• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Definitely feel Pharah's got a little too big for her boots with McCree and Widowmaker nerfs.

Zenyatta, on the other hand, feels like he's where he should be now.

Well McCree was never an issue for Pharah to begin with. A good widowmaker should make quick work of a Pharah still though.

IvanJ

Banned
Well, reached level 44, having lots of fun. But I set my goal to reach 50, then put the game on a backburner for a while. I'll just wait for some additional content, I'd actually rather have a few new maps, or perhaps a new mode (I think BF Conquest type maps would work great) than new characters (which would only dillute the cosmetics situation).
I don't really care about cosmetics, it is fun to open boxes and see what's in them, but that's as far as I care. I simply just equip whatever I get in a box. But l sure am on a cold white white blue white streak for a while, couple of sprays, a voice line and a player avatar just keep coming.

Saved up 10 levels worth of loot boxes to open them all at once.

I ended up with

3 Legendaries (2 duplicates)
9 Blues
18 Whites

At least I went from 430c to 750c I guess.

Keasar

What a surprise, a team of three prestigers beats a team with none over and over.

"Rank is no indication of skill, it's only hours played." they say, such fucking bullshit, I'd say if you have had 100+ hours to play more than the other player with only 30 hours played you have had quite more time to practice!

Well McCree was never an issue for Pharah to begin with. A good widowmaker should make quick work of a Pharah still though.
McCree still beats up on Pharah at medium range; you just see fewer McCrees now. (Although I guess the ones that have stuck around are probably good enough to take down Pharah anyway.)

kromeo

I don't mind the way the loot works, it would be pretty boring if everyone had every skin, especially considering how few designs there actually are when you take out all the palette swaps

FtHTiny

What a surprise, a team of three prestigers beats a team with none over and over.

"Rank is no indication of skill, it's only hours played." they say, such fucking bullshit, I'd say if you have had 100+ hours to play more than the other player with only 30 hours played you have had quite more time to practice!

It really depends if they are 1 or 2 hero spammers or not. Had some prestige guys play super bad on heroes they never played and beat em quite easily but when a guy with 40 hours genji or tracer comes up you are in for a bad time.

BigDug13

The ones you really have to watch for are the ones below level 30 that seem to have godly skill. The pros who are playing with their teams constantly in custom games aren't leveling up.

vypek

I sure hate when people are able to actually stop my rip-tire. Almost jarring how the camera switches back to Junkrat after it disappears.

abundant

I don't have a problem with a lone Torb on PS4. It's the hero stacking with Torb that's an issue for me. The turrets can cover each other and the Torbs can alternate molten core on defense. Each death results in scrap for EACH Torb and the entire enemy team ends up with an additional 75 HPs of armor at all times. The Torb himself does fantastic close range damage (and solid ranged damage), builds up his ult quickly with both his gun and his hammer repairs. The sea of armor packs at the objective is like having another healer on your team. Molten Core doubles the damage of his turret, doubles the damage of Torb, makes Torb have as much hps and armor as D.Va and adds 400 hps to the turret for 12 seconds.

Two torb defense teams are very difficult to crack on PS4 from my experience.

We ran into a team of three Torbs + a Bastion defending on Volskaya last night. The first point was easy to capture, but the last point was causing us problems. In the end, we switched to two D.Vas and when one built up their ult, they launched it into the point with the entire team rushing behind the mech. We managed to wipe out the entire team and won the match.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know that turret problems are mostly considered to be a console problem and even on PS4 I think they can be dealt with in most situations. However, I'm starting to think that a slight range nerf might be in order.

The best counter for a Torb turret is supposed to be range but I've run into a few spots where the turret can lock down a whole area and there just isn't anywhere to get a sight line on it outside it's range. The worst one I've seen so far was a turret stuck in one of the squares on the Mexico map and it was just impossible to flank it to take it out. I think either a flat range nerf or something where it takes the turret a second or two longer to lock on when you are at the outside limit of its range could help.

Thoughts?

Widowmaker is the best counter to it

Yesterday in a GAF party we were in Attack @Volksaya Industry

They were running 3 Torbs, annoying us, I just switched gears and just destroyed Turret after Turret after Turret
I wouldn't even let them get to level 2, for 10+ seconds no turret, we beat them by communicating and setting up ultimates in a way that they couldn't overcome

2 D.Va Ults with my Wallhack all positioned were set
Just went in cleaned house and won hella easily

Turrets are there to be a detractor
Yesterday on Dorado as Attack I went Torn, a few GAFfers laughed @ me going Torn and saying interesting choice
We made it to last spot going up the ramp, lost due to their Ultimates up and ours were burned out

Went 27 Eliminations and like 24 Armor Packs created for like 25% uptime on making them
If you are a good player who knows how to maximize your potential, you can help your team even if it looks like the char is only based for certain situations

Torn is a beast on KOTH, but you need just a little bit of help at the start
If a Rein or Road can keep enemies attention or a Tracer or Genji can flank and pester the other side briefly for 5 sec, just so I can put up turret, it really turns the tide

Most Torbs are just stay by the Turret and hammer away, but Torb is built to be a beast if you play it right
Setup turret, now try to be close proximity where you can earn yourself a few eliminations just by being a DPS tagger but run back to fix turret
If enemy teams is @ huge disadvantage with the gears they drop go collect them asap
You want to earn 50 quick, it nets you +75 armor
Then your survivability jumps real high

Then I go out of my way to go overkill and spam as many armor packs as possible for my team
Tracers with Torb bonus become scary
Rein gets his survivability going higher due to his health pool jumping almost 1/5th extra health, have a Symmetra bonus +25, now he's 600 total

Torb can be countered by Hanzo, Widow, Mei alt fire, Bastion spam, Junkrat lob/bounce off, Pharah, Soldier:76
Tracer Ult, Rein's Rush attack

The turret locking down an area is the most important reason Torb gets picked
You have to counter it with communication
Most pub players just die over and over hoping one of their teammates take care of it, but if 4+ people think the same way, no one will do it and they fail
Complain such and such needs nerf or changed up because the counter couldn't be made or worked out

A lot of players keep thinking each class is broken is because they get killed by it the most, maybe see how your play style should change to counter it, if not with said class, switch to one that can...

We ran into a team of three Torbs + a Bastion defending on Volskaya last night. The first point was easy to capture, but the last point was causing us problems. In the end, we switched to two D.Vas and when one built up their ult, they launched it into the point with the entire team rushing behind the mech. We managed to wipe out the entire team and won the match.

*Ahem*

Don't forget the Widowmaker making all 3 Torbs lose there turrets left and right and not letting camp an area to lockdown

>.>;

I sure hate when people are able to actually stop my rip-tire. Almost jarring how the camera switches back to Junkrat after it disappears.

Especially when it gets blown up the same instant you try to set it off.....its like....what happened?

I've learned to avoid driving it directly in front of soldier 76 haha..

vypek

Use wall climb, bunny hop it with jump. The good ones surprise us all and jump it to make it tougher to kill.

Sometimes I'm lazy and want to drive it right into people lol. Obviously it doesn't work. My favorite thing to do is climb into the window for point A on Lijang Tower. They always think it will come from the doorway :)

The frantic shooting of people as they see it bunny hop towards them is great.

Especially when it gets blown up the same instant you try to set it off.....its like....what happened?

I've learned to avoid driving it directly in front of soldier 76 haha..

lol yep. It used to take me a couple moments to realize that it died pretty much the same moment I was setting it off so it didn't get anyone.

ClGCGUzUoAEg4-H.jpg:large

Chico is Widowmaker

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Good Torbs don't put their shit in snipeable locations. For Widow to be a counter, she has to get near point blank range.

No she doesn't

I sniped their turrets from like halfway across the map
Yes there are 2-3 spots you can corner and hide them away, still their are huge sniping lanes

On Volksaya a Widow from the stairs that lead to those floating platforms to the left going towards Objective B, can get clear LOS of roughly 40% of the Objective area

I didn't have Ultimate up but goddamn was I good scout calling out everything for the team on GAF
I only once flubbed with the Torb on rotating platform, then made it my mission to never let them occupy that space

It helped our support and tanks from eating extra useless chip damage
When D.Va is under 300 health due to stupid stuff like that, she can take more chances rather than go looking for health

We beat a 3 Torb/Bastion with a Zenyatta and Mei who switched to Mcree combo
We had like 5 minutes left for Objective B when people swapped to 2 D.Va ult, while I took out and shot suppression fire

I'll tell you this much, Widow can also be played as detractor, keep shooting in vicinity, sometimes players break the defend spots to chase me, leaving an opening

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jeff looks so nervous :lol

Relax man, he's just one of the best game developers ever. No pressure.

I hope he asked if Genji was an inspiration of Raiden from Metal Gear Rising.

Hyun Sai

I can assure you Blizzard will adjust stacking Torbjorns on console like they did for stacking Winstons during the beta.

I can make a bet with anyone, come at me ^^.

Zocano

So how do I get in on these losing winning games with you PC gaffers? Is it fine to just jump into the discord?

BNID: Zocano#1913

Raiden wishes he was cool as Genji, Platinum butchered him.

I don't even know Genji's backstory, but Raiden is shit.

Off topic, got sick suddenly and now I don't even have enough willpower to play.

How would you guys counter 6 torbs (they are defending the first point on hanamura, turrets spread out and covering each other) without a coordinated team? Ran into this situation the other day... One of my friends was widow and was taking some out, another was pharah and doing the same but between having 6 of them and molten cores we never could make real progress.

How would you guys counter 6 torbs (they are defending the first point on hanamura, turrets spread out and covering each other) without a coordinated team? Ran into this situation the other day... One of my friends was widow and was taking some out, another was pharah and doing the same but between having 6 of them and molten cores we never could make real progress.

I find the pause button followed by the leave game option works really well.

Impossible without a full team. Full team comps are meant to stomp pubs, sorry.

exYle

D.Va! Just make sure they've got backup

Oh, shit. Without a coordinated team? No clue

R0ckman

Noticing in group play that even with people communicating there can still be some major weaknesses in terms of how aware people are by nature. Sometimes I'm wondering if players get tunnel vision, I mean its alright if its not during a critical time during a match, but I remember on mic someone asked me to help them take some pressure of of a hold point, I dont have a mic and my team knows, I fly in as Pharah and get a quad kill, yet my team does not take advantage of the situation. All he had to do is listen and look at the kill feed.

Similarly I was a weakened McCree dealing with a Tracer that refused to get close after I shot and spooked her. A Lucio was with me fighting her so I close in and notice I am not being passively healed, as I die I notice that the Lucio had long left, not going to any particular location that makes sense.

I just wish people weren't inclined to play like a regular shooter and make choices for the sake of the objective. I remember another time on Nambia my group was having issues moving the payload at the last 10 seconds, I get sick of it and playing McCree I head through a flank point to high ground to ult, on my way I spot an enemy Soilder running by, but I stop and wait to see if he notices me, keeping him in view just in case. He didnt notice me so I move on, kill another ulting soilder on the balcony and then ult all the enemies I can blocking the payload. After that I drop down and begin moving the payload myself, I think most of my group was fighting a Reinhardt I couldn't get. Finished the game right as a few of the enemies came back... Phew...

LiK

i would just use Widow and try to get the turret trophy, lol

Hyun Sai

You have to be in a coordinated team to beat this, sorry.

-------------------------------

Some patch review from Cynical Nerds :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB02oeuCaNM&feature=youtu.be

And a Widow nerf comparison :

Like he said in the video, the fact that Tracer and Zen got tiny head hitbox makes it real nice for them.

I have to admit when the nerf will be on console, Torbjorn Turrets will be harder to destroy, making the Torb staking even worse lol.

I find the pause button followed by the leave game option works really well.

Impossible without a full team. Full team comps are meant to stomp pubs, sorry.

D.Va! Just make sure they've got backup

Oh, shit. Without a coordinated team? No clue

i would just use Widow and try to get the turret trophy, lol

You have to be in a coordinated team to beat this, sorry.

Heh thanks guys. Figured that was the case but wanted to see what others thought.

Exile20

Go in with 5 Rein and maybe one mercy or 6 rein and walk right up to the turrets with your shields, each rein charge a separate turret then destroy the torbs after.

Actual

I bet something like 2 Reinhardt's and a bunch of high damage characters (Soldier, McCree, Pharah, Junkrat) could break through. The Rein's are swapping barrier, and one of them eventually charges in when the barriers can't hold anymore, while the attackers just focus on a single turret at a time.

Oh man, a Mercy Reinhardt Bastion combo, let me take care of it by flying D.va in and knocking the tank away so you can shoot at them!

Oh, you didn't shoot at them after you watched me do it? You just tried to run past and died.

Really.

That does it. I'm just going to play Pharah no matter what, every game, fuck it, fuck you, fuck everything. mad/10

MUnited83

For you.
Yell in team chat for everyone to pick D.va

Pharmercy. Peek one at a time with heal and damage boost. If the fight is really 2 v 6 then you have lost but that should make you punch above your weight. A third could go second Pharah or a D.Va to rush them down.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber

I probably got better in the hour or three of watching guides and tips than I did in any other.

Sure map knowledge, aim and time played will help but I definitely think playing your role, communicating and knowing hero info goes a very, very long way.

I don't have a problem with a lone Torb on PS4. It's the hero stacking with Torb that's an issue for me. The turrets can cover each other and the Torbs can alternate molten core on defense. Each death results in scrap for EACH Torb and the entire enemy team ends up with an additional 75 HPs of armor at all times. The Torb himself does fantastic close range damage (and solid ranged damage), builds up his ult quickly with both his gun and his hammer repairs. The sea of armor packs at the objective is like having another healer on your team. Molten Core doubles the damage of his turret, doubles the damage of Torb, makes Torb have as much hps and armor as D.Va and adds 400 hps to the turret for 12 seconds.

yep.. games with more than 1 torb have never been fun for me

Braag

Definitely feel Pharah's got a little too big for her boots with McCree and Widowmaker nerfs.

Zenyatta, on the other hand, feels like he's where he should be now.

Widow can still kill Pharah with 2 bodyshots. McCree's dmg nerf was to his FAN, not something you would use against Pharah anyway since she's flying high in the air, so you still should be able to shoot her down as McCree. Also Soldier 76 is a good counter to Pharah as well.

Zaventem

Molten core doesn't double the damage of torb or his turrets, only increases attack speed by +50% and gives rockets to the level 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom