• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

Can we charge up the laser before using it? I think I'm using her wrong cuz it seems to take longer for me to kill guys up close with her.
The laser stays charged for a brief time after you kill someone with it. I have killed multiple opponents in a row with her because they never expect the laser to melt them that fast. Oh and I think you charge it on opponent Mei's walls?
Symmetra is so good on Anubis.
She is great in a lot of maps!

MUnited83

For you.
Can we charge up the laser before using it? I think I'm using her wrong cuz it seems to take longer for me to kill guys up close with her.

You can only charge it when using it sadly. You need to flank and try to surprise attack someone.

LiK

The laser stays charged for a brief time after you kill someone with it. I have killed multiple opponents in a row with her because they never expect the laser to melt them that fast. Oh and I think you charge it on opponent Mei's walls?
She is great in a lot of maps!

You can only charge it when using it sadly. You need to flank and try to surprise attack someone.

Ok, guess I shouldn't bother holding L2 now when I use it lol.

I have 1000g and I am not sure what skin to buy. I am torn between Abominable Mei and Devil Mercy. From the characters I play the most they are the only ones I don't have good skins yet (I have Firefighter Mei but it looks hideous).

Abominable was the first skin I bought with coin. No regrets. Second skin I bought was D.Va's Junker. Also no regrets.

Next up is Valkyrie Mercy or Zenyatta Ifrit.

Has anyone gotten their 10 dollar credit for pre-ordering at best buy with gcu? 20 days was Monday and still haven't seen mine.

Their entire points system is on the fritz. They were attempting a system overhaul that has gone way longer than anticipated. No one is getting reward zone points for anything at the moment, but I've been assured that once the work is complete, then we should receive all the points that we are due.

Dr. Buni

Ok, guess I shouldn't bother holding L2 now when I use it lol.
Keep spamming her laser ball thing in choke points when there are no opponents nearby/no turrets to be placed. It is not great for 1v1, since it is extremely slow, but it is nice for area denial, since it does a lot of damage and the radius is fairly big.
Abominable was the first skin I bought with coin. No regrets. Second skin I bought was D.Va's Junker. Also no regrets.

Next up is Valkyrie Mercy or Zenyatta Ifrit.
I have Djinyatta for Zen and B.Va for D.Va! I guess I am buying Abominable, I am just trying to get to Lv. 120 first, since it is fairly quick to go through the "first" levels again.
You're right and I really love countering her with Pharah as well. Fly over the first arch and round to the left. Drop in to the courtyard and blast away all the turrets.
And then you die after that. Anyways, only poor Symmetras will put all turrets together. They are better used as anti-flanking tool.

I need to play more Symmetra, my turret placement is a joke
I put them in areas that people tend to run through in a hurry, either to reach a health pack or to try and flank your team if they know you're defending.
It's not a big nerf really. She still plays pretty much exactly the same only without the one-hit kills for shooting Zenyatta or Tracer anywhere.
Oh, ok. I guess that's fine.

DrArchon

I need to play more Symmetra, my turret placement is a joke
I like to put them in the rooms that have big health packs in them, and I make sure to spread them out enough that one explosion won't take out all of them. I also make sure that once I kill someone in that room or they all get taken out I try to find another spot to put them. Turrets are most effective when the enemy is surprised and panicking about taking damage, so they can't focus on the turrets and take them out as quickly.

LiK

I try to place Symm turrets in slightly different areas cuz people tend to expect the turrets in some of the same locations so if you kinda spread a few of them in in unexpected areas nearby, that freaks them out.

also if youre playing symmetra please don't expose the turret. if i can see it from a mile away that you placed it on the corner of the door. please just switch heroes. and don't place it in a spot where i can spam rockets and it get its from the splash damage. but then again. keep doing it. youre not on my team lol.

kromeo

You're right and I really love countering her with Pharah as well. Fly over the first arch and round to the left. Drop in to the courtyard and blast away all the turrets.

The second defence point on that level is a nightmare to take with any set up if the other team is even half decent. The number of times I've seen the first point taken instantly then they comfortably hold B for 6 minutes...

I think that was done mostly for Zenyatta's benefit, as he has zero mobility and was dying to a single charged bodyshot from Widow, and buffing Zenyatta's health is risky. Tracer is still very much countered by heroes like McCree. In fact, we may not see McCree's popularity dwindle very much either in casual or comp, since Widow is now less effective against heroes like Tracer, while McCree is still the hard counter there.

McCree's tank-busting has been nerfed but, given the Widow nerfs, his value as an anti-flanker might be even greater now.

How does McCree counter Tracer? She dodges flashback and is constantly moving so Fan the Hammer usually won't hit. She also has a tiny hit box so headshots with his main fire are tough.

LiK

The new brawl is not fun in any way. Feels like some cheap B-tier shooter.

Brawl is just no fun in general aside from random heroes. It's supposed to be a dumb mode for fun and yet they put a lot of restrictions into it and you don't get any different rewards from participating.

kromeo

It's all Soldiers with 100hp and longer cooldowns, 2 games of it and I was done for the week

the mystery heroes was great, hope they add that as a permanent mode

Dr. Buni

Brawl is just no fun in general aside from random heroes. It's supposed to be a dumb mode for fun and yet they put a lot of restrictions into it and you don't get any different rewards from participating.
Shimada Bros was mildly amusing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nerf torjborn turrets pls
And friggin' bastion.... NERF THEM TO THE GROUND!! >8(

DrArchon

The new brawl is not fun in any way. Feels like some cheap B-tier shooter.

I'm going to assume the pattern for brawls is "Good -> Bad -> Good -> Bad" from now on, because Arcade mode and Mystery Heroes were both fantastic brawls but I can't give less of a shit about 76-only and Genji/Hanzo-only. Personally I think any brawl that limits the number of available heroes to such a ludicrous degree is going to suck. The whole point of Overwatch is the cast!

abundant

The second defence point on that level is a nightmare to take with any set up if the other team is even half decent. The number of times I've seen the first point taken instantly then they comfortably hold B for 6 minutes...

I found the most effective strategy to take point B on Anubis is to rush it the very second point A is captured. That way the Defending team doesn't have anytime to set up.

Mupod

My favorite Symmetra map is Hanamura, I like to put turrets by the 'window' and send orbs through the checkpoint. I got some double kills with one orb a few times last game, that's fun.

Anyways, I don't really get the D-Va as a tanky tracer thing people have latched on to. As far as I'm concerned the only thing D-Va is good for is taking control points on a big push with the group, where her ult and ability to eat up tons of incoming fire/ults comes in handy.

I guess she can take out turrets which the offensive flanking characters might have trouble with. But the problem is when you end up with a D-Va, Reaper, Tracer and Genji team and your Lucio or something is sitting there on the control point wondering why all of these idiots have spread out to four corners of the map.

I got teams like that a LOT yesterday somehow. The best one was when a level 12 locked in Genji immediately, then a 97 comes in and also picks Genji. Cue a huge hissy fit by the 97 about how the level 12 should switch characters. We were on defense too. I just left.

Dr. Buni

Nerf torjborn turrets pls
And friggin' bastion.... NERF THEM TO THE GROUND!! >8(
Bastion is one of the hardest heroes to be effective with if the opponent team has any idea of what they are doing. If anything they should buff it.

Torbjorn isn't even that good. Why do people ask for literally every defense hero to be nerfed is beyond me.

Pilgrimzero

Awful time playing last night. It's like people forgot how to play.

Worst game: we couldn't even get past the wrecked train cars at the start of Dorado.

Another game had us with 3 flavors of turrets to defend with and we still got butchered.

The only thing that frustrates me is when a Reinhardt decides to just be Bastion's personal shield. At that point you just have to hope that your team is willing to seriously coordinate, or just expect that you're going to die.

Azoor

My favorite Symmetra map is Hanamura, I like to put turrets by the 'window' and send orbs through the checkpoint. I got some double kills with one orb a few times last game, that's fun.

Anyways, I don't really get the D-Va as a tanky tracer thing people have latched on to. As far as I'm concerned the only thing D-Va is good for is taking control points on a big push with the group, where her ult and ability to eat up tons of incoming fire/ults comes in handy.

I guess she can take out turrets which the offensive flanking characters might have trouble with. But the problem is when you end up with a D-Va, Reaper, Tracer and Genji team and your Lucio or something is sitting there on the control point wondering why all of these idiots have spread out to four corners of the map.

I got teams like that a LOT yesterday somehow. The best one was when a level 12 locked in Genji immediately, then a 97 comes in and also picks Genji. Cue a huge hissy fit by the 97 about how the level 12 should switch characters. We were on defense too. I just left.

D.va can be a good flanker at times and she is great if you want to disrupt the opposing team. Especially in Gibraltar where she can fly around and flank the team easily.

Izayoi

Banned
What's a good place to watch current professional matches? At least on Youtube, a lot of the channels are uploading matches from months and months ago...

Zemm

D'va + Animefan420 =

Auctopus

Yeah, Pharah pretty much destroys capture point A unless the opposing team is pretty good. Ie. Decent Widowmaker and Torbjorn on the other side. But as soon as you get to B, it's very difficult to make moves without a decent team, the enemy spawn point is just so close.

They should make a permanent Brawl event with only Widowmakers to draw all the drek away from the main mode and keep them away.

I played a game yesterday with 3 Widows one of them was named "l33t" I am no lying here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom