• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Lower damage on FtH is a godsend. Now I can not worry about McCrees melting me when I'm at 2/3 health with Roadhog.

Sounds like Widowmakers will have to work harder for their kills now, but if the player is good then she's still gonna put in work. Hopefully this means that Zenyatta can take a fucking bodyshot without dying instantly. Wasn't expecting a straight up nerf to her ult, I would've been fine with making it more clear when it was activated.

Fan the hammer damage reduced to 45, down from 70.

tumblr_inline_ngnd1wEx761sjvw3v.gif

Was getting so tired of being a tank melted in seconds by one guy.

McCree really didn't need to be doing that much damage to melt other offensive heroes. Now I won't have to shit a brick when into McCree as Zarya.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
http://tw.battle.net/forums/zh/overwatch/topic/3446144877

Patch notes from Asian official website

McCree

Reload delay (no idea what does this mean) decreased to 0.3 second, down from 0.75 second.

Windowmaker

Sniper mode base damage reduced to 12, down from 15, charge damage scaling remains unchanged.
Headshot multiplier increased to 2.5x, up from 2x.
You can only snipe again after the retraction animation of the scope finishes.
Infra-sight cost increased by 10% (I assume this means her ult charges slower).

McCree: Fan-roll-fan got hit pretty hard. Going to be a lot harder for him to take out a tank. Looks like they cut his reload time to encourage him to shoot at midrange a bit more and not tank his normal DPS.

Widowmaker: Body shots got hit pretty hard so you better be hitting your headshots now. I think that effects new players a lot more than the pros. But making it so that you can't pop in and out of scope as quickly as you used to is going to cut some of her effectiveness in competitive play.

BigDug13

Fan the Hammer plus roll and Fan the Hammer is still going to deal 540 damage which will drop all but Roadhog and will leave porky with 60 hps. Each FTH will still deal 270 which will drop all non-tanks in a single press.

Nothing's really changed here IMO except FTH spray and pray will be less effective, but the shortened reload time will help keep that damage going.

Vitor711

I think by reload delay, it means how long it takes for the reload to start after you hit the button. I'm glad their changing that, because it was a little annoying. Overall, these seem like great changes.

They're balancing a big Mcree nerf with a little buff - his reload speed was awful so this seems good.

As for Widowmaker, still wish the charge time for a max power shot was slower (1 seconds is practically instant, make it 2) but the fact that they effectively reduced her rate of fire is good.

Still think it's insane that her SMG does 80% of Solider 76's assault rifle's damage though.

BigDug13

They're balancing a big Mcree nerf with a little buff - his reload speed was awful so this seems good.

As for Widowmaker, still wish the charge time for a max power shot was slower (1 seconds is practically instant, make it 2) but the fact that they effectively reduced her rate of fire is good.

Still think it's insane that her SMG does 80% of Solider 76's assault rifle's damage though.

It's less accurate than Soldier but there is also NO drop off of damage at range on the SMG unlike Soldier.

Wow thats a big nerf on McCree. Then again his fan shouldn't be his main source of damage. Yet I've seen so many people only right click their way through the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fan the Hammer plus roll and Fan the Hammer is still going to deal 540 damage which will drop all but Roadhog and will leave porky with 60 hps. Each FTH will still deal 270 which will drop all non-tanks in a single press.

I don't think that kills D.Va considering her armor?

Nothing's really changed here IMO except FTH spray and pray will be less effective, but the shortened reload time will help keep that damage going.

If he misses a couple of bullets while doing the combo he's kinda fucked. No ammo, roll gone and no other movement options.

I don't think McCree is gonna challenge Reinhardt with the same amount of certainty.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's less accurate than Soldier but there is also NO drop off of damage at range on the SMG unlike Soldier.

Soldier's rockets are the separator. His TTK will be much faster than hers.

Overall, happy with the nerfs if only because it's 2 classes I didn't use.

McCree

Reload delay (no idea what does this mean) decreased to 0.3 second, down from 0.75 second.

Windowmaker

Sniper mode base damage reduced to 12, down from 15, charge damage scaling remains unchanged.
So Widow can no longer quickscope? Fantastic change, now hopefully people will stop complaining
haha as if

BigDug13

I don't think that kills D.Va considering her armor?

Armor reduces each shot by 5 and is more effective vs multiple weaker shots. So reduce each FTH by 30. FTH, roll, FTH will still deal 480 damage to armored opponents and 540 to unarmored. It's not an outright tank killer, but it's still close. You're not much of a "tank" when you're left with 20 hps on Reinhart and D.Va. Considering D.Va's large headshot box, she's going to eat more damage than that from frontal assaults.

Still an improvement and doesn't really lower McCree's designed effectiveness.

DrArchon

At least the tanks won't be shredded so much during the flashbang stun, so someone like Zarya might have a chance to pop a shield before dying, and a good Roadhog could hook+shoot McCree.

The reload buff is really nice though and hopefully means people might actually try out McCree at mid-range.

Xeteh

Huh, legit surprised they lowered the damage on McCree's Fan. I was completely expecting a short cooldown on it like Lucio's alt fire.

Huh, legit surprised they lowered the damage on McCree's Fan. I was completely expecting a short cooldown on it like Lucio's alt fire.
The cooldown idea was bad because it would dumb down McCree. Fan Roll Fan is something that can be fucked up and is fun to do as opposed to just throwing a flashbang, using Fan then rolling away with a full clip.

I think that McCrees fan/roll/fan combo will still kill most of the tanks from 100% health. But it isn't such a huge overkill now and the McCree will actually have to aim a little.

Xeteh

The cooldown idea was bad because it would dumb down McCree. Fan Roll Fan is something that can be fucked up and is fun to do as opposed to just throwing a flashbang, using Fan then rolling away with a full clip.

I'd argue that spamming fan from mid range like some McCrees do is kind of dumbing him down. Using spray and pray instead of trying to actually pick at people with his left click.

Im sorry but what is this "headshot multiplier"? Does she get increased damage for hitting consecutive headshots? If thats what it is, I never knew that!

Its how much more damage a headshot does. If she gets a headshot it does 2.5x her normal damage.

Gurrry

Im sorry but what is this "headshot multiplier"? Does she get increased damage for hitting consecutive headshots? If thats what it is, I never knew that!

That's there to compensate for lag and to make Hanzo viable as range class, imagine the hit box was 100% accurate nobody will land a headshot with that tiny arrow on a moving target.

People need to understand the design of this game, this is not CSGO

Do note that I'm not one of the people complaining about the size of the hitbox, I just stated that it's large.

Nowy

If McCree doesn't miss any shots from fan the hammer, I feel like he is still going to shred tanks. This feels like a way of making McCree players use left click more, except when they're very close to the target, since a missed fan the hammer bullet will become a bigger deal now. I also think we'll be seeing more McCree players punching people after fan the hammer is done, like how Roadhog punches people after his hook and shoot combo.

Hyun Sai

Still an improvement and doesn't really lower McCree's designed effectiveness.

Yeah, it will, as now if you'll have to be very precise with your shots compared to before where the damage was so high, even when bullets missed you had your kill.

The big majority of McCree users will see the difference, trust me.

Headshots do 200% damage on weapons that can headshot.

The change means that Widow's Kiss headshots will do 250% damage.

xezuru

The reload change is not a good one.
Now McCree has even more sustain to just fan->reload->fan->reload->fan.
Reinhartd shields beware you're already dead.

Kurumi

McCree

Windowmaker

Those changes. It's a beautiful day.

Yeah, it will, as now if you'll have to be very precise with your shots compared to before where the damage was so high, even when bullets missed you had your kill.

The big majority of McCree users will see the difference, trust me.
Yep. Tanks now have a chance to be able to punish Mccree or simply escape rather than being melted by him.

Interested to see the effective rate of fire changed for Widow. Glad body shots have been weakened. A slight health nerf would have been nice but I'll see how it goes.

McCree's nerf seems like a no brainer. Should be a good change.

Edit:

Oh Widows delay is for first shot only. Hmmm...

nOoblet16

It should still be able to kill the tanks with flash, fan, roll, fan though no ? With a total damage of 540. It's not difficult to hit all 6 shots using the fan on a tank..even if you are 5 meters away from them since the spread is quite narrow.
45 damage per bullet mean it does a total of 270 damage, keep in mind that the flash does 25 damage. So here's a breakdown:

1) Reinhardt who has 300 HP and 200 armour.
The flash+ first fan does 265 damage after armour reduction, the second fan does 270...for a total of 515 which is more than Reinhardt's health.

2) Winston 400 HP and 100 armour
The flash + first fan will do 275 damage after armour reduction, the 2nd will do 270...for a total of 545 which is again more than his health.

3) D.Va has 100 HP and 400 armour
Even she is not immune to flash, fan, roll, fan because flash+first fan will do 270, the 2nd will do 250 for a total of 520 damage which is again more than what she has.

4) 2) Zarya with her 200 health and 200 shield.
She fares better now, earlier she died to one flash+fan but now as long as she has a shield for the 2nd fan she will survive...if not then she is going to die as well.

5) Roadhog...well this guy is now immune completely.

So really...McCree could rip tanks with fan roll fan before and he will still be able to do it with the exception of Roadhog and partial exception of Zarya.

Hm, wonder if that Widow change is really gonna be all that impactful, but happy to see anything being done at all
It will. No more single body shot kills and she can't immediatly enter sniping mode again after lowering the scope means she has less room to fuck up and has to actually charge her shots as intended.

Hopefully this also means shite Widows will stop picking her because they'll be even more useless than before.

Rad-

That fth nerf is actually a small buff to Tracer and D.Va human form. You now need 4 fth hits to kill them and they aren't the easiest to hit because their hit boxes are small. Tracer is already awesome and doesn't have that many counters, no need to make her even better imo.

Mugenjin

Code:
Bug Fixed
[LIST]
[*]Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
[*][B]Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall[/B]
[*]Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
[*]Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)
[/LIST]

Mercy ult charge fix is also great.

That fth nerf is actually a small buff to Tracer and D.Va human form. You now need 4 fth hits to kill them and they aren't the easiest to hit because their hit boxes are small. Tracer is already awesome and doesn't have that many counters, no need to make her even better imo.
Widow nerf too. No more one shotting them in the foot.

nOoblet16

One of widow's issue was her survivebility against her counters due to her rather high health for a backline player (winston takes ages to kill her), grapple, spider mine and submachine gun. This nerf does nothing for that. So many times I'd get to them, hit them only for them to hit me back and bring me down on health and get reinforcements or jump to a bunch of enemies making it impossible for me to take her out..and 5 seconds later she is back to sniping.

It'll still be a pain to play against good widowmakers same as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom