• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Seriously try Zarya against mass Torbjorn. Bring a Junkrat too in case they have a Reinhardt out in front. But I'm pretty sure I could beat a team of 9 Torbjorns as one Zarya.

I briefly entertained the notion of making an outrage thread about Overwatch's lack of monster girls and thought better of it. Still...how long I gotta wait, blizz

Ferrio

Banned
Seriously try Zarya against mass Torbjorn. Bring a Junkrat too in case they have a Reinhardt out in front. But I'm pretty sure I could beat a team of 9 Torbjorns as one Zarya.

I briefly entertained the notion of making an outrage thread about Overwatch's lack of monster girls and thought better of it. Still...how long I gotta wait, blizz

I'd be surprised if we see non human/omnic. i mean there's no precedence for supernatural stuff in the lore as far as we know. Isn't like LoL with magic stuff, all technology based.

Ramirez

I had a 50 kill game earlier with Zarya and 40 of them were with high energy, the team just fed me all game long, it was amazing.

Ketch

I'd be surprised if we see non human/omnic. i mean there's no precedence for supernatural stuff in the lore as far as we know. Isn't like LoL with magic stuff, all technology based.

Uhhh Winston is a giant talking gorilla with a jet pack, I don't think a space alien is out of the question.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Haven't played in over a week and just went 11-0 and 21-4 with a lot of objective kills with Zarya in two dominating wins with randoms. :D

And 12-0 in third match. And then an 18-1 with 17 objective kills and then a 12-2. Probably the best run ever had in a shooter, much less with randoms.

Mupod

Zarya getting too popular. Guess I need to play more Symmetra for my hipster needs.

there is a well-established precedent for genetic engineering though, not just with Winston either. I think they could work within the realm of science here.

feel free to avatar quote me but I also really want a biomechanical armor Guyver kinda character.

The last time I played I did with Zarya too, started to like her a lot.

Can't get the hang of Winston though, I feel like this gif when I activate Primal Rage:

giphy.gif

Nyx

Zarya getting too popular. Guess I need to play more Symmetra for my hipster needs.

I love both, but Symmetra takes the crown.

Especially since I got this spray:

Defending on Hanamura I usually set up a turret room in the room on the right when you're just through the gate as the attacking team. Even when that sign is visible for them to see before they enter, they still do and get zapped to oblivion.

Every damn time.

Sym. <3

Dreavus

Mostly true but I see the Shimada Dragons as a bit of an outlier. I don't think there is any explanation for Hanzo's giant twin dragons yet.

BigDug13

Molten core doesn't double the damage of torb or his turrets, only increases attack speed by +50% and gives rockets to the level 3

Level 2 is 4 rounds per second at 14 DMg. Level 3 adds 4 rockets per second at 14 damage. That is double damage. Level three is also 5 rounds per second instead of 4 so it's actually greater than 2x damage and greater than 2x hit points. I guess I was wrong on his personal shooting speed buff whenever I see a replay he's shooting fast as fuck. He's already a decent damage character alone.

Yeah, I've definitely hit my public game wall. For the past two weeks I finished every game to the end, even ones that I joined mid-way and knew were going to be a lost.

Last night and today I've quit out of probably 25-30% of the games I've played just due to the fact that my team had no organization whatsoever and was just getting stomped. It's gotten really frustrating because I feel like my skill level is higher but not only am I dying more and I can't seem to do anything correctly I always seem to be paired against pro people who just destroy me every time I try to do anything.

I probably just need to step away and do something else for a while but ugh, it feels like every strategy I try to employ gets countered immediately while any time I try to counter somebody's strategy I get destroyed.

/whine

Zenyatta is one of those characters I have a weird relationship with... Like, I truly enjoy Lucio and Mercy as healers, and Symmetra is super fun as well(on certain maps), but good god do I royally blow as Zen. I can do an okay job keeping my team topped off with my Shift Orb, but I rarely seem to effectively use his E Orb... while opposing Zenyatta's will solo rek me just by orb and right click. :(

Other than the folks at Squadron, I don't really watch too much OW streaming. Any suggestions on good players to follow?

R0ckman

Yeah, I've definitely hit my public game wall. For the past two weeks I finished every game to the end, even ones that I joined mid-way and knew were going to be a lost.

Last night and today I've quit out of probably 25-30% of the games I've played just due to the fact that my team had no organization whatsoever and was just getting stomped. It's gotten really frustrating because I feel like my skill level is higher but not only am I dying more and I can't seem to do anything correctly I always seem to be paired against pro people who just destroy me every time I try to do anything.

I probably just need to step away and do something else for a while but ugh, it feels like every strategy I try to employ gets countered immediately while any time I try to counter somebody's strategy I get destroyed.

/whine

If your team has a short survival rate, it means that if you try to do anything, most likely your team is dead, so the enemy has an easy time dealing with you.

I've had matches where my team is not good but I can still hold off maybe four of the enemy team as a tank or fast character, where as my team of five can't handle TWO of theirs.

I just don't think full on awareness is a common human trait. ONE more player being aware can make a lot of difference in matches. But more often you will get none, the only thing people really know how to do in this game is dodge ults and thats to a certain extent.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Only thing at the moment that pisses me off is games that are 5 seconds from ending or literally the word Defeat come up just as the game pulls you into it and it goes on you like you were apart of it

Only once of the 500+ games have I played were game joined me into a game finishing with the words Victory appearing

I'll say of my 290 wins and 220 losses, 50-70 have been insta-Defeats of joining in progress
I like playing solo a lot, I learn more stuff, frustration from pubs is a given

I'm no crazy stat % claimer but this game forces you into some stupid game ending moments and puts you on the hook for the loss with you not even being part of it

Repo Man

Good grief! so many shit players online atm on PC EU... do yourselves a favour and play something else... Save yourselves from the ragequit

eek5

Only thing at the moment that pisses me off is games that are 5 seconds from ending or literally the word Defeat come up just as the game pulls you into it and it goes on you like you were apart of it

Only once of the 500+ games have I played were game joined me into a game finishing with the words Victory appearing

I'll say of my 290 wins and 220 losses, 50-70 have been insta-Defeats of joining in progress

I'm no crazy stat % claimer but this game forces you into some stupid game ending moments and puts you on the hook for the loss with you not even being part of it

It's because you don't get a loss for quitting so people wait until the last second to quit but because of the overtime mechanic, matchmaking doesn't really know when a game is going to end and it doesn't make sense to punish the 5 players that stayed by not finding them a 6th player especially when you could totally win by pushing everyone off the payload or whatever. The real solution is to hit people that leave the game with 2 losses and xp penalty. jk idk

Just had some amazing games with Torbjörn. First a game where I got a killstreak of 23 (and incidentally 23 eliminations in total; didn't die once), and then another great game with a killstreak of 15. Also had a nice game with Symmetra with a killstreak of 10 and didn't die once there either (game was over before you knew it).

I still don't think Torbjörn is OP though. The enemy teams just didn't counter me. I've had games with Torbjörn that went terrible too.

Nope, those losses don't count in your stats.

cHinzo

Damn just, what felt like, my fastest game ever. Managed to finish Volskaya Industries in 1:56, just straight up powered through them, even though they had a double Torbjörn setup. :D

Also played McCree and he's still good. Pharahs and Zaryas felt like way too strong without a McCree around.

Firebrand

Zarya's getting popular, eh. I want it to be known I liked her before it became cool to do so. I'm also still not great with her, I blame that beam that hits off-center if your target is within a few meters range.

Zenyatta's still my waifu though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RIP winrate

actually enjoyed tonight's games too for the most part even tho it was mostly losses. Probably because I have actual real shit happening right now and I just needed to get my mind off it so anything would do. Oh well, sooner I stop caring the about winrates the better I think

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nope, those losses don't count in your stats.

Are you sure?

I checked and they counted

I know Weekly Brawl has no stats just XP goodness, most don't leave there which is hilarious
Yet Quick Play is hella annoying

I swear Ranked play does something about this
Leave and get penalized bad
To many disconnects and early quits your Rank plummets

Also Rank better not just be based on W/L
Hoping team contribution, medals, and match on fire and other criteria fit these things
If a Widowmaker just sitting back and just getting a kill here and there while others are rushing the objective should net you better ranking position

MrHoot

Yeah keep losing game after game after game after game...the only time i can have fun is playing with my friends but they're often busy...

This game's charm is starting to wear off now for me and I find myself repeating exactly the same thing every match. Even after all these weeks the community hasn't improved and playing with random is just a chore as I now have to play support 3 times out of 4, and out of these supports i'm only okay with lucio or mercy so I play these same two characters so fucking much i'm sick of it.

And while i support the changes to widowmaker, I now feel way less useful as I can't do much of a difference in a game and since every other character has now a way easier access to me I'm countered by freaking everyone

Fuck these past days of play man.

UCBooties

Others have brought up the genetic engineering angle, but if Bliz wanted to introduce heroes with more overtly supernatural abilities (read: magic) then they could have Winston or another science character pull a Mr. Fantastic and open a portal to another dimension. Then there could be a new class of heroes and villains pulled through from that other world.

I don't think that's very likely in the short term but if this game has the legs that Bliz is hoping for nothing would surprise me a year or two down the line.

You have to be in a coordinated team to beat this, sorry.

-------------------------------

Some patch review from Cynical Nerds :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB02oeuCaNM&feature=youtu.be

And a Widow nerf comparison :

Like he said in the video, the fact that Tracer and Zen got tiny head hitbox makes it real nice for them.

I have to admit when the nerf will be on console, Torbjorn Turrets will be harder to destroy, making the Torb staking even worse lol.

Pretty misleading chart. The shot ratios should not be summed up by total shots, but by total charge time, which is significantly more for bodyshots now than it was before.

Davidion

Is there a circle of PC GAF players? Couldn't find any threads in community.

I don't play too often but am trying to find more time; am a general team player, halfway decent, tend to lean support but tries a bit of everything. Haven't gotten all the synergies right but does fine with a nominally decent team, etc.

exfatal

Anyone know any good ps4 groups to join for Overwatch been trying here and the OT but seems to be dead and no responses :( sick of playing with randoms and losing
much rather lose in a party at least :p

Crisco

Banned
Meh, if you're worried about W/L in Quick Play then you're doing it wrong IMO. Sure, we all want to win, but until ranked play comes out even the good players are mucking around with different heroes and not necessarily worrying about team comp. If my team's picked 2 Widowmakers, a Hanzo, Mei, and Genji on payload attack there's no way I'm gonna try to carry them with a healer or tank. Just have fun and learn the game until ranked.

Ferrio

Banned
Others have brought up the genetic engineering angle, but if Bliz wanted to introduce heroes with more overtly supernatural abilities (read: magic) then they could have Winston or another science character pull a Mr. Fantastic and open a portal to another dimension. Then there could be a new class of heroes and villains pulled through from that other world.

I don't think that's very likely in the short term but if this game has the legs that Bliz is hoping for nothing would surprise me a year or two down the line.

I meant more along the lines like mythical creatures and stuff since the person was asking about monster girl characters.

Son Of D

Faced a team of 6 Bastions on Volskaya. Probably the quickest attack game I've been in. Me as Junkrat teamed with 2 Pharahs, a Reaper, a Mercy and Widowmaker. Less than 4 minutes which is a record for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Meh, if you're worried about W/L in Quick Play then you're doing it wrong IMO. Sure, we all want to win, but until ranked play comes out even the good players are mucking around with different heroes and not necessarily worrying about team comp. If my team's picked 2 Widowmakers, a Hanzo, Mei, and Genji on payload attack there's no way I'm gonna try to carry them with a healer or tank. Just have fun and learn the game until ranked.

Playing a bad comp isnt "fun" for me, and what exactly are you learning from shit games?

Not losses, shit games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom