• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what the purple orb and cloud effect already does though

I have a hard time seeing the purple orb thanks to my partial colour blindness. It's virtually invisible to me on characters with blue or purple clothes/armour, of which there are plenty. It's also way too subtle. Everything else is pointed out by icons or loud noises. Including incoming ults. Why is it such a big deal to do it with the Discord orb?

The game has been nothing but frustration the past 3 days. Constant losing streaks, I just can't carry. Constant shit talkers. Team comps composed entirely of Widowmaker/MCree/Roadhog.

This game lost fun factor fast.

Poetaster

Banned
Console community on this game just gets worse and worse. I swear I'm playing with a bunch of Ralph Wiggums from the Simpsons.
You're right, and it just gets stupider every day. Thanks Symmetra for placing your teleport far behind the payload that's very near to the last checkpoint, while we're on defense. Thanks a lot you two snipers for doing jack shit about these turrets, while my stupid teamates just run into them like a meatgrinder. Molten core! Molten core! Molten core!

redhot_

You're right, and it just gets stupider every day. Thanks Symmetra for placing your teleport far behind the payload that's very near to the last checkpoint, while we're on defense. Thanks a lot you two snipers for doing jack shit about these turrets, while my stupid teamates just run into them like a meatgrinder. Molten core! Molten core! Molten core!

Lol the struggle.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my first legendary outside of the Origin skins, then proceeded to win all the games I played with him.

Qzglkrv.jpg

I also realized that my TV has a "game mode" that I think reduces input lag. My aim has improved markedly since I turned it on. Guess I've been unwittingly hampering myself for the past 5 years lol.

I ended up playing a 12 Mercy match yesterday. Heroes never died.

It did make me wonder something though. Does Mercy's attack boost stack with ones from other Mercies?

ncslamm

-Hit quick play
-Join Game
-DEFEAT

Really?

I've had this happen a few times in the past couple of days. It's incredibly frustrating. I wish blizzard would implement what Treyarch did with Black Ops 3. If you join a game in progress and lose, it doesn't count against you but if you win you still get the win.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have a hard time seeing the purple orb thanks to my partial colour blindness. It's virtually invisible to me on characters with blue or purple clothes/armour, of which there are plenty. It's also way too subtle. Everything else is pointed out by icons or loud noises. Including incoming ults. Why is it such a big deal to do it with the Discord orb?
Aint there like 4 color blind options in the setting?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh god what i wouldn't give for a stronger icicle and nerfed widow.

I mean good widows would still murder me but right now i have a lot of fun just harassing widows and pharrahs with icicles.

I really should have done more research before buying this game and now that I am looking into it I am kind of getting conflicting information from google search results. I just bought the game last night on a whim after watching some videos but because I am in a situation where most of my month is spent on a work site with a constant, but very slow internet connection so on those weeks I will not be able to play against other players but want to play to get better with and try all the heroes.

Can I play exclusively against and with bots in this game? I am at the work site at the moment and am not be able to download it and check myself.

Everything seems to say no offline modes, but is there a bots only mode when you are online?

I really should have done more research before buying this game and now that I am looking into it I am kind of getting conflicting information from google search results. I just bought the game last night on a whim after watching some videos but because I am in a situation where most of my month is spent on a work site with a constant, but very slow internet connection so on those weeks I will not be able to play against other players but want to play to get better with and try all the heroes.

Can I play exclusively against and with bots in this game? I am at the work site at the moment and am not be able to download it and check myself.

Everything seems to say no offline modes, but is there a bots only mode when you are online?

There is a play vs AI mode online if you want to practice. Or you can make an online custom game vs just bots.

Flintty

I had a dream last night that I was fighting an Overwatch fight in real life as Reinhardt. Too. Much. Overwatch.

Also, back in the real game world, I got a dupe of McCree's 'Dick Tracy' skin and now have over 1200 coins. Oh what to buy!

I am the bone of my rocket launcher
Jet fuel is my body and Widowmaker bait is my blood
I have created over a thousand rockets
Unknown to victory
Nor known to positive KDR
Have withstood pain to create many rockets
Yet those attacks will not last against D.Va
So as I pray
Unlimited Rocket Works

I was writing a stealth edit right when you posted because I left out an important detail:
Is the bots AI all done client-side? I doubt I could play even against bots if the AI is all server-side.

Probably all server sided. I don't think the game has much that is client sided. No clue though.

Antiwhippy

I am the bone of my rocket launcher
Jet fuel is my body and Widowmaker bait is my blood
I have created over a thousand rockets
Unknown to victory
Nor known to positive KDR
Have withstood pain to create many rockets
Yet those attacks will not last against D.Va
So as I pray
Unlimited Rocket Wo- ughhhhh

Kain

I tried D Va yesterday for the first time. FUN. Like, she's SUPER fun, OMG.

My main is Zenyatta (pls give him more movement options :S), but I'm liking her a lot.

I was in a place with unstable internet for a bit, and the game would even routinely boot me out of the training mode. I fear if they can't even trust you with the training area without bots, all signs point towards an online-only game.

Ferga

I think i'm getting the hang of this now that I've found my mains and remember most of the map layouts.

Man, I hate that little time frame of playing a new game and having no idea where you're going in the map.

ISOM

I think the most fun single moments are headshotting Widowmakers from a super far distance with Hanzo. Since you can't even tell if you're aiming at their head while Widowmakers has their zoom, it is somehow really satisfying.

Antiwhippy

I think the most fun single moments are headshotting Widowmakers from a super far distance with Hanzo. Since you can't even tell if you're aiming at their head while Widowmakers has their zoom, it is somehow really satisfying.

I mean you just aim at their general body area and you'll get a headshot.

mxgt

Banned
I tried D Va yesterday for the first time. FUN. Like, she's SUPER fun, OMG.

My main is Zenyatta (pls give him more movement options :S), but I'm liking her a lot.

Yeah DVa is really fun, one of my favourite characters.

Boosting upwards and launching the ult into a group of enemies so it explodes as it lands is so great.

Dragner

I tried the arena mode yesterday. We attacked Anubis with a symmetra, Mercy, Lucio, Mei, roadhog. They had 2 bastions and a torbjorn. Everytime we changed we had or 3 tanks or 3 healers. Never enough dps. Never again. Playing Mercy yesterday was rewarding. An enemy shouted "wow that mercy is good". That made my day.

oberjin

Neo Member
I tried Lucio for the first time last night and fell in love with him !! :D
So fun to heal and speed up my allies, even if we lose ...

Lucini

Banned
I'm starting to find my legs on console.

I main Lucio, Mercy, Pharah, Torb, and Roadhog. If I'm pressed or need to counter, I switch up to damn near anyone as situation dictates but primarily Junkrat, Tracer, Reaper, Windowmaker, or Reinhardt if I can.

It might be because I'm still fairly new, but I'm having a lot of matches that are just one team getting rolled. I have been on the other end a handful of times, but I'm usually running Support on the winning side. I agree with people that say it's thankless and gets overlooked. I can spend the time as Lucio speed boosting people to the objective, getting 3-5 kills while healing at the objective, spend 1:45 or longer with the payload or on point, and the most votes I'll get at the card phase is 2. Drives me nuts. I'm not gonna lead in eliminating, maybe not even in healing either, but I put in a lot of work to help with the win. Where's a little appreciation?

PatjuhR

I really dislike playing McCree and Mercy. To bad I wanna go for platina, so I have to.

I don't mind playing as support and Lucio and Zenyatta are even two of my most favourite characters, but I really had a bad time playing as Mercy.

You get no personal action at all. It's just chosing who to beam and which beam. And a lil' bit of flying around. Yet I see her as the most chosen healer. I can't see it. Lucio or Zenyatta all the way.

Antiwhippy

I really dislike playing McCree and Mercy. To bad I wanna go for platina, so I have to.

I don't mind playing as support and Lucio and Zenyatta are even two of my most favourite characters, but I really had a bad time playing as Mercy.

You get no personal action at all. It's just chosing who to beam and which beam. And a lil' bit of flying around. Yet I see her as the most chosen healer. I can't see it. Lucio or Zenyatta all the way.

Go pop pop as mercy. People don't see it coming plus sometimes, really, why not?

Dragner

Zenyatta healing power is too low he is more of an offensive support. And lucio is ok but the res ult is gamechanging when hit correctly. It wins games alone. So no surprise mercy is the most played even in tournaments.

Vice

Have you tried using the games color blind options?

PatjuhR

Zenyatta healing power is too low he is more of an offensive support. And lucio is ok but the res ult is gamechanging when hit correctly. It wins games alone. So no surprise mercy is the most played even in tournaments.

I understand that, but do people have fun playing her? I don't.

Dragner

I understand that, but do people have fun playing her? I don't.

Is my main, i love hoping from char to char, flying away from atackers knowing how to push for ult, when to hold for fire. Its more complex that it seems. But has no direct action so if you want to pew pew, yeah, mercy is not for you.

I love how winston is supposed to counter widow, and yet 90% teams have a mercy that gets her heal on widow so you do like 10 dps and widow does 130 with smg, not including headshots.

I wish winston was more aim skill based. I don't like playing him much.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Mercy is beautiful, I never choose zenyatta or lucio because they are not beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom