• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

I've seen plenty of people arguing otherwise, but Mei needs to be the next hero adjusted. She just has too many tools for every situation in her arsenal. She can panic heal herself and remain invincible, compared to Roadhog who remains vulnerable. Even though the effect isn't immediate, her freeze gun works better than Junkrat's trap since you can't do anything while immobilized. Her icicles have little to no accuracy drop off compared to someone like Hanzo. Her ultimate is a different but almost better version of Zarya's since, again, you can't move or shoot back.

Doesn't seem like a problem to have tools.

nOoblet16

Charge reset but I read that between shots there is a tiny delay before charging started that could be skipped. It also let them effectively move between shots with no scope downtime, including jumping, and allowed them a brief moment of higher FOV with no scope downtime.

Well that is true and false at the same time, whatever time you saved by avoiding that delay is taken by the zooming and unzooming animation.

The prime reason to scope and unscope was for tracking targets better and getting a higher FoV.

Azoor

Ck8jDNfVEAEN-Me.jpg

Okay, this actually made me laugh.

Sou Da

I've seen plenty of people arguing otherwise, but Mei needs to be the next hero adjusted. She just has too many tools for every situation in her arsenal. She can panic heal herself and remain invincible, compared to Roadhog who remains vulnerable. Even though the effect isn't immediate, her freeze gun works better than Junkrat's trap since you can't do anything while immobilized. Her icicles have little to no accuracy drop off compared to someone like Hanzo. Her ultimate is a different but almost better version of Zarya's since, again, you can't move or shoot back.

Yeah she's ridiculous that healing cryosleep needs to fucking go.

Either that or less health.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It is not a better version of graviton surge.

I play both and trust me, it's not. It's super advertised and very easy to escape.

Whales

Banned

nah, mei's fine

when you're gonna get to the phase when you learn how to handle her you'll see she's not OP

the only annoying thing is the ice block contesting points, that's honestly bullshit

Xeteh

*facepalm*

Her iceblock is on a long cooldown and only heals around half her HP, her freeze works nothing like Junkrat's trap and is easy to get away with if you're a character with movement skills. Comparing her right click that has (massive damage drop off at range) to Hanzo who's using a bow and his arrows dropping are a core mechanic and why he has absurd hitboxes is just silly. And then "ALMOST" comparing her ultimate to Zarya's is even sillier. If you're anywhere near the edge of Mei's ult you get out, any movement options or invulnerability skills get you out and it doesn't vacuum you in.

If they made it so it was a lot quicker to scope in I would be fine with the changes. It would let you do more damage on the midair grapple shots as well.
I don't see them decreasing scope time. She gets enough time to charge a full shot if you grapple vertically at least.

nOoblet16

It's not, it's easy to avoid if you are at the edges and is not near instant like Zarya's ultimate. And infact, there are heroes who have a super easy time avoiding her ult even if they are in the dead centre of it, these heroes are:
Genji, D.Va, Soldier 76, Lucio, Tracer, Zarya, Winston, Reaper, Widow, Reinhardt, Pharah and maybe even Junkrat....pretty much half the cast.

Zarya's ult is way better than mei's. The impact is instantaneous and groups everyone up nice and neat for a pulse bomb, reaper ult, hanzo ult... and it's even harder to tell where the AOE starts and once you're hit you're sucked in. Mei's ult can be countered... by simplying moving. lol

omg. i thought when were about to lose this payload (route 66). like no one was on the payload to move in. but right when it went to overtime everyone decided to get back on. i died and was winston and was like shit. we are going to lose. but they contested that shit so well. go back. killed off the remaining people. and won the game. the other team was like gg before it went into OT. thought they had but they didnt

mbpm1

omg. i thought when were about to lose this payload (route 66). like no one was on the payload to move in. but right when it went to overtime everyone decided to get back on. i died and was winston and was like shit. we are going to lose. but they contested that shit so well. go back. killed off the remaining people. and won the game. the other team was like gg before it went into OT. thought they had but they didnt

When the enemy team declares GG well before the game is over and then loses

R0ckman

Why do randoms have trouble during shutdowns during that last 30 second kamikaze rush in defense missions, bait out their ults then counter with yours. Its simple.

When the enemy team declares GG well before the game is over and then loses

or when your team gives up because other team just doing too good but then you win

(i never do that. i just give it my all)

and woot. new avi. i really want a Winston one tbh. but can't find one that's cute enough.

Vitanimus

I've had a mixed bag of games today. I lost one game where it was literally 99%/99% til the last second on Anubis, was sooooooooooo good

and then we lost another game where we completely dominated the other team but one tracer standing on the objective and no one doing anything caused us to lose. I was playing Mercy, and couldn't do much, despite telling my team on chat

o well
thinking.gif

MBison

People who are level 30 and above and won't group up behind a Reinhardt on attack and instead just do their own thing and get killed constantly can fuck right off.

mbpm1

or when your team gives up because other team just doing too good but then you win

(i never do that. i just give it my all)

and woot. new avi. i really want a Winston one tbh. but can't find one that's cute enough.

That's happened before

It's like dude, they're not even on the last checkpoint yet. Chill and keep trying

Poetaster

Banned
I can't win a single damn game unless I play a super aggressive Lucio that doesn't stand still for even a fraction of a second throughout the entire match. I've never experienced a game with such a pathetically bad community and it's a shame because the game is great.

Son Of D

Why does the blood curdling scream of an enemy death make me giggle for no fucking reason

"Die,Die... Urgh!"

"It's High... Hulgh!" Sure is Mcree

"Justice Rai.. Unhn!"

I giggle when its blasted through my TV

I always feel bad for the Mercy Ultimate though like 95% she sacrifices herself to rez everyone else

Makes me laugh too. Every time I hear Reaper die mid ultimate quote I laugh out loud. If I had a mic you'd probably hear me laugh over the game audio.

Dr. Buni

Glorious
I will never understand people's obsession with snipers. Of course we lost the match, even though a Symmetra with a godly Bastion and myself managed to hold down point A until they had only roughly 30s left. Unfortunately two Hanzos don't really help much on point B. Completely unrelated but I wonder why the HUD isn't appearing in the screenshot.

Nimby

Banned
I'm tired of teams not cooperating on turrets. I had to take out multiple turrets on the floating platforms at Volskaya all by myself as Genji, without any help or shield from the Reinhardt on our team.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Junkrat is way better than Mei. His trap + mine = death my right click no matter where you are! Mei's left click cannot replicate that.

Also, don't go solo! At this point I just friend anyone who I play with who seems good and I just make a ragtag 6-man group of good players. Way better than rolling the dice solo. We've been doing real well too, for the most part.

Hawkie

I would love it if they removed Reinhardt from the game. He is 'no fun allowed' the character. Both teams with a Reinhardt is just Zzzzz.

Funny you say that, just the other day I was in a pub team full of Reinhardts and it was the funniest match I've ever had - and we won.

Syntax

My only issue with Junkrat is that his trap clips through the floor. It's the main reason why I get trapped.

That's intentional isn't it? Friendly Junkrat traps are easily visible but I only really see the teeth of enemy traps. Too obvious otherwise, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom