• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Tied my record for elims today at 36. And before you freak out gaf, I also had gold in objective time.

I swear my Roadhog is the thing of legends.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I love the after match salt.

Especially people bitching about junkrat's bear trap.

Because it's the exact thing I bitch about too.

I understand some of the "new" complaints about Zenyatta. His range and damage are a bit inappropriate for someone of his role.

Anyway, the Widow hunting is real. I feel powerless whenever a reaper or a soldier starts hunting me and my teammates don't give a shit about sticking together. I even asked a Zenyatta player on my team to heal me when we were pushing the objective and he ignored me. I went a head and took out Bastion and solider and then their whole team started targeting me exclusively and I died because lol low HP. I feel like I will do better if I had a lower ping where I can use Widow's SMG and even get close range charged shots. She is still effective at her role, but she is not easy to use and brain-dead effective as before.

I am definitely seeing more Zenyatta players who think he is an offensive character. Every time I don't use a healer or Winston, we have a really high chance of losing. There was an instance of a great Mercy player who was very communicative and cooperative with my Pharah and Winston; we smashed the other team a couple of times.

Kuksune

I just got Mei's "Cold snap" trophy on hanamura against a joke team.

5 Reinhardts and one soldier 76.

They had just captured point A so i waited for them to gather by the arch to point B and walled it up so they had to wait in group.

I'm pretty satisfied with that.

Mupod

It's hilarious to me how I ALWAYS get POTG on symmetra. Maybe because the other team never makes it past point 1 when I play her (so the matches are short) and I go super aggressive with her beam.

I've only played her on KOTH once and it worked out great. But yeah most people would have a fucking aneurysm if I played her on KOTH while soloing so I don't bother. People go off on me all the time for playing Zenyatta even when I'm dominating.

Also on the subject of salt, after destroying the team I mentioned in my previous post, they actually accused me of somehow sabotaging them on purpose and that I was actually part of a 6 man group on the other team. Like the concept that the problem was them never entered their minds. They even started looking at my career stats and picking it apart.

I had a Route 66 attack this morning with a Tor and Widow who never switched despite the Widow being consistently outsniped by their Widow and the Tor's turrets getting pasted instantly or ignored completely. We made it right up to the last few meters but ultimately lost. Still, I look at it more as myself not being able to pick up enough slack than their problem.

Gold in elims/healing/obj time...

I understand some of the "new" complaints about Zenyatta. His range and damage are a bit inappropriate for someone of his role.

Anyway, the Widow hunting is real. I feel powerless whenever a reaper or a soldier starts hunting me and my teammates don't give a shit about sticking together. I even asked a Zenyatta player on my team to heal me when we were pushing the objective and he ignored me.

Snipers never get the orb. Never

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A dual healer comp with a good zenyatta is scary :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tied my record for elims today at 36. And before you freak out gaf, I also had gold in objective time.

I swear my Roadhog is the thing of legends.

Got my best of 40 today, I always play the objective so I'm happy with that. Been stuck on 39 for awhile now.

Ketch

People who stand outside the coke on the attack and never push forward piss me off so much.

reinhardt, I'm giving you a speed boost, just fucking run past them.

Nah dog, I'm gonna stand in the door with my shield up until they break it k?

Animator

It's hilarious to me how I ALWAYS get POTG on symmetra. Maybe because the other team never makes it past point 1 when I play her (so the matches are short) and I go super aggressive with her beam.

I've only played her on KOTH once and it worked out great. But yeah most people would have a fucking aneurysm if I played her on KOTH while soloing so I don't bother. People go off on me all the time for playing Zenyatta even when I'm dominating.

Also on the subject of salt, after destroying the team I mentioned in my previous post, they actually accused me of somehow sabotaging them on purpose and that I was actually part of a 6 man group on the other team. Like the concept that the problem was them never entered their minds. They even started looking at my career stats and picking it apart.

Symmetra's beam when fully charged up literally cuts through the entire enemy team if they are closeby. It is amazing.

I had a Route 66 attack this morning with a Tor and Widow who never switched despite the Widow being consistently outsniped by their Widow and the Tor's turrets getting pasted instantly or ignored completely. We made it right up to the last few meters but ultimately lost. Still, I look at it more as myself not being able to pick up enough slack than their problem.

Gold in elims/healing/obj time...

Snipers never get the orb. Never

Don't even ask me how I got it, and I wasn't even close. 150 ping might have something to do with it.

Our Mei blocked the team from contesting, I'm fucking done.

A Mei on my team blocked me from killing the other team's Mei when I almost had her.

People who stand outside the coke on the attack and never push forward piss me off so much.

For Overtime? Yeah you MUST do it as a tank. Otherwise, it is a meaningless suicidal attack. Your shield will break in less than a second and you will die faster, if the other team is there waiting for you. It is a bad strategy to rush forward after you spawn without your teammates, especially if you are a healer or a tank. Reinhardt's shield is useless if there is a Bastion, Pharah and Roadhog who are waiting for you to respawn and then shit on your shield when you go for the square or payload.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got the game!

1. I suck. (It might not just be me, I really need a good website that tells me which hero counters which one, if anyone has one)

2. I really need to play with GAF, I'll join one of the parties someday.

3. Fuck, the OT title is 100% accurate.

Permanently A

Drop those symmetra tips on me fam. After my initial sentry nest is destroyed I feel like I become pretty ineffective

It's great when you're zenyatta with a torb and a symm on your team. It leads to you having a total of 250 health, making you a dps God, because you don't have to worry about dying as much. Plus his 125 shield, which regents, goes in front of the armor, so to lose your temporary armor, you have to take a lot of damage. With this comp, zenyatta is unstoppable at range.

To be fair they might have been snorting it.

Drop those symmetra tips on me fam. After my initial sentry nest is destroyed I feel like I become pretty ineffective

Spread out your sentries, and don't be too concerned about having them do damage. They're there to pepper the enemies rather than killing them.

Hide them in super asshole places, e.g.: on ceilings, on top of doorways, near health packs, above the spawn doors of the attacking team, between obstacles.

Always place them so people have to look up or down to hit them, which allows you to delay them.

Mupod

I just play like a crazy idiot TF2 pyro and it all works out. Energy ball spam works great against Reinhardts but I'm always looking for my chance to get in and beam people. The beam charges up on anything you can shoot, including exploding D-Va mechs and Mei ice walls. So just build up that damage and melt everybody before they understand what's happening. I jump around really close to them and abuse this game's bad FOV so they can't track me in time to kill me.

If you get one cheeky early kill with the beam, that essentially pays for the teleporter even if you die. And once that's up you can play REALLY risky.

As for turret placement I spread them out in small groups of 2-3. My favorite spots are where flankers tend to run through, like the window on Hanamura. Overall I think I need to work on my turret use since I don't get kills with them all that often.

I've never thought of myself as a Symmetra player let alone a good one but she has by far my most consistent winrate. Of course that's partly because I tend to play her on defense, and I'll only pick her when I have a team that's in good shape healer/tank wise. Your average super shitter team just scrambles to pick Genjis and Reapers so I don't get to play Symmetra.

Gator86

If someone is playing Widow/Hanzo, and then you also pick Widow/Hanzo, you should immediately be booted out of the game and your copy of Overwatch should auto-uninstall and remove itself from your library.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Having a lot of fun with Zarya

giphy.gif

If someone is playing Widow/Hanzo, and then you also pick Widow/Hanzo, you should immediately be booted out of the game and your copy of Overwatch should auto-uninstall and remove itself from your library.

Double that if you ever pick torbjorn or bastion, especially on KOTH. As in, overwatch should be deleted from your brain's memory.

Woo-Fu

Banned
i mean im solo queueing and everything im reading saying much more than that is pretty unrealistic, dunno

It is. If you expect otherwise you have unrealistic expectations. Well, unless you're so much better than every player on Earth that you can carry an entire team when faced with the top 6 players ranked beneath you.

That's how MMR-based matchmaking works.

I swear most random Reinhardt players I run into do this. Just stand there with the shield and never allow us to push forward.

Even better are the ones that still have shield and just stop the shield, turn and run.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I swear most random Reinhardt players I run into do this. Just stand there with the shield and never allow us to push forward.

Even better are the ones that still have shield and just stop the shield, turn and run.

Dropping the shield before it breaks recharges faster than letting it be destroyed.

Apathy

haha, some dude calls me shit cause I picked junkrat and he had also picked him, telling me to switch cause hes not switching cause he picked it first. Told him I didn't care. we lose anubis A and goes over voice that I need to get better and calls me a pleb.

Finish the game, I get golds for elims, time on point, damage, completely trounce the guy and he still in chat goes to blame me for losing because I didn't switch. I just tell him that if he wants to shit talk he should at least be able to back it up, and maybe the junkrat that didn't get golds should have switched.

Dude left in a hurry

Haruko

Symmetra's turrets are there to:
- Have vision of the map. They get destroyed, you know enemies are coming from direction X.
- Delay/disrupt team movement by making enemies stop and take out your turrets.
- Harass a little bit.
- Slow down progress at chokepoints.
- Pick off low health people at health packs.

Since they're made of paper and don't do much damage unless you pack a few together in one place, they're honestly more of a tool for vision and slowing than raw damage.

Symmetra's beam gun and lightning ball are really great though.

so THIS is why they look like security cameras

Fuck, rough night. 4 wins 7 losses. So many close last second losses. Super frustrating. I was at 56% win rate last week and it's been sliding down ever since.

chidrock

Man...haven't played in 4 days and now it seems like every match is just my team being steamrolled bc my teams don't work together. I know i should find the gaf group, but I don't have much time and I usually have fun playing the pub matches...

Dirtbag

I've never met a more brain damaged player base in my life... till I hit quick play on ps4. Convinced most people don't have a clue what you are supposed to do. That you can shoot through a friendly shield, that you have unlimited ammo and should spam shots when you are junkrat or pharah, any basic under standing of your abilities.. it's unreal

R0ckman

I think some people just get caught in the moment and forget about how over time works and don't realize that its worth more keeping them from moving that inch than them living. Played a match where we were close to winning and I had a dead eye ready but none of my team members except a D.Va ever jumped on the point, I would have immediately melted if I had activated it as no one else was nearby to have them distracted on.

Some people also forget to look at the kill feed to see whats going on. I cleared most of a point B as Reaper yet my team still came in disorganized so a smooth steamroll turned into a loss.

So what happens is people see the enemy and think "Ooh, I have to kill them!" Rather than, "is this enemy a threat to completing my objective?"

eek5

haha, some dude calls me shit cause I picked junkrat and he had also picked him, telling me to switch cause hes not switching cause he picked it first. Told him I didn't care. we lose anubis A and goes over voice that I need to get better and calls me a pleb.

Finish the game, I get golds for elims, time on point, damage, completely trounce the guy and he still in chat goes to blame me for losing because I didn't switch. I just tell him that if he wants to shit talk he should at least be able to back it up, and maybe the junkrat that didn't get golds should have switched.

Dude left in a hurry

Hes an idiot. Double junkrat is the best!

Apathy

Still wish that when you switched heroes your ults would go down to half of whatever the older character had. That would actually promote switching. Right now people don't want to switch cause they go "oh I almost got my ult, i'll do it after" or "after i use my ult i'll switch" but they never use it cause they can't find the "perfect" 6 person team kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom