• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heng

82Njx2.gif
I got this quad elimination a few days ago, but I think I lost PotG to a well timed Reaper ult. This is probably the best I'll ever do as Reinhart. >.<

Gator86

Just played a game with Mercy where I healed 40% of all damage done and almost no one died on our team through a win on Anubis. Mercy is great even though I'm just now playing her at 75.

Hilariously enough, it was the first game where I've seen a Torb literally AFK get play of the game.

kubricks

God damn, game has become impossible in solo que. ALWAYS getting dumb teams, and I mean constanly, not people being very good agaisnt us, but teams when even working together being terrible, 10 seconds left, WHY THE **** IS EVERYONE BACKING OFF THE PAYLOAD AS I RETURN?

I was playing Lucio the other day in a public game, I felt like I was the only person in my team, often being alone near the objective or payload. Through out the match (we lose, no surprise) I have only seen my teammate a couple of times at best.

Then I look up the team composition.... 2 widowmakers, 1 Hanzo, 1 Bastion apparently camping somewhere.

Oh. ;/

XenoRaven

Lucio is really hard to play on CP maps. There's just so much nuance to playing him. I don't think there's another support that's as difficult to play as-

ClHrrDsVEAEEtXw.jpg:large

Kappa

Blues1990

I find Mei really annoying; She just shits on Reinhardt.I might have to be more aggressive with hammering her face but that is hard when she groups up with people. I had one chasing me (notified my team to deal with her) and healing with that shitty i-frame move whenever I fuck her up (pin might kill her if she is low on HP); I used the ult and got her to a pixel and then viola! She uses that move and she's back at full health. She failed to freeze me during overtime because I circled around and jumped over the payload--I kited her ass like a shitty A.I. Those previous three games were amazing even though the second one was me as Widow with a
Hanzo
that refused to switch; we somehow won without a tank (Zenyatta player help the team). I am getting consisted reccs and epic ratings with my Lucio. I still need to play more with offense characters and try Bastion/Torbjorn for once.

I should try characters individually now. I have a couple of characters that I must learn to counter certain opposite team compositions.

Junkrat is the perfect counter to Mei. Whenever she uses Cryo-Freeze, just plop a Steel Trap with a landmine right next to her.. If she moves a muscle, the combination of the trap triggered to the landmine will blow her adorable head to smithereens, and "BOOM! No more Mei!"

Alternatively, Pharah and McCree can stop Mei before she can freeze them.

Now that Mccree is nerfed.... can I play it without being ashame of myself?
I really like that character lol.

(I played it last night and.... it felt more or less the same? I guess the damage reduction didn't make a whole lot of difference other than in professional tournment perhaps?)

You used to be able to pump out 400+ damage. It's a big difference against some characters, less of a difference towards other characters. He is still unique in some respects, especially being his ability to dps at midrange, unlike reaper, and his ability to instantly disrupt multiple characters at once.

Everyone called him a "duelist" before, but I actually think blizzard wanted him to be a group fighter for a while. His flashbang was made to last longer at one point by .2 seconds. This was so it was better to use as a team utility skill rather than only a set up for fan the hammer.

The reason it wasn't seen as a huge buff is because they made the recover period after flashbang .2 seconds longer too, but imo it was still pretty significant. I actually used to use s76 and win close ranged fights because my helix rocket would knock his aim off. Now he has time to recover and win.

the mmr god weren't giving me wins when i was leader of group. i think we ended up with like 7 losses. maybe 1 round we won but that was during control? lol RIP. so i switched from being a leader. and now we winning these games.

Played with a group of friends for once.

Having a pocket mercy with my pharah play is devastating. 33 elims, 55% kill participation. Feels so powerful lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Junkrat is the perfect counter to Mei. Whenever she uses Cryo-Freeze, just plop a Steel Trap with a landmine right next to her.. If she moves a muscle, the combination of the trap triggered to the landmine will blow her adorable head to smithereens, and "BOOM! No more Mei!"

Alternatively, Pharah and McCree can stop Mei before she can freeze them.

You can icewall yourself out of steel trap.

Now that I think about mei might be the only character capable of breaking out of steel trap. Maybe reaper?

Blues1990

You can icewall yourself out of steel trap.

True, but from my experience, I never have enough time to use Icewall before I get blown away from the Junkrat players that use this tactic. I think I was lucky enough to perform it once, and that was only when the Junkrat player was distracted from Winston "Going Ape", so he hi-tailed it and forgot about me.

Now that Mccree is nerfed.... can I play it without being ashame of myself?
I really like that character lol.

(I played it last night and.... it felt more or less the same? I guess the damage reduction didn't make a whole lot of difference other than in professional tournment perhaps?)
it probably matters the least in competitive play since most professional DPS players utilize his left click far more than the right click.

I got this quad elimination a few days ago, but I think I lost PotG to a well timed Reaper ult. This is probably the best I'll ever do as Reinhart. >.<

Looks great.

One thing people don't consider though for the POTG aspect is that the one that is picked is picked because they did more damage. Like once I got a quintuple kill and got like 4 kills at 100% damage dealt and 1 at like 80%. Even if someone got a sextuplet in the same match, but only finished off weakened characters, I'd get the POTG because mine had a bigger numeric impact and that's just the math being math I guess.

Kito

Volskaya attack point B, 10 seconds remaining, got stomped the whole game. I revive a Roadhog who gets a team kill with his surprise ult. We won, lmfao. Every opponent was salty as hell in the chat. Highlight of my Mercy career.

Warxard

Banned
D.Va is Garbage Pail Kid bad goddamn lol

Think my least favorite map is like, Volksaya. It's not poorly designed but with how the map rotation works I rarely see it, so it fucks me up EVERYTIME I play on it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wow what's up with the games today. They've all been stomps where we or the other team doesn't even capture the first point.

Same, duoed with a buddy of mine. Both of us have around 52-56% winrate and every game save 2 were just complete stomps one way or another. Really wish we had competitive so people would at least try to win.

R0ckman

I was playing Lucio the other day in a public game, I felt like I was the only person in my team, often being alone near the objective or payload. Through out the match (we lose, no surprise) I have only seen my teammate a couple of times at best.

Then I look up the team composition.... 2 widowmakers, 1 Hanzo, 1 Bastion apparently camping somewhere.

Oh. ;/

Here's the best part, our Reinhardt just all of a sudden started becoming a coward, full sheild, hiding behind a wall even though 3 of us are with him, I'm sitting there stating at him wondering why he isn't going out and dacing the enemy so we can shoot them.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just because something works a few occasions doesn't mean it's actually good. I've won games with all offensive characters. Hell, I won ranked games like that. That doesn't mean it's a good strategy at all. I am not saying zarya solo defense tank never works, but that it's not good to work enough. Anything can work. I've won games, even in ranked, with absurdly bad team compositions. The fact that something works every once in a while just doesn't justify it.

Zarya suffers perhaps the most from a death and on defense that means you're at the sufferance of an attack without a tank for a good 20 seconds. And regardless of whether you walk back, teleport, or get a revive, you're starting at 0 charge again. Reinhardt can charge back, winston can hop back, even d.va can fly back. And roadhog often has an element of surprise when he hits the field again, and at least starts at full strength.

You can't just look at it from the perspective of just completely out killing, out damaging and pure out skilling an opponent team who refuses to adapt. You should try to gain meaningful advantages against your opponent through your composition, to maximize your chances of victory. Because after all, you can win with a 6 man hanzo team. But when you do it's because your opponent team was completely outskilled and clueless on how to play the game.

Touché sir! Good talk.

I'm currently learning Reinhardt, as he seems like a useful pick in almost any situation.
But let me have my fun with Zarya every once in a while?

... I think I might have a crush on her.

Davidion

Here's the best part, our Reinhardt just all of a sudden started becoming a coward, full sheild, hiding behind a wall even though 3 of us are with him, I'm sitting there stating at him wondering why he isn't going out and dacing the enemy so we can shoot them.

I had a series of crap games last night, one of them was attack on Anubis where I was Lucio and we had a zenyatta, everyone else was attack/snipe. Guess who ended up being the two people pushing forward to take first point?

This game...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just because something works a few occasions doesn't mean it's actually good. I've won games with all offensive characters. Hell, I won ranked games like that. That doesn't mean it's a good strategy at all. I am not saying zarya solo defense tank never works, but that it's not good to work enough. Anything can work. I've won games, even in ranked, with absurdly bad team compositions. The fact that something works every once in a while just doesn't justify it.

Zarya suffers perhaps the most from a death and on defense that means you're at the sufferance of an attack without a tank for a good 20 seconds. And regardless of whether you walk back, teleport, or get a revive, you're starting at 0 charge again. Reinhardt can charge back, winston can hop back, even d.va can fly back. And roadhog often has an element of surprise when he hits the field again, and at least starts at full strength.

You can't just look at it from the perspective of just completely out killing, out damaging and pure out skilling an opponent team who refuses to adapt. You should try to gain meaningful advantages against your opponent through your composition, to maximize your chances of victory. Because after all, you can win with a 6 man hanzo team. But when you do it's because your opponent team was completely outskilled and clueless on how to play the game.

Tell me about the future please, are there flying cars?

patchday

Alright logging on. Dont care if I win or lose really. Will FILL whatever role is needed but just want to knock out L25 so I'll be ready for ranked

Anyone know if you can play as a full party in Ranked or what? I ddint get a chance to play ranked in the beta was too busy ;(

XenoRaven

This made me LOL

man you are over double my level (I am trying to hit L25 before ranked comes out, L23 right now).

Respect to you guys grinding up all these levels so fast.
I haven't even been playing as much as I'd like to because of work and school. A lot of people I know are way ahead of me.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

That's amazing. I've been playing a little with Reinhart but I haven't been able to pin anyone yet.

This thread has really slowed down this week. Not coincidentally, the competition has felt much stiffer online as well. I think the casuals are starting to peel off leaving the more dedicated/skilled players. Shit's rough.

Apathy

I don't know whats worse, shitty bad players that don't hit the point or toxic players that start in on voice chat against each other blaming each other until we lose

R0ckman

He has tree log arrows

Sometimes playing him you really go how the fuck did that arrow hit that person
You have to shoot near the person and it goes off

I ran into a Hanzo that I was almost sure using a bot because he would look in your direction and you would die. In the kill cam he would just turn and look at players and they would instantly drop, he didnt even seem aware of everything by his regular movements he was terrifying.

Rizzi

Since I no longer have a PC that can run games, I used some store credit to get the PS4 version of Overwatch.
Overwatch with a controller makes me dizzy. :(

legbone

all right guys, someone talk me down from buying 50 loot boxes. i mean, hell, why not. i don't think it will affect the carrot i'm chasing since i'm more concerned about getting good right now instead of what i'm earning. it's not like it will give me everything. also, i know, i know, don't support the practice of selling random cosmetics with dupes, etc. also i paid 100 bucks on the division and still haven't touched any of the updates yet.

Had a really good night tonight. Got play of the game my first three matches. Had an amazing KOTH match with Tracer where I got on a 29 killstreak too.

Pilgrimzero

all right guys, someone talk me down from buying 50 loot boxes. i mean, hell, why not. i don't think it will affect the carrot i'm chasing since i'm more concerned about getting good right now instead of what i'm earning. it's not like it will give me everything. also, i know, i know, don't support the practice of selling random cosmetics with dupes, etc. also i paid 100 bucks on the division and still haven't touched any of the updates yet.

I can only speak for myself but after buying about that same amount of boxes and getting most of the skins I want plus some nifty animations etc I enjoy the game more.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Buy the boxes
-Wait for skins update
-???
-Profit!

Rizzi

Don't do it, you won't get enough cool shit to justify the price.

patchday

This thread has really slowed down this week. Not coincidentally, the competition has felt much stiffer online as well. I think the casuals are starting to peel off leaving the more dedicated/skilled players. Shit's rough.

yeah was bound to happen with all the whinning from the guys that were losing like 10 matches in a row. They got thrown into the fire and got burnt as the game sorted out the MMR for folks.

Those of us from beta sorta knew how to play already and already got confidence farming each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom