• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

How are you guys using Tracer's Pulse Bomb? I can't do much with it, specially in open areas for some reason.
I throw it in front of the opponents but most of the time nothing happens lol. Does it have very short range and they are escaping from it? Is it better to use it in smaller, indoor parts of the map?... What am i doing wrong?

How are you guys using Tracer's Pulse Bomb? I can't do much with it, specially in open areas for some reason.
I throw it in front of the opponents but most of the time nothing happens lol. Does it have very short range and they are escaping from it? Is it better to use it in smaller, indoor parts of the map?... What am i doing wrong?

It's a sticky nade, try to approach the enemy as much as you can so you don't miss, also try to focus on less mobile targets, like try and flank a reindhardt or a widow.

nOoblet16

You have to stick it, for bonus point stick it on big targets who are usually surrounded by other enemies like Reinhardt. it's a shit ult anyway with crap range and terrible throw distance so don't expect much.

kyle-777-

Zenyatta with 200hp would be a monster. He doesn't need more hp, it is the stupid sniper that needs a nerf.

On the subject, just a had a match against a Widow who thought she was hot shit for killing me over and over again (I was Mercy). No one in my team considered switching to Widow or some hero that can do something against that overpowered garbage excuse of a hero and then they proceeded to blame me for the loss. Even though I resurrected them thrice regardless of Widowmaker not letting me do my job. Ugh this game would be 100000000% better without disgusting snipers.

Yes, I am salty, no need to tell me that

lol I was very salty about Widows yesterday too, I wouldn't say that she should be deleted haha but I think that a really hard nerf would be welcome, she shouldn't be so hard to kill (S76 health and a lot of survivability with mines and hook), have such fast recharge rate, be able to double tap 50% of the characters and have that stupid ultimate that recharges so fast (it should be a revealing pulse every x seconds)...

NeoRaider

It's a sticky nade, try to approach the enemy as much as you can so you don't miss, also try to focus on less mobile targets, like try and flank a reindhardt or a widow.

You have to stick it, for bonus point stick it on big targets who are usually surrounded by other enemies like Reinhardt. it's a shit ult anyway so don't expect much.

Thanks. Yeah i know it's sticky but you have to be very careful and precise if you don't want to mess it up i guess. Because it's very risky to be that close to the enemy with Tracer.

mxgt

Banned
Widow PC nerf cannot come fast enough, literally in every single match.

I still have fun flanking her with Winston or D.Va though, providing she doesn't see me.

kyle-777-

I have become what I hate.

I pick a character who doesn't have to aim, get in close, then jump around like a maniac so I can't be hit because people are playing with a controller. It's the most braindead playstyle in existence and I have embraced it.

No, not Mei.
Not Genji either.
Nope, not even Lucio.

Symmetra.

Genji and no aim? Do you even...

feel like mei for me should be over 2+ kills.
got to work on Pharah. haven't played her in awhile.

i'm guessing turret/gun kills count as kills. it's why Widow is that high LOL
i'm just terrible with rein and d.va.

R4F6abN.png

Zemm

gonna be interesting to see how they nerf McCree and Widow, will probably tell us a lot how they are going to manage nerfs/buffs going forward. I have a strong feeling Widow is going to remain an S-Tier character though.

aeolist

Banned
You have to stick it, for bonus point stick it on big targets who are usually surrounded by other enemies like Reinhardt. it's a shit ult anyway with crap range and terrible throw distance so don't expect much.

you don't have to stick it but the range is small.

it's definitely not a shit ult but does require more finesse than most to use effectively. i've gotten triple kills with it several times now.

easiest way to nail it is to wait for zarya to hit a big black hole and pop it into the middle of that mess.

nOoblet16

you don't have to stick it but the range is small.
Well duh !
he basically asked what he is should do to improve its effectiveness and I answered you have to stick it...that's not a wrong answer for that question.

it's definitely not a shit ult but does require more finesse than most to use effectively. i've gotten triple kills with it several times now.
It's still the worst one in the game though, very situational and still kind of crap.
D.Va and Hanzo atleast clear the area even if they don't kill. her ult working with Zarya isn't what I'd really call nailing it since pretty much every ult works with Zarya's for multi kill.

Defuser

I can never understand people who just play one main character most of the time and refuses play the rest. I'm been having fun changing characters depending on situation and mode.

I really like Symmetra the more I play with her. I haven't tried her on Attack though as I don't want to cause anyone to have a panic attack.

I went Symmetra once on attack on Volskaya. Teammates initially went wtf.

We won because of my teleporters and plopping turrets right on the point.

aeolist

Banned
Well duh !
he basically asked what he is should do to improve its effectiveness and I answered you have to stick it...that's not a wrong answer for that question.

It's still the worst one in the game though, very situational and still kind of crap.
D.Va and Hanzo atleast clear the area even if they don't kill. her ult working with Zarya isn't what I'd really call nailing it since pretty much every ult works with Zarya's for multi kill.

it's one of the hardest ults to use well for sure, but every ult is bad if you whiff it. the huge burst damage you get makes it strong enough.

kyle-777-

I can never understand people who just play one main character most of the time and refuses play the rest. I'm been having fun changing characters depending on situation and mode.

That's why people are different, not everyone should be like you.

I do like to play different characters, but of course I do have my favourites and I am waiting for ranked if I want to people get what is needed (including myself).

K' Dash

I'm glad I play only with friends and don't have to deal with that shit, everyone plays all type of chars.

Mupod

I really like Symmetra the more I play with her. I haven't tried her on Attack though as I don't want to cause anyone to have a panic attack.

I played her on KOTH once and basically won us the match. She's like Zarya, against people who don't know the character she's unstoppable. I seriously get POTG on her more often than my 'real' characters and it's always something absurd like me burning down half their team with her beam as they ignore me in favor of other characters.

But if they are aware of you, and have a Tracer out there hunting teleporters, she's not very useful outside of annoying Reinhardts. I like playing the character but don't trust other people to play her properly, same as Zenyatta.

Vitor711

What are good average stats for Mercy? I'm at about 5k healing per match and 5 revives and it feels low (On US - PC). 30% winrate but I really, really like the hero. I'm getting better at positioning but feel like I'm dying far too much. Should I be blowing my rez on single deaths? I feel like I'm a little gun-shy there and always wait for a second death. Heck, I've definitely stopped healing someone and let them die just so I can get credit for a triple...

Maybe I should just stick to Zarya where I'm top 1,000 worldwide and have a 70% winrate... I swear I'm not bad at the game! I just can't get the hang of this hero which is a shame because I love medic support roles usually.

Aint there like 4 color blind options in the setting?

Have you tried using the games color blind options?

Are those not only changes to the UI? I don't mind the UI colours - the red and blue they have are different enough. Plus I doubt it would help me differentiate a subtle purple orb on the same-coloured background, regardless of colour. I'm not the youngest anymore and don't have eagle eyes, despite glasses.

I don't really see the problem why Zenyatta's Discord orb icon can't be displayed for teammates?

Mupod

So I was about to save the match on Mercy last night, had a quadruple rez on the final point of Hanamura during Overtime as I ran out of the spawn. Suddenly I instantly get squished by a Reinhardt out of nowhere. Kill cam showed it was a complete accident, total dumb luck.

The thing is, this actually got chosen as POTG. I hadn't even started casting her ult, but all it showed was the Reinhardt charging to get back to the battle and unintentionally hitting me. It absolutely WAS the winning 'play' of the match and it's interesting that it actually picked that moment. Maybe it's not all points-based.

Is it me or has there been an influx or Zarya players lately? I went from seeing her being rarely used to seeing her in almost every game I've played over the last week.

mbpm1

So I was about to save the match on Mercy last night, had a quadruple rez on the final point of Hanamura during Overtime as I ran out of the spawn. Suddenly I instantly get squished by a Reinhardt out of nowhere. Kill cam showed it was a complete accident, total dumb luck.

The thing is, this actually got chosen as POTG. I hadn't even started casting her ult, but all it showed was the Reinhardt charging to get back to the battle and unintentionally hitting me. It absolutely WAS the winning 'play' of the match and it's interesting that it actually picked that moment. Maybe it's not all points-based.

This has happened to me before.

Just casually stepping around a corner and hey, surprise Reinhardt.

http://tw.battle.net/forums/zh/overwatch/topic/3446144877

Patch notes from Asian official website

McCree

Fan the hammer damage reduced to 45, down from 70.
Reload delay (no idea what does this mean) decreased to 0.3 second, down from 0.75 second.

Windowmaker

Sniper mode base damage reduced to 12, down from 15, charge damage scaling remains unchanged.
Headshot multiplier increased to 2.5x, up from 2x.
You can only snipe again after the retraction animation of the scope finishes.
Infra-sight cost increased by 10% (I assume this means her ult charges slower).

I think my favorite thing to do in the game is to walk up right in front of Mcree when I hear "its high noon" with D-va and pop Defense Matrix, then boost away.
Had a round the other night where I ruined his ult 3 times...Feels good.jpg

McCree

Reload delay (no idea what does this mean) decreased to 0.3 second, down from 0.75 second.

Windowmaker

Sniper mode base damage reduced to 12, down from 15, charge damage scaling remains unchanged.

we'll see how mccree does. but if that means i can survive while being a tank. i'm okay with that. but i need protection from reapers. it's like my whole body is headshots

McCree

Windowmaker

McCree sounds ok, not sure how I feel about Widow.

Mupod

McCree

Windowmaker

Oh, no more Zenyatta instakill bodyshots then. Thank god.

Headshots still work out to 300 damage..

arimanius

McCree

Windowmaker

Can't wait to quit getting 100 to 0 by McCree as a tank. Interesting Window change. Glad they reduced the body shots while making headshots do more.

egruntz

shelaughz

McCree

Windowmaker

How about DVa? Being buffed at all?

McCree

Windowmaker

I think by reload delay, it means how long it takes for the reload to start after you hit the button. I'm glad their changing that, because it was a little annoying. Overall, these seem like great changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom