• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClCyCRfXIAAEAk3.jpg
Props to those to randoms for not leaving, but lol you guys are trolls, haha. This is too funny.

MUnited83

For you.
Have Dolby Atmos activated

Be Junkrat

Hear other Junkrat setting up a wheel in a rooftop nearby

Immediatelly turn to the direction of the source, throw a mine, destroy Junkrat's wheel in midair.

7ed.png

I love the sound design of this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Props to those to randoms for not leaving, but lol you guys are trolls, haha. This is too funny.

Pugs do it: "fucking shit matchmaking these fucking idiots locking 2 or more snipers"
Gaf does it: "oh you guys are hilarious"

:3

No_Style

It's amusing to see the strategies of level 20-30 matches when I solo vs the 70+ When I join GAF squads. Just a night and day difference in competency and what you can get away with.

i just realized i had the game locked at 30FPS for the longest time

when i took off FPS caps my aim suddenly went from garbage tier to god tier

XenoRaven

Dear Matchmaking,

Can you please, at some point today, put me in a match that's actually winnable, and not either a total steamroll where I start at the beginning of the game and get 3-4 gold medals, or one where I get shoved into a game in progress in which my team has not even defended the objective for a single second?

Your Friend,
Xeno

guy on our team. other team said ez gg. guy went crazy in chat. he ends up on the other team next round. we win. he gets salty again and i go ez on him LOL

back to 55%.
with 509 games.

looks like masteroverwatch.com is synching correctly with bnet.

Vitor711

So, anyone else feeling like Roadhog's hook needs to be fixed? Like, that sh*t is hard to hit. I shouldn't then have to worry about a Tracer getting pulled slightly to the right of me and thus screwing up my aim.

If you're above the enemy, the hook glitches out.

If you're below an enemy, the hook glitches out.

If the enemy runs partly behind a wall, the hook glitches out.

I've lost so many kills because it just won't bring them in centered. The weird thing is, I've seen good hooks pull people BEHIND me. It's maddening.

mbpm1

Sometimes they pull me through walls, but most of the time it feels like they just pull me into the wall and then I walk away

Having a lot of fun with my friend when playing Control point maps. I play as Lucio on them, and he plays Symmetra. Start of the game, i boost the speed to the control point. He gets a little extra time to set up his turrets and then things seem to always go our way from there. 6-0 currently in control maps using this strategy. Its real fun haha.

Gator86

Dear Matchmaking,

Can you please, at some point today, put me in a match that's actually winnable, and not either a total steamroll where I start at the beginning of the game and get 3-4 gold medals, or one where I get shoved into a game in progress in which my team has not even defended the objective for a single second?

Your Friend,
Xeno

Yup, just a loathesome day. I don't know how it's possible to be so bad at this game. Last game the whole team picked McCrees and I went Lucio on KOTH. We got rolled by a couple Winstons and Tracers with no healer, all characters that McCree hard counters

caa9f6d6c23babf5f9a1add2680433c5.500x333x21.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Having a lot of fun with my friend when playing Control point maps. I play as Lucio on them, and he plays Symmetra. Start of the game, i boost the speed to the control point. He gets a little extra time to set up his turrets and then things seem to always go our way from there. 6-0 currently in control maps using this strategy. Its real fun haha.

You must be very lucky in playing 6 straight games in a control map withouy the enemy team having a Lucio of their own which would completely negate your strategy.

I dont remember the last time I played a control map and both teams didnt have Lucio. Are you on console?

Skittles

Been messing around with mei the past few days and i've just been the most obnoxious little shit. Is there anything more satisfying than sniping a pharah out of the air, or ice walling an enemy reaper so he's stuck in a doorway while he ults?

You must be very lucky in playing 6 straight games in a control map withouy the enemy team having a Lucio of their own which would completely negate your strategy.

I dont remember the last time I played a control map and both teams didnt have Lucio. Are you on console?

Yea console

Noone on GAF wanted to play with my noob ass, so I played some pugs. Had lotsa fun as Reinhardt and Lucio, I think I'm gonna play those 2 a lot.

Had a win and a loss (not counting the match-in-progress losses I had), and a really clutch loss on King's Row defense where we literally lost in the last second. I blocked about 20k damage with Reinhardt in that match. Our Mercy only healed 4k. Still got more commendations than me. Feels bad man.

so THIS is why they look like security cameras

I suppose! :D

Been messing around with mei the past few days and i've just been the most obnoxious little shit. Is there anything more satisfying than sniping a pharah out of the air, or ice walling an enemy reaper so he's stuck in a doorway while he ults?
flash banging someone and right clicking :^)

Apathy

I am so sick and tired of getting into losing games right at the end. Fuck this matchmaking, just fucking put in if payload is x meters from end dont fill the fucking spot

I love how you guys always think it's your teammates that's the problem. You get 4 gold medals and think you carried a losing team. Funny how you guys never mention the games where you get 0 gold medals and someone else carries you. Stop whining so much.

It's the same shit every day seeing you guys whine about bad teammates. Half those games you're probably the bad teammate.

Right, a waste of time like sitting in a queue. And maybe a minute due to the end screens.

It's ultrashit if you sit in a queue for a while, load into a map, get immediately to the defeat screen, watch all the end screens and half of the players leave, so the game kicks you back out into the queue.

I love how you guys always think it's your teammates that's the problem. You get 4 gold medals and think you carried a losing team. Funny how you guys never mention the games where you get 0 gold medals and someone else carries you. Stop whining so much.

It's the same shit every day seeing you guys whine about bad teammates. Half those games you're probably the bad teammate.

I personally know that I'm not good, and I definitely can see where I go wrong (for instance in that King's Row loss I mentioned, I was getting a bit too cocky and overextended too much - but I'm not the only person to fault for that loss and it was pretty damn close), but I try my best keeping the class balance favourable and change heroes if I see it's not working, swapping from X to Y etc.

Many players however do not. In the straight up loss I had on Dorado, we had a Widowmaker and a Hanzo on offense(!). Widowmaker actually did okay and tried to push the payload when there was nobody, Hanzo was nowhere to be seen aside from the occasional failed ult, and neither was Genji. I don't think I've seen any other teammates aside from me, the Widow and the D.Va, and us three were pretty much pushing the load. But it wasn't enough for obvious reasons.

Apathy

It's not THAT big of a deal, it's not like you get a loss from it. I know it's annoying though.

I'm not going to stick around, I instantly quit and have to start the queue again. Clearly they lost because of something more than just 1 person leaving when the payload was 5m from the end. I am not sticking around to find out what it was.

All it does is frustrates people. if the payload is close to end, all the game has to do is not fill the spot and end, the team that needs the person is going to lose anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom