• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

It's *easy* to get gold elims with mei. She tags pretty much anyone in a fight, so you get elims anyone finishes them off. It's her damage dealt that's usually crap.

If you can be accurate with her alt fire her damage is actually really good. Its just really hard to do that.

Glorious
AnWkXHC.jpg

I will never understand people's obsession with snipers. Of course we lost the match, even though a Symmetra with a godly Bastion and myself managed to hold down point A until they had only roughly 30s left. Unfortunately two Hanzos don't really help much on point B. Completely unrelated but I wonder why the HUD isn't appearing in the screenshot.

Yes, I wasn't exaggerating or bitching about Hanzo; there were TWO of them and they refused to change in the second match.
We were getting smashed (almost quit at the start of the game) but I was DEFENDING the payload with LUICO and healing them big time.

19D7BFEE2C8EC3B134D7EE104E2DA4B137481619

6A8D5099EE12674CE3F855EAB90D870A2EABE5E7

Glorious indeed. Incoming parodies of Hanzo players picking kills and giving the objective the middle finger.

XenoRaven

Me complaining about Genji is like 75% salt, but it's just not fun to fight someone who just jumps all over the place. The same goes for Lucio wall skating on the Payload to delay it. No one can hit him. And if you don't have a character than can easily deal with that, what are you supposed to do? Intentionally die so you can switch heroes?

I don't think this is as much of an issue on PC. But it's the shittiest thing about playing this game on consoles to me.

X-Frame

Me complaining about Genji is like 75% salt, but it's just not fun to fight someone who just jumps all over the place. The same goes for Lucio wall skating on the Payload to delay it. No one can hit him. And if you don't have a character than can easily deal with that, what are you supposed to do? Intentionally die so you can switch heroes?

I don't think this is as much of an issue on PC. But it's the shittiest thing about playing this game on consoles to me.

I think the only one that can take that Lucio out is Sol 76 with his ultimate where he can just aimbot the Lucio with little effort.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I'm at E3, surrounded by hundreds of games to check out and yet I'm drawn to the T-Mobile booth cuz they're letting people play Overwatch on their own battlenet accounts there. Something is not right.

Dr. Buni

I think the only one that can take that Lucio out is Sol 76 with his ultimate where he can just aimbot the Lucio with little effort.
Unless the Lúcio ults, I don't think Soldier's ult last enough to wear down the sound barrier and then Lúcio's HP. Maybe in a 1vs1 scenario, but why would that happen?
Glorious indeed. Incoming parodies of Hanzo players picking kills and giving the objective the middle finger.
There are so many Hanzo parodies already. He is infamous for a reason.

Gator86

More people need to play Mei, you'll quickly find out that she isn't as good as you think. Yes, she can be very difficult to kill, but she doesn't really help her team that much compared to other characters. Her icicle has garbage damage falloff, so her only good tool is to freeze people and icicle their face. She's an annoying character to fight against, but she definitely doesn't need a nerf.

I'd love a Mei buff. She's great on a solid team, but isolated or on a bad one with no distractions/cover, she's fucked. On PC or at really high skill levels, she's just a lumbering target though. I wonder if they will balance the console and PC versions differently at some point.

Kind of a large encompassing question, but does anyone here play this mostly solo? Can you still do relatively well?
Im not really that much into mp gaming, but my favorites have been TLoU, Destiny's Crucible, Uncharted 4 and Mass Effect 3. I played those by myself in mp and did fine. I'm still playing Uncharted 4 actually.
I need a new podcast game for my ps4 and I was hoping this was a game I could do that with.

I also don't drop $60 for a game very often, so I just wanted to gauge if this was something I'd be playing for a while.
I really wish I had played the beta.

Salarians

It's nice to get matched into a game with people of equal skill on both teams. Rare, but it does happen occasionally.

Anyway, Tracer = god like. I love playing as her, even though I am still awful at successfully getting sticky bombs into crowds (Bastion or a turret? No problem.)

Kind of a large encompassing question, but does anyone here play this mostly solo? Can you still do relatively well?
Im not really that much into mp gaming, but my favorites have been TLoU, Destiny's Crucible, Uncharted 4 and Mass Effect 3. I played those by myself in mp and did fine. I'm still playing Uncharted 4 actually.
I need a new podcast game for my ps4 and I was hoping this was a game I could do that with.

I also don't drop $60 for a game very often, so I just wanted to gauge if this was something I'd be playing for a while.
I really wish I had played the beta.
I only play solo (on PS4, for 60+ hours). I don't play a lot of competitive shooters, but (in regards to playing with randoms) my experience feels similar to my time playing Destiny's MP; sometime you get great teammates that are helpful and know what they're doing, other times it's a complete stomp by the other team. I haven't had any real "issues" though. Most people do play the objective and change characters when needed. Calling out when your ult is ready, or thanking people (with the in-game character lines) is becoming more common too.

My teams today have been fucking useless

No reason I should go 22-4 and still get demolished :/

You can get that with potshots, seeing as you get credited for any contribution to the kill.

If your whole team was focusing on, say, three enemies, the other two players could be flanking you and getting the objective sorted; as they should. K/D be damned.

I'm a gold medal machine with Roadhog but I feel like I have a bigger impact with Winston because he's really good at focusing down troublesome enemies, more so than Roadhog. Roadhog is great for taking down single opponents but is less able to make his own opportunities in the way that Winston does with his mobility. Also, Winston's presence behind enemy lines is a huge distraction even if you're unable to get a kill.

Drewfonse

So what heroes did everyone think "oh man, that is going to be so fun" to play as while watching pre release videos, only to find them relegated to your bottom tier?

For me, no question, Pharah and Tracer. I can't fucking compete when I play as them. I really thought Pharah would be my most played, but hell nope. At least Junkrat worked out for me...

X-Frame

Or someone with AOE. Maybe Pharah or Winston?

Good idea! I could definitely see them working well. Winston could just sit there and just hold the trigger down.

Unless the Lúcio ults, I don't think Soldier's ult last enough to wear down the sound barrier and then Lúcio's HP. Maybe in a 1vs1 scenario, but why would that happen?

You'd be surprised. I mentioned it here a couple weeks ago that a Lucio was doing this while I was Reinhardt trying to push the payload with absolutely no assistance from my team. I had to try and hammer-swap Lucio while keeping my shield up, nobody else was able to do anything.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
I enjoy playing Junkrat. It's amazing that past a certain level that people will still die to it. Keep your distance of you are about to get a kill. If I see I will lose a fight then I might move closer to do some damage.
Walking away from an enemy while he is chasing you is always bad for you. On your perspective the distance between you and him is longer while from his perspective it's shorter.

That's also why some of those roadhogg shots seem to travel so ridiculous far. You should also notice a huge difference when playing something like Reaper VS Reaper. The one chasing should do much more damage even if both aim just as good as the other.

Hyun Sai

I only play solo (on PS4, for 60+ hours). I don't play a lot of competitive shooters, but (in regards to playing with randoms) my experience feels similar to my time playing Destiny's MP; sometime you get great teammates that are helpful and know what they're doing, other times it's a complete stomp by the other team. I haven't had any real "issues" though. Most people do play the objective and change characters when needed. Calling out when your ult is ready, or thanking people (with the in-game character lines) is becoming more common too.

Same here. It's been a great experience so far (95% solo Q), even if sometimes you can have some teammates rage inducing. But that's the way of random matchmaking. If you play well, it's possible to make a difference though ^^.

V-Faction

So what heroes did everyone think "oh man, that is going to be so fun" to play as while watching pre release videos, only to find them relegated to your bottom tier?

For me, no question, Pharah and Tracer. I can't fucking compete when I play as them. I really thought Pharah would be my most played, but hell nope. At least Junkrat worked out for me...

Totally Winston. I kept thinking pre-release "THIS is my character. A big smart ape that is jumping around like King Kong."

Turns out, I'm more into Zarya. Winston's shield doesn't give me enough of the kind of shielding I want (stuck in one place, pretty long cooldown, not up enough). His Tesla gun really doesn't do it for me. It's more of an electric massage. I'd be way into him if he was straight-up a Melee Monkey instead of just his Ultimate. Mobility is great on him, but not if your team can't keep up.

Dr. Buni

Just had a match against a Widowmaker with aimbot. She killed me as Lúcio multiple times with headshots while I was jumping around. Fortunately the POTG showed that she was, in fact, aimbotting. It would have been the worst experience in this game, but we actually won against the cheater.
You'd be surprised. I mentioned it here a couple weeks ago that a Lucio was doing this while I was Reinhardt trying to push the payload with absolutely no assistance from my team. I had to try and hammer-swap Lucio while keeping my shield up, nobody else was able to do anything.
Good Lúcios are indeed extremely slippery. Too bad I am not one of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Totally Winston. I kept thinking pre-release "THIS is my character. A big smart ape that is jumping around like King Kong."

Turns out, I'm more into Zarya. Winston's shield doesn't give me enough of the kind of shielding I want (stuck in one place, pretty long cooldown, not up enough). His Tesla gun really doesn't do it for me. It's more of an electric massage. I'd be way into him if he was straight-up a Melee Monkey instead of just his Ultimate. Mobility is great on him, but not if your team can't keep up.

Sounds like you are trying to play him as a tank which he is not. Especially with your comment about your team not keeping up with your mobility.

aeolist

Banned

you have to play winston like a buff tracer

surprise groups of squishies and break up pushes with your ult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom