• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

No doubt it worked and honestly it was impressive to be able to maintain that for minutes sometimes (I'm on PS4 too) -- and also he would constantly just blast me back to get me away from the Payload, even when I had my shield up.

That sounds like exactly what I do on Lucio. Maybe it was me.

Kito

JSjkM9B.jpg

Play of the games as Zen and Symmetra in solo queue, for those who think they are inferior support to the other two.

I need some help, I really like Reinhardt and would like to play with him sometimes, but I am just bad with him. The only thing that I can do is raise his shield and that is it and I don't know why because he seems like an "easy" character to play...
Reinhardt can be tricky if no one is sticking next to you. Ideally, you'd have someone next to you who can deal some consistent damage at different ranges. Personally if I see a Zarya in the group, I'll ask her to team up. She can dip in and out of the safety of my shield, to build charge safely, but she can also sap charge off my shield as well. Zarya also doesn't have the best mobility or the best HP, so this is a pretty beneficial relationship for the two of you. A Hanzo or Zenyatta will also do in a pinch, but those characters don't have the best track record of staying with me. Getting abandoned for long stretches as a Reinhardt is definitely not what you want.

A big tip for Reinhardts too when you are faced with another one, your projectile attack can pierce the other one's shield, and does big amounts of damage. Definitely worth lowering your shield for, and definitely worth strafing to the side if you see one coming back your way. The move is a good way to signal where your allies should be shooting or looking at.

ramyeon

Just played a game with some random who was on voice chat. We were losing the point at the start and he was all like "You guys are fucking hopeless!" And lost his shit.

I got 4 gold medals. Apparently hopeless.

Of course he was playing Widowmaker.

PatjuhR

Just played a game with some random who was on voice chat. We were losing the point at the start and he was all like "You guys are fucking hopeless!" And lost his shit.

I got 4 gold medals. Apparently hopeless.

Of course he was playing Widowmaker.

He probably got 7-0 k/d ratio and felt like he played his best game ever.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I mapped jump to L1 and swap buff to X for Lucio - now I am jumping and skating on PS4 like a motherfucker.

When you open a loot box four icons pop out - purple for legendary, blue for rare, white for common.

Three whites and one blue is the lootbox that makes you go -_-

Ahh so by the time we hit OT4 we should do:

Overwatch |OT4| White(dupe), White(dupe), Blue(dupe), White(dupe)

mbpm1

I mean, even if he had POTG, it doesn't mean they might not be inferior supports.

I don't know if they are though. Teleporter is v good

LiK

A Mercy in our group got POTG for killing Roadhog with a pistol last night. The reason was "Lifesaver". That was great.

Luq

Already 3rd OT?! We did it GAF!

Also - title is genius... Too bad it's way too true :( I've opened 20 boxes so far and I had one purple... which was 150G.

BigDug13

There's more to 'support' than healing.

The only thing Symmetra does that classifies as support is that ult teleport. She gives 25 shields while Torbjorn gives 75 armor. She has defensive turrets like Torbjorn, she murders invaders with her gun without needing a debuffing orb. She might as well be in the defensive class category. In PUG's, the game says your team is good to go in the support department as soon as someone picks Symmetra but that's simply not true.

Reinhardt can be tricky if no one is sticking next to you. Ideally, you'd have someone next to you who can deal some consistent damage at different ranges. Personally if I see a Zarya in the group, I'll ask her to team up. She can dip in and out of the safety of my shield, to build charge safely, but she can also sap charge off my shield as well. Zarya also doesn't have the best mobility or the best HP, so this is a pretty beneficial relationship for the two of you. A Hanzo or Zenyatta will also do in a pinch, but those characters don't have the best track record of staying with me. Getting abandoned for long stretches as a Reinhardt is definitely not what you want.

A big tip for Reinhardts too when you are faced with another one, your projectile attack can pierce the other one's shield, and does big amounts of damage. Definitely worth lowering your shield for, and definitely worth strafing to the side if you see one coming back your way. The move is a good way to signal where your allies should be shooting or looking at.

Is this true? Zarya can pick up charge by shielding a Reinhardt that already has his own shield up? Because if so, GAME CHANGER

matmanx1

Took a night off last night to play more of Xenoblade Chronicles X and it felt good. I really, really like Overwatch but I'm happier with it when I am also playing other types of games.

The new OT title is very funny. In my experience it is right on the nose as far as what to expect from a loot box.

X-Frame

Is this true? Zarya can pick up charge by shielding a Reinhardt that already has his own shield up? Because if so, GAME CHANGER

Yikes, I need to know this too. I thought I saw someone say in the past that Zarya's barrier extends a bit in the front beyond Rein's shield so if someone is shooting the center then it could work?

BigDug13

Play of the games as Zen and Symmetra in solo queue, for those who think they are inferior support to the other two.

In a game where currently the play of the game is all offensive and extremely rarely rewarding to support classes for their support, getting play of the game as Symmetra or Zen isn't a show of how good they are at SUPPORT, it's a show of how good those classes are at killing. They never show Lucio's timely ult that saved the team from a tire blast and never show Mercy scrambling around flying between teammates keeping them healed during a big fight.

Unlike armour, the shield regenerates. There is implicit healing there.

I get why she's support, but she's the worst at direct team healing. 25 hps that very slowly starts to regenerate after battle is nice to have but isn't going to win a fight. She is the most damaging when you catch a group from behind though, especially on consoles where it's tough to get your sights on a hopping sym rampaging through your group.

vakarian32

I wish some people playing Mercy would use their pistol a bit more, it does a surprising amount of damage at times. I've had a few games as Reinhardt when a Mercy would keep healing me even when I'm at full health behind my shield, it would be far more useful for Mercy to switch to pistol and take out a turret tearing Rein's shield apart.

Interfectum

The only thing Symmetra does that classifies as support is that ult teleport. She gives 25 shields while Torbjorn gives 75 armor. She has defensive turrets like Torbjorn, she murders invaders with her gun without needing a debuffing orb. She might as well be in the defensive class category. In PUG's, the game says your team is good to go in the support department as soon as someone picks Symmetra but that's simply not true.

Again though, seems mainly focused on healing. They should just make a sub category of healers and let the team know they don't have one yet.

Kyolux

She's still a great character... And kills it in game. The biggest problem in pubs is if someone takes her, then no one will take one of the other actual tanks and the team will struggle.

I've been struggling with this too as I love playing her, but when I do, most of the time, none of my friends wants to pick tank. Heck, sometimes they'll claim we don't always need a tank.. And then we get crushed by a team with 2 tanks.

Last night was pretty entertaining, some guy was salty and said anyone who voted for my card was a food and then immediately accused me of "wall hacking" hahaha. We managed to beat that same team the next game (pushing the payload in overtime for the win) so that felt pretty satisfying.

BigDug13

I wish some people playing Mercy would use their pistol a bit more, it does a surprising amount of damage at times. I've had a few games as Reinhardt when a Mercy would keep healing me even when I'm at full health behind my shield, it would be far more useful for Mercy to switch to pistol and take out a turret tearing Rein's shield apart.

A lot of people also don't know that the classes that switch weapons like Mercy and Torb, when they switch off their offensive weapon to their support item, their weapon automatically reloads in the background and will be full when they switch back (assuming they switch for at least the duration of one reload of time. On Mercy when there's no offensive heroes to buff and no healing to do, unload a clip with gun then switch back. When you need the gun again it will be full.

Yikes, I need to know this too. I thought I saw someone say in the past that Zarya's barrier extends a bit in the front beyond Rein's shield so if someone is shooting the center then it could work?
That might be the technical explanation for it. I just noticed that I got charge from Reinhardt with their shield up, but I don't know where they were actually shooting his shield. I suppose some tests are in order to get a conclusive answer.

Mutombo

is it me, or have the POTG's gotten worse? Before it might've been a bit much 'BASTION AND OR TURRET KILLS LOTS', but now it's a bit more diverse, with a bit more underwhelming plays.

Ah, it will be tweaked with every patch, I suppose.

When you open a loot box four icons pop out - purple for legendary, blue for rare, white for common.

Three whites and one blue is the lootbox that makes you go -_-

Actually gold/orange is legendary, purple is rare, blue is uncommon.

Yeesh, the thread title has been very accurate to my three most recent loot boxes.

I must have great luck with loot crates - level 32 and I've gotten four legendary skins ( two for Hanzo, one Soldier 76, one Widowmaker ) and enough to coin to buy a fifth (I bought Mei's Abominable because it's adorable and she's adorable). Also gotten a lot of purple emotes and voice lines, although only a few purple skins.

LiK

is it me, or have the POTG's gotten worse? Before it might've been a bit much 'BASTION AND OR TURRET KILLS LOTS', but now it's a bit more diverse, with a bit more underwhelming plays.

Ah, it will be tweaked with every patch, I suppose.

Feels like with more and more players, the POTGs are really fucked. We had one last night where it was just two normal kills. Nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom