• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

When I hit level 7 I got a loot box with a legendary Symmetra skin.

When I hit level 8 I got a loot box with a legendary Mercy skin.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

To me it feels like there's more input lag in Borderless Windowed
If you turn off the game's v-sync/triple buffering and use borderless windowed, you get no tearing with less input lag.

If you want minimal input lag, turn off v-sync/triple buffering and play the game in fullscreen.

People seem to be increasingly toxic the higher you climb the MMR ladder. I'm having to mute+block+avoid at least one player every match.

On the bright side, last 3 loot boxes I got Bedouin Genji, Sunyatta and Bloodhardt.

R0ckman

Love saving my allies from Mei as McCree, I always come up to do the FBF combo or from a distance double headshot her right when she is doing the eye stare aim. NOW HOLD ON!

So many salty Meis were on the Blizzard board wanting that McCree nerf and it barely did them any good! XD

Kamion

Well, I caved and got the game on PS4. Used up my whole day off to play and got to Level 11. I lose a lot because I suck at first person shooters and I feel a lot of people do on PS4 :D

Play of the game is kinda weird. Sometimes I feel like I (or people on my team) play really well, picking off all the right targets, playing the objectives... and well, doing everything the team needed to win.

And then a Reaper gets POTG because he Ultimates in a cluster of people and then dies, which kinda did nothing because I ressurrected those people with Mercy. I really think POTG should give an incentive to play the objective more. But I get it, those "cool kills" result in a better video in the end.

Love saving my allies from Mei as McCree, I always come up to do the FBF combo or from a distance double headshot her right when she is doing the eye stare aim. NOW HOLD ON!

So many salty Meis were on the Blizzard board wanting that McCree nerf and it barely did them any good! XD
Yeah, I love getting Mei just as she's lining up an icicle on a frozen teammate.

eek5

Junkrat is great for destroying Mei when she is targetting teammates too. A lot of them will pause for a second to line up the headshot so you can just lob grenades right on them or concussion blast knock them away if you're close enough. I'll also drive my rip tire in circles around her stupid ice block and wait for her to exit to only kill her too because fuck Mei.

This game's matchmaking creates some super streaky win/loss scenarios. I just lost five straight, but not three days ago I won seven straight.

All it takes is for a couple of your teammates to decide that this is the match that they're going to start learning X character, and that's it. Or if you're up against a group, gg.

eek5

Well, I caved and got the game on PS4. Used up my whole day off to play and got to Level 11. I lose a lot because I suck at first person shooters and I feel a lot of people do on PS4 :D

Play of the game is kinda weird. Sometimes I feel like I (or people on my team) play really well, picking off all the right targets, playing the objectives... and well, doing everything the team needed to win.

And then a Reaper gets POTG because he Ultimates in a cluster of people and then dies, which kinda did nothing because I ressurrected those people with Mercy. I really think POTG should give an incentive to play the objective more. But I get it, those "cool kills" result in a better video in the end.

It's just an arbitrary play that was highest ranked based on the algorithm they're using. It obviously isn't always the actual best play of the game. Don't read too much into it or feel bad when you don't get it because it is pretty meaningless.

maouvin

zCiIUfp.jpg

This ad I got browsing the thread is on point.

Until Ranked/competitive, I will still get gold medals in eliminations, objective time and healing with Lucio.

P.S I have yet to get a legendary at level 16. So 16 loot boxes and not a single legendary; not sure if that is normal.

I knew something was off when I played after the patch. I was looking at my FPS counter and it was dropping into the 80's quite frequently. Running a 980ti at 1440p with Gsync so it isn't as bad as it could be.

How does Bastions ult charge work? I swear I've killed him after he transformed these past few games, and he respawns and immediately pops it again.

When I hit level 7 I got a loot box with a legendary Symmetra skin.

When I hit level 8 I got a loot box with a legendary Mercy skin.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

I have yet to get any skins that are higher than the base recolours.
Though admittedly, I really like the base designs of the characters so much that I probably wouldn't use most of the legendary skins anyway, and stick with the cool recolours.

eek5

How does Bastions ult charge work? I swear I've killed him after he transformed these past few games, and he respawns and immediately pops it again.

You get most of your charge back if you get killed while still activating it. A lot of them will give 50% back if you die seconds after activating them. (This applies to almost? everyone or everyone from my experience. Source: I die a lot)

If you kill someone during their ult pop they get a partial refund. For example, if they die in, like, the fist 0.25 seconds they get 90% back, if it's mid-use it's more like 50%, and if they finish it there is no refund.

With Pharah and Reaper you might experience it a bit, due to how high-risk pulling it off can be.

And honestly, I really like it because whiffing like that is such a terrible feeling, especially when you're on the losing team.
I just found out that the 'Team Kill' message is not for friendly fire :|

This has confused me for some time.
Yup, tricked me for a long time.

Early on as Pharah, I was freaking out because we got a "Team Kill" message and I asummed I killed an ally with splash damage. Was many hours later before I learned the truth.

I think Bastion needs to have a spinup time, like a 1/2-1 second spinup time on his turret mode would balance him fairly I think and fit thematically.

I think Bastion needs to have a spinup time, like a 1/2-1 second spinup time on his turret mode would balance him fairly I think and fit thematically.

That would be a terrible change and make him completely unusable. A single Genji would counter him harder than he already is, and it would do nothing to stem the current tide of people walking into Bastion's LoS and dying immediately.

Zemm

Competetive mode sounds like a transparent version of quick play with higher room for toxicity. Not sure I'm gonna bite.

It sounds shit with the overwatch community that is out there, why can't we just get player hosted servers? how is that so fucking hard? I want to play with 11 others I know.

That would be a terrible change and make him completely unusable. A single Genji would counter him harder than he already is, and it would do nothing to stem the current tide of people walking into Bastion's LoS and dying immediately.

Well the current meta I see at least 50% of games that's obscenely effective is multiple Torjborn's or multiple bastions on defense, with a tank (Usually reinhart)/healer. I'm fine leaving Bastion as is, if they make each character unique to a team.

I just started playing Overwatch, but I simply don't understand how they left that balancing element out.

Well the current meta I see at least 50% of games that obscenely effective is multiple Torjborn's or multiple bastions on defense, with a tank/healer. I'm fine leaving Bastion as is, if they make each character unique to a team.

Meta?

Pro players never play Torbjörn. One Bastion happens occasionally, but it's really rare. You'll be hard pressed to find someone in a Overwatch tourney using "multiple Torbjörn's or Bastions".

Bastions only really appear on lower levels and lower mmrs. When I first started playing this game, I used him A LOT because he was really effective. Now? Useless. He's extremely easy to counter. Trust me, when you level up, you're going to stop seeing Bastions. Torbjörn's remain though. They're also easy to counter, but they're still really, really useful against un-organized teams.

mxgt

Banned

Bastion is so easily countered, I think he'd be completely useless if he were changed any more.

When I first started I hated Bastion, now he barely gives teams problems in my games.

Meta?

Pro players never play Torbjörn. One Bastion happens occasionally, but it's really rare. You'll be hard pressed to find someone in a Overwatch tourney using "multiple Torbjörn's or Bastions".

Bastions only really appear on lower levels and lower mmrs. When I first started playing this game, I used him A LOT because he was really effective. Now? Useless. He's extremely easy to counter. Trust me, when you level up, you're going to stop seeing Bastions. Torbjörn's remain though. They're also easy to counter, but they're still really, really useful against un-organized teams.

I'm talking about general play (The vast majority of players) and how it's just stagnating play, at least for me. It's in every other match and without coordination, which you cannot have with randoms (I've tried) they just run in an get annihilated until the timer runs out. It's stupid, easily solved by making characters unique.

Well the current meta I see at least 50% of games that obscenely effective is multiple Torjborn's or multiple bastions on defense, with a tank/healer. I'm fine leaving Bastion as is, if they make each character unique to a team.

I don't think that's a concidence. Of all game types, Defense is the best time to use Bastion or Toblerone.

The issue with multiples of the same hero, as I see it, is that players are slow to adapt and/or learn. It isn't really something that Blizzard should design to avoid, so much as the community should evolve to counter such tactics; it takes a specific approach to tackle them, you see, and a lot of players are unwilling or unable to see a reason to change their approach.

My personal nemesis right now is Pharah. I'm just not accurate enough to ever shoot her out of the sky before she delivers massive damage to me or mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom