• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing my jump button from X to L3 was a game changer. Now I can actually avoid getting at at, jumping around like a madman as I fire against the opposition. Extremely handy for D.va's human form.

mollipen

I don't know what Mercys expect me to do for them. I can't see if they're taking damage and I don't think I can hear it.

Here's one of my biggest complaints: I see teammate fighting enemy player. I run over to help heal and boost them. Enemy player decides to focus on me first. Teammates runs off to look for someone else to fight. AAARRGGGHHH.

For me, it's just having a little concern making sure your Mercy is okay. Not saying to spend all your time checking on me, but if you know an enemy is right around you and you are getting attacked at all, give a thought to the fact that Mercy might be in trouble at that moment.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Double Pharah on every enemy team now that Widow and McCree(both hitscan good for countering Pharah at any range) got nerfed. Been playing a lot of Soldier to compensate.

Oh and the hitbox on hook must be huge. Widow popped ult and I could see this guy standing behind a corner so I threw the hook right at the very edge and it grabbed him even when I couldn't see any of his model other than via infravision. Bet he was pissed, lol.

Prosopon

I played a few games as Lúcio, as some people in this thread suggested, and it was a lot of fun. I feel like I can get into Overwatch in a way that I couldn't with other games.

spiritfox

What if you were a part of a res that brought two other guys who helped push the enemies back, but you died instantly, would you say that was a bad revive? It's not the end of the world if you have to wait longer. I understand if you were the only one being revived and it just got you killed, I can see why that would be frustrating, but I feel you're not looking at the full picture and just saying "he got me killed again, he sucks."

I didn't say that there were other people. I have seen single revives that have amounted to nothing, and I have seen mass revives that turned the tide of battle. I'm just saying that not all revives are automatically good.

If you want to play Genji or Lucio with any efficacy, it is almost required.

Didn't have time to play as them, but yeah I can totally see myself actually using Genji a lot more now. Took a minute to get used to the change, but once I began using it automatically as soon as anyone began firing at me, I knew it had clicked.

It's never a bad decision to use revive, it charges too fast imo, and you can be sure I'd rez you even if you were "2 feets away" from spawn, keeping that pressure> waiting 10 seconds for you to comeback.

Skulls should have some opacity to help us figuring out the distance, it sucks when you expect an important rez and only 2 and a half peons are coming back to life.

I very much, strongly disagree. There are a ton of reasons why revive can be a bad decision. Hell, I see it every day with mercys lacking strong judgment in it's usage. Once the opponent team knows your revive is down, they can just go ham. You won't have enough time to recharge the ult. In many situations, it is better to play a player down and have your revive to recover from a near wipe.

It also doesn't take 10 seconds to walk from spawn to the front line on every map. That downtime is not even necessarily the worst thing if the alternate is being revived in a situation where you just die anyway, or if you're trying to change heroes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Double Pharah on every enemy team now that Widow and McCree(both hitscan good for countering Pharah at any range) got nerfed. Been playing a lot of Soldier to compensate.

Oh and the hitbox on hook must be huge. Widow popped ult and I could see this guy standing behind a corner so I threw the hook right at the very edge and it grabbed him even when I couldn't see any of his model other than via infravision. Bet he was pissed, lol.

Pharah would still get shot out of the sky by mccree and widow. Mccree especially because the thing he needs to take a pharah down wasn't nerfed.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Pharah would still get shot out of the sky by mccree and widow. Mccree especially because the thing he needs to take a pharah down wasn't nerfed.

She would if people still played them. You know how most people who favor a particular hero stop playing it when it is nerfed, at least for the first day or two. :)

I'm not making a prediction on double Pharah, I'm making a report. Saw it just about every game so far this evening.

barely gotten any legendaries, and im now rank 63. Just finally pulled another one, and its a duplicate of one I already got. only worth 200 credits

fixed%2Bsmile.gif

McCree and Widow both got minor nerfs. They're still the best choices against Pharah.

If anything, McCree is better against flying Pharahs now thanks to the reload buff. Widow can still headshot or double bodyshot her like before.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to play Genji or Lucio with any efficacy, it is almost required.

I mapped jump to L1 and that ability to L3 for all characters. Very comfortable for characters like Genji or Lucio, and nice for aiming while staying mobile.

The only issue I can think of is where you'd use L3 a lot in quick succession (like with Tracer), but I don't play her too often.

Apt101

I bought this game on a whim after getting bored during a TF2 session. Holy god this game is perfect. Every character I've tried is fun to play and they all seem perfectly balanced. Blizzard is setting a new bar in arena shooters and it's really, really high compared to literally all of the competition. And the art - it's so wonderful.

I think I like Mei the best. She's actually a tough cookie in close quarters, can buy her team some time or shut down a sniper for a moment with her ice wall, and can wreck anyone if she gets in close enough to freeze them. Her ultimate also annihilates anyone in range. Loving her.

My second favorite I guess is Tracer. She's able to ambush people with such ease and handle three or four opponents at once. I am not that great with her but I have spectated far better players using her and she can wreck a team in no time.

Best $60 I've spent in a long time on a game. I even purchased ten loot crates because why not? There's some really cool stuff in them.

Finally got to Lv. 101, was hoping for a great loot box but I got underwhelming stuff as usual.

There are people near Lv. 200 already, so I guess I am too slow.

grats. i just got to lvl 65 lol
won a game. that's it for the night. don't want to go to sleep a loser.

Zaventem

Not sure if this has been discussed much but am i the only one that thinks some of the weapon sounds are really lacking? Really apparent with the shotguns if you played a shooter with one recently.

Majine

Banned
Sometimes I am too nice...

Like when I choose a character,then someone else picks the same and it usually ends with me switching.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sometimes I am too nice...

Like when I choose a character,then someone else picks the same and it usually ends with me switching.

More like you want to have a good match. I do the same
and then still lose

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck

"We're All Soldiers Now" is a Huge Clusterfuck

I can't stop laughing at all this chaos
Fuck me

5+ games no one has gotten Ultimate yet lol
Won all 5 so far

Dr. Buni

You spend more time coming back from spawn point than actually fighting on the objective on this week's brawl. I think it is pretty terrible :/

Majine

Banned
I want to see Brawls being as crazy as Hearthstone brawls.

12 player co-op against a common foe, Genji tennis. Or something.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Its hilarious no one has pulled off a super yet in the weekly

So fucking slow lol

I need 12 Roadhogs next week

Hog Wild, but reverse all the nerfs put into this weeks

I hate putting in work to defend a point A, then with less than 5 seconds left you die defending the objective but the rest of your team is alive, and yet by the time you respawned instead of winning your entire team is dead and now you have to defend point B. Makes me feel like if I'd only survived five more seconds we could have won.

P.S. The same thing happened at point B. Argh.

Pastry

Banned
Lucille is so overpowered it's dumb as shit. Just played a game where he stopped the entire payload for six minutes by jumping off walls and running in circles while healing himself. He moves too fast to hit with a controller. Fucking stupid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lucille is so overpowered it's dumb as shit. Just played a game where he stopped the entire payload for six minutes by jumping off walls and running in circles while healing himself. He moves too fast to hit with a controller. Fucking stupid.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom