending point A and point B. Seems those maps heavily favor the defense, so I'd be interested to see overall stats in comparison and whether or not it's just confirmation bias on my part.

Very interested in this as well. I think the game heavily favors defense, and mostly due to the fact that pubs generally lack coordination in attack.

abundant

This has worked for me about 75% of the time on attack in anubis. All you really need is a mei to block of the respawners from reaching the point. A lucio for the speed and some kind of area clesr like a junkrat ult.

The majority of my wins as Attack on Anubis has been with this rushing strategy as well. Strangely, it rarely works with the other two Capture Point maps.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey, I do this often even when playing with friends. Just means you're playing her
in an evil fashion
correctly.

Like, you'd think that the assortment of assault heroes on your team should be able to kill better right?

It's not so great when it's you trying to move the bloody payload but everyone else is dying too quickly for whatever reason.

Also had one goddamn attack anubis match where this guy just won't hop off attack torb for whatever reason. We took the first point through some unholy miracle but for the second point all he did was build the turret on the front entrance which kept getting destroyed because of course it would be. Thank god the server crashed because I would hate eating an L just due to that.

On a brighter note, saw one of those teams on the opposing side that uses the meme two widow two reaper set, which worked for awhile, but then I just switched to rein, made sure someone was on my flank to catch those reapers, and made it into an easy stomp.

Jarate

Banned
one of the reasons why I love playing Torb so much, is that you're so short, it gives you the perfect angle to look at booty

NimbusD

It's always disheartening if you get a triple kill or something as a character who has a hard time doing stuff, and then it's a Reaper or McMeme getting it for pressing Q. ;-;
Prevented the other team from winning I. Overtime the other day by si gle handedly eliminating half the team as fucking Zenyatta w no backup. I'll give you three guesses who got potg.

It's not even like the game doesn't recognize these moments as important. If you go to highlights after playing g a few games, your potg worthy moments are usually listed there. It's just up to blizzard to reorder what's important by maybe taking some importance off of easy plays that just happened to kill a lot of people, which is why we understand up w the same potgs over and over.

z3phon

So the people playing on the PS4 how is it playing with randoms?
I already got the game on PC but considering to double dip to play with a friend. Having played the beta on the PS4 the players seemed to be a lot worse in coordinating and working as a team.

abundant

I already got the game on PC but considering to double dip to play with a friend. Having played the beta on the PS4 the players seemed to be a lot worse in coordinating and working as a team.

Playing with randoms on PS4 will make you want to rage quit most of the times.

Mutombo

It's always great winning on 'attack', because I agree; it's way easier to defend. You can defend without co-ordinating, but attacking requires a bit more smart selection of roles and playing together. Playing with randoms, that becomes quite random, literally.

Had a fun game where I pinned down enemies at the choke point with my brother, with two symmetras. They were simply unable to get into the choke point. When our roles reversed and we were on the attack side, we both chose Winston, and the rest of the team decided to do so as well (apart from one Lucio and maybe a Widowmaker).

The other team had decided to go with six symmetras. Which is fun, because Winston simply kills her turrets with ease. We fucking steamrolled over them.

Fun game, that was.

Razzorn34

It all depends on your level of tolerance. I'm fine playing pickup games with randoms, but I know what I'm getting into. Some people here will tell you to play with nothing but friends. You gotta make that call.

R0ckman

How effective is routinely luring the enemy team into the point during that last 30 second rush on getting the payload missions? At the beggining of a Kings Row game I told my team that even if we stomp them the whole match to be cautious on the 30 second countdown where they all lose it and rush the point. We basically were all spread out so when they rushed and ulted we were all seperated, our mei tossed out her ult on the point froze tem and I finished them with high noon, it was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom