• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I was wondering for weeks now how Widow players were able to do instakill headshots on me in replays while dropping in and out of scope mode. I figured there was some kind of exploit, nice it was fixed and also confirmation that I wasn't seeing things.

So what was it? Could you maintain your charge by partially leaving scope? That's kind of ridiculous, I had no idea.

So what was it? Could you maintain your charge by partially leaving scope? That's kind of ridiculous, I had no idea.

Charge reset but I read that between shots there is a tiny delay before charging started that could be skipped. It also let them effectively move between shots with no scope downtime, including jumping, and allowed them a brief moment of higher FOV with no scope downtime.

Ferrio

Banned

No. When you leave scope you can just rescope again without it playing out the whole animation. Realistically and animation wise it made sense, gameplay wise it's a bit much.

Just had a cool combo of ultimates between Zarya, Hanzo, Pharah and Lucio. Maybe a bit overkill :p

26BRNTobHuLEcNqHS.gif

Everybody going for trophies at the same time!

Skittles

Still blows my mind how widowmaker gets 200hp with an escape skill and tiny hitbox. While zenyetta gets stuck with 150hp, no escape skill and is pretty much a big floating square. Her health needs to drop to 150 and his needs to go up to 175

Vitor711

Still blows my mind how widowmaker gets 200hp with an escape skill and tiny hitbox. While zenyetta gets stuck with 150hp, no escape skill and is pretty much a big floating square. Her health needs to drop to 150 and his needs to go up to 175

Amen. Her SMG has no drop off damage either and does 80% of Solider 76's Assault Rifle. Doesn't matter if it's less accurate, at close range she murders him if he misses a rocket shot.

R0ckman

So what were peoples problem with McCree, him killing with fan at far away distances?

Someone experimented and if he gets up close, he's still having Reinhardt and crew for lunch, it just takes a little bit more effort.

I'm happy with this nerf. As long as I can erase Mei with him they can do whatever.

nOoblet16

Yep, totally.
Especially now that charged bodyshots can't kill her..but I actually would have liked if another widow could kill her with a charged body shot...just like TF2 sniper. Basically letthemfight.gif

nOoblet16

So what were peoples problem with McCree, him killing with fan at far away distances?

Someone experimented and if he gets up close, he's still having Reinhardt and crew for lunch, it just takes a little bit more effort.

I'm happy with this nerf. As long as I can erase Mei with him they can do whatever.

Actually...flash, fan, roll, fan will still kill Reinhardt even with this change, D.Va, Winston and Zarya (unless she has her shield to block the 2nd fan). The only tank that is truly immune right now is Roadhog.
The damage is just spread out differently so instead of doing 80% damage in first fan then finish up with the 2nd fan...you have them spread out almost 50% in first and 50% in 2nd.

The targets are big enough to not miss a single shot from the fan even at like 5 metre distance.

You know, as bad as it feels to be in a team that gets curb-stomped, I think I feel worse when I'm on a team that wins a close-fought match, and then see at the end that I didn't get any of the medals. Like, "Wow, we just barely pulled that one off... and I was one of the weak links."

Hex

Banned
You know, as bad as it feels to be in a team that gets curb-stomped, I think I feel worse when I'm on a team that wins a close-fought match, and then see at the end that I didn't get any of the medals. Like, "Wow, we just barely pulled that one off... and I was one of the weak links."

Oh yeah, story of Mei's life.
I will be Mei, get a good 7 or 8 kill streak going and be handling 4 on 1 while I am holding the objective with nobody in site, seriously frustrating the hell out of the other team and end up clearing most of them and holding it contested while they are at 99% and then the rest of the team will show up and we win and the fucking POG goes to some fucking Reaper who pulled off a "die die die" in a room on the other side of the map from the objective and killed three people or a Torb who had a turret in a corner somewhere.

Zeliard

Actually...flash, fan, roll, fan will still kill Reinhardt even with this change, D.Va, Winston and Zarya (unless she has her shield to block the 2nd fan). The only tank that is truly immune right now is Roadhog.
The damage is just spread out differently so instead of doing 80% damage in first fan then finish up with the 2nd fan...you have them spread out almost 50% in first and 50% in 2nd.

The targets are big enough to not miss a single shot from the fan even at like 5 metre distance.

Seems okay now, at least on paper. McCree has to hit his full combo to kill off tanks, and if he doesn't he's a sitting duck afterwards and easily punishable, whereas before FTH did so much damage that you couldn't really screw it up (and often save the roll/reload for an escape).

The lower FTH damage also means it'll be less ridiculous when spammed at mid-range, and reward better use of his primary fire, especially getting headshots (which people shouldn't forget do 140 damage per bullet, which is huge for a non-scoped hitscan weapon).

MVP Card with 87% of the match on fire as Zentyatta and zero votes:D next time I'll just go widowmaker and fuck team comp

My win rate is still bouncing just over/under 50% as I'm mainly solo queuing. Lucio is at 70% though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man this game is dying fast for me and im not even sure why. Pugs, groups, wins, losses, it doesnt matter, im just not enjoying the act of playing the game anymore. The constant widowmaker one shots, the turrets, the bastions, the mcree right clicks,all the shit that can be countered I know, but now is just bothering me like it wasnt before. Like the act of suddently being deleted from the game is getting to me like it wasnt before, like I just cant be arsed to deal with it now lol. I think I really need a break, I do have close to 100 hours in such a short time

MoonGred

Got the first POTG as Junkrat that wasn't a riptire domination and in my opinion was well deserved. Made us win the defending round on Gibraltar when they were on 2 seconds away from victory, killed 4 of them with a direct hit and the 5th got killed by my death grenades after being stuck in my trap. It was one of the most satisfying moments in my entire playtime.
Is there a way to save highlights?

Been using Zarya a lot recently and she's really good fun. Been lucky enough to play with randoms who understand what her Ultimate does. I've sent 'my ultimate is ready' to the group and had Reapers, Pharahs, Junkrats, etc reply with 'my ultimate is charging (76%)' or whatever. Has made it much easier to co-ordinate ultimates without having to speak during the game.

MBison

So I play on ps4 with my daughter, 2 ps4 same network, logged like 100 hours already, no issues. For some reason now I can't connect to battle net game server and she can. Internet is fine on my ps4 I watched a video and tested my connect. But after shutting off ps4 repeatedly Overwatch still fails to connect to game server even with her playing fine on the network as I struggle with this.

Any ideas? Argh.

X-Frame

MVP Card with 87% of the match on fire as Zentyatta and zero votes:D next time I'll just go widowmaker and fuck team comp

My win rate is still bouncing just over/under 50% as I'm mainly solo queuing. Lucio is at 70% though

If you maintain a Harmony orb on a tank that is continually taking damage and therefore continually healing then the game basically takes that into account constantly for a fire rating, right?

Or what else does Zen do that really boosts his fire rating because I get on fire with him more often than other players (except maybe Lucio and Zarya) and I'm not really sure why. Obviously I am non-stop throwing Discord out and juggling Harmony orbs so is that basically it?

Lorcain

Oh yeah, story of Mei's life.
I will be Mei, get a good 7 or 8 kill streak going and be handling 4 on 1 while I am holding the objective with nobody in site, seriously frustrating the hell out of the other team and end up clearing most of them and holding it contested while they are at 99% and then the rest of the team will show up and we win and the fucking POG goes to some fucking Reaper who pulled off a "die die die" in a room on the other side of the map from the objective and killed three people or a Torb who had a turret in a corner somewhere.
That's hilarious...and sadly true. That happened while I was playing as Mei last night too. I was closing off their avenues of approach, freezing both of their Winstons when they jumped in, staying alive the entire time while my team was constantly rushing back from the spawn with timely use of Meipopsicle. I was sniping their dps and putting up walls in the distance to block their snipers. And a Pharah "death from above" won PoTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom