• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

Anyone who plays Reaper should be ashamed of themselves. There's literally no character more embarrassing in every way than him.

I mean, I don't agree with that relaly. He can be fun.

But i just went on a 6 v 6 group game w the enemy group having 5 reaper and 1 lucio and got wrecked. They were just too good at teleporting to snipers or shadowing away from any real danger and anyone who would take them out close up would just be annihilated because they were too close.

Interesting game for sure, but what made it worse were they were the type of people who would spam the chat with 'REKT' 'GET REAPRD' and stupid shit like that.

We eventually slowed them with pharahs, but they basicallyw alked through the first two checkpoints before we could figure that out and it was too late.

You know what, that made me hate reaper and I agree w you now.

I don't know whats worse, shitty bad players that don't hit the point or toxic players that start in on voice chat against each other blaming each other until we lose
I'll take a toxic player that tries to capture the point. Worst case scenario, they can be muted (and reported if necessary).

I can't really do anything to fix the shitty player who refuses to play the game as it was intended. They're way worse.

R0ckman

Its actually interesting when you realize you will most likely lose a close match early on, watching as my team wastes their ults on single people rushing the point at the minute mark and at the end I'm biding time but since it's highnoon I need people to distract them, but because they waste their ults they can't deal with the last second group rush from the enemy, I'm alone on the objective can't do a damn thing I die. Watching the feed, team rushes the point and drops like flies, I'm ****ing McCree and I can last longer against 3 tanks than 4 of my team members? *Sigh*

legbone

shit, after reading the post plywood just linked to i'm inclined to give them 40 now and another 40 after more skins are added. if half the shit that developer or pr guy or whatever he was said comes to fruition, this truly will be the game that keeps on giving.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shit, after reading the post plywood just linked to i'm inclined to give them 40 now and another 40 after more skins are added. if half the shit that developer or pr guy or whatever he was said comes to fruition, this truly will be the game that keeps on giving.

Yeah. This poor indie company only sold 25k copies of the game, they need you to buy loot boxes to help develop future content :3

Rad-

I'm all in on Zenyatta. I love his design and he's so damn fun

He's just amazing when he gets proper protection from his team. I'm thinking he will start to see a lot more play now that McCree got nerfed against tanks (and Widow doesn't one body hit kill him anymore). Zenyatta is a great tank killer.

how do you stop a good zarya?

Her battery drains fast, so don't fire when her shields are up and try to isolate her from the rest of her team. She is a beast, but relies on absorbing shots on herself and her teammates to keep the momentum going. Once she's out of juice though she'll need to fall back or get killed.

As an "okay" Zarya, I don't like being forced away from my team.

I also house a passionate hatred towards Mei and Tracer.

Tracer is usually easy for me, shield and lob grenades. The spread usually scares her off or kills her. Mei is the worst when I'm playing Zarya though. Reinheart is also tough to fight, he pins her so easily and I don't know if the shield stops his hammer. And Zen's orb.

legbone

Yeah. This poor indie company only sold 25k copies of the game, they need you to buy loot boxes to help develop future content :3

i agree, you've convinced me to do it. but seriously, i'm a bit of a blizzard fanboy. still remember when my best friend max showed me his new pc game (i'm a console only guy pretty much, wish i had a good pc) diablo. blew my mind. led me to buy a computer for my home just to play diablo. this was 56k days and guys would teleport all over the place and we still had fun. i remember his mother was on aol and she shit herself when she got the bill (back when they made you pay for time on the net, crazy huh?). guess they are limiting us now with bandwith limits, but i digress.

patchday

for those of you getting bodied---

Never leave, even after match over. Just stay!!!! You get consective bonus and odds are you'll win next round!

Stop blamming others too

I'd honestly stop after 4-5 losses cause you're probably playing on tilt at that point. But if you're determined, at least you gotta try and figure out what is wrong. Try communicating more, try getting a good balance between effective heroes for a strong composition, try figuring out what your opponents are doing so well that is giving them such a huge advantage.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Tired of reapers
teleport
health orbs self healing
dualwielding shotgun pist... FFS THAT OP AS F*
invincibility movement every several seconds

I sometimes wonder what the hell the devs were thinking when making these options.
"Lets make some super badass that can demolish people up close with in a split second and make him hard to hit and have the most OP abilities"

A D.VA can't even survive with him around. Teleport or float over to her, BLAM BLAM BLAM, she's out of mech, BLAM BLAM she's dead with not being able to do much.

Widowmaker vs him, .... WHERE DID YOU COM- Dead -

honestly when I see him being played it triggers me to rage quit lately.

LiK

You guys don't understand. Doesn't matter what groups and what randoms we got matched with tonight. It was just straight up steamrolling by the enemy. Anyway. I quit out of that group and joined another and we already won. My guess is one of the Gaffers I was playing with has prestiged already and it's just grabbing higher skill groups. But who knows.

R0ckman

I realize that sometimes I can't play calmly if I don't trust my team, like I'll be one on one with someone and be afraid my team will fail to survive long enough to keep me from being double teamed.

oh my GOD.

I'm the only person on my team attacking the objective.

I'm out.

This game has been out for weeks.

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS YET.

patchday

I'd honestly stop after 4-5 losses cause you're probably playing on tilt at that point. But if you're determined, at least you gotta try and figure out what is wrong. Try communicating more, try getting a good balance between effective heroes for a strong composition, try figuring out what your opponents are doing so well that is giving them such a huge advantage.

yeah but its not even ranked. Even they getting tilted already....

Tired of reapers
teleport
health orbs self healing

I sometimes wonder what the hell the devs were thinking when making these options.
"Lets make some super badass that can demolish people up close with in a split second and make him hard to hit and have the most OP abilities"

A D.VA can't even survive with him around. Teleport or float over to her, BLAM BLAM BLAM, she's out of mech, BLAM BLAM she's dead with not being able to do much.

It's actually hard to get the drop on a good widow, because his teleport is extremely audible.

I don't think he is OP, but his dps is very high up close. Situational awareness really guts him because if you know he is coming you can usually take him out, forcing him to flee and then his invincibility only carries him so far and you finish him off.

Just got all six players in a Gravity Surge and then our Pharah barraged the whole team. Felt good because it was a really close game on Hollywood.

Touché sir! Good talk.

I'm currently learning Reinhardt, as he seems like a useful pick in almost any situation.
But let me have my fun with Zarya every once in a while?

... I think I might have a crush on her.

Well keep in mind that I am talking about zarya as a solo tank on defense. When paired with another tank, I think that is a different story because you have essentially redundancy built in. Your team is less likely to succumb to a push if you have another tank alive in case you die. Zarya and most tanks just synergize really well anyway. Zarya + another tank is one of my favorite things to play in terms of tanking.

Tired of reapers
teleport
health orbs self healing

Is he worse on consoles or something? Reaper has never been that big of a deal on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom