• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
D. Va is a defective tracer.
D.Va is
p5a73bhkilysib9ggxt0-600x600.jpg

legbone

is anyone else having trouble connecting to battlenet? just curious. been trying for a bit and keep timing out on the "press x to play screen". pretty frustrating. been waiting all night to play.

edit: nevermind, i see others are having troubles too. lates.

You can get that with potshots, seeing as you get credited for any contribution to the kill.

If your whole team was focusing on, say, three enemies, the other two players could be flanking you and getting the objective sorted; as they should. K/D be damned.

Best story I have as an example for this was Volskaya Industries on Attack - we cleared point A, but the enemy team set up in between point A and point B and had set up a defensive wall that was massacring my team. Both teams were at war and the defense team was getting their K/D ratio up by slaughtering my team over and over - so I as Reaper snuck by and teleported into the actual base. The team's Symmetra had set up turrets on the actual objective, but there was literally nobody there so I just stood just inside the objective at a point just outside the turret's reach and started capturing the point.

I was nearly halfway done capturing the point by the time the enemy team showed up to attack me, but because they had to break ranks my team ended up breaking through the line and while I died (since I was by myself on the point) my team had successfully claimed victory right after I respawned.

I think that map I had 1 kill and 4 deaths, but I still got the win for my team!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as Mercy's like to complain about people not protecting them

every time a Mercy rezzes me in the middle of an enemy swarm, I want to fucking strangle them

V-Faction

Sounds like you are trying to play him as a tank which he is not. Especially with your comment about your team not keeping up with your mobility.

you have to play winston like a buff tracer

surprise groups of squishies and break up pushes with your ult

Right, which is fine, it's something I discovered I wasn't really digging. I enjoy quick shielding as Zarya and then getting buff from that. I like her two types of fire - medium-range or splash damage. I'll let the better Winstons do the Winstoning.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
As much as Mercy's like to complain about people not protecting them

every time a Mercy rezzes me in the middle of an enemy swarm, I want to fucking strangle them

We don't have a choice, we can't see who is being rezzed, where they are or how far. Be happy you're getting rezzed at all.

TheMink

I don't know what Mercys expect me to do for them. I can't see if they're taking damage and I don't think I can hear it.
If torbjorn didn't say "My turret is under fire!!" I would almost never know something was wrong and their health is on the screen. That reminds me, a turret has 300 health, and sometimes I see it taking damage and it will die in a literal second. A Mercy would die so much faster if they were the direct target of a character.

Ive kept my brothers Mercy alive as McCree while on king of the hill for an eternity only because he is actively calling out people trying to flank him or who are actively shooting at him and he sits two feet away from me in real life.

Additionally I can't promise I can protect Mercy if she follows me into a flank. I appreciate it and her help will probably do more than she thinks because she may die fast but will net me a full three kills instead of just one. So don't be upset just because I couldn't save you.

If they are mostly reffering to Rienhart doing stupid 180s with the sheild, that's a completely different issue.
I'd probably say the only person who could reliably protect Mercy is probably a sniper but watching her back or maybe Torb following her around.

By the way consider this, if I (or anyone probably) target a Mercy there isn't anything your team can do to save you.

Situation:

You're Mercy healing a Rienhart or a Reaper, I'm McCree. I look and both of you. If you're Mercy you have already been dead for five seconds. Meanwhile on the opposite team Mercy is crying that they didn't save you. They couldn't do jack, a lot of the time because Mercy was standing close enough that I could stun both of you maybe don't do that. And even if she wasn't Rienhart especially can't kill me fast enough to save you, and maybe not even Reaper half the time.

I really think Mercy really needs to consider her position while healing. Place yourself in a position to see angles the person you're healing can't see. I see so many Mercys just directly behind the Rienhart looking the same direction, and I come behind as Genjii cause that's what I do and turn them into mince meat.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
uh

dead players souls are on screen, as is the number of dead players. I only played Mercy when I got her in random brawl and I know that much.

embrace mediocrity brehs

The skulls on the ground. Actually sometimes revive is bad because the person is about to respawn 2 feet away anyway lol.

Again it doesn't show WHO you're rezzing (without tabbing) and you can't tell how far souls are from each other in order to get multiple. It's a clunky ult and if you played her more you would understand.

Again it doesn't show WHO you're rezzing (without tabbing) and you can't tell how far souls are from each other in order to get multiple. It's a clunky ult and if you played her more you would understand.

I've played mercy plenty... plus don't you watch the kill feed? You don't need to tab if you're following whats going on.

Catdaddy

Just got a Mercy potg that didn't involve a rez, chaotic healing of my whole team pushing to the finish in Hollywood. Was pleasantly surprised.

Biltmore

Banned
I don't know what Mercys expect me to do for them. I can't see if they're taking damage and I don't think I can hear it.

If a Mercy is anywhere around you they tell you they are being attacked automatically. If you aren't hearing it it's probably because you aren't paying attention. A good team will keep their Mercy alive, and a bad one will just ignore her and act like it's her job to stay alive solo. I like playing against bad teams. I get on Winston and I kill her over and over and over again. Mercy was my main for a long time, but I've almost completely stopped using her because people get tunnel vision, don't pay attention and let her get constantly wrecked. I can't tell you how many times I'll be buffing damage/healing someone and I'll get attack and the person I'm buffing just keeps running off and lets me die.

The surround sound in this game is excellent, and Blizzard has added a ton of cues to help you out. There's really no excuse for not knowing what's going on around you at any given time.

Zaventem

What was this picture for? he's correct. It only shows X number of downed allies and that's within a 15 radius doesn't even have to be LoS. I'm more surprised by the amount of people that just stand in one spot and do nothing after a mass res like they take a piss in the bottle break after death.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've backtracked three pages... but I can't seem to figure out what's going on...

Did a patch drop today? Did something happen?

why all the drama, guys

Rize_21

The skulls on the ground. Actually sometimes revive is bad because the person is about to respawn 2 feet away anyway lol.

It's never a bad decision to use revive, it charges too fast imo, and you can be sure I'd rez you even if you were "2 feets away" from spawn, keeping that pressure> waiting 10 seconds for you to comeback.

Skulls should have some opacity to help us figuring out the distance, it sucks when you expect an important rez and only 2 and a half peons are coming back to life.

Kill feed/skulls/paying attention to the battle in general

The game can't make up for a general lack of awareness.

What was this picture for? he's correct. It only shows X number of downed allies and that's within a 15 radius doesn't even have to be LoS. I'm more surprised by the amount of people that just stand in one spot and do nothing after a mass res like they take a piss in the bottle break after death.
I'm making a joke at Pankaks' expense because even in an FPS, he can't get away from playing supports :^)

spiritfox

It's never a bad decision to use revive, it charges too fast imo, and you can be sure I'd rez you even if you were "2 feets away" from spawn, keeping that pressure> waiting 10 seconds for you to comeback.

Skulls should have some opacity to help us figuring out the distance, it sucks when you expect an important rez and only 2 and a half peons are coming back to life.

Except if you just immediately die again after the rez you're just adding additional seconds to your respawn. Sometimes I just want to get back to spawn so I can change heroes.

Pancakes

Kill feed/skulls/paying attention to the battle in general

The game can't make up for a general lack of awareness.

You're missing the point completely. Yea I know 3 teammates are dead. You don't know whose skull belongs to who. How far I need to move in one direction to get one more rez etc etc. I'm not blind to the souls and skull, jesus guys. I just wish we had distances and portraits with the ult.

I'm making a joke at Pankaks' expense because even in an FPS, he can't get away from playing supports :^)

I only play support because everyone else seems to suck at it :^).

MartyStu

So I just pulled a clutch win with Bastion.

So defense on Gibraltar, my team sucked and we were having a really hard time stopping their fairly effective Widow.

Toward the last stretch I was unwilling to go to sleep with a loss, so I used bastion for the first time. Had a hell of a time learning him. Died twice.

On the third life, they'd just cleared the last checkpoint. I found myself a nice corner and I started to rain death. To their credit, the other team was smart and they their widow and Pharah started gunning for me.

Not sure how other Bastions play, but I started hopping between 3 - 4 separate spots, playing pickaboo with their Pharah and self healing and popping out of turret mode when they had my number. At one point, I just got fed up and hunted down and exterminated their widow.

We won. I feel like I played well with the tool I chose and it is their fault for not properly countering a barely defended Bastion.

That said, why do I feel so dirty?

Except if you just immediately die again after the rez you're just adding additional seconds to your respawn. Sometimes I just want to get back to spawn so I can change heroes.
What if you were a part of a res that brought two other guys who helped push the enemies back, but you died instantly, would you say that was a bad revive? It's not the end of the world if you have to wait longer. I understand if you were the only one being revived and it just got you killed, I can see why that would be frustrating, but I feel you're not looking at the full picture and just saying "he got me killed again, he sucks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom