• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or has there been an influx or Zarya players lately? I went from seeing her being rarely used to seeing her in almost every game I've played over the last week.
I blame all those POTG videos of her ulting some wall and dragging an entire team to a pit - I call it the Hanzo effect.

Plus people are likely finally understanding that she's fucking strong.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I love it when pubs get salty when I use sym in KOTH (hey don't blame me, I got silver in obj time and obj elims).

Then only to lose to my team when MM mixes up players.

I'll admit though, she seems super situational (well, when is she not really) and need the right team composition (aka have a lucio) but when it works it works man.

Those are pretty minor nerfs, honestly. In fact, the way I play McCree probably just got more powerful with the reduced reload time.

A Widow charged headshot is just as powerful as before. I'll be more scared of Tracers (and the McCree nerf is also a buff to Tracers!), but that's about it.

Antiwhippy

Those are pretty minor nerfs, honestly. In fact, the way I play McCree probably just got more powerful with the reduced reload time.

A Widow charged headshot is just as powerful as before. I'll be more scared of Tracers (and the McCree nerf is also a buff to Tracers!), but that's about it.

Is it a buff to tracer? He'll still kill her outright.

Also holy crap, that headshot buff is gonna suck for DVa if her critical hitbox is as it is now.
It won't change a thing, the headshot change is just to make it so Widow's fully charged headshots do the same damage as before.

This change only applies to her, not all heroes.

Is it a buff to tracer? He'll still kill her outright.
A small one. Before, he needed to land three bullets on her if she is at full health, two if she was hurt at all. Now he needs to land four, which is fine at point-blank range, but gives her a little more help in the Fan the Hammer RNG game, especially as distance increases.

It's more of a buff to Reaper/Mei, because McCree now needs to land a full six shots for a single FtH to kill them.

Antiwhippy

It won't change a thing, the headshot change is just to make it so Widow's fully charged headshots do the same damage as before.

This change only applies to her, not all heroes.

Ah, so it just normalises the damage done by headshots after the charged scope damage nerf?

Question: approximately how far do you need to ride the payload to get the trophy? Like in terms of length of level - I know it says 100m but is that the distance between two checkpoints? Further? Is it best to just ride it with Bastion and just hope nobody kills you? I feel like I've ran next to a payload for a long enough time multiple times but I still haven't gotten it.

Weird, patch notes are live but apparently the patch itself isn't?

Just tested in practice range and Widow's bodyshots still are doing 150.

Antiwhippy

A small one. Before, he needed to land three bullets on her if she is at full health, two if she was hurt at all. Now he needs to land four, which is fine at point-blank range, but gives her a little more help in the Fan the Hammer RNG game, especially as distance increases.

It's more of a buff to Reaper/Mei, because McCree now needs to land a full six shots for a single FtH to kill them.

But that shouldn't be a problem at the range he operates right?

nOoblet16

If we are talking about flash+fan then

5 actually (and still 3 for Tracer)...the flashbang does 25 damage.

Mr. Robot

Unless im the one starting the attack, i keep forgetting to use the escape abilities when im losing or surrounded by enemies, just after i die when attacked by surprise i remember that Mercy can glide and that Widow has the hook, and that tracer can rewind time.

Deps

The body shot nerf for Widow is w/e, but the scoping change is huge. Makes her much less mobile and generally less fun to play, wack.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What the h! Torbjorn turrents are not nerfed ?
WHAT THE H!

nOoblet16

Can you even get off all the shots before the stun ends? Or will Mei/Reaper pretty much always get away now.

You can.
Flashbang stuns for 0.7 seconds...FTH takes 1 second to unload all 6 bullets....you only need 5 which takes 0.83 seconds.

This gives the Mei/Reaper player like ~0.3 seconds to react (taking into account the stun time wasted due to the delay between flash and starting FTH)....I don't think it's practically possible to respond to that and press a button that fast..
Even if you repeatedly press it chances are you'll miss it.

Nyx

Just had my most intense and best game yet.

As Lucio, 15 minutes on Lijang Tower, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1.
With the 2 last points both being contested in overtime for a long while!

Had career best scores in eliminations (36), objective kills (32), objective time (04:48), damage done (5,503) and healing done (16,615)

brawly

yoooooo

screenshot-original2ngyrv.png

giphy.gif

Xeteh

I realized last night that I have a shit Tracer. I try to be all evasive with her blinks only to immediately get caught up against some random object in the world behind me. It makes me sad.

I wonder when/if PS4 is getting these changes

They've said that consoles are being balanced differently. From what I understand there is zero reason to nerf Widow on consoles.

Because they're not that great?

Maybe they'll do a console specific nerf.

They're not great on console, either.

I realized last night that I have a shit Tracer. I try to be all evasive with her blinks only to immediately get caught up against some random object in the world behind me. It makes me sad.

The main I'd say is get good at blinking left and right. Stay on the outskirts of a point or wherever the fray is and attack your targets at medium range. When your clip is empty and you start the reload, blink left or right. Every time. Get used to doing that. Mix it up, though. Don't just get left, then right, then left, etc. That timing means you'll always have a blink up your sleeve in case something goes awry.

You'll be able to wreck your opponents 1v1 because you always know if you're blinking.

Antiwhippy

Oooh, I wonder if the scope changes would make it easier for mei to harass widow from a distance now. Getting an icicle shot off seems quicker than widow getting scope charge.

Update is live. Takes 5 bullets to fan the training dummies. From now on you'll have to make a point of starting your fans from the enemies groin/lower torso

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
patch isnt live, zenyatta still dies from body shots im testing it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom