• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Ok, how about this, when you knock bastion back he should come out of turret stance. When you chain him he does, so why not monkey mode with Winston or Zarya's ult?
Actually, if you hop on top of Bastion and just start bouncing all around and on top of him being unpredicatable as you shock him with Winston you'll find most Bastions can't keep up. Don't forget to set his barrier down so his other team mates can't easily save him.

By the way, I recommend you start playing with the characters who give you the most trouble, mimic what they do, and see how other players handle it to help give you some ideas.

Community is getting pretty damn cancerous on PC. Literally every match someone on the winning side says "EZ"

The laziest form of trash talk... "ez". But keep in mind, people say that when they're salty too. They're trying to act like it was easy when they know they had a hard time and died several times.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

RLGTEuH.png

How many dangs is too many?

I picked up Overwatch finally. I played some beta, but I only played a few matches.

This is my introduction to my first time as Reaper. I went 22-1 K/D and had a 21 kill streak. Luckily I got the votes for it....and the LAMEST play of the game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zp6PNXOR-0

Edit: Skip to about 24-25 seconds. OBS was hogging resources.

Community is getting pretty damn cancerous on PC. Literally every match someone on the winning side says "EZ"

That's shity but as far as trash talk goes that's pretty easy to ignore since there is no thought behind it. Just something that person says at the end of every win to get under people's skin.

mxgt

Banned
The laziest form of trash talk... "ez". But keep in mind, people say that when they're salty too. They're trying to act like it was easy when they know they had a hard time and died several times.

That's shity but as far as trash talk goes that's pretty easy to ignore since there is no thought behind it. Just something that person says at the end of every win to get under people's skin.

Yeah it doesn't bother me, but the first few weeks I barely saw any shit talkers now they're everywhere.

Guess it was inevitable. Ranked is gonna be interesting!

Ertai

Just as a side question, stats and unlocks do not carry over right? I'm on PS4 right now and am looking at double dipping to PC but would hate to lose all my unlocks

Zemm

It's the first FPS game where I've disabled global chat, even CS GO wasn't as bad. The community is trash in this game. Actually thinking about it, all the Blizzard games apart from Diablo have a shitty player base. I miss community driven player hosted servers (have I said that before?). If they don't add those in then this game has no longevity for me. I want to play with and against people I know, currently the other team may as well be bots.

It's the first FPS game where I've disabled global chat, even CS GO wasn't as bad. The community is trash in this game. I miss community driven player hosted servers (have I said that before?). If they don't add those in then this game has no longevity for me. I want to play with and against people I know, currently the other team may as well be bots.

They said they do want to add a server browser for custom games. I'll probably give that a shot once it hits. It'll be a good way to play brawls at any time, since custom games have those options.

Ghost23

You know a team is bad if they lose on defense on Temple of Anubis...lol

For real though that map and the Russian map are insane tough for the attackers. Probably my least favorite maps

Zemm

custom games or dedicated servers? A server browser for custom games would be useless for me. I want dedicated servers where an admin can make map playlists, character limits (if desired) and basically anything you can do in TF2.

custom games or dedicated servers? A server browser for custom games would be useless for me. I want dedicated servers where an admin can make map playlists, character limits (if desired) and basically anything you can do in TF2.

Try looking at what you can do in custom matches. Character limits, yes. You can alter health, damage, ult charge, ability recharge, etc..

Trash talk is hilarious most of the times. I never participate in it myself, even when someone directs it towards my way, but its usually entertaining. You might get that person who goes overboard but that's when you hit the report button. Its a competitive type of game so you're going to run into it

trugs26

Getting pretty bored with the game tbh. Needs updating asap. I need a better sense of progression (the up coming ranked mode might help with it).

Don't custom matches disappear when no ones in them? If so, they're not a replacement for dedicated servers run by an admin or two.

They're free though and they do pretty much everything you might wanna do. Hero limits. 1per team, 2 per team, you can even limit per hero category... like 2 max offense. Disable characters too. And alter health, damage, ult, abilities... random heroes, can't change heroes...

Custom browser might make this feature more useful.

Kito

I always feel dirty using Torb. I try to keep my play with him minimal, but his character is too charming for me to resist. Come get ye armour!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's the first FPS game where I've disabled global chat, even CS GO wasn't as bad. The community is trash in this game. Actually thinking about it, all the Blizzard games apart from Diablo have a shitty player base. I miss community driven player hosted servers (have I said that before?). If they don't add those in then this game has no longevity for me. I want to play with and against people I know, currently the other team may as well be bots.

Do people even use global chat? I barely see anybody on it.

Antiwhippy

Any timestamped twitch links of good D.Va play?

I want to start playing her rather than Reinhardt.

Well if you're trying to substitute reinhardt with her then ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I play a lot of DVa and I can tell you it doesn't work that way.

I tested the waters with Widowmaker. I was playing against two widowmakers on the other team. They couldn't hit me for shit and I just kept killing them. I hope competition gets better as I level up. I mean I consider myself a good player, but I'm not great by any means.

Lokbob

I just chuckle when I read comments like this.
Gratulation you won a random game with random people and matchmaking that does half the work.

Kito

Not looking for something similar to him, just want to meet the technicality of having a tank with D.Va who I enjoy way more. I've been playing Reinhardt as an easy-mode tank, out of team necessity (I main defence or support characters) but he's boring.

kubricks

Mccree is rather difficult to use now or what?
FTH is not doing as much burst damage as before meaning close encounter is a lot more risky.

Which encourage me to use left click at mid-long range, but then why don't I just use Soldier 76 which can disengage at ease? Or many other characters that does this better?

Am I doing it wrong?
(I need to git gud I know lol)

Kito

I tested the waters with Widowmaker. I was playing against two widowmakers on the other team. They couldn't hit me for shit and I just kept killing them. I hope competition gets better as I level up. I mean I consider myself a good player, but I'm not great by any means.

I always mess around with Widowmaker in training room, I really want to play her but I feel like I'll be a detriment. I have no FPS sniping experience.

Yeah there is no substitute for Reinhard; he is more defensive that other tanks and has his own perks/team comps that he works well. Some characters are good at certain objectives and maps too.

Mccree is rather difficult to use now or what?
FTH is not doing as much burst damage as before meaning close encounter is a lot more risky.

Which encourage me to use left click at mid-long range, but then why don't I just use Soldier 76 which can disengage at ease? Or many other characters that does this better?

Am I doing it wrong?
(I need to git gud I know lol)
It still kills everyone except the tanks in one fan, and even then the second fan will clear most of them out

Gator86

I'd tolerate any amount of toxicity right now for teammates that could get a fucking kill. Been playing a lot of support lately and it's just fucking deflating to be in a two on one situation as Mercy healing/boosting a 76, or someone, versus one enemy and still having your teammate completely totally unable to get the kill.

I mean, everyone has bad games, but the amount of times it feels like you're stuck with absolutely fucking useless people here is astounding.

I'd tolerate any amount of toxicity right now for teammates that could get a fucking kill.

Haha. I hear ya.

Too many times I'll get three kills late in the game and think, "I'm just eating shit this whole match". Then I look at the scoreboard again and I have gold, and another little piece of me dies inside.

zonezeus

My favourite thing lately:

1. Start as Zenyatta.
2. Generate enough salt so that 2 people switch to Widowmaker to counter you.
3. Switch to Winston.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Antiwhippy

Holy crap when you're on fire with zarya you feel like you're on fucking hot fire.

When you're off though you really feel off.

It's great when you pick Hanzo at the start of a match then halfway through you see that two of your teammates switched to Hanzo. Like, why do you hate me? It all worked out though, because I switched to Zarya and got POTG. I felt better after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom