• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just something to keep in mind as mei. If you have teammates in front of you, 75% of the time do not ice wall.

DO. NOT. ICE. WALL.

Only time I do it is the last few seconds of defense so a rein couldn't charge in to activate overtime. Or if the other team does a rocket barrage/visor/etc. etc.

Also don't ice wall to block enemies. Ice wall to isolate them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Probably old but wow just started the game and new patch is out.

McCree and Widowmaker nerfed.

PatjuhR

This mystery brawl isn't much fun.

If anything, they should have removed his healing ability and increase his health. Instead of reducing his health.

Been playing since launch on PS4, I'm probably mediocre compared to some of you guys.

33f9Q10.png

Here's my current Symmetra stats, pretty happy with my winrate :)

rMDakQv.png

MartyStu

Played a legit grouping of matches with Zeliard and co.

Felt like I dragged them down a bit in the beginning, but I learned a ton and had a blast.

I love this game.

Dalek

I feel like I can't play this anymore. I feel like I'm constantly at a disadvantage. Maybe it's my connection. I always feel like I'm doing half damage and my teammates have double health. When I play Bastion? The enemy rips through me in like 1 1/2 seconds. I play Against Bastion and he's gots tons of health.

Lucini

Banned
Tonight was a bit frustrating.

Backfilled into a team, one person on mic, no kind of objective play going on. It was me and the one guy on microphone getting into 2 v 4-6 conflicts, with the occasional help from the other players. We managed to get 100-0'd one round, we won the next round because I had the best round of my young life as Lucio, and the last round I spent nearly 3 minutes on fire from healing/ult/kills everywhere...yet we lose because it was 2 v 6, with a particularly nasty Mercy/Winston combo on the other team wrecking me and the other guy constantly.

Still, got my matches in and it was fun to play, just frustrating team.

I am still salty about that botched PoTG with Winston where I killed a player, knocked two off with ult and finished off Pharah on a balcony after dashing behind her. The PoTG ends right before the dash after Pharah happens.

Jeez people here really take this game seriously. Relax guys losing is okay, especially since this game is pretty casual for the most part.

The things that people do are mind boggling when you take into account how accessible and informative the game is in regards to playing properly. I mean it outright gives you a practice mode, explains characters well, classifies the said characters AND suggests proper team composition. Despite all that, people ignore team comp and objectives; why are they playing a competitive team-based game in the first place?

It is expected from a popular game with a 10mill+ active playerbase. I've seen a lot of casuals who just play for fun get bored with such games after a while--I remember getting bored with fighting games before I took them seriously. I personally don't get mad when we lose, but it is just the things people do that piss you off before the match even starts.

Jeez people here really take this game seriously. Relax guys losing is okay, especially since this game is pretty casual for the most part.

True fucking story. A game like this would usually make me rage, but losing doesn't feel so bad and sucking is just a hardcore shrug before the next round. It's really nice change for me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I get super salty when my team gets really outplayed.

Hopefully I don't turn into a Genji main for a couple dozen more hours.

Animator

Just something to keep in mind as mei. If you have teammates in front of you, 75% of the time do not ice wall.

DO. NOT. ICE. WALL.

Only time I do it is the last few seconds of defense so a rein couldn't charge in to activate overtime. Or if the other team does a rocket barrage/visor/etc. etc.

Ice walling is fine but most meis don't seem to know or understand you can break that ice wall by hitting the wall button again if they placed it badly.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You get past the casual phase after the first week of playing this game.

Haha, so true.
After that everyone is automatically a self-proclaimed Overwatch University Professor with a Master's in Smart-Assery.

Myself included. I tend not to use a mic unless I'm playing with friends...

Kornoponing

Neo Member

DO. NOT. ICE. WALL.

I like using walls to trap an escaping Tracer. She's looking at you and BAM icewall behind her!

Kain

Feels so good to snipe a McCree just when he says "It's high noon".

Also, I thought D Vas matrix's was not very good but I've been consistently blocking Pharah's and Reaper's Ultimates with it. Specially cool when you survive Reaper's and then you push him off a cliff or just straight shoot murder him.

I'll be starting the game today. Any tips or advice for a noob beginner?

Follow the team comp guides the system gives you before the match starts, read up on general counter strategy, don't overextend for kills (I'm still guilty of this), and remember that you're always supposed to play the objective.

If anyone needs another teammate please add me. xsilentbladesx and I do have a mic. I also kinda suck lol but I only recently picked the game up.

I'll be starting the game today. Any tips or advice for a noob beginner?

Go add the people in GAF list, ask them to join their group. Say that you are new and ask for advice in game. Each match can play out differently and they will tell you what heroes to use, what to do in each.

I quietly take the game seriously. I never go at people unless they start in the chat window. If people choose an 'incorrect' character for the map / mode then so what? It can be very annoying but I am not going to be vocal in the chat window about it. I just play the match and finish and then find a new match.

I only go at people when they are being cocks in the chat window; I cannot stand big-headed randoms who blame everyone else but never look closer to home. Everyone has a bad day, might be new, just not know what are the ideal characters to choose in a given situation. I am not an anorak: I do not know the maps inside-and-out, the best places to do this or do that. I give my bloody all, though, and contribute a fair amount to each map so that will do for me.

Non objective play is the biggest annoyance as I often wonder if players are afraid of dying. The other day we had the payload near a checkpoint and it then took two minutes to move it about 1 inch because everyone started to abandon the damn thing. Trying to move it on your own against the other team of 6 is not fun.

Banzai

I don't understand the insult "tryhard". My team gets this thrown at it every so often when we win hard. As in stomping the enemy team like ants hard. Should I let myself get killed once in a while so they feel better?

Dr. Buni

The worst part is people getting mad at others because they picked this or that hero on this or that map. I mean, sure, team composition is important, but we are talking about an online game here, it is not something serious (even if the game featured a ranked mode, it still wouldn't justify raging at others).
I don't understand the insult "tryhard". My team gets this thrown at it every so often when we win hard. As in stomping the enemy team like ants hard. Should I let myself get killed once in a while so they feel better?
Being stomped is never fun and you probably know that, unless you are a special kind of player who always wins and stomp others. That being said, no, you shouldn't do anything.

Have you ever died in the game? If not then please do not do it to make others feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom