• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

There was an annoying Lucio last night on the other team who literally was just wall-riding all around and on the Payload to stop its movement and my team could just not kill this guy.

I was Reinhardt (and the only Tank) so I had little available to me since I still had to shield my team, but I was shocked because he would just dance around it constantly healing and nobody was doing much to kill him.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this week's arcade mode is brilliant

been telling all my friends new to the game to try it out so they can try new heroes in a low pressure situation

Tcab96

There was an annoying Lucio last night on the other team who literally was just wall-riding all around and on the Payload to stop its movement and my team could just not kill this guy.

I was Reinhardt (and the only Tank) so I had little available to me since I still had to shield my team, but I was shocked because he would just dance around it constantly healing and nobody was doing much to kill him.

Thanks for ideas. Now to go troll people.

This happened to me a couple times.

Honestly a pretty smart strat.

Checking my Stats and even though i play Genji the most my win rate with him isnt so good :/

KVdlgnG.png

Ive started using Bastion unironically more so i hope to get up with him.

X-Frame

This happened to me a couple times.

Honestly a pretty smart strat.

No doubt it worked and honestly it was impressive to be able to maintain that for minutes sometimes (I'm on PS4 too) -- and also he would constantly just blast me back to get me away from the Payload, even when I had my shield up.

Skii

This session has been awful. I was doing Nepals and my team had 3 Meis, 1 Bastion and a healer whilst I played as Reaper. So fucking frustrating knowing before you even start the game that it's a lost cause. I genuinely don't understand how people are this stupid.

Randoms are ruining my experience... Anyone from PS4 gaf that can save me? :(

Since release I feel like i'm dying near instantly in battles now compared to being hit and surviving to find health, everyone on pc is getting better and as a result everyone dies a lot faster.

Then of course you have widowmaker and her extremely OP sniper (when in good hands)

I just feel like everything is slightly too strong now and it's annoying me.

Auctopus

think about the distance you usually get grabbed by Roadhog from. Now cut that in half, and it's how long the chain is when you're playing him.

lol

This session has been awful. I was doing Nepals and my team had 3 Meis, 1 Bastion and a healer whilst I played as Reaper. So fucking frustrating knowing before you even start the game that it's a lost cause. I genuinely don't understand how people are this stupid.

Randoms are ruining my experience... Anyone from PS4 gaf that can save me? :(

Add me if you want, PSN same as GAF name. I am GMT though.

Pharah
Winston
Junkrat
Mercy
Torbjorn

are who I mostly play as.

Woo-Fu

Banned
-Don't charge off when your team is depending on your shield. In fact, don't charge off often unless there's an oblivious target because they can dodge him pretty simply.

-Avoid turning around in the face of an enemy team if one person gets behind your shield and shoots you if you have a team behind you, that's what your team is for.

-Don't be afraid to melee when things get too hard to contain

-If your team refuses to get behind your shield/make use of you/support your push, don't play Reinhardt

I disagree with almost all of this except the afraid to melee bit. Too many people think Reinhardt is just about shielding and anything he does that isn't about shielding teammates is wrong/weak/whatever. Simply isn't true.

There is another way to play Reinhardt. Try playing him like Winston for a couple rounds.

Instead of jump you have charge, a charge that will 1-hit most pinned targets while stunning heavier ones, leaving them vulnerable to a finisher.
Instead of non-moving bubble shield you have a shield wall with no cooldown that you can take/place anywhere.
Instead of an ult that makes people run away you have an ult that knocks them down instantly allowing you to kill anybody knocked down while they're defenseless.
Instead of a short range low damage electric drain you have an infinite range 100 damage fire blast.
I don't know the damage of hammer vs. arm swing?

Played like a Winston makes him a lot more fun, try it some time. There is a time to be a defensive bulwark and a time to be a rampaging force of chaos. Good Reinhardts know when to switch from one mode to the other.

Oh shit. New main incoming.

I was a Reinhardt main as far as tanks go until I started messing around with Roadhog. He's a blast to play and hooking people out of their ults is awesome. I'm also usually gold in eliminations and objective time (Reinhardt is usually just objective time) so I feel like I'm contributing more.

What is this bullshit???

False advertising!

Though I did get a Legendary skin drop for Reinhardt, who I often play, but that's neither here nor there..

First, I personally love the OT title.

Next, I didn't play during beta, but when my buddy outside of GAF started playing, I knew I had to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did!!

Lastly. Lucio >>>>>>

Can't stop won't stop ;-)

ramyeon

I find him hard to play as well. I might need to rebind his fan button. L1 is a weird button to use it. Gonna see if that's better for me.
It's just so hard to aim with him I end up missing half my shots. And his ultimate is OP but really difficult to pull off well.

LiK

It's just so hard to aim with him I end up missing half my shots. And his ultimate is OP but really difficult to pull off well.

I found all the best McCree players actually sneak around the map and ambush people. This includes using his Ultimate. I thought sneaky Reapers were bad but sneaky McCrees are worse. Their ability to stun behind you and then fan hammer is so bad.

Son Of D

It's a tactic that works very well. I did the same on Route-66 after my team's Reinhardt and Pharah died leaving me by myself. Just hopped around switching between speed and heal boost climbing over the payload to stop McCree and Hanzo from hitting me. And if they got too close I'd alt-fire to give myself some space.

mbpm1

I disagree with almost all of this except the afraid to melee bit. Too many people think Reinhardt is just about shielding and anything he does that isn't about shielding teammates is wrong/weak/whatever. Simply isn't true.

There is another way to play Reinhardt. Try playing him like Winston for a couple rounds.

Instead of jump you have charge, a charge that will 1-hit most pinned targets while stunning heavier ones, leaving them vulnerable to a finisher.
Instead of non-moving bubble shield you have a shield wall with no cooldown that you can take/place anywhere.
Instead of an ult that makes people run away you have an ult that knocks them down instantly allowing you to kill anybody knocked down while they're defenseless.
Instead of a short range low damage electric drain you have an infinite range 100 damage fire blast.
I don't know the damage of hammer vs. arm swing?

Played like a Winston makes him a lot more fun, try it some time. There is a time to be a defensive bulwark and a time to be a rampaging force of chaos. Good Reinhardts know when to switch from one mode to the other.

I disagree with most of this, but you already knew that :p

Charge works when targets aren't looking for you. When they see you, unless they're distracted the moment you put your head down they can jump away very easily and avoid the pin. Then you're miles away from your teammate's firelines, out of position, etc.

Yes you have a shield, but you can't do anything with it up. Putting it up without support gives you time to move around/retreat, but little else except for a distraction until people crawl over you in small groups.

Ult I don't have a comment on, it's good in a lot of ways.

Fireblast is the easiest thing in the world to dodge unless someone hits you from behind.

Sure, you can play other ways, and should switch it up, tho, but even an aggressive Reinhardt is no Winston. That said, spurts of aggression are a good idea sometimes with 500 health and dat hammer.

It just won't win you a match most of the time without support. Smart pushes with shield up in the boring way will.

As someone who plays one of those annoying bunny-hopping Lucios (and, to be fair, not a ton of Reinhardt), I feel like if this happens to you in the future, you're okay to break out your hammer. If you get two good swipes in quickly, that Lucio is toast. If nothing else, you get him off your payload for a bit.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Haven't had a problem with widows yet, must be because I'm playing on ps4, maybe the lack of mouse and kb takes away some of her sting.

They need a character with an invisible camo super. Go semi invisible predator style for 10 seconds. But firing your weapon obviously makes it easier to spot you since people can trace the bullet tracers.

It would also be cool to have a healer that worked via supply drops. Dropping health packs and armor, more effective than other healers but the supply drops take more time.

Ferny

A good widow could still be deadly on consoles. I have gone up against a couple Widows that just wreck teams that don't think to focus on making her time frustrating. Instead they will just continue walking in straight lines in clear view.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They need a character with an invisible camo super. Go semi invisible predator style for 10 seconds. But firing your weapon obviously makes it easier to spot you since people can trace the bullet tracers.

It would also be cool to have a healer that worked via supply drops. Dropping health packs and armor, more effective than other healers but the supply drops take more time.

Try Oscar Mike... Oh wait wrong game

LiK

Haven't had a problem with widows yet, must be because I'm playing on ps4, maybe the lack of mouse and kb takes away some of her sting.
yup, only played a few matches where I encountered really good Widows on PS4. I would usually be able to counter them with another Widow or Pharah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmm, when you win a Gibraltar payload main tanking as DVa.

Though I did switch to Winston for the final few meters because you just need a bit more chaos in the final push.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I got white, purple, blue blue for my latest one.

Winston peanut butter emote. I'll take it.

Also got enough cash for an epic and got sharkbait immediately.

Jams775

Mmm, when you win a Gibraltar payload main tanking as DVa.

Though I did switch to Winston for the final few meters because you just need a bit more chaos in the final push.

Why do I hear people (casters) pronouncing Gibraltar with the r but the announcer doesn't?

I disagree with most of this, but you already knew that :p

Charge works when targets aren't looking for you. When they see you, unless they're distracted the moment you put your head down they can jump away very easily and avoid the pin. Then you're miles away from your teammate's firelines, out of position, etc.

Yes you have a shield, but you can't do anything with it up. Putting it up without support gives you time to move around/retreat, but little else except for a distraction until people crawl over you in small groups.

Ult I don't have a comment on, it's good in a lot of ways.

Fireblast is the easiest thing in the world to dodge unless someone hits you from behind.

Sure, you can play other ways, and should switch it up, tho, but even an aggressive Reinhardt is no Winston. That said, spurts of aggression are a good idea sometimes with 500 health and dat hammer.

It just won't win you a match most of the time without support. Smart pushes with shield up in the boring way will.

I've found the best way to play is somewhere in the middle of both your suggestions.
Most people do play him way to passively, but hes no Winston. Charging off by yourself is the quickest way to get dead.

X-Frame

As someone who plays one of those annoying bunny-hopping Lucios (and, to be fair, not a ton of Reinhardt), I feel like if this happens to you in the future, you're okay to break out your hammer. If you get two good swipes in quickly, that Lucio is toast. If nothing else, you get him off your payload for a bit.

I tried often, haha. Whenever I felt safe to drop the shield I would and did manage to kill him a few times but more often the hammer is too slow in terms of DPS for a Lucio that is healing and can move out of range quickly. He was very slippery.

Mostly it was just my team who seemed to not realize what was happening as they were too busy flanking whereas I was at the Payload the whole time. I probably should have switched to another character as my team wasn't supporting my Reinhardty anyway.

Demoskinos

Checking my Stats and even though i play Genji the most my win rate with him isnt so good :/

Ive started using Bastion unironically more so i hope to get up with him.

He's actually pretty good when you do more than park your butt in one spot in turret mode.

Shes so easy to snipe with. I suck at being a sniper, but even with Widow I'm racking up instant kills left and right cause the game is so generous with the hit detection/windows it feels like. Im on PC and it's one of the easiest snipers I've ever seen in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom