• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooking someone off the map needs to result as a kill for roadhog. As of now I think it only counts as a death towards that player (a suicide) according to the kill display.

Yep, and this sucks.

Want to know what else sucks? If you are Roadhog and they are McCree, and you hook McCree while his Flashbang is in the air coming toward you... McCree breaks the stun, but you don't.

Heel

Yeah, my biggest complaint with the game so far is the inner monologue: "Maybe I'll play Roadhog this game, or 76, or ... looks I'm playing Lucio again on this team of Genjis and snipers."

I feel very lucky to have naturally settled in on three characters that I both enjoy, and are all in support of the team's goal, depending on the objective type:

Offense: Winston
Defense: Symmetra
Neutral: Lucio

I hope I never get bored of being Enhancement Talent, because it feels like no one wants to fill these kind of roles when I do matchmaking.

Hybris

When playing with groups, Hanamura and Anubis are no longer major issues with Point B if you all immediately rush it together. It totally fucks up the enemy teams if they're not ready.

I played with two different groups that did that and we beat both maps in literally less than 2 minutes. I was actually with a few Gaffers last night and we beat Anubis in 1 minute 16 seconds. I saved the clip. Fastest time I ever completed a map.

Yes, that's pretty much how it goes. When playing with coordinated groups, 2 cp maps usually end about 20-30 seconds after the first point cap. Not having enough time to set up and also the attackers having ultimate advantage is nearly impossible to overcome for the defense. That's pretty much why 2 cp maps are completely banned in tournament play. It's always a steamroll where defense loses the game because they lost 1 team fight. Snowballing that hard isn't fun to play or watch.

Sigrun or Valkyrie skin for Mercy? I like the more vibrant outfit of the Valkyrie skin more but the cheese hair ruins it. Sigrun is a bit too muted. If the hair colours were swapped it'd be a no brainer

Dragner

Im crawling to almost 50% winrate. I won a game where the primary attack button bugged and couldnt attack at all. Ok, I was reinhart, pushed the payload had decent dps and throw a blast here and there.

Sigrun or Valkyrie skin for Mercy? I like the more vibrant outfit of the Valkyrie skin more but the cheese hair ruins it. Sigrun is a bit too muted. If the hair colours were swapped it'd be a no brainer

tumblr_o86kp3aTN61twth3vo1_540.gif

Valkyrie all the way. Is gorgeus.

vypek

I want Junkrat's Hayseed skin or its variant but I need people to see his face in pain when I use that stupid "misfortune"(unfortunate?) intro.

Braag

Healed my team like crazy last game as Mercy, was flying all over the place taking care of everyone. Managed to hold point B in Hanamura. Got 8 up votes at the end (I didn't vote for myself :p).

eek5

alright we dont have a support and we havent had one this entire game
oh you're switching characters?
oh you went form reaper to 76. ok.jpg

Makes sense to me. No one going to heal? Fuck it I'll heal myself.

Is there a trick to keeping symmetra's teleporter up? Does it have a # of uses or is it on a timer?

It's 6 total uses per teleporter. There is a number next to your ultimate in the center of your screen telling you how many uses are left after you've put your teleporter down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a trick to keeping symmetra's teleporter up? Does it have a # of uses or is it on a timer?

6 uses, you see it next to your ult charger.

Well that and the enemy not destroying it of course. Always find a good hiding spot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With double symmetra you can envelop the whole main door that leads to point A with turrets. RIP everything. Add a Reindhart in there and you are golden.

Eh, Hog pulls them into the death trap. We had a Genji cleaning up the stragglers. Enemy goes Pharah? Tobjorn kills them. Enemy goes Genji? Symmetra kills them.

I do love m1ing Zarya because it's like playing Chicken. Who's damage is gonna ramp up quicker?

Hybris

With double symmetra you can envelop the whole main door that leads to point A with turrets. RIP everything. Add a Reindhart in there and you are golden.

Until extremely popular tryhard double winston shows up and kills every turret in half a second and gets out easily because of bubbles.

eek5

So is mine. You cant heal stupidity.

Mercy is really tough. If the team is struggling it seems like there is almost nothing you can do to pull them out of the nose dive. I usually switch to Lucio when this happens because when your team struggles and you are mercy you'll just get constantly ganked over and over. At least lucio is somewhat difficult to kill so you can try to push the payload or whatever.

Durden77

How good are the chances we'll see cross platform console play? Didn't Rocket League pull it off? That's going to be the key to this game having a healthy console life.

Kito

I went for Cobalt. Don't like any of the legendary headpieces - more wings is overkill and the horns look weird.

Roadhog, Double Symmetra, Tobjorn on Defense in Volskaya

rip offense

Good luck to double Symmetra with a Winston on offence.

Just realized I can widowmaker rappel to the left part of the map in volskaya to flank point a.

Had a rein and 76 head to the main route with widow mercy dva and pharah going the flank.

So good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On a related note, don't save your crates for new content. The contents are determined when it drops so hoarding them in the hopes of getting new stuff won't work.

yup, why I said gold, not boxes :p

oktarb

Had my first Team Kill last night as Torborjn. Right turret placement and then a super followed by devastation as they tried to rush me and the turret. Solid manically laughing for a minute or two.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
loads up to match, gets instant "DEFEAT" screen lol

good start to my session :p

nOoblet16

So I was playing payload attack on Gibraltar and the enemy team had a widow blocking our oath so I switched to Winston to take her out a couple of times, one of the times I basically killed her and then got killed by her teammates. The played got annoyed and said that I am only achieving one kill and then die eventhough it happened only one time.

I just said I'll keep doing it as long as you play widow, no shame. Then I sent on a 11 kill streak taking her out twice. We won the match eventually...felt good.

There was another match where we were attacking in Hanamura and the enemy team was running 5 Symmetra and 1 Hanzo, turret galore ! So I switched to Winston since it's so easy to take out tmsymmetra turrets as him, then for final point I just pushed then back into their spawn room using my ult, one guy got annoyed and told asked me if I even know what I am doing or am I just holding the left click. Hah

I learned my lesson from before. If you see any support characters go for them first. I purposely stop shooting this Reinhardt when I remember there is a mercy on their team.

https://youtu.be/xfSGJo6nOcE

It's amazing to me so many people don't get this. I've been playing Mercy a lot more the last couple days and I'll have matches where I won't die or die just once the entire game. I can't believe it. It's like I'm invisible sometimes to the other team.

Mupod

I was honestly kind of hoping for new skins this month, but it sounds like we've got a bit of a wait still.

neogaf.gif

I looked it up and it turns out my Mercy win rate is completely garbage.

There is a direct correlation between teams that instantly all lock in offense characters and players who are complete trash. This is probably also why my Symmetra winrate is so good - I only pick her when I'm already on a team that made smart character choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom