• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
Just ran into a team of 6 Mei's

Our team switched to mainly Pharah. Delicious Mei death.

Went against a group of 4 Tracers and two Widows last night.
It did not go like I assume that they thought it would.
Mildly irritating for the first minute but after they they were swatted.

Hanamura A isn't that hard to take, I don't think. Attackers spawn much closer to the point than defenders, and a single orchestrated push by the attacking team can seal the deal. It's Hanamura B (and Anubis B) that seems to give everyone the most problems. The game suddenly shifts to revolving around turret offense/defense regardless of what happened in the first half of the match.

Anubis, Volskaya, and Hanamura point A all suffer from funneling offense through a single chokepoint until they break through, at which point the objective area is so wide open that it's incredibly difficult for defense to hold it. Volskaya at the very least has an alternate route for mobile classes, but still revolves around one chokepoint for everyone else.

ISOM

I think Widowmaker should get a nerf where her weapon has sway. I think she is too impactful right now especially if she's played by someone who is good.

Dr. Buni

Everyone should expect a Pharah through that window, though. Both maps are pretty terrible for the offense, and I find both A & B difficult to capture. Problem with Rein's shields is that they can't withstand turret fire for very long. They can't withstand it at all if the torb has his super up.
It requires some coordination, of course, but if the Pharah flies through there (or even Genji) while the rest of the team pushes through the gate, it usually works. The point B is bullshit though, like the usual turret counters can't do much there, except for D.Va's ultimate maybe, but even then I think a Molten Core'd Torbjorn's turret can tank it?

That being said, as hard as it is to capture those points, I am glad they exist. The game already favors offense, so throwing a bone to defense at times can't be a bad thing.

First game of the day. Defend Gibraltar. Played as Winston. RIP other team. they weren't ready for the big guy. they had Mccree, Rein, Lucio, Tracer, Genji, and i think Widow and Winston.

Our team was Winston (me), Zenyatta, Bastion, Hanzo and 2 others.

was kicking butt at the beginning so much i let the payload reach the first checkpoint lol. after that i focused on defending it. took my time. didn't want to jump in and die. was just killing time and spreading them out. they managed to get the second but got stuck half way to the next.

first game was a success. now afraid to play another one to just keep losing. lol

Dr. Buni

I got two legendaries on a box once, sadly one of them was a D.Va skin (B.Va) and I don't really play her much.
Her kit is fun but I find the character kinda cringey

On the subject, for a couple characters I like epic skins more than legendaries ._.
Eh Woodbot is one of the lesser Bastion skins, but I actually enjoy that Roadhog one.
Woodbot is my favorite Bastion skin :c

ExVicis

I got two legendaries on a box once, sadly one of them was a D.Va skin (B.Va) and I don't really play her much.
Her kit is fun but I find the character kinda cringey

On the subject, for a couple characters I like epic skins more than legendaries ._.

Woodbot is my favorite Bastion skin :c

Eh I prefer Gearbot or Antique.

We haven't patched content or balance because we are trying to have a stable launch window, with as few variables as possible.

With that said, new content is coming at the end of June -- Competitive Play mode. We should also have a minor balance patch (hopefully) this week.

As those who were in the beta can attest to, we patched quite frequently and liberally during beta. Now that the game is live, we want to be careful to not overly disrupt the game balance too frequently.

In general, you can expect content patches, balance patches and minor bug fix patches to happen regularly now that we're clearing the launch window. But don't expect balance to change each week... we don't feel like that would be healthy for the game.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745045439?page=2#post-23

Later he clarifies that widowmaker and mccree are part of the minor balance patch.

Sayad

Question about game sharing on PS4, I bought the digital version of Overwatch but I don't play it from the account I bought it on, from what I understand, if I give the account I bought the with to someone, he can play it on his PS4 but only from that account. My question is, can we both play at the same time?

Kito

Teleported 25 players in a solo queue game as Symmetra on Lijiang Tower, thanks to the most intense never ending overtime. My previous record was 15 or something, so I unlocked the 'Huge Success' badge. Feels good.

joined in a game in progress. no healer. half way through defending route 66.
came in like a wrecking ball with Winston. totally stalled time. they had 2 reapers. why they so easy to take out winston.

edit: We won anyways.

I would really like to urge Blizzard to implement cross platform stats and achievements between Xbox One and PC for people who bought the game on both platforms. Especially with all the focus that Microsoft is putting on cross-platform and sharing. Blizzard doesn't need to implement PC to Xbox or PC to PS4 gameplay, just stat and achievement sharing.

darklin0

Banned
Just Zenyatta, Mercy's not nearly as bad as him.

What survivability does Mercy need?

She comes with an auto-escape button and a self-heal.

Mercy has great mobility, she's good.

image.php

Like putting a hot knife to butter.

Kito

Is there a way to cancel Guardian Angel?

Edit: To clarify, when you activate Mercy's fly-to-a-teammate ability, can you cancel it halfway through?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Question about game sharing on PS4, I bought the digital version of Overwatch but I don't play it from the account I bought it on, from what I understand, if I give the account I bought the with to someone, he can play it on his PS4 but only from that account. My question is, can we both play at the same?
Yup.

saw him play during the gosugamer stream. without a pocket mercy and really good people. he's okay ;P

first loss of the day defending anubis. with 44 seconds left they had a good push.

Xeteh

Teleported 25 players in a solo queue game as Symmetra on Lijiang Tower, thanks to the most intense never ending overtime. My previous record was 15 or something, so I unlocked the 'Huge Success' badge. Feels good.

I got 19 once on her. I still don't have that spray.

DAE SEAGULL AND POCKET HEALER LOL?!

Get over it, he wrecks without the healer but everyone has to bring it up every single time like its something that actually matters.

Gsnap

Well. I've only been able to play a few hours so far. I like it. It's hard with randoms, as is expected. But it's really fun. I'm glad these types of variety shooters are becoming more popular. Zenyatta probably my favorite character, despite him not being as good as I'd like. Really, I think he only needs one more utility to allow him to survive a little but more. More health, maybe. More mobility, maybe. A self-heal, maybe. Not something big, just something. But I like his buff-debuff style.

Get over it, he wrecks without the healer but everyone has to bring it up every single time like its something that actually matters.

He's still good solo but the IV allows him to be bolder and get away with more

Dr. Buni

Is he a relative of yours or something? Or are you just an obnoxious salty fanboy?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow lame, got the orange glow from the loot box and expected a cool skin, but got 500 coins instead. -_-

Sometimes I pull a legendary skin and go "you know I think I'd rather have the 500 coins".

Xeteh

He's still good solo but the IV allows him to be bolder and get away with more

Sure but someone needs to bring up the point every single time. Anyone who watches knows he has a healer.

Is he a relative of yours or something? Or are you just an obnoxious salty fanboy?

Nah, someone annoyed by stupid comments like this one. Considering you flip out anytime someone says a word about Symmetra, you're one to talk.

Apathy

I want leaver penalty to be massively massively massively increased, specially if you are in a group and leave together. There should be no leniency on fucking over a bunch of other people. -75% isn't good enough, it should be -90% and it should be 1 drop for every 50 games before it kicks in, cause this is ridiculous how often people leave or how many times I have to get put into some shitty already lost cause game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom