• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromeo

Also, if anyone has some Genji tips on console, I'm all ears. I'm either on killstreak fire or I'm running back from spawn all game double jumping merrily.

Make it your mission to reflect flashbang back into Mccree's face, the most satisfying Genji kills

phant0m

ilt5gBE.jpg

I checked both their profiles and who would've thought they only ever played Genji / Hanzo. I get it they're both cool Ninjas and shit but people who play only a single hero are insufferable.

Even if its Lucio? =D

J/k, if there's another lucio or a mercy i will usually switch to junkrat or a tank.

PatjuhR

Question:

Can you also kill players with other people's deflect? Because I think I got killed as Bastion by another Bastion beside me shooting at Genji's deflect. I really stopped shooting.

nOoblet16

She's like Winston to me, I get wrecked by them on the other team but when I try playing them I struggle to stay alive for more than 2 seconds

in fact

BfhMRjf.png

lol :(

You only tried 1 game, not enough to say that you've tried and got wrecked...ofcourse in the only game you play as her you'll be terrible.

Mutombo

Count me among those who wishes he knew how other players play Zarya so well. So many times I've seen enemy Zarya's running around with full charge, and meanwhile every time I play her I'm lucky to get up to 50% before somebody seems to tear through my shields and send me right back to 0 and the spawn room. I should probably practice with her more, I suppose.

Some games, as Zarya, I feel like the ultimate bringer of death and the core pillar of the team. My energy never goes below 40 and I have more than 20 eliminations and have saved myself and others from ultimates.

Some games, I never go above 40 energy, I have three eliminations, throw away my ultimates, and am just at a loss as to what to do. It's so annoying to see a teammate duck for cover after you've placed a barrier on them.

So yeah, hit and miss as Zarya. I also love playing with two Zarya's, btw.

Why do people keep asking me to put healing at the start of the game (not talking about payload - attack) when I'm Lucio, instead of speed? I lost count of the times that people asked for me to change back to healing. I mean, there is no one there, isn't the right one speed for us to get to the point faster/set up defenses faster, then change into healing?

Console, btw.

kromeo

You only tried 1 game, not enough to say that you've tried and got wrecked...ofcourse in the only game you play as her you'll be terrible.

I've used her maybe 5 or 6 times, don't know how master overwatch gets it's stats. There's a few characters it claims I haven't even used once which just isn't true.

Catdaddy

I've had so much fun, without any communications at all, but people choosing the right (or most fun characters, like: all winston and two lucios, etc) with some teams on PS4. Teams where you want to add every player as a friend afterward and do a hey ho lets go yell at the end or at the front of each math. And I remeind you, ZERO communication.

I've had matches where I was trying hard not to become salty, because I hate salty players, but after a while there's just goofing around with tactics but still trying to win, and there's plain old bad choice making and egotistical ways of playing, and getting your butts kicked and not changing characters.

It can go both ways. I don't understand why I never meet anyone on chat on PS4. No one is ever on comms. I doubt this will change when ranked starts.

This is my experience as well, very little talk on PS4, which is fine.

With the PS4 you pretty much have to use a headset to communicate. I have the PS camera/mic and if you don't disable it it'll broadcast every noise in the room, and have heard others have this on and can hear TVs and side convos. So that may be the reason for limited communication, hell I just got a headset couple years ago after years of playing PS.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Never knew what Waifu attachment was until I saw this :p

Must be a nightmare for their team as well, she's one of the weaker heroes and far beyond that you can never compliment or improve upon your team's setup. Plus it's harder to counter heroes when you have no experience of playing them, you need a basic understanding of every hero to do well which is why playing them all at least a few times is important. And not to mention how boring it must be playing only one hero all the time. I guess waifu love drives a man crazy?

LiK

I think I understand how to play Zarya now. Did a bunch of matches last night and I only died once or none at all and we managed to crush the other teams. Seems like Zarya's bubbles are quite intimidating to enemy teams. Did a few KOTH and capture maps where the enemy didn't even try to push. I kept using her alt fire and bubbles on my team and that scared them from even pushing lol

So yea, gonna keep playing her. She's fun even against high level dudes.

Count me among those who wishes he knew how other players play Zarya so well. So many times I've seen enemy Zarya's running around with full charge, and meanwhile every time I play her I'm lucky to get up to 50% before somebody seems to tear through my shields and send me right back to 0 and the spawn room. I should probably practice with her more, I suppose.

She benefits from having Lucio around so she can intentionally get herself into a trouble and shield while taking the brunt of enemy fire. This way it's fairly easy to get a full 50 charge. Using your shield before you take any damage is a waste (unless you're blocking an ult or Mei ice). She's kind of designed to do this naturally with her 200 shield but it's nice to have a safety net.

maouvin

Using the barrier when Mei is almost freezing you and then blasting her face is such a great thing. Y'all should try it.

Why do people keep asking me to put healing at the start of the game (not talking about payload - attack) when I'm Lucio, instead of speed? I lost count of the times that people asked for me to change back to healing. I mean, there is no one there, isn't the right one speed for us to get to the point faster/set up defenses faster, then change into healing?

Console, btw.

The only answer I can come up with is that it's because they're silly. Round start on defense/KotH is all about speeeed boost.

Do you lose charge depending on how much you fire?
And do you earn it if enemy hits your team mate who has a barrier?

Charge depletes over time only no matter how much you shoot afaik.
And if your protected ally gets shot you get charge too.

I've seen people say charging via your own barrier only goes to 50, but by an ally barrier can go up to 100. Never stopped to pay attention on that though.
edit: maybe each barrier only build up to 50 so you need both to get to 100?

LiK

She benefits from having Lucio around so she can intentionally get herself into a trouble and shield while taking the brunt of enemy fire. This way it's fairly easy to get a full 50 charge. Using before you take any damage is a waste of a shield (unless you're blocking an ult or Mei ice). She's kind of designed to do this naturally with her 200 shield but it's nice to have a safety net.

Yea, having a healer is really good with her. If I play Zarya, I hope people in my team will get me healed. Much harder to tank with her without a healer helping out.

Yam's

Yeah, I can't stand people like that either. Like this one for example, probably the worst offender yet: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207158981&postcount=6712

I ain't judging the way you enjoy playing. However if I have the option to slightly alter how my games go, meaning avoiding "mainers", I'll use it. Also it mainly concerns Genji or Hanzo mains so far. Only because they often don't do anything to help the team win in some situation. Yesterday we came across a Torbjörn main. We were attacking and he was never able to build his turret properly. I can understand enjoying a character more than the others, but this was just sad.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is all about changing characters and adapting to the other team, so it saddens me when I come across this kind of player. I'll avoid them in future games, they won't hear me complain in theirs, it's a win-win situation as I see it.

Out of curiosity, did you try other heroes in the beta?

So fucking obnoxious, let people play what they want.

Avoiding them is exactly doing that.

Must be a nightmare for their team as well, she's one of the weaker heroes and far beyond that you can never compliment or improve upon your team's setup. Plus it's harder to counter heroes when you have no experience of playing them, you need a basic understanding of every hero to do well which is why playing them all at least a few times is important. And not to mention how boring it must be playing only one hero all the time. I guess waifu love drives a man crazy?

It's possible to be good with any of the characters

nOoblet16

If you never play any other character, you won't know what makes them good and bad. You won't truly understand how to counter them efficiently nor would you understand how to handle your counters because you don't have much sense of what they can do and cannot in that situation until you find yourself in that situation while playing as those characters..

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I have run into so, so many shit 4 man teams while queuing with my friend. "ALL GO GENJI", no, I'm just going to leave. Since I started using my free leaves more liberally I've been enjoying the game a lot more, sometimes you just know you're going to lose so why bother and get angry?

Sure it is, but that doesn't stop them being weaker than the rest. A good D.Va isn't as useful as a good XXX meta pick simply because she's under-tuned as a hero, so when all things are equal you will always be at a disadvantage.

I love how you guys always think it's your teammates that's the problem. You get 4 gold medals and think you carried a losing team. Funny how you guys never mention the games where you get 0 gold medals and someone else carries you. Stop whining so much.

It's the same shit every day seeing you guys whine about bad teammates. Half those games you're probably the bad teammate.

lol real talk. People acting like they are running shit in this game, but the truth is if you are getting rolled you are doing bad as well. I've had plenty of games where I've gotten multiple gold medals and have played like trash. Hooray for me?

LiK

If you never play any other character, you won't know what makes them good and bad. You won't truly understand how to counter them efficiently nor would you understand how to handle your counters because you don't have much sense of what they can do and cannot in that situation until you find yourself in that situation while playing as those characters..

Yup, it's like a fighting game. Once you play the other characters even only for a few times, you learn quite a bit of how they work and it makes you know what might work against them.

I checked both their profiles and who would've thought they only ever played Genji / Hanzo. I get it they're both cool Ninjas and shit but people who play only a single hero are insufferable.

I remember playing against a team with a Tracer player named Tracer. For a moment I got confused and thought I had accidentally loaded up an AI match. In that player's defense, they were a pretty damn good Tracer.

Honestly, I could play Mercy all the time but sadly other people pick healing supports too so I have to play something else.

And it is a true testament to how bad your team is when you have over 13k healing in the match, once even get a full team resurrection with the enemy team having neither a Lucio or Zenyatta or Mercy... and your team still gets wiped.

Well of you are having to do that much healing it's not a good thing. Means your team is getting destroyed.

Braag

Question:

Can you also kill players with other people's deflect? Because I think I got killed as Bastion by another Bastion beside me shooting at Genji's deflect. I really stopped shooting.

Anything you deflect with genji will return to wherever you are aiming at during the deflect.

LiK

Console, btw.

If no one requires healing, just do what you do and stick with speed. Makes no sense to go healing at the very beginning unless you're attacking in a payload map. They're dumb.

I actually think that Lucios are too timid about playing with Speed Boost on. Have you ever faced a Reinhardt when Lucio is pumping up the speed boost song? It's terrifying.

Ardenyal

I actually think that Lucios are too timid about playing with Speed Boost on. Have you ever faced a Reinhardt when Lucio is pumping up the speed boost song? It's terrifying.

Don't do this if you're solo healing. Pretty hard to keep people alive when the amp is on cooldown and the opposing team knows it.

Interfectum

I'm trying to integrate speed boost into my Lucio plays. It's tough to find the balance because you still want to be pumping heals to your team as much as possible.

Console, btw.

Usually this is because they're wimps who don't dare step into the initial defense onslaught. Instead of blitzing the spawn campers, they hang back to rely on heals and the yellow field... never works out well.

Not being able to one-shot Zen and Tracer? Fine. But needing three shots to kill turrets and Bastions is fucking ridiculous.

No?

Sounds reasonable to me. Takes a while for Bastion to switch form so you can easily fire off three shots before he gest to cover. Two shots to get turrets or Bastions sounds too powerful.

I'm trying to integrate speed boost into my Lucio plays. It's tough to find the balance because you still want to be pumping heals to your team as much as possible.

I agree that it's a tricky balance, but there's utility to the speed boost other than just to reduce the "walking-back-to-the-objective" death penalty. I need to explore that more.

I am pretty terrible with Zarya's Grav Bomb, Junkrat's Rip-Tire, and Hanzo's Dragons. I constantly find myself being wrecked by these same three ultimates, but rarely do ever get more than a double kill when using them myself. I know, I need to get good, but I am having a hard time understanding why I fail so often with AoE ults that, in theory, should be easier to get kills with. I even always try to l-shift with Hanzo or wait on a Widowmaker ult before firing these bad boys off. So are there any resources you guys would recommend to help me step up my skill with these AoE ultimates?

DrArchon

I wish Mercy had something like a stun to escape.

Her flight move is stupidly good at getting her out of trouble already. Its got such a low cooldown and you can easily chain fly from one teammate to another to really throw attackers off. She doesn't really need anything else.

If she had a stun I could see tons of people using it offensively in coordination with teammates to get easy kills, and I don't think Mercy should be doing that.

rafa

Neo Member
I am pretty terrible with Zarya's Grav Bomb, Junkrat's Rip-Tire, and Hanzo's Dragons. I constantly find myself being wrecked by these same three ultimates, but rarely do ever get more than a double kill when using them myself. I know, I need to get good, but I am having a hard time understanding why I fail so often with AoE ults that, in theory, should be easier to get kills with. I even always try to l-shift with Hanzo or wait on a Widowmaker ult before firing these bad boys off. So are there any resources you guys would recommend to help me step up my skill with these AoE ultimates?

Best advice would be to look up some more top tier players of those characters and watch videos, studying their methods. It's easy to pickup simple strategies and scenarios that lend themselves to optimal ult usage. Then, it's simply up to you to integrate them into your playstyle.

Dragner

I hate being behind a mcree and him running away from combat...Im healing you man protect my back. No they run ahead leaving me dead. People dont know how to play with a pocket healer. Or dude, you are on a roof if you see you are hurted and mercy is down go near the border so i can fly to you. Dont spam i need healing like an idiot...

meshwork

I wish Mercy had something like a stun to escape.

There is absolutely no need for that. If you are unable to escape by flying to team mates it's because you've positioned yourself poorly. Killing a decent Mercy isn't easy as is. It's my most played hero and never have I felt like I didn't have a fair chance of escaping or avoiding the flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom