• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
considering widow is a hard counter to pharah and that pharah is my bae, the fact that she was nerfed makes me even more happy

I was also getting real tired of getting bodyshotted as zenyatta

patch isnt live, zenyatta still dies from body shots im testing it now
Console or PC? Did you search for updates? It's definitely live, Widow fully charged, point blank body shots are dealing slightly less damage than a fully charged Hanzo arrow and the scope delay is there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Console or PC? Did you search for updates? It's definitely live, Widow fully charged, point blank body shots are dealing slightly less damage than a fully charged Hanzo arrow and the scope delay is there.

PC gonna try again, person I was testing it with said he didnt have an update so I told him to restart battlenet

We were testing on EU PC.
I was testing on the American server so that's probably it.
Is it only live on PC? I'm on console and I'm not seeing any differences.
Console won't be getting this patch, but a bigger one later.
Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745235963

Vitor711

Blame console cert times - the patches will ALWAYS go live on PC quicker.

That's why they're being bundled on the console later on with more changes. It costs Blizzard money to push out any changes so it's more efficient to do many at once rather than the trickle that PC gets.

Definitely points to PC as the main platform (unsurprisingly with Blizzard's heritage) but it's no console TF2 scenario either.

Blizzard

Banned
I can understand Zenyatta surviving body shots making him stronger, but it also means it's a Tracer buff.

I feel Tracer doesn't have many counters as I'm always posting about, and nerfing both McCree and Widowmaker means she'll be even tougher to stop. The odds of headshotting a Tracer seem crazy small.

eek5

Official patch notes
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745235963

A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

HERO BALANCE CHANGES

McCree
Peacekeeper
Alternate Fire
Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

Widowmaker
Widow’s Kiss
Alternate Fire (Scoped Shot)
Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping

Infra-Sight
Ultimate cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game.

BUG FIXES

General
Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games

Heroes
Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps

Maps
Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

Not coming to console until a bigger patch.

wamberz1

I can understand Zenyatta surviving body shots making him stronger, but it also means it's a Tracer buff.

I feel Tracer doesn't have many counters as I'm always posting about, and nerfing both McCree and Widowmaker means she'll be even tougher to stop. The odds of headshotting a Tracer seem crazy small.
Symettra, out-of-mech dva and other widows will also survive now. Its a pretty significant change.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've never felt that Tracer was an issue, even if she has no direct counters.

Xeteh

They buffed Widowmaker? Damn.

edit: read increased. what is headshot multiplier?

Headshoots do increased damage for all heroes, they just increased Widow's scoped headshot multiplier so that when they lowered her base damage she still does the same damage with her headshots.

Xyber

They buffed Widowmaker? Damn.

edit: read increased. what is headshot multiplier?

You do more damage if you hit the head. A fully charged shot did 150 damage, a headshot gave a 2x multiplier.

Now it's 120 damage and 2.5x instead, which is also 300 so her headshot damage is still the same.

wamberz1

I think this is a good change. If your landing consistent headshots and a godlike sniper in general, then you'll still be a monster. If you were relying on bodyshots before for most of your kills,this will encourage you to better your aim.
And for mcCree, this will encourage players to use his left click more and try to play with the team at medium range rather than going in, killing the tank and dying.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I feel like they should have also increased the time it takes for a full charge but maybe these will be enough.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Interested to see how McCree feels now, and I'm glad Widow got hit, I still wish they'd made it more obvious when she has ultimate up though.

The Widowmaker nerf is amazing; now I think I will have a better chance of picking her instead of ALWAYS changing heroes to fill in the missing roles. The next hero that should get completely fucked up is Hanzo. He is getting picked more than Widow and people seem to like picking him as their "main"; you will often see those assholes stick to Hanzo even though their team is either losing or having too many snipers (who picked before them).

My suggested nerf to Hanzo to reduce his hitbox/aim-assist, or decrease his range.

I feel sorry for those idiots who main those "fun" characters; I am having a lot of fun by changing roles and learning all characters. I mean, it makes sense to master and perfect a certain character or a small number of them for specific high-level teams where the team members are static, but you still have to learn all characters for the sake of knowing their strengths and strategies--aside from having fun.

Ferrio

Banned
The Widowmaker nerf is amazing; now I think I will have a better chance of picking her instead of ALWAYS changing heroes to fill in the missing roles. The next hero that should get completely fucked up is Hanzo. He is getting picked more than Widow and people seem to like picking him as their "main"; you will often see those assholes stick to Hanzo even though their team is either losing or having too many snipers (who picked before them).

My suggested nerf to Hanzo to reduce his hitbox/aim-assist, or decrease his range.

Hanzo isn't that great already though. Widowmaker probably still better than him all things considered.

Hanzo isn't that great already though.

Yeah he is. I have an irrational hate for him, but that is because of the community. I don't remember a game without Hanzo in it; I am certain that he is used more than Widow (she is just more dangerous). I am interested in seeing how Widow will fare in high-level play; they just made her less accessible.

It kinda reminds me of overpowered fighting game characters that have ridiculous execution requirements.

Baliis

Hanzo isn't that great already though. Widowmaker probably still better than him all things considered.

Hanzo is shit

As much as I know deep down that Hanzo is not a very good character, nothing makes me rage more than playing against him and watching the most ridiculous kill cams. The number of times I've been head shot blindly by a Hanzo just lobbing arrows at an area he can't even see or getting randomly killed by scatter arrows...

People who complain about Hanzo don't really seem to understand the difference between hitscan and projectiles. If his arrows had the same hitboxes as bullets, he would be infuriatingly difficult to play effectively as and just not viable.

I hate getting killed instantly by barely-glancing scattershots while mine sporadically do only 50 damage, though.

Mugenjin

The Widowmaker nerf is amazing; now I think I will have a better chance of picking her instead of ALWAYS changing heroes to fill in the missing roles.

That nerf is not even close enough to stop all the players who "main" widow.

Also it's not only Hanzo's arrows which have a bigger hitbox but pretty much all projectiles. Everyone is just salty about Hanzo because he shoots thin arrows.

As much as I know deep down that Hanzo is not a very good character, nothing makes me rage more than playing against him and watching the most ridiculous kill cams. The number of times I've been head shot blindly by a Hanzo just lobbing arrows at an area he can't even see or getting randomly killed by scatter arrows...

Both Hanzo and Widow have an enlarged hitbox for headshots, and shit-ton of active frames on the bullets/arrows. Hanzo's arrows are on the ridiculous side though; the scrubs just have to point where you are and shoot--Widow requires a bit more precision because of her zoom. Pre-shooting is a bit overlooked from what I saw, but it is most likely by players who like to hide and camp with Widow instead of pressuring the other team.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So is it live or not? I just played McCree and wrecked the same as usual.

Yay... widows have to actually aim for the head now it looks like instead of double bodyshotting people. Well certainly looks like a less viable tactic to double bodyshot. Assuming the top damage on charge is 120, you can't even full charge double bodyshot a reaper but you can full charge 1 headshot a reaper.

TaterTots

Banned
So McCree was buffed and nerfed? They decresed his reload time(made it quicker) but lower his damage? I'm gonna fire up the game and give him a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom