• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Also, Zenyatta really needs about 50 more health, its a shame, he's such a helpful class, but he's so helpless to so many classes. Makes sense that no one in comp runs him

Last night I must have been the extra in a team game, because I fought against a team of five Lucios plus a Roadhog on Ilios. At the lighthouse map, they took the point and then just strafed back and forth in the point trying to push anyone that came in out/off the map with their blasts. We easily countered them with two Junkrats and won that match.

Second match they won because it was the Ilios point without any cliffs/pits and they stopped being all Lucio. Then the third map was the well, they went back to four Lucios and every single one jumped into the well and wall rode around inside it. We steamrolled them again because we'd kill the two enemies on the ground, then just take potshots into the well until they messed up and died. And then when they respawned they skated right back up and jumped into the well again. It was like a train of Lucio lemmings.

Best part was one Lucio tried to jump in, but I shot my concussion mine with Pharah at the same time. He just bounced right back out on the other side so my team murdered him immediately.

Dr. Buni

Zenyatta with 200hp would be a monster. He doesn't need more hp, it is the stupid sniper that needs a nerf.

On the subject, just a had a match against a Widow who thought she was hot shit for killing me over and over again (I was Mercy). No one in my team considered switching to Widow or some hero that can do something against that overpowered garbage excuse of a hero and then they proceeded to blame me for the loss. Even though I resurrected them thrice regardless of Widowmaker not letting me do my job. Ugh this game would be 100000000% better without disgusting snipers.

Yes, I am salty, no need to tell me that

PatjuhR

Zenyatta with 200hp would be a monster. He doesn't need more hp, it is the stupid sniper that needs a nerf.

On the subject, just a had a match against a Widow who thought she was hot shit for killing me over and over again (I was Mercy). No one in my team considered switching to Widow or some hero that can do something against that overpowered garbage excuse of a hero and then they proceeded to blame me for the loss. Even though I resurrected them thrice regardless of Widowmaker not letting me do my job. Ugh this game would be 100000000% better without disgusting snipers.

Yes, I am salty, no need to tell me that

How about her sniper does more on metal than on human flesh? So less person damage, but will still be able to take down turrets.

Blizzard

Banned
Aww, Widowmaker is the only class I bought a legendary skin for. I hope she doesn't get nerfed too much. I'm such a bad player I can't even hit with snipers half the time. Lucio in particular is nearly impossible to headshot because of left-right dancing and quick healing.

I need a nerf to Widowmaker for everyone else, but I get to keep the old version. That sounds fair. :p

Dr. Buni

Just had another match ruined by Widow. Weirdly my team had a Hanzo, Widow and Reaper yet they couldn't take care of their Widow and Pharah ._.
How about her sniper does more on metal than on human flesh? So less person damage, but will still be able to take down turrets.
How about reducing her health by 50, increasing the charge time for her rifle and increasing the grapple hook cooldown a bit. Reducing the damage she does when hitting the body would be welcomed, too. She is far too survivable for a hero that can kill others from a distance and she can kill other heroes far too easily when they get near her. She should be dead 99% if someone flanks her and she shouldn't be able to one shot Zenyatta when hitting his foot.

I hate on PUG playload maps when you get to the home stretch and the enemy defending team switches to 2 or 3 Bastions and everyone on my squad refuses to switch. You don't have a "main" people! Switch to Junkrat, Widowmaker, Genji, Reaper, Roadhog, somebody! Argh

Vitanimus

why do I ALWAYS have to play support because no one else will budge

I wanna play other people besides mercy and occasionally lucio
oexTA6a.gif

Dr. Buni

I hate on PUG playload maps when you get to the home stretch and the enemy defending team switches to 2 or 3 Bastions and everyone on my squad refuses to switch. You don't have a "main" people! Switch to Junkrat, Widowmaker, Genji, Reaper, Roadhog, somebody! Argh

Nothing wrong with having mains in this game. Having mains and refusing to switch heroes are completely different things. Stop being annoying, you don't get do dictate how others play OW.

oexTA6a.gif
Play Zenyatta? He is great, just make sure to switch him out if there is a Widow in the other team.

Mendrox

oexTA6a.gif

just stop picking them like me

Edit: Also Zenyatta seriously needs a HP buff, 200 would be perfect and wouldn't make him OP in any way. He is never played in competiv scene because there are more safe characters...

Vitanimus

Nothing wrong with having mains in this game. Having mains and refusing to switch heroes are completely different things. Stop being annoying.

Play Zenyatta? He is great, just make sure to switch him out if there is a Widow in the other team.

That's like 9/10 games tho

I actually think Zenyetta is kinda cute and I love the lack of cooldowns on his abilities, but his mobility makes it really hard to play as him

just stop picking them like me

muh team composition

Arrrammis

But how fast she can pull off headshots has always been a big issue too since beta? I imagine they'll do something to her charge rate as well.

I really hope that the devs follow through on their plan to balance consoles and PC separately. Widowmaker may have been able to wreck shop on PC, but on PS4, I've run into <10 competent Widowmakers in roughly 200 matches, and even they were just shooting body shots half of the time.

Mendrox

That's like 9/10 games tho

I actually think Zenyetta is kinda cute and I love the lack of cooldowns on his abilities, but his mobility makes it really hard to play as him

muh team composition

Other people don't care so why should you all the time? Somebody will bite the bullet as soon as your team loses (well most times).

Ok so I finally gave Zenyatta as chance after being sour on him since the beta.

Wow, he is a lot more fun and deadly than I was expecting. Being able to heal and forget is on the same awesome level as Lucio's passive healing for me. Being able to melt tanks with the orb of Discord as a fucking healer is the BEST.

Nothing wrong with having mains in this game. Having mains and refusing to switch heroes are completely different things. Stop being annoying, you don't get do dictate how others play OW.

Dragner

Im the opposite I first pick Mercy and then somebody on the last second picks Lucio and says me:"you switch". Then I leave. :/

Also, Zenyatta really needs about 50 more health, its a shame, he's such a helpful class, but he's so helpless to so many classes. Makes sense that no one in comp runs him

Zenyatta doesn't need a buff, the problem is that he is hard-countered by widowmaker, and widowmaker is in every single game.

Jarate

Banned
Symmetra has become so fun on KOTH as a pick recently with everyone going classed that are bad against her. I don't expect her to last long cause its more of a gimmick pick tbh, but man it sure is fun

Zenyatta needs a health buff more than he does a mobility buff. His line of sight requirement for both orbs means he always needs to be hovering around the back of a fight (Widowmaker permitting) where he can 'see' the fight. A mobility buff won't do much for him there.

EDIT: Another idea is having the orbs last longer when line of sight is broken, which means Zenny can break off from the fight and take cover more feasibly, as he doesn't have to maintain line of sight as often.

Jarate

Banned
Zenyatta doesn't need a buff, the problem is that he is hard-countered by widowmaker, and widowmaker is in every single game.

Even then, there are other classes who are hard countered by Widowmaker, and are used more then Zenyatta

I don't think its unreasonable to give him 25 more health, he's just by far the most useless healer in the game right now. Mercy and Lucio both can do more to help teams and stay alive. He has literally zero ability to get away.

Dragner

I promise, its no the first time it happens to me. I always pick mercy as soon as the selection screen appears. And theres people like this, or people who is roadhog and change to a second mercy seconds before the door opens and shit like that. I mean if they ask politely I dont mind changing. I can play Winston, junkrat and soldier(duh) without embarrasing myself.

XenoRaven

I have become what I hate.

I pick a character who doesn't have to aim, get in close, then jump around like a maniac so I can't be hit because people are playing with a controller. It's the most braindead playstyle in existence and I have embraced it.

No, not Mei.
Not Genji either.
Nope, not even Lucio.

Symmetra.

kaskade

I'm finally getting my internet turned on in my apartment today. I can get some of that sweet sweet overwatch action again.

But how fast she can pull off headshots has always been a big issue too since beta? I imagine they'll do something to her charge rate as well.

Only on PC.

This game definitely needs separate balancing for consoles and PC. But body shots seriously need to be nerfed regardless, on all platforms. Either that or Zen gets a slight health buff.

Braag

oexTA6a.gif

I feel you. When playing in pubs I end up playing a support hero most of the time because no one else will.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I pick a character who doesn't have to aim, get in close, then jump around like a maniac so I can't be hit because people are playing with a controller. It's the most braindead playstyle in existence and I have embraced it.

No, not Mei.
Not Genji either.
Nope, not even Lucio.

Symmetra.

Mei takes skill to land those long distance icicle headshots man.

Had a potg just from icicle shooting. No blizzard, no freeze ray, just icicles.

Ok so I finally gave Zenyatta as chance after being sour on him since the beta.

Wow, he is a lot more fun and deadly than I was expecting. Being able to heal and forget is on the same awesome level as Lucio's passive healing for me. Being able to melt tanks with the orb of Discord as a fucking healer is the BEST.

dps is so fast. i sit behind rein and just throw the shit out of his attack and headshot or at least get it near their head. such quick kills with him. good against widows as long as you got shield.

Mei takes skill to land those long distance icicle headshots man.

Had a potg just from icicle shooting. No blizzard, no freeze ray, just icicles.
i've mastered the jumping and shooting her alt-fire. probably used to how the game works i rarely aim for the body tbh.

X-Frame

Symmetra has become so fun on KOTH as a pick recently with everyone going classed that are bad against her. I don't expect her to last long cause its more of a gimmick pick tbh, but man it sure is fun

I've been doing this as well to great success, but like you said it may not last long.

Really if/when my team has 30 seconds to secure the zone I can place enough turrets that'll melt anyone who comes in and invading players are too busy trying to kill my teammate's inside to deal with the sentries. When 6 are planeted, plus her Primary fire that just melts in close quarters and a teleporter, she is amazing for KOTH.

Jarate

Banned
Only on PC.

This game definitely needs separate balancing for consoles and PC. But body shots seriously need to be nerfed regardless, on all platforms. Either that or Zen gets a slight health buff.

As a console player who consistently plays against some of the best players in the game on ps4, there's a few widowmakers who can play ridiculously well enough to destroy a team. Auto aim helps a lot too.

Its just the random pub players are basically useless as her 75% of the time

Also, its inevitable for the current meta to move to console, we just haven't been able to play the game nearly as long as a lot of PC players, so the meta isn't as strong

I do agree that Zenyatta could stand to have some stat tweaks if Blizzard wants him to be a support character. His need for line of sight support mechanics basically expose him to too much fatal danger, which makes people not play him supportively. Right now he sort of hovers in the middle of two roles and he excels at neither. Whatever direction they decide to push him towards, I'll gladly support.

No, not Mei.
Not Genji either.
Nope, not even Lucio.

Symmetra.
One of us. One of us. One of us.

Well yea, exactly. I have my favorites but if you want to win occasionally you will have to switch characters if the enemy is countering you.

nOoblet16

Even then, there are other classes who are hard countered by Widowmaker, and are used more then Zenyatta

I don't think its unreasonable to give him 25 more health, he's just by far the most useless healer in the game right now. Mercy and Lucio both can do more to help teams and stay alive. He has literally zero ability to get away.

He isn't a really healing guy though, he is more of a damage dealer and debuffer who can heal a bit (he can still heal a single target faster than Lucio without his boost).

Jarate

Banned
He isn't a really healing guy though, he is more of a damage dealer and debuffer who can heal a bit (he can still heal a single target faster than Lucio without his boost).

Aaster of nothing is kind of useless tbh, like I said, there's a reason why he's literally the least used character in comp right now

No, not Mei.
Not Genji either.
Nope, not even Lucio.

Symmetra.

I really like Symmetra the more I play with her. I haven't tried her on Attack though as I don't want to cause anyone to have a panic attack.

My stats don't lie, I play Mercy most of the time. Last night we faced a team of all Tracers and were getting stomped. I switched over to Mcree, died once after finding out the stun doesn't last as long as I thought and then went on a 18 kill rampage. Half way through they all switched to Winstons, I continued to stop them. The payload simply didn't move once I got Mcree out.

He's OP as hell.

I really like Symmetra the more I play with her. I haven't tried her on Attack though as I don't want to cause anyone to have a panic attack.

just run around the other team and hold left click. you and the turret can take people out easily. or do you mean go out with the other people then lol

nOoblet16

Aaster of nothing is kind of useless tbh, like I said, there's a reason why he's literally the least used character in comp right now

Probably because of widow rather than his own toolkit.

Pro scene varies very different because tiers and character picks depends a lot on how others play rather than what your guy can do. Take this for example, you have a hero that can do a lot but because he does a lot he becomes a high priority target everytime he is on, which could mean he gets killed more than he kills, which would lead to him being picked less and as such a lower tier ranking despite the fact that he has a great overall toolset.

As a console player who consistently plays against some of the best players in the game on ps4, there's a few widowmakers who can play ridiculously well enough to destroy a team. Auto aim helps a lot too.

Its just the random pub players are basically useless as her 75% of the time

Also, its inevitable for the current meta to move to console, we just haven't been able to play the game nearly as long as a lot of PC players, so the meta isn't as strong

Fair enough, but a Widowmaker can't quite aim between targets as quickly on console. If you turn sensitivity up, it will in turn take longer to adjust the aim to the head. I've seen insane Widowmakers on PC who pop tons of headshots in a row. I'm sure top-PS4 players also do great with her, but I really need to see a video of a good Widow before I believe them to be able to pull that off.

Lately I have noticed an increased pick rate for Zarya, I'm finally noticing how annoying she is to deal with, I would say that shield of hers is among the most powerful tools in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom