• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCBooties

I'm at 71 and all I get is white, white, blue, white. So it doesn't get better.

I hit level 22 last night and I had saved up 3 loot boxes to open at once. They were all white, white, blue, white... Honestly, that makes me less likely to ever spend money on loot boxes. Who wants to spend money on that kind of disappointment?

I'm just going to keep plugging away and I'll get whatever I get. Maybe someday they'll implement a way to earn currency in game. Until then I'm not going to bother with it.

Yam's

I hit level 22 last night and I had saved up 3 loot boxes to open at once. They were all white, white, blue, white... Honestly, that makes me less likely to ever spend money on loot boxes. Who wants to spend money on that kind of disappointment?

I'm just going to keep plugging away and I'll get whatever I get. Maybe someday they'll implement a way to earn currency in game. Until then I'm not going to bother with it.

I saved up 50 of them and got 6 legendaries. In 110 levels I got 12 legendaries. I'm still very farm from unlocking everything, I'm not even close to 50%. So yeah I hope one day they'll add dailies or something to make it easier to unlock things.

UCBooties

I know that turret problems are mostly considered to be a console problem and even on PS4 I think they can be dealt with in most situations. However, I'm starting to think that a slight range nerf might be in order.

The best counter for a Torb turret is supposed to be range but I've run into a few spots where the turret can lock down a whole area and there just isn't anywhere to get a sight line on it outside it's range. The worst one I've seen so far was a turret stuck in one of the squares on the Mexico map and it was just impossible to flank it to take it out. I think either a flat range nerf or something where it takes the turret a second or two longer to lock on when you are at the outside limit of its range could help.

Thoughts?

BigDug13

I dont really watch overwatch streams, but damn this guy has a legendary skin for every single character. How the hell does that happen?

He gets loot box donations from his watchers. He opens so many of them he gets whatever currency he needs for whatever he wants.

I know that turret problems are mostly considered to be a console problem and even on PS4 I think they can be dealt with in most situations. However, I'm starting to think that a slight range nerf might be in order.

The best counter for a Torb turret is supposed to be range but I've run into a few spots where the turret can lock down a whole area and there just isn't anywhere to get a sight line on it outside it's range. The worst one I've seen so far was a turret stuck in one of the squares on the Mexico map and it was just impossible to flank it to take it out. I think either a flat range nerf or something where it takes the turret a second or two longer to lock on when you are at the outside limit of its range could help.

Thoughts?
Junkrat doesn't need a clear LOS.

Arrrammis

Thoughts?

I am OK with turrets for the most part at the moment (PS4 player). The range can get a bit ridiculous, and I could see damage dropoff being added, which would fix there problem that I see. On the other hand, there are plenty of counterpick that just wreck them: Pharah can poke out fire a rocket, hide, do it again and wreck the turret. Reinhardt can charge a turret to disable/stun it for ~10 seconds, more than long enough to kill the turret. Probably many others, but those are my main two picks for that situation.

meshwork

Seagull teaching who the new dps meta is after the nerfs. God damn rekt the whole enemy team:

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/72592754?t=01h23m37s

Daaaaamn. I felt sorry for the enemy team there. I constantly see people praising Seagull's Genji because that's what he is known for in Overwatch, but it seems like many people either don't know or forget that he was one of the best soldiers in NA TF2. His Pharah is insane, he just doesn't play it that often on stream because the character gets (or at least got) shut down so hard in higher level play on most maps.

Satch

Banned
Seagull teaching who the new dps meta is after the nerfs. God damn rekt the whole enemy team:

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/72592754?t=01h23m37s

the most pheel good video of the summer
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bleh, feels like MMR is steadily giving me groups that are either too good for me or put me in a random bunch against what feels like a pretty co-ordinated team. Guess that means I'm getting better though right? Right....?

Still, finally broke mei out to over 50% W/L, so there's that at least!

V-Faction

Nothing feels better than getting a Legendary skin for a character you like and are already learning to play. What a motivation boost!

Man, I have to stop playing this game on my lunch break. The caliber of player at that time of day combined with the fact that I have to go back to work is just awful.

Hyun Sai

I am OK with turrets for the most part at the moment (PS4 player). The range can get a bit ridiculous, and I could see damage dropoff being added, which would fix there problem that I see. On the other hand, there are plenty of counterpick that just wreck them: Pharah can poke out fire a rocket, hide, do it again and wreck the turret. Reinhardt can charge a turret to disable/stun it for ~10 seconds, more than long enough to kill the turret. Probably many others, but those are my main two picks for that situation.

One turret alone is nothing broken. The problem is Tjorb stacking, much easier to do than to counter in Pubs. At least on PS4, can't talk for the PC pubs.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Daaaaamn. I felt sorry for the enemy team there. I constantly see people praising Seagull's Genji because that's what he is known for in Overwatch, but it seems like many people either don't know or forget that he was one of the best soldiers in NA TF2. His Pharah is insane, he just doesn't play it that often on stream because the character gets (or at least got) shut down so hard in higher level play on most maps.
Most people don't know a single thing about anything comp TF2 related since 600 people watched it lol...

The other part is Mercy boost of 50 damage rocket splash -> 65 x3 means 3 close splashes will kill 200hp classes. Additionally A single boosted Direct (156) + boosted splash (65) will also kill 200hp classes.

That's why it's so good to have a boosted Pharah, her kill capacity goes up 33-50%.

And yeah Pharah is an absolute monster if people don't counter pick her.
KDZy5i9.png

Bastion stacking is a much bigger problem on PC than Torbjorn stacking (in my opinion). I realize that beating Bastion isn't that hard if you coordinate, but I've seen a lot of this lately: "Oh shit, they've moved the payload close to the end, so four of us are going to go Bastion, spread out, and point our turrets at the cart." They get to react a lot faster than the offense, and it's really hard to convince your team to make enough switches to deal with it in time.

Baliis

Huh, I was so convinced that my win rate had dropped to 50% at least, but I'm still at like 56, 229/406. My Reinhardt has dropped to below 50 which is kinda a shame but I usually only pull him out in close matches compared to like, my Mei or bastion which are 75+ because I only play them when I'm steamrolling.

Cynar

Thoughts?
More people need to play dva

wut

fb: 25
fth 6 rounds: 45 × 6 = 270

thats more than enough to oneshot either character

I tend to survive McCree's fan hammer as Reaper and Mei, either I react with their wraith and self freeze and survive, or most McCrees I meet have poor aiming to finish me off. That's why I thought of what I posted a while back.

Lucio is amazing. I love that if you're not feeling your best or you're off your A game, switch to Lucio and you'll have a good time while being a huge boost to your team to boot.

Great character.

I've seen a lot less McCrees over all. Most of them haven't been very good.
I am still seeing the same amount of snipers, but they aren't as good as they used to be.

Lorcain

Torb's turrets wouldn't be so frustrating if their target acquisition wasn't so fast. I don't think they should be able to instantly acquire and engage a Tracer or Reaper (or any character) that flanks it from the side or rear while it's engaged with another target facing the opposite direction.

kromeo

I don't remember seeing a huge number of Mccrees even before the nerf tbh, I'd say I see Toblerone the most at the moment, there's always at least one on every defence team and quite often the attack as well

Damn, I joined someone off my friend's list. He is playing widowmaker every round. W/e I think. Sometimes he switched mid round. Then we're attacking on anubis and they're not only running reinhardt, they're running a bunch of stuff that essentially invalidates widowmaker.

Someone else, a random, suggested he switch off widow. The widow got so mad, started calling him a shitter, saying he is bad, ya know... the works. All because he wanted him to switch off widow.

People shouldn't take these things so personally anyway. I play with a great widowmaker and even he would have switched off widow for the second point of anubis, despite how stubborn he can be.

Torb's turrets wouldn't be so frustrating if their target acquisition wasn't so fast. I don't think they should be able to instantly acquire and engage a Tracer or Reaper (or any character) that flanks it from the side or rear while it's engaged with another target facing the opposite direction.

I think they need to nerf the range at which it can get targets. It is way too far.

BigDug13

I don't have a problem with a lone Torb on PS4. It's the hero stacking with Torb that's an issue for me. The turrets can cover each other and the Torbs can alternate molten core on defense. Each death results in scrap for EACH Torb and the entire enemy team ends up with an additional 75 HPs of armor at all times. The Torb himself does fantastic close range damage (and solid ranged damage), builds up his ult quickly with both his gun and his hammer repairs. The sea of armor packs at the objective is like having another healer on your team. Molten Core doubles the damage of his turret, doubles the damage of Torb, makes Torb have as much hps and armor as D.Va and adds 400 hps to the turret for 12 seconds.

Two torb defense teams are very difficult to crack on PS4 from my experience.

Definitely feel Pharah's got a little too big for her boots with McCree and Widowmaker nerfs.

Zenyatta, on the other hand, feels like he's where he should be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom