• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nioret

Great to see the meta change before your eyes. Zarya was non-existent in games a few weeks ago, now I see her regularly.

Gator86

I just had a single Tracer decimate my team then spawn camp them by herself until I switched from Rein to McCree to scare her off. How is that even possible? I might be broken.

JoeMartin

3 legendary skins in a row. WTF? o_O

33 and I just got my first.

NLT1rcI.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The amount of people who think they can play Zenyatta as sole healer is too damn high.

XenoRaven

Sometimes I'm amazed the people I get teamed up with can even figure out how to turn their PlayStation on. How do they have the mental capacity to get a job and understand how money works in order to purchase the game? Maybe they just live off of the government.

CoLaN

I joined a KOTH match in progress where my team had already lost the first round. Some idiot on the enemy team wrote "ez" 3 or 4 times.

I picked Lucio, we proceeded to win the next 2 rounds and the match. It was incredibly satisfying to see my team reply to that guy and ask if that was ez enough, lol.

ramyeon

Sometimes I'm amazed the people I get teamed up with can even figure out how to turn their PlayStation on. How do they have the mental capacity to get a job and understand how money works in order to purchase the game? Maybe they just live off of the government.
I don't even.

LQX

I went weeks without Hero stacking being an issue but in the last two days it has been hell. Today I was up against 5 Bastions. It felt good crushing them with the team I had. In competition play I hope it is limited but I'm still ok with players picking who they want in quickplay.

I went weeks without Hero stacking being an issue but in the last two days it has been hell. Today I was up against 5 Bastions. It felt good crushing them with the team I had. In competition play I hope it is limited but I'm still ok with players picking who they want in quickplay.

I had 6 Meis. We almost won.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

5 bastions is probably one of the easier sracks to counter.

ISOM

Just played a game against 6 Reapers. Was easy as shit.

zonezeus

The amount of people who think they can play Zenyatta as sole healer is too damn high.

I don't think any serious Zenyatta player thinks he can be the main healer, it's usually the rest of the team that thinks "oh, we have Zenyatta so that covers our healing, now I can go with the 3rd Reaper!"

To any other Widow players: You can quick melee to cancel the unscope animation. It's the best workaround for quickscoping right now if you used it before the patch dropped. It's not ideal but it's something.

ISOM

I don't think any serious Zenyatta player thinks he can be the main healer, it's usually the rest of the team that thinks "oh, we have Zenyatta so that covers our healing, now I can go with the 3rd Reaper!"

Lol this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Dude went off on me because I was Zenyatta and wasn't doing enough healing even though we had like two snipers on attack.

People are too reliant on a Mercy IV or Lucio beats so they can play mindlessly.

If I'm the last to be put into a team and everyone else already has their Genji/Hanzo/Widow/Reaper/D.Va squad picked, I go Zen and take it slow.

Apathy

oh one tracer is being annoying near our side of the map, oh lets 4 people go chase her instead of getting on the point.

oh we're on B on hanamura and they are pressuring, I know, I'll switch from torbj and lucio to widow and sym

WTF. People are just plain stupid

oh one tracer is being annoying near our side of the map, oh lets 4 people go chase her instead of getting on the point.

oh we're on B on hanamura and they are pressuring, I know, I'll switch from torbj and lucio to widow and sym

WTF. People are just plain stupid

How about that feel when you join a game late and rack up 4 gold medals in your first few minutes? Half the time I wind up with people who don't know how to do anything.

TheFatMan

You guys.

Seriously.

So much salt in this thread.

You think this is bad you should listen to chat audio in game. People literally lose their shit in just about every match I play. It is ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it, and I've heard Call of Duty voice chat.....

I know it's a team game, but I can't stand to listen to anyone rage about how every else is the reason the team is losing lol.

BigDug13

It works fine on console in many situations. This isn't an RPG. People are going to fucking die. I've seen successful teams with zero support. If you have healing, thank your lucky stars. Mercy and Lucio should not be required characters in every game when there are 21 and soon to be more characters to choose from.

Moonkid

TIL that the number next to your crosshair for Lucio is the number of people you're healing/speed-boosting. I thought it was an indication of how strong your effect was, idk LOL.

Yeef

Just had a game where I killed 5 of the 6 players on the other team with a rocket barrage; then they all immediately got Rezzed and demolished me. It's weird to go from such a high to such a low so quickly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rough games for me today off yesterday.
Getting rekt by a Widow and Zeyatta feels bad.

I guess it's just character depth getting applied. Also need to start engagements with the assumption I will be getting headshotted so that's fun...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It works fine on console in many situations. This isn't an RPG. People are going to fucking die. I've seen successful teams with zero support. If you have healing, thank your lucky stars. Mercy and Lucio should not be required characters in every game when there are 21 and soon to be more characters to choose from.

You must be up against some terrible people if they can win without healers. This isn't an RPG but it's a team game and you need all roles to properly function as an effective team. Having an off healer or an off tank as the sole person on that role will more often than not lead to a loss at higher levels against competent people.

You think this is bad you should listen to chat audio in game. People literally lose their shit in just about every match I play. It is ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it, and I've heard Call of Duty voice chat.....

I know it's a team game, but I can't stand to listen to anyone rage about how every else is the reason the team is losing lol.

Won't go away until competitive is out unfortunately.

Pilgrimzero

Gave up after 3 games tonight.

First game had me teamed up with a chatty 10 year old.

Second I was sent in mid game in which my team was halfway to losing

3rd game the team could barely get out of the starting area

Gave up after 3 games tonight.

First game had me teamed up with a chatty 10 year old.

Second I was sent in mid game in which my team was halfway to losing

3rd game the team could barely get out of the starting area
Oh yeah? Out of like 7 or 8 games, I joined two Watchpoint: Gibraltar matches that ended the second I joined (in defeat, of course), and a third Watchpoint: Gibraltar match that ended 10 seconds after I joined. In defeat.

It's been a hella bummer night for me.

Ran into a Zenyatta/Soldier 76 pair that stuck together like glue. That discord orb + Soldier 76 fire power melts Roadhog like I've never seen done before. I was running for cover as fast as I could. Brutal.

rSpooky

what a shittynight :( nothing but losses.... Had to quit because I got to ragey ..sigh
Random group play can be soon frustrating.

It still kills everyone except the tanks in one fan, and even then the second fan will clear most of them out

It doesn't do enough damage to kill Reaper in the stun duration anymore which is kind of a problem. Fan takes 1s but the stun lasts 0.7 or thereabouts. Either way, killing Reaper/Mei isn't a given anymore at full health.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It still kills everyone except the tanks in one fan, and even then the second fan will clear most of them out
Eh, long range stuns into fan are definitely not always kills, always using combo isn't good either. Jumping is best McCree defense so you keep moving after stun.

Working on Stun -> Headshot fan now and just headshotting in general is way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom