• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

Funny you say that, just the other day I was in a pub team full of Reinhardts and it was the funniest match I've ever had - and we won.
I went against a team of six Reinhardts once. It was a glorious day to be a Symmetra main.

Anyways, I disagree on Rein being unfun. He isn't a sniper :p

Weekly Brawl just changed :(
This shift happened while I was still playing mystery heroes so the sudden barrage of soldiers in my next match took me by hilarious surprise.

That feeling when you kill a turret only for toblerone to activate his ult a half second later
I prefer that to when I'm half a second away from finishing a turret and then it goes MOLTEN CORE!
My effort in vain, my life in immediate peril.

I've seen plenty of people arguing otherwise, but Mei needs to be the next hero adjusted. She just has too many tools for every situation in her arsenal. She can panic heal herself and remain invincible, compared to Roadhog who remains vulnerable. Even though the effect isn't immediate, her freeze gun works better than Junkrat's trap since you can't do anything while immobilized. Her icicles have little to no accuracy drop off compared to someone like Hanzo. Her ultimate is a different but almost better version of Zarya's since, again, you can't move or shoot back.
She's got decent survivability and adaptability thanks to said tools, that's pretty much her thing I figured.

She's certainly not as potent as you think.

Whats a turrent?
Well it's not quite a turret and it's not quite a torrent... but man *laughs*....
So to answer your question, I don't know.

A level 3 turret

idk

Actually a level 3 turret is like a torrent of bullets.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That's intentional isn't it? Friendly Junkrat traps are easily visible but I only really see the teeth of enemy traps. Too obvious otherwise, imo.
Yep. It's a trap, not an easily avoidable obstacle. You just have to pay attention, especially on KotH maps.

I'd be OK with Genji losing wall climb or double jump.

Dude should get exhausted if he double jumps too many times in a row and have to wait a bit to get that leg strength back before having the privilege to jump.

And I'm totally not just saying that because the rise of hop happy Genjis have begun to irk me.....

Son Of D

My team is doing really well on Payload Dorado on attack. Then right before we get to the final point they decide to go on holiday, leaving me as Tracer alone to try and push.

We lost.

darklin0

Banned
That's intentional isn't it? Friendly Junkrat traps are easily visible but I only really see the teeth of enemy traps. Too obvious otherwise, imo.
If it is then whatever. Remove the damage or something otherwise its too good. Doesn't help that Junkrat's kit is amazing.
I agree with this. If you're going to have something that powerful in the game, I should see more than 3 teeth of a gigantic trap.
The bane of my existence. ;-;

eek5

Your traps sink into the ground for like 5 seconds. After 5 seconds you can barely see the teeth. Yeah it's intentional.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also make his dumb martyrdom grenades not be that damaging or remove it completely.

Sucks as someone who like to play symmatra, winston and reinhardt. ;_;

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
If it is then whatever. Remove the damage or something otherwise its too good. Doesn't help that Junkrat's kit is amazing.

The bane of my existence. ;-;
Just... Look at the floor if you see a Junkrat on the other team. Don't rush in, etc. The trap breaks if you shoot it with anything.

Also make his dumb martyrdom grenades not be that damaging or remove it completely.

Sucks as someone who like to play symmatra, winston and reinhardt. ;_;

For the martyrdom... You should know by now.

Basically, as uninsultingly as possible, git gud.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nerf evetything that kills me

Come on guys...

XenoRaven

Dude should get exhausted if he double jumps too many times in a row and have to wait a bit to get that leg strength back before having the privilege to jump.

And I'm totally not just saying that because the rise of hop happy Genjis have begun to irk me.....
Just had a game on Lijang Tower where literally 5 people on my team were trying to kill a Genji just double jumping and scrambling on walls to reset his jump. It might be fine on PC, but it's not on consoles.

If I were on McCree or Soldier I could have taken care of it, but I was on Junkrat and we already had a McCree and a Soldier and it's just too hard for some people to hit a person doing something that's so ridiculously easy.

Excited to get back in the game come tomorrow. Had to stop playing for a while when the game caused some problems on my left hand. Gotta learn some self control with this one. lol

Make the ninja less like a ninja, right

Just had a game on Lijang Tower where literally 5 people on my team were trying to kill a Genji just double jumping and scrambling on walls to reset his jump. It might be fine on PC, but it's not on consoles.

If I were on McCree or Soldier I could have taken care of it, but I was on Junkrat and we already had a McCree and a Soldier and it's just too hard for some people to hit a person doing something that's so ridiculously easy.

So you want him nerfed because no one else on your team could take care of a wily Genji and you didn't feel like it?

Yep. You have to kill Junkrat, then decide to sit on top of him immediately afterwards.

Well those were specifically close range characters mentioned, sometimes his corpse just flops right to you in those cases.
That's if he didn't blow your face off point blank while no selling his own explosion, now that's what gets me.

Actually I did have a funny death from the martydom grenades where his body collapsed on some stairs causing the grenades to roll down straight to me, I laughed and then cried a little inside.

rdytoroll

I didnt play for 2 days now, E3 and real life stuff be damned. How were the McCree and Widowmaker nerfs received? Good enough or do they need some more tweaking now?

Antiwhippy

At least you can rest easy knowing that the enemy junkrat is laughing his ass off. :D

See, that's the thing I was saying earlier. Only junkrats think that they are fun for everyone. Meanwhile everyone think he's an annoying little git.

And I say that as someone who likes playing junkrat who takes pleasure watching that dumb reaper who sneaked up on me die to my martyrdom grenades.

moojito

Just had some very nice games with two characters I don't play a lot. Winston on Nepal was being a sneaky ninja 800lb gorilla and getting his flank on. Lots of squishy zapping.
Then I finally managed to hit 100 energy as Zarya on Dorado, and was melting fools with that lightsaber. Previously I'd barely been able to get it past wet noodle mode.

Kito

If you see your teammates running but not actually moving (if that makes sense) for some seconds - is that a server or personal computer issue? It started about 2 days ago and it's getting worser.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
More people need to play Mei, you'll quickly find out that she isn't as good as you think. Yes, she can be very difficult to kill, but she doesn't really help her team that much compared to other characters. Her icicle has garbage damage falloff, so her only good tool is to freeze people and icicle their face. She's an annoying character to fight against, but she definitely doesn't need a nerf.

Was playing a game with my friends, one of whom was just dominating as Symmetra, and we all got disconnected. Haven't been able to get back in.

Gator86

The accolades at the end exist only to twist the knife. Got stuck on a completely impotent team on defense in Gibraltar, but wound up carrying them to keep it close with 3 golds and 2 silver medals. Didn't even get an accolade at the end, much less any votes. Some asshole McCree with just 9 fan the hammer kills got it. Get fucked, McCree.

yep that's why you figured it out dr snark what a diagnosis

That's the only reasoning you gave, so what do you expect? There are plenty of characters who don't even require aim and can take care of Genji, even with his double jumps and wall climbing. You're just complaining because one gave your team a slightly hard time.

OK we need to talk about this:

"Turrent"

What's with the "n"? A long time ago I knew a guy who kept putting that n in his pronunciation and spelling.

Now I'm seeing a bunch of people going "turrent" for Toblerone and Symmetra.

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE PUTTING AN N IN TURRET? IT'S TURRET. T. U. R. R. E. T. NO N. NEVER N. THERE'S NEVER BEEN AN N.

Antiwhippy

More people need to play Mei, you'll quickly find out that she isn't as good as you think. Yes, she can be very difficult to kill, but she doesn't really help her team that much compared to other characters. Her icicle has garbage damage falloff, so her only good tool is to freeze people and icicle their face. She's an annoying character to fight against, but she definitely doesn't need a nerf.

Hey now, I regularly get gold or silver in obj elims.

Which really speaks more about the teams I get really. :lol

Though really, if you actually learn how to cut teams off with ice wall it can be pretty good. Especially a tank charging in with a healer and DPS in tow. The tank gets dead so quickly. Too bad it doesn't show up as a stat.

Wouldn't Winston be a good choice in that situation then? You don't have to accurately aim and Genji can't reflect against him.

Dr. Buni

Yeah, she isn't that great, but she still is fun and that is enough for me to play her when the team doesn't lack somefin essential.

vypek

I enjoy playing Junkrat. It's amazing that past a certain level that people will still die to it. Keep your distance of you are about to get a kill. If I see I will lose a fight then I might move closer to do some damage.

Nimby

Banned
yep that's why you figured it out dr snark what a diagnosis

Genji is meant to be a hero with high mobility. He is meant to weave in and out of combat much like Tracer. And even the worse of the latter is way more annoying that any Genji I've ran into.

Ferrio

Banned
Hey now, I regularly get gold or silver in obj elims.

Which really speaks more about the teams I get really. :lol

Though really, if you actually learn how to cut teams off with ice wall it can be pretty good. Especially a tank charging in with a healer and DPS in tow. The tank gets dead so quickly. Too bad it doesn't show up as a stat.

It's *easy* to get gold elims with mei. She tags pretty much anyone in a fight, so you get elims anyone finishes them off. It's her damage dealt that's usually crap.

Son Of D

At least you can rest easy knowing that the enemy junkrat is laughing his ass off. :D

Oh yes. As a Junkrat user every time I see a Genji, Tracer or Winston run over my body and die from the grenades I chuckle. Best moment though was on accident where I used the mine to jump into a point and landed in front of a Bastion who was firing at another team mate. Bastion kills me and then dies from my grenades since I was right in front of him.

Dr. Buni

It's *easy* to get gold elims with mei. She tags pretty much anyone in a fight, so you get elims anyone finishes them off. It's her damage dealt that's usually crap.
A defense hero with crap damage? Crazy, huh? Not every defense hero can deal crazy amounts of damage like Junkrat. Anyways, I think a Mei who knows when/how to place her walls and knows when/how to ult is great to have in a team.

Antiwhippy

That's fine though. She's not a dps character. People want a debuffer and she basically acts as a debuff to movement speed.

That said it's amazing how many tracers think they can blink away only to have an icicle at the back of their head.

Ferrio

Banned
A defense hero with crap damage? Crazy, huh? Not every defense hero can deal crazy amounts of damage like Junkrat. Anyways, I think a Mei who knows when/how to place her walls and knows when/how to ult is great to have in a team.

That's fine though. She's not a dps character. People want a debuffer and she basically acts as a debuff to movement speed.

That said it's amazing how many tracers think they can blink away only to have an icicle at the back of their head.

I'm not arguing that, just saying getting gold elims with mei means little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom