• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lucille is so overpowered it's dumb as shit. Just played a game where he stopped the entire payload for six minutes by jumping off walls and running in circles while healing himself. He moves too fast to hit with a controller. Fucking stupid.
6 minutes? lmafo

Nori Chan

Lucille is so overpowered it's dumb as shit. Just played a game where he stopped the entire payload for six minutes by jumping off walls and running in circles while healing himself. He moves too fast to hit with a controller. Fucking stupid.

Reinhard hammer swing

gg

legbone

tried some new characters tonight.

i tried winston, reaper, and junkrat. i don't really know what i'm doing with winston and reaper. just did the best i could though. did get my first potg tonight. felt really good. rolled a junkrat tire into a group of three and then killed another fool that was rounding the corner. i have about five hours in the game so far, at level 9. i suck, but i'm having so much fun. i don't know how blizzard did it, but they made a game that i suck at that i enjoy. i thought only zipper could do that.

Dr. Buni

Agreed, they should've atleast increased movement speed.
Or just revert Soldier's HP to 200, not sure why they thought giving him only 100 HP was a good idea.
He is fine on PC. Just wish hooking him as Roadhog wasn't a bug mess.

Finaika

lucyhide.gif

More like you want to have a good match. I do the same
and then still lose

I had enough of it today and vented off on a shitty
Hanzo
. I got into the lobby/group/server first, chose Widow because we actually need her to push and counter certain characters. Shitlord gets into the lobby and picks Hanzo and sticks with him until we spawned. I nicely changed to Lucio (and foreshadowed my rant by telling them "FFS" and changed to Lucio) , and we were doing really well until the last point where a Bastion was destroying my team and almost killing me a couple of times.

The Hanzo was picking off kills in the back; I had to blind-side him from long range and he died--we won that one. I typed in the chat that our useless sniper should take the Bastion out next time, so he starts getting defensive and saying shit like he got most eliminations and objective time (bullshit obviously).

We lost a REALLY fast match just now because no one wanted to pick a healer (two turret dwarf guys). I will play less and subtly wait for ranked; the more you enjoy and understand the game, the more your salt-tolerance decreases when you see basic bullshit happening. The game is really addicting though, and I can't wait to see future events/tournaments where we can see actual high-level play--the community still needs time I think.

labx

Banned
I'm struggling with 4 heroes right now. Widowmaker, Winston, Tracer and Roadhog. They are difficult to master (for me)

I'm struggling with 4 heroes right now. Widowmaker, Winston, Tracer and Roadhog. They are difficult to master (for me)

Widow: Get better at knowing the maps and when to actually pick her. Prioritize certain targets e.g Mercy, Bastion, Pharah..,etc. Most importantly, move and practice aiming against the A.I.

Winston: Don't misunderstand his role; he is not a complete tank (have someone cover your ass). He is great at dashing in, laying his shield and taking out weak characters (and even tanks) with his AOE-like weapon. He isn't the go-to tank; I found him effective in payload attack (learned to retreat when I have to the hard way) and attack the objective kind of misions.

I haven't gotten much into Tracer and Roadhog; I tried the later and I did okay. Hog is great against Rein from my experience of playing Rein.

6 minutes sounds like long enough to switch to Winston

labx

Banned
Widow: Get better at knowing the maps and when to actually pick her. Prioritize certain targets e.g Mercy, Bastion, Pharah..,etc. Most importantly, move and practice aiming against the A.I.

Winston: Don't misunderstand his role; he is not a complete tank (have someone cover your ass). He is great at dashing in, laying his shield and taking out weak characters (and even tanks) with his AOE-like weapon. He isn't the go-to tank; I found him effective in payload attack (learned to retreat when I have to the hard way) and attack the objective kind of misions.

I haven't gotten much into Tracer and Roadhog; I tried the later and I did okay. Hog is great against Rein from my experience of playing Rein.

yes.. I practiced with the A.I with Widowmaker and was fine... Not great, but fun... but with real people is another level... Because they search those sniper spots.

mbpm1

the difference between console and pc is mad

exemp30

We lost a REALLY fast match just now because no one wanted to pick a healer (two turret dwarf guys). I will play less and subtly wait for ranked; the more you enjoy and understand the game, the more your salt-tolerance decreases when you see basic bullshit happening. The game is really addicting though, and I can't wait to see future events/tournaments where we can see actual high-level play--the community still needs time I think.
Hope you don't mind me but did you try switching to a healer? I know it's possible you may just not be good at using Mercy but sometimes I just change to a character needed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

yes.. I practiced with the A.I with Widowmaker and was fine... Not great, but fun... but with real people is another level... Because they search those sniper spots.

That's why you have to keep moving and not stick in the same place for an extended period of time. The grappling hook is one of the best mobility options, and your poison trap is a good way of detecting approaching enemies. Also don't be scared of switching to your assault rifle instead. It's amazingly powerful and you should be able to take care of most approaching enemies.

With Roadhog the most important part is learning how far your hook's range is, and how to aim it at the squishier supports/DPS characters.

Hope you don't mind me but did you try switching to a healer? I know it's possible you may just not be good at using Mercy but sometimes I just change to a character needed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I always switch to support/healer and I do well. I couldn't switch in this match because I was one of the two offensive characters. The two Torbjorn players were persistent about their pick.

Yeah practice can give you bad habits when you are destroying the A.I. If your aim is really great, you probably have an issue with your positioning or acting defensively (grappling away, picking healing items and sticking to teammates). I don't know what your specific problem is. Is it dying a lot? Not getting enough kills? Enemies just keep getting through the area/choke point? Just keep on playing her and watch good Widow players if you are still struggling.

Onivulk

Banned
http://imgur.com/ni7A3Xq

Im starting to feel really burnt out. How does anyone avoid this? I never want to support again.

I've had plenty of games where we've also had no tank and thus I play roadhog to self-sustain.

Edit: apparently cant figure out images!

labx

Banned
I always switch to support/healer and I do well. I couldn't switch in this match because I was one of the two offensive characters. The two Torbjorn players were persistent about their pick.

Yeah practice can give you bad habits when you are destroying the A.I. If your aim is really great, you probably have an issue with your positioning or acting defensively (grappling away, picking healing items and sticking to teammates). I don't know what your specific problem is. Is it dying a lot? Not getting enough kills? Enemies just keep getting through the area/choke point? Just keep on playing her and watch good Widow players if you are still struggling.

Not enough kills... I think the aiming with the A.I is way more easy that with humans.

Weekly Brawl is surprisingly entertaining.

At the very least there's no bitching that nobody's playing X role or you didn't play your Y role "correctly" according to some salty douchebag on your team.

Ummmmm I hit him all the time.
PS4

Not enough kills... I think the aiming with the A.I is way more easy that with humans.

Always charge fully and go for headshots. Make things easier by understanding the maps and attack/rushing patterns of the other teams (and players in general). It is easier to lineup shots in a corridor/straight line. Also, don't just manually aim and follow people with your reticle; position it in from of them and move sideways with your keyboard/stick NOT mouse (lower mouse sensitivity).

Weekly Brawl is surprisingly entertaining.

At the very least there's no bitching that nobody's playing X role or you didn't play your Y role "correctly" according to some salty douchebag on your team.

Don't worry. Once we get Ranked mode, we will see you less (hopefully). You will probably get bored with the game by then because you don't want to improve your teamwork.

labx

Banned
Always charge fully and go for headshots. Make things easier by understanding the maps and attack/rushing patterns of the other teams (and players in general). It is easier to lineup shots in a corridor/straight line. Also, don't just manually aim and follow people with your reticle; position it in from of them and move sideways with your keyboard/stick NOT mouse (lower mouse sensitivity).

Don't worry. Once we get Ranked mode, we will see you less (hopefully). You will probably get bored with the game by then because you don't want to improve your teamwork.

Yes I will try to lower the stick sensibility. The main is to "quick". So I can't aim right because its off almost every time.

I most confess, I'm feeling burned out with this game. The game is awesome but the frustration curb is real. Between the lot boxes and the overpower heroes the game is starting to feel dull.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes I will try to lower the stick sensibility. The main is to "quick". So I can't aim right because its off almost every time.

I most confess, I'm feeling burned out with this game. The game is awesome but the frustration curb is real. Between the lot boxes and the overpower heroes the game is starting to feel dull.

I am definitely seeing a lot less people on lately, myself included. I mean it could be e3, or it could be the euro cup... but it could also be the game (it is in my case) >_>

SupaNaab

I'm no master but /shrug

Tracer // Empty the guns and blink while reloading. Don't just blink forward because you have 8 possible routes and pretty much no one expects diagonal blinks.If you take any damage or expect enemies to shoot at you anyway, just recall out before you're insta-gibbed. If you take any damage and it can't be recalled you pretty much have to find a heal. Try to attach the ultimate to a hero because they run to friends but otherwise just throw it in a group and recall or blink out.

Roadhog // His ideal combo is Alt fire -> Hook -> Primary fire -> Melee. Squishy or damaged characters won't require the alt fire starter or melee finish. Try to hook supports with corner peaking. I think his ultimate is a bit lackluster but use it for environment kills and to push people out (I think its better at controlling space than actual damage unless you can corner someone). Otherwise his alt fire does great medium range dmg and its nice for Reinhardt shield.

Haven't gotten the chance to play today, is Widowmaker noticeably less insane now?

No more free one hit kills on 150HP characters is the big thing. I've seen more Zenyattas tonight than I ever have.

Beyond that, she can't quickscope/rescope like before. I never ran into any Widows doing it but I don't feel a major difference there myself (most played character FWIW). Her ult charges slower which is very noticeable.

So basically, she's still great but a little harder and less oppressive.

Blizzard

Banned
Roadhog // His ideal combo is Alt fire -> Hook -> Primary fire -> Melee. Squishy or damaged characters won't require the alt fire starter or melee finish.
Does this still work? Someone posted earlier that it didn't work anymore, but I haven't seen any confirmation yes/no. I'm assuming it should be unchanged.

Then again, I've also heard that Tracer can rewind while / directly after being grabbed, so I don't know who to believe.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
No more free one hit kills on 150HP characters is the big thing. I've seen more Zenyattas tonight than I ever have.

Beyond that, she can't quickscope/rescope like before. I never ran into any Widows doing it but I don't feel a major difference there myself (most played character FWIW). Her ult charges slower which is very noticeable.

So basically, she's still great but a little harder and less oppressive.

That's good to hear, Widowmaker was one of the biggest funsuckers of this game.

eek5

Does this still work? Someone posted earlier that it didn't work anymore, but I haven't seen any confirmation yes/no. I'm assuming it should be unchanged.

Then again, I've also heard that Tracer can rewind while / directly after being grabbed, so I don't know who to believe.

The trick is to press W and hold down left click after your hook connects then right after you shoot hit melee. It still works but it's possible to mess the combo up too. From the perspective of someone that gets hooked, I've noticed that my survival chances go way up when I hit back as soon as I get hooked. Right when I can move again I'm back peddling and the melee misses.

There needs to be a rule that mercy can't ult until 10 seconds after respawn and having left spawn. It's way too cheesy to sit in spawn at a control point, where you're immune to damage, to then fly out and revive everyone.

Dragner

There needs to be a rule that mercy can't ult until 10 seconds after respawn and having left spawn. It's way too cheesy to sit in spawn at a control point, where you're immune to damage, to then fly out and revive everyone.

If the opp team is a bit smart they can back up a lil to keep mercy out of flying range.

Banzai

Widow nerfs? Hell yes.

Honestly, I've been having a tough time in the game lately. I think my mmr is too high. I was destroying everything for the first week and then it got harder and harder. It'll be interesting to see where I end up in ranked play.

My stats are getting worse and worse too. I used to have twice as many final blows as deaths. Now I don't have twice as many elimations. Although, that is definitely partly because I keep choosing support characters to fill the slot.

I'm lv48:
55.2% winrate
3542 eliminations
1961 final blows
1908 deaths

Not that great.

If the opp team is a bit smart they can back up a lil to keep mercy out of flying range.

That really won't work. If you don't kill them fast enough they just train in 1 by 1. They aren't gonna pursue you because it's control and they know mercy has ult so they stick in a relatively smaller area. The fk'd up part is that we already had 2 ticks captured so I'm certain by the time revive hit it was probably 95% completed.

I also remember at one point she couldn't fly to dead bodies. They've buffed mercy a lot over the course of CBT. And they nerfed zenyatta and symmetra. Funny, but there is a reason why supports are the state they are in.

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried McCree and Tracer can apparently rewind out of stun animation, mid fan-the-hammer. :( Stun definitely played first. Either that or the stun is short than I'm expecting.

peakish

Widow nerfs? Hell yes.

Honestly, I've been having a tough time in the game lately. I think my mmr is too high. I was destroying everything for the first week and then it got harder and harder. It'll be interesting to see where I end up in ranked play.

My stats are getting worse and worse too. I used to have twice as many final blows as deaths. Now I don't have twice as many elimations. Although, that is definitely partly because I keep choosing support characters to fill the slot.

I'm lv48:
55.2% winrate
3542 eliminations
1961 final blows
1908 deaths

Not that great.
I mean, K/D doesn't mean anything if you're doing your job. Stats aren't great or bad without a proper context. No reason to even think of them.

If you want to see if you're doing relatively better or worse you'll have to check your stats for individual characters.

Well, Zen clicked for me tonight, probably thanks in no small part to that Widow nerf. He's hard as fuck to play but easily the most rewarding of the healers. And such a departure from Lucio, my shots DO DAMAGE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom