• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

There needs to be an XP bonus for filling the last slot with support if needed, just like the bonus for joining a game someone left.

Auctopus

Easily one of the best skins. I'm still just so unreliable with him. I'm either full Winston disrupt mode or I'm getting killed just before I reach the place I was heading. No between.

He requires a little organisation with your team, which is unfortunate for me on consoles.

He's not that tanky, imo. Also his Tesla cannon isn't that powerful. But he works great for jumping in to a fight, zapping a few enemies, popping the shield for your team and jumping out again. He'd be a lot more viable if Blizz reduced his jump cooldown timer by a couple seconds.

I'll admit, I love playing with him but I don't always do too well. He definitely suits KOTH more than Payload.

kyle-777-

The salt level from McCree players have been really high since the nerf callings, after the confirmation I think that people may actually die because of their blood pressure.

McCree obviously needs to be a Tracer and Genji check/counter (and my most played character is Genji) otherwise they would roam around harassing everyone, but tanks? C'mon for offensive characters that's poor Reaper job...

trkzQGu.png

Well, that seems strange, I think that I played a lot more matches with McCree and Lucio and they are not even showing there? I am not sure that the data is up to date, but may be it's because I usually change characters mid match, so who knows...

Soup Bar

Anyone play in the middle of the night central time, like around 1 am on PS4? Most of the people I know all sleep at a regular time. :(

Whales

Banned
21W and 5L as symmetra

how to play her:

put sentries in the flanking spots ( for example, temple of anubis has 3 entries: right middle left. I usually place them on the right)

as soon as someone enters the room he starts eating sentry damage which builds ult REALLY FAST

then obviously shoot him too, he'll be focused on the sentries and will just let you kill him most of the time

stay back a little bit, shoot her right click charged shots in chokepoints. lots of people run into them

as soon as you have teleporter put it in a good spot ( near the action, cant be seen by enemies easily)

the thing with symmetra is that your team HAS to hold the first point long enough for you to get your teleporter. Then as soon as the tele is up it's almost already over for them because its so good

LiK

The salt level from McCree players have been really high since the nerf callings, after the confirmation I think that people may actually die because of their blood pressure.

McCree obviously needs to be a Tracer and Genji check/counter (and my most played character is Genji) otherwise they would roam around harassing everyone, but tanks? C'mon for offensive characters that's poor Reapers job...

A McCree player fan killed me and my teammmate last night. One fan killed two of us. Saw it in POTG. Good lord.

Mupod

Matthew Mercer (voice actor for McCree) also said during a panel at A-kon that he’ll say “It’s High Noon” while playing overwatch, and people will think it’s a McCree using his ult, and freak out.

What a troll.

This is amazing and he needs to make a youtube video or something as an example.

There needs to be an XP bonus for filling the last slot with support if needed, just like the bonus for joining a game someone left.

I betcha there will be a xp bonus/reward for playing support once they get around to adding daily quests, i.e. Win 3 games as a support, etc etc.

Well, to be fair he said he doesn't play Tracer, he just never encountered one decimating him as D.VA

I cannot wait to see a custom match duel between you two guys !

Haha, I don't think that would really accomplish anything! One of us would be humiliated but it wouldn't really show whether or not one Character was capable of reliably killing the other in the game as a whole. I think it would be more productive to have lots of different people chime in with their experiences.

Mupod

Damn, I really suck with Roadhog. Need to figure out the distance the hook goes to.

think about the distance you usually get grabbed by Roadhog from. Now cut that in half, and it's how long the chain is when you're playing him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If I meet a good, and I mean really good, tracer, I'm staying the fuck away as DVa. She will just blink out of range constantly while plinking me.

This applies for other characters though. A really good tracer is a nightmare to fight against. Only matchup I'm confident with is roadhog, but she can be hard to hook.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
If I meet a good, and I mean really good, tracer, I'm staying the fuck away as DVa. She will just blink out of range constantly while plinking me.

This applies for other characters though. A really good tracer is a nightmare to fight against.

yeah this is how i feel in general. a good tracer gives me animal fear, a good dva i feel is much easier to just run away from.

This applies for other characters though. A really good tracer is a nightmare to fight against. Only matchup I'm confident with is roadhog, but she can be hard to hook.

Roadhog tends to be a war of attriton. Tracer has to keep moving or she's in danger of being 1-shot, which reduces her accuracy and thus her DPS. Roadhog can heal at any moment, negating any progress the Tracer made. It's really a case of who makes a mistake first. I don't normally go after Roadhogs unless I have backup

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I can't seem to load into any game at all. I'll be stuck in the losing the map and then get kicked due to inactivity.

Cool stuff. Sigh.

kyle-777-

A McCree player fan killed me and my teammmate last night. One fan killed two of us. Saw it in POTG. Good lord.

The same shit happened to me last night, I don't remember exactly my character but my friend was with S76, he stunned me and FtH, my poor friend that was behind me got murdered by the FtH leftovers lol

nOoblet16

In Illios the map with the giant pit. A Reaper activated his ult only for me to send him down to die die die.

Was fun !

ramyeon

Caved and bought another 24 boxes. Got 4 legendaries I didn't have and enough currency to buy another. Up to 25 now :D

Don't actually have any I particularly want anymore.

What's the power difference between a fully drawn arrow, and one that's been quickly shot as Hanzo? If a Reaper jumps you, do you even attempt to fully draw and go for a headshot, or do you shoot a couple of a quick shots?

This is probably obvious to most players, but my mind is kinda blown here. When I play Symmetra, I never really thought about using turrets specifically as a resource to farm ultimate. Putting them right outside the doors seemed like a great way to have them blown up after about 10 seconds, but I bet I could could build a huge chunk of ultimate in that time frame. I'm definitely going to think about that with turret placement in the future.

They do get blown up quickly but by the time the other team destroy the 2-3 turrets around the door - and bearing in mind you have enough time to fire a big glob of energy at the doors as they open as well, which usually hits 1 or 2 players - you'll usually have roughly 50% on your Ultimate by the time those spawn door turrets are gone. If you've set up properly, you'll then have another 2 turrets dotted just past their spawn doors set up, plus another turret will have come off cooldown since then, so you can place that too.

A lot depends on the map you're playing too. Route 66 you can keep them pinned back for the entire match, as long as you have good support to keep your team alive during teleporter downtimes (and your team is decent). Hanamura, it's quite easy for the team to spill out of spawn, too many routes and angles to cover effectively. King's Row, it's better to fall back slightly and focus on the first chokepoint. Same with Anubis.

This is just the way I play Symmetra though and how I've changed my play style with her to be more aggressive on Defence and focus on building Ultimate. Just checked my stats with her: 87W 43L. Seems to be working!

Had a really rough night last night. Couldn't get anything going.

I also played a lot of the arcade. I really like the random hero idea, even if it ends up being ridiculous for actual completing objectives. It's a nice low pressure way to play heros you typically avoid.

kyle-777-

I need some help, I really like Reinhardt and would like to play with him sometimes, but I am just bad with him. The only thing that I can do is raise his shield and that is it and I don't know why because he seems like an "easy" character to play...

X-Frame

Is there any way to tell if I am able to speak to my random team? Or, is there any way to tell who on my team can even hear me?

Like a notification for who has their team chat on?

Otherwise I don't want to turn on my mic and start calling stuff out if everyone else on my team has their chat off.

kyle-777-

Is there any way to tell if I am able to speak to my random team? Or, is there any way to tell who on my team can even hear me?

Like a notification for who has their team chat on?

Otherwise I don't want to turn on my mic and start calling stuff out if everyone else on my team has their chat off.

I think the only way is to look at the chat box and see who joins the voice channel.

Mutombo

Just started playing Tracer a few days ago, and damn I'm loving it. A decent Phara instal-blasts me to oblivion, but it's so fun to annoy the team. I think she's a bit like Winston (and Reaper of course); you don't necessarily have to kill, but when you're behind enemy lines you attract the whole teams attention, which hopefully results in your teammates moving objectives further.

Vintage

Is ir bug or feature that (on pc at least) sometimes during ulting as Roadhog your aim direction jumps randomly?

mbpm1

I need some help, I really like Reinhardt and would like to play with him sometimes, but I am just bad with him. The only thing that I can do is raise his shield and that is it and I don't know why because he seems like an "easy" character to play...

-Don't charge off when your team is depending on your shield. In fact, don't charge off often unless there's an oblivious target because they can dodge him pretty simply.

-Avoid turning around in the face of an enemy team if one person gets behind your shield and shoots you if you have a team behind you, that's what your team is for.

-Don't be afraid to melee when things get too hard to contain

-If your team refuses to get behind your shield/make use of you/support your push, don't play Reinhardt

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
They just need to do like WoW when they have "roles in need" and then give you a bonus for staying in that role the whole game and winning.

I am LOVING D.Va. I feel her biggest problem right now (beyond a slight performance boost.. But really very slight) is she's not really a good traditional tank even though she's in the tank role. Compared to the rest of the tanks she typically has a rough time holding objectives. And taking them she usually does so as a flanker, not a tank. Everything about her screams defense, and her classification in game seems arbitrary based on "we need 5 characters per role".

If they want to leave her as a tank they need to boost her survivability. Reduce her headshot box, reduce her shield cool down, turn her boost KB into a stun. Something along those lines. If they don't do that stuff but just improve her performance (raise speed while firing or reduce dps drop off) then they should reclassify her as defense.

She's still a great character... And kills it in game. The biggest problem in pubs is if someone takes her, then no one will take one of the other actual tanks and the team will struggle.

Actual

I play Reinhardt and Lucio pretty much exclusively and very often, I'll see 5 offense/defense characters on my team. If I pick Lucio, we don't have a tank and usually can't push through a chokepoint. If I pick Reinhardt, we don't have a healer and usually can't survive after breaching a chokepoint.

The best teams have at least one tank and one healer. I don't understand. I will do either role, why does everyone else feel like Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Tracer, Pharah, McCree, etc, will be good enough without a tank or a healer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom