• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

ok, played the game more. Some massive, glaring problems. Some balance issues that are so atrocious it makes me wonder. Anyways. Still better than other arena shooters. But lord Jesus. Some of these balance issues make me think the balance team should, I dunno, spend their time trying to graduate high school again.

are you after the origins edition or whatever it's called? i just bought the base version direct from blizz for £29.99 in the end.

Yikes. I am only level 10 and would give away one of mine if I could :( I thought there were supposed to be automatic "pity" legendaries if you hadn't gotten one by 40?

I wish. I went ahead and bought one for 1000 :<

ok, played the game more. Some massive, glaring problems. Some balance issues that are so atrocious it makes me wonder. Anyways. Still better than other arena shooters. But lord Jesus. Some of these balance issues make me think the balance team should, I dunno, spend their time trying to graduate high school again.

Anything specific that's got you worked up?

ISOM

I feel like ranked play will get rid of a lot of the dumbassery I experience with randoms. Although in it's place will be abuse from teammates. Can't wait.

Apt101

Anything specific that's got you worked up?

Many characters take ten seconds to kill someone, with no added utility. Others kill in a mouse click. Add in extra abilities. It is extremely problematic in many maps. Most of the time it doesn't matter because things tend to even out in arena shooters, but in close matches it favors the worst kinds of players.

Maximo

Game seems pretty balanced to me, Most Heros has a few counters to them.

ISOM

Many characters take ten seconds to kill someone, with no added utility. Others kill in a mouse click. Add in extra abilities. It is extremely problematic in many maps. Most of the time it doesn't matter because things tend to even out in arena shooters, but in close matches it favors the worst kinds of players.

Every character has an advantage and disadvantage. You're basically complaining that every character should be the same and deal the same damage.

nbraun80

yeah that's still not very specific to what character's you mean, it seems pretty balanced to me so far, lvl 55.

SeanR1221

Joke post?

Apt101

Every character has an advantage and disadvantage. You're basically complaining that every character should be the same and deal the same damage.

well it's like this. The guy with the bow, Hanzo I think, has a gigantic hitbox and braindead U. I got 59 kills in a match, barely knowing what I was doing. Shoot around corners, make dragon, kill 5 people every 30 seconds.

On the flip side I played many support characters and could barely make an effort. Like 15 kills with Rein? Maybe 20 with Mei? And that was trying really, really hard.

The game favors offense to a massive fault. They need to walk it back big time. Hell I had like 59 kills with the Demoman dude my very first try.

This week's brawl would be perfect for you then. :)

well it's like this. The guy with the bow, Hanzo I think, has a gigantic hitbox and braindead U. I got 59 kills in a match, barely knowing what I was doing. Shoot around corners, make dragon, kill 5 people every 30 seconds.

On the flip side I played many support characters and could barely make an effort. Like 15 kills with Rein? Maybe 20 with Mei? And that was trying really, really hard.

The game favors offense to a massive fault. They need to walk it back big time. Hell I had like 59 kills with the Demoman dude my very first try.

So, not all characters are supposed to get kills. That should be obvious from the game's design.

Also, sick brags bro. 59 kills without knowing what you're doing? And you're getting a full team wipe every 30 seconds? Do you stream?

I really like this game, but the fact that it is basically 85% TF2 DNA is getting to me.

On one hand it is fun to play TF2 with new characters. On the other hand, I've already played like 1000 hours of TF2. Also, TF2 has a mode with more than one control point and a server browser.

I'll definitely start playing again when they add new characters, maps, and modes, though.

Jito

Banned

Ranking characters based on how many kills they can get bahahaha so Mercy is super unbalanced right?

You're approaching the game so wrong.

Apt101

This week's brawl would be perfect for you then. :)

So, not all characters are supposed to get kills. That should be obvious from the game's design.

Also, sick brags bro. 59 kills without knowing what you're doing? And you're getting a full team wipe every 30 seconds? Do you stream?

I'm not bragging, obviously, I'm highlighting some major flaws. Why in the world should I be able to get like 5 achievements and nearly 60 kills just holding down the left mouse button? While I struggle with support characters? This is a super massive flaw.

SeanR1221

That's because support players are supporting, not killing.

Whats your username btw. Interested in seeing your stats.

ISOM

I don't know what to say. Most people don't have that many kills with Hanzo on a daily basis and the same for Junkrat. I mean it's an arena based shooter obviously some classes are going to be able to kill easier than others. That's just the style of the game. Not everyone can play offense though because you will inevitably lose matches to teams who are balanced with support and tank characters on their team. The game is very balanced in that single characters who have high elimination games can't really carry teams against good competition. The game is balanced for the most part and maybe you need to spend more time with it.

Edit: I'm sure you're lying about that 59 kills. I've watched great Hanzo players not get that much. SMH for responding to your post.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you get 59 kills all the time you must be doing something wrong because the game shouldn't have lasted that long.

A wild expert on class shooters appears! Letting us know how much more he knows about it than the Blizzard staff that compared to him/her are just school kids

ElyrionX

MM will be based on rank. The higher your rank the better. Good players will get higher rank. Crappy players will be lower rank. So, yeah, it will be better, cause that's how ranked works, people also take it more seriously, especially if blizz decides to add a reward system to ranked.

I played in the High and sometimes Very High skill brackets back when I was playing Dota. The shenanigans happen at all skill levels.

Also here's the secret about the current Quick Play. It *already* matchmakes based on MMR/rank. It's just not visible. Surprise!

I think he's saying that most people are in for a rude awakening as to how high their skill level actually is. ;)

Lol

And then go straight back to bitching about the healer and picks of their teammates.

Lol this as well.

I'm not bragging, obviously, I'm highlighting some major flaws. Why in the world should I be able to get like 5 achievements and nearly 60 kills just holding down the left mouse button? While I struggle with support characters? This is a super massive flaw.
Maybe you need to get better with support characters?

This isn't TDM. Also talking about balance after complaining about Hanzo pretty much invalidates your point.

Apt101

EDIT: Never mind, disappointed in myself for responding to an obvious joke post.

Yea it was close. I know it sounds weird but I scored 59 kills in three or four straight matches so the number stuck with me. Don't believe me if you want, not like it matters.

Stats or it didn't happen.

ISOM

Yea it was close. I know it sounds weird but I scored 59 kills in three or four straight matches so the number stuck with me. Don't believe me if you want, not like it matters.

You can go screenshot your stat page. Let's see the 59 kill number.

Son Of D

Lucille is so overpowered it's dumb as shit. Just played a game where he stopped the entire payload for six minutes by jumping off walls and running in circles while healing himself. He moves too fast to hit with a controller. Fucking stupid.

Winston can shut Lucio down pretty fast if he's doing that. Or a Reinhardt getting in close to swing the hammer. Soldier has some steady aim too so he should be able to hit Lucio.

Apt101

Yea I am definitely not revealing my BN account so guys can relentlessly harass me, but if you want to discuss what we're actually discussing I am game.

If you're good enough to rack up that many kills, it's fair to assume you're competent at gaming, at the very least. And if you're competent at gaming, it's fair to assume you'd understand that characters have different roles in this game - damage, defence, tank, support.

That you can get 59 kills in four straight matches but not understand why support's firepower isn't as good as Hanzo/Junkrat is baffling and reflects on your critical thinking, not Blizzard's balance.

Apt101 said:
Yea I am definitely not revealing my BN account so guys can relentlessly harass me, but if you want to discuss what we're actually discussing I am game.

You could go to masteroverwatch.com and screenshot the relevant part of your stats that doesn't show your account name. But we know you won't do that either.

jeemer

I don't have a PC capable of running such a game, PS4 only has one option at 70&#8364;. Kind of ridiculous.

Ah sorry, tunnel visioned without thinking of other platforms cause I only found out about that deal this week.

I wish. I went ahead and bought one for 1000 :<

Damn :(

Is there any word on if we'll eventually be able to trade or sell dupes or unwanted items eventually?

ISOM

You don't have to reveal anything. You can screenshot your career profile that doesn't give any info away. You made a ridiculous claim and should be able to back it up.

Jito

Banned

You've ignored plenty of people who did respond without hounding you over kills. It's like you don't understand that all the characters aren't meant to be going for kills, it's a team based objective game, not team death match.

You could just screenshot your stat page and blank out your name.

People don't believe what you're saying and think you're trolling so until you prove something they're probably not going discuss anything with you.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy with the patch, it has shown me they can balance without overdoing it. I've just tried Widow and McCree after getting the patch (apparently I didn't have it last night) and they both feel much more fair. I play a lot of McCree and you actually have to *gasp* hit your shots now with FtH to kill people, whereas you could miss half before.

Lol, this guy.

Random guy on forum comes out of nowhere and randomly claims the game has severe balancing issues that everyone else missed, though guy himself clearly doesn't even understand the point of the game. Refuses to back up his stats because he's obviously exaggerating and did nowhere near as good as he claimed. Refuses to respond to discussions other users are trying to start, but keeps on asking for discussions anyway. Guy is probably clueless on actual statistics too.

Mupod

Man I hope the D-Va buffs significantly change up her playstyle. I have had amazing luck with D-Va skins, emotes, intros etc...and I can't stand playing as her. I'd rather use Winston for every single occasion she might be useful.

Meanwhile Symmetra is all defaults and I am apparently some kind of Symmetra savant. Ridiculous win rate and get POTG hilariously often due to my extreme aggression with her beam (when my teleporter is alive)

kyle-777-

Which balance issues are you talking about?

Edit: I am sorry, did not refresh the page, now I see what you were talking about.

The game do not favor offensive characters, if you go a full yolo team 6 offensive you will probably lose, unless the enemy team is bad.

How much time did you spend with the game?

Edit2:

Welp maybe I fell for the troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom