• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
I don't understand the widowmaker hate. Do people not know that Winston exists? His dome shield nullifies her.

People tried to convince me you die as Winston if you go after Widow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The hate comes from the fact that a good Widow will destroy teams due to how strong she is, she really does need a nerf. Unlike most, I believe a longer charge up time is the best solution. This will keep her strong but not useless. Most people want her to be nerfed out of existence.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Depends on how well their team is coordinating. A single Winston will have trouble against widows coordinating with healers and dps.

Edzi

It's pretty cool.

Oddly enough though, my favorite Pharah skin is still the purple recolor of the standard armor. So ballin

That's what I'm currently using, though my options are limited since I haven't gotten a single alternate skin yet for anyone.

Klyka

Banned
Widowmaker dictates the game.
That means she is too strong.
A single hero should not dictate how the game is played.

Like, I have MAYBE 30min played as Widowmaker and during that time, while I missed a HELL of a lot of shots the usual aimbot Widowmakers would have made blindfolded, I STILL managed to have such a huge impact on the game that I stopped attacks or broke up defenses "just" cause I was shooting some guy for more than half his health (or even instakilled him)

Nioret

The hate comes from the fact that a good Widow will destroy teams due to how strong she is, she really does need a nerf. Unlike most, I believe a longer charge up time is the best solution. This will keep her strong but not useless. Most people want her to be nerfed out of existence.

A good widowmaker will always beat an uncoordinated team, but will never get a foothold against a coordinated one. It's a good mark of solidarity.

I agree to a slight nerf, perhaps having her sniper shots take 4 ammo instead of the current 3. only 7 shots per clip.

Veggy

A single hero should not dictate how the game is played.

291px-Lucio-portrait.png

Please blizzard let Lucio soundblast oncoming attacks. I keep trying to blast away junkrats bomb lol
Amd how come I can't soundblast the tire?

Apathy

Reapers holding their ult because they think they'll get the perfect 6 person kill and refuse to use it otherwise, so fucking annoying. had a guy from near the start of the round say he has his ult, never used it once. and at any point could have helped us capture or at least cleared the point.

Please blizzard let Lucio soundblast oncoming attacks. I keep trying to blast away junkrats bomb lol
Amd how come I can't soundblast the tire?

You can

So about linking your Battle.net account on XBL. I'm hoping that if I happen to get the game on PC later on will I keep my level and loot from Xbox? Or is this a feature for some other reason than backing up your profile.

I always wondered why would an Egyptian lady have a native American skin. That makes no sense.

The same reason why the Nepalese robot monk has a skin that turns him into an Egyptian god, the obese Australian junker has one that turns him into a Maori warrior, the Brazilian musician has an ice hockey skin, and the Swedish weapons engineer has a pirate and a biker skin. It's cool.

Jarate

Banned
I used my reaper ult on a widowmaker, who turned around, scoped and headshot me. This was on console

She's just way too good with a player who's good.Her ult charges super fast, her escape option is one of the best in the games, she has a mine that's able to deal some annoying damage with no skill, her machine gun is actually very good. She just has the tools to be good at basically any situation.

luckily she should be easy to balance, give her some recoil when youre shooting at her so she cant spam headshots after getting shot by machine guns, make it so her scope doesnt go nearly as fast too charge up.

also, Zenyatta really needs a health boost to like 175. a character with literally no escape options shouldnt have that little health. Also, as a Torb main, there should really be a bigger cooldown for torn sentries, and maybe make it so his molten core isnt so tedious to be up against

Also, am I the only person who hopes Sombra is a tank sniper. would make the game really interesting if a tank class was ab'e to shoot at range and only at range. If he was effective at that, it would be produce some itneresting tech like I could see mei being used a lot more then

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The same reason why the Nepalese robot monk has a skin that turns him into an Egyptian god, the obese Australian junker has one that turns him into a Maori warrior, the Brazilian musician has an ice hockey skin, and the Swedish weapons engineer has a pirate and a biker skin. It's cool.

Before I read the lore I just assumed Lucio was Canadian because of the hockey skin. :lol

It's fascinating how that Pharmacy skin triggers so many people while they don't see the rest of the examples you cited.

Also, am I the only person who hopes Sombra is a tank sniper. would make the game really interesting if a tank class was ab'e to shoot at range and only at range. If he was effective at that, it would be produce some itneresting tech like I could see mei being used a lot more then

Sombra is not very likely to be a tank, since she (
and it's confirmed to be a woman btw
) was in the Support section when they accidentally (or on purpose, we'll never know) leaked her in that Gamespot documentary.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend quit the game today, so it's going to be a lot less fun for me as a result. Basically he'd had enough of getting Widow'd and McCree'd, can't really blame him, the game can be very frustrating without a full team and dying to hard CC is infuriating. I'll try to get him to come back after the first patch :(

You can, you'll just die 0.5 seconds later

The last thing Lucio needs is a buff.

Reapers holding their ult because they think they'll get the perfect 6 person kill and refuse to use it otherwise, so fucking annoying. had a guy from near the start of the round say he has his ult, never used it once. and at any point could have helped us capture or at least cleared the point.

You can

Tire is easy to take out already.
weird. guess i just missed. i was trying to blast it off the edge since he didn't see me when he hit the corner.

vareon

I really want to be able to play as Winston but I don't know how. Everytime I jumped into Widow he only does peanut damage before either Widow ran away or killed him. Jumping to distrupt an enemy formation resulted in him getting ganged with nobody helping. Even I can't properly use his Ultimate :<

Before I read the lore I just assumed Lucio was Canadian because of the hockey skin. :lol
To be fair there is absolutely nothing about Lucio that suggests he is Brazilian outside of his name and bio. His mannerisms, his speech and his slang (in particular) made me initially think he was some urban black American dude. He's probably the only hero in the game that's depicted at odds with who the lore says he is.

Apathy

weird. guess i just missed. i was trying to blast it off the edge since he didn't see me when he hit the corner.

Unless i;m going for a specific target with the wheel that is more important (hint, there rarely is anyone more valuable than a healer to kill), i'm going to explode that tire on you. if you try to get close to boop it, it makes my life easier

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I remember having fun with this game. It was cool :(

Apathy

Frankly it would be better and fit more if her were canadian. Then maybe blizzard would recognize canada.

Oh also it would make sense since Lucio has a skin that is an homage to deadmau5 who happens to be canadian

Veggy

I really want to be able to play as Winston but I don't know how. Everytime I jumped into Widow he only does peanut damage before either Widow ran away or killed him. Jumping to distrupt an enemy formation resulted in him getting ganged with nobody helping. Even I can't properly use his Ultimate :<

If you got her to run away and not be in position to snipe your team, then you did your job, don't stick around and leap back to your team. You can kill her quite easily by playing around with the shield if she decides to fight you for whatever stupid reason

Winston is best picked as a counter if they have snipers/Tracer/Genji/Symmetra

His ultimate has many uses, my favourite is punching a Zenyatta that ulted away from his team

To be fair there is absolutely nothing about Lucio that suggests he is Brazilian outside of his name and bio. His mannerisms, his speech and his slang (in particular) made me initially think he was some urban black American dude. He's probably the only hero in the game that's depicted at odds with who the lore says he is.

They didn't even give him a Brazilian Portuguese shout out for his ult.

I think we know how it is at Bliz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom