• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"everyone"

You have him confused Mei apparently.

I mean unless you're using blizzard it's impossible to maintain freeze on multiple people long enough to kill them without the other guy trying to murk your ass.

It certainly didn't immobilise people as long as steel trap does. And steel trap does it instantly instead of giving people a chance to escape.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nooooooo, the Weekly Mystery Heroes Brawl is no more ;_;

Its Soldier:76 R' Us lol
12 Soldiers, haha

"We're All Soldiers Now"
Heroes: Soldier:76
50% Health
50% Slower Ability Cooldowns
50% Ultimate Gain Rate
Maps: Ilios, Lijang Towers, Nepal so KOTH maps

Zemm

12 Soldiers, haha

"We're All Soldiers Now"
50% Health
50% Ultimate Gain Rate

what the fuck, this sounds awful.

So blizzard addressed my two biggest complaints on character balance I have held since closed beta testing. But the game is not perfect right? Sometimes people still pick widowmaker and sometimes people don't pick Mei. That needs to be fixed.

Seriously though. While the update is still fresh and really remains to be seen if it was effective, and lets assume roadhog and dva (after buff) are more viable as tanks. Hell, lets assume zenyatta is a bit more viable as a support. What next? More heroes + maps? Or are certain heroes (mercy, lucio, reinhardt) needing a bit of toning? hmmm...

eek5

Amen. Her SMG has no drop off damage either and does 80% of Solider 76's Assault Rifle. Doesn't matter if it's less accurate, at close range she murders him if he misses a rocket shot.

She doesn't even have to switch weapons like Mercy to get to her SMG. It's just there all the time. Everything about it is so stupid. Her weakness is supposed to be being flanked but she has all the tools to deal with people that flank her. She can either escape completely or fight immediately. So dumb lol

what the fuck, this sounds awful.
landscape-1456759219-14993-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-game-desktop-wallpaper-2560x1600.jpg

She doesn't even have to switch weapons like Mercy to get to her SMG. It's just there all the time. Everything about it is so stupid. Her weakness is supposed to be being flanked but she has all the tools to deal with people that flank her. She can either escape completely or fight immediately. So dumb lol

It's not entirely all to the benefit of widow to have 1 weapon, because characters with multiple weapons automatically reload the weapon not active. And widowmaker can find herself out of ammo due to sniping or vice versa.

spootime

Seriously, though. This really doesn't seem like the way to nerf widowmaker. Her ult should be way less powerful, and her headshots should probably do less damage. But why make her way more clunky? Its just not near as much fun to move around with widow now. I loved how mobile she could be - now I'm super stationary and stuck in one spot. Widow v. widow used to be people jumping around trying to quickscope the other person in the head. Now you just slowly strafe left and right spamming crouch. I really hope they revert the movement change.

MBison

Yeah me and my friend can't play but my other friend can. We've restarted several times but it's still not working. We're in the UK btw so on EU servers

Yeah that's what's happening to me, my daughter is playing right next to me on her ps4 same network. But I can't connect. Not in eu though. Usa

Skittles

You mean play widowmaker? thats how you play widow
Sorry, shouldn't be able to quick scope. Widowmaker is probably one of the worst designed sniper chars in a game. She has pretty much everything a sniper shouldn't. The only thing she doesn't have is an aimbot.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why does the blood curdling scream of an enemy death make me giggle for no fucking reason

"Die,Die... Urgh!"

"It's High... Hulgh!" Sure is Mcree

"Justice Rai.. Unhn!"

I giggle when its blasted through my TV

I always feel bad for the Mercy Ultimate though like 95% she sacrifices herself to rez everyone else

Seriously, though. This really doesn't seem like the way to nerf widowmaker. Her ult should be way less powerful, and her headshots should probably do less damage. But why make her way more clunky? Its just not near as much fun to move around with widow now. I loved how mobile she could be - now I'm super stationary and stuck in one spot. Widow v. widow used to be people jumping around trying to quickscope the other person in the head. Now you just slowly strafe left and right spamming crouch. I really hope they revert the movement change.

You mean playing her how she was designed to be played? That quick re-scope nonsense was understood to be an exploit from the beginning. Just took blizzard forever to change.

Skittles

She should have been the less mobile of the snipers from the beginning. If you want someone more mobile pick hanzo.

Zeliard

Why does the blood curdling scream of an enemy death make me giggle for no fucking reason

"Die,Die... Urgh!"

"It's High... Hulgh!" Sure is Mcree

"Justice Rai.. Unhn!"

I giggle when its blasted through my TV

I always feel bad for the Mercy Ultimate though like 95% she sacrifices herself to rez everyone else

I love the yells when heroes fall to their death too.

Alavard

12 Soldiers, haha

"We're All Soldiers Now"
50% Health
50% Ultimate Gain Rate

Terrible brawl. Played one match, and no more.

I haven't played since the update but at least she can still snipe after grappling into the air from what it sounds like. Those are my favorite shots to make and I think they're the most exciting ones. Nothing like headshotting someone while flying.

spootime

She should have been the less mobile of the snipers from the beginning. If you want someone more mobile pick hanzo.

I'd rather they buff hanzo. Most of the fun in this game is the various movement abilities and how mobile everyone is. Widow is just straight up less fun to play now.

If you're terrible

Maybe on xbox? Idk what this means.

I haven't played since the update but at least she can still snipe after grappling into the air from what it sounds like. Those are my favorite shots to make and I think they're the most exciting ones. Nothing like headshotting someone while flying.

Thankfully you can still do that.

konjak

What a terrible mode to run an entire week. The dad jokes were fun for one game, but why not have games be "everyone is the same hero" in general?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

12 Soldiers, haha

"We're All Soldiers Now"
50% Health
50% Ultimate Gain Rate

"I've got you-"
"I've got y--"
"I've got you--"

meshwork

You mean playing her how she was designed to be played? That quick re-scope nonsense was understood to be an exploit from the beginning. Just took blizzard forever to change.

Not to mention that for actual viewers it was the most obnoxious thing in the game to watch. I tried watching someone play widowmaker on twitch the other day and I started feeling nauseous from the constant rescoping and jumping. Anyone who thinks that's how Blizzard designed her to be played is fooling themselves.

MUnited83

For you.

12 Soldiers, haha

"We're All Soldiers Now"
50% Health
50% Ultimate Gain Rate

lmao, this should be great, can't wait to get to it

epmode

Feeling pretty down on the loot system. Allowing duplicate items and restricting currency drops to the occasional levelup is really crap.

I liked the quickscoping and rescoping but I can see why it was removed. She'll still be good without them and they kept grapple shots for the mobile and crazy shots. I think we'll see more of those which is fine since they have a higher skill curve and a cooldown. Plus they're cool as hell.

Xeteh

I played one solo QM since the Brawl swapped and I'm already waiting for Mystery Heroes to return.

My team insta-locked Genji, Reaper, Tracer, Widow, Torbjorn and I had picked Symmetra. The Reaper switched to Roadhog, I switched to Lucio.

Their team was Reinhardt, Winston, Mercy, Lucio, Pharah, Junkrat. We got fucking annihilated.

spootime

I liked the quickscoping and rescoping but I can see why it was removed. She'll still be good without them and they kept grapple shots for the mobile and crazy shots. I think we'll see more of those which is fine since they have a higher skill curve and a cooldown. Plus they're cool as hell.

If they made it so it was a lot quicker to scope in I would be fine with the changes. It would let you do more damage on the midair grapple shots as well.

Azoor

Damn, this weekly brawl is uninteresting as hell. I wish they'll be more creative with it next week.

The last one was fantastic because it made you play pretty much all the characters and experience what it would be like to play as them.

I still suck as Hanzo though :(

Zemm

I was just playing Zarya and spamming my "ultimate is ready key" and this Hanzo on my team actually worked with me and we wiped the team with both our ultimates. It's actually really fun when you can get some teamwork together with pugs.

#NotAllHanzos

I've seen plenty of people arguing otherwise, but Mei needs to be the next hero adjusted. She just has too many tools for every situation in her arsenal. She can panic heal herself and remain invincible, compared to Roadhog who remains vulnerable. Even though the effect isn't immediate, her freeze gun works better than Junkrat's trap since you can't do anything while immobilized. Her icicles have little to no accuracy drop off compared to someone like Hanzo. Her ultimate is a different but almost better version of Zarya's since, again, you can't move or shoot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom