• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game would be much better and more fun if they just removed Hanzo and Widowmaker entirely, as well as the Hanamura map. Widow maker is just a shit anti-fun class that adds wallhacks to the game (what the fuck were the thinking), and every weeabo wants to play Hanzo. and there are tons of them. Every single game without either character is just 73% more fun (scientifically calculated) win or lose.

I would love a no turret mode in Overwatch, personally. I get that neither Torbjorn or Symmetra are overpowered, but dealing with them plus Bastions makes this game way less interesting or fun.

I'd rather be dealing with mobile characters running all over the place than trying to find the right angle to deal with the Torbjorn turret that's keeping us from advancing.

Still waiting on some other balance changes. Mei and D.Va please.

But overall this is great. Was so tired of Mcree, and easy mode sniper takes a little more skill now. Most Widows are terrible anyways, but it could be annoying in the right hands.

Zemm

I just checked my stats for the past few days and my win loss is all over the place:

83%
47% (woah close to 50%)
71%
68%
22%

I don't think that's good matchmaking. It's like they can't find a good balanced game for me to play in, it's either a succession of wins or losses.

yeah can't wait for the mei buffs

Obviously!

post-51877-the-office-pam-and-jim-high-fi-3r7G.gif

faster freeze effect? not sure actually

she is definitely underpicked in high level play though

Is it less because she's underpowered and more because the heroes who are good against her are heavily picked?

Seems like McCree, Winston and Widowmaker would all be good against her.

Rize_21

What buff would Mei even need?

- You can now flatten your enemies looney tunes style with icewalls placed in rooms.
- Vape your own cryogun to self heal.
- Punching frozen enemies will now break them in two and forbid the player to use his/her hero for the whole game.

Sounds good to me.

Lorcain

A good Mercy is a godsend. Too bad most of them suck.
I think what you're probably seeing are people trying out Mercy who normally don't play her. I want to see more people willing to learn Mercy. She's actually fun to play. While her healing #s are usually lower than Lucio's because she's doing single target healing versus his AOE healing, I'd argue that her healing is more effective in saving lives.

Keep in mind that she's a priority target in matches, and for a player new to her that can be really overwhelming.

I think what you're probably seeing are people trying out Mercy who normally don't play her. I want to see more people willing to learn Mercy. She's actually fun to play. While her healing #s are usually lower than Lucio's because she's doing single target healing versus his AOE healing, I'd argue that her healing is more effective in saving lives.

Keep in mind that she's a priority target in matches, and for a player new to her that can be really overwhelming.
It's also fucking frustrating when your teammates don't peel for you. Stop tunnel visioning and protect your support if you want more Mercys in your matches.

It's also fucking frustrating when your teammates don't peel for you. Stop tunnel visioning and protect your support if you want more Mercys in your matches.

Yep, this. I think I'm fairly okay at Mercy but I've switched when I just got murdered instantly because of no peel because seriously what's the point?

Yes, I wasn't exaggerating or bitching about Hanzo; there were TWO of them and they refused to change in the second match.
We were getting smashed (almost quit at the start of the game) but I was DEFENDING the payload with LUICO and healing them big time.

19D7BFEE2C8EC3B134D7EE104E2DA4B137481619

6A8D5099EE12674CE3F855EAB90D870A2EABE5E7

I feel like she is more team-specific; she is a dangerous combination with some heroes in certain maps. Lucio is more of a generic AOE minor healing with cooldown and more pressure-oriented with his damage and speed buff to rush objectives.

Anyone else getting less FPS after the update? Last night I seemed to be getting on average 10 fps more. Even in the practice range I am having less FPS.

Could just be something related to a background process I suppose.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes, I wasn't exaggerating or bitching about Hanzo; there were TWO of them and they refused to change in the second match.
We were getting smashed (almost quit at the start of the game) but I was DEFENDING the payload with LUICO and healing them big time.

You're running with like lvl 3s and 9s... what did you expect?

Zeliard

Really surprised by changing the damage values, tracer not dying to a body shot is kinda crazy.

I think that was done mostly for Zenyatta's benefit, as he has zero mobility and was dying to a single charged bodyshot from Widow, and buffing Zenyatta's health is risky. Tracer is still very much countered by heroes like McCree. In fact, we may not see McCree's popularity dwindle very much either in casual or comp, since Widow is now less effective against heroes like Tracer, while McCree is still the hard counter there.

McCree's tank-busting has been nerfed but, given the Widow nerfs, his value as an anti-flanker might be even greater now.

Yeef

Yeef, as a seasoned TF2 veteran, what are your thoughts on this game?
I enjoy it a lot, but most of the similarities to TF2 are only surface-level stuff, in my opinion. Other than both being objective FPS games with lots of character, the actual moment-to-moment gameplay feels pretty different.

I think in general, the individual TF2 classes have a higher skill ceiling and more depth than the heroes in Overwatch for the most part. Overwatch tends to be more about team composition and using the right hero for the matchup. Also, even though the matches themselves are shorter, the actual encounters tend to be a bit slower-paced (and therefore more forgiving) than in TF2 in my experience. Retreating is generally a lot easier, but health packs tend to be further out of the way than they are on most TF2 maps.

Mupod

I was wondering for weeks now how Widow players were able to do instakill headshots on me in replays while dropping in and out of scope mode. I figured there was some kind of exploit, nice it was fixed and also confirmation that I wasn't seeing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom