• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

You guys.

Seriously.

So much salt in this thread.

Losing is part of life, I don't mind it if my team is competent and give the other team a fight. I get upset when I get what could only be described as the dumbest people in Overwatch. People who don't do objectives, people that are oblivious their surroundings, people who will not stop the guys assaulting the healer and instead try to go for some kill.

I just had a game on D of hollywood where our widow, instead of standing on the payload or getting near it to slow it down while some people ressed, decided to stay there scoped trying to kill their guys behind a rein shield while she got shot from the side. The guy shooting her had enough time to fire what he had in the run, reload, and then fire till she died and at no point did she unscope or stop trying shot, or even bother checking what it was she was taking damage from.

That's what pisses me,and really all of us, more than anything else

rSpooky

Losing is part of life, I don't mind it if my team is competent and give the other team a fight. I get upset when I get what could only be described as the dumbest people in Overwatch. People who don't do objectives, people that are oblivious their surroundings, people who will not stop the guys assaulting the healer and instead try to go for some kill.

I just had a game on D of hollywood where our widow, instead of standing on the payload or getting near it to slow it down while some people ressed, decided to stay there scoped trying to kill their guys behind a rein shield while she got shot from the side. The guy shooting her had enough time to fire what he had in the run, reload, and then fire till she died and at no point did she unscope or stop trying shot, or even bother checking what it was she was taking damage from.

Pretty much this. He knows whats up!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Pretty much. I don't mind losing if it's a close game of equal skill levels. But lately it's just feels like baby's first FPS players vs. World Elite CS:GO players.

It really sucks when you keep on losing because someone doesn't want to cooperate and play properly. what is the meaning of playing a team-based game? The biggest weakness of the game is its shitty matchmaking and community. They heavily advertised the game even though it is a small team game 6vs6; you can't carry and every asshole counts.

mbpm1

I love when a Widow doesn't even move after I mess up my point blank headshot and lets me line up repeated shots to the dome after.

Had basically a sextuplet kill tonight with a gaf group on gibraltar. Only reason it was a quintuple is because molten core'd torbjorn died like 2 and a half seconds after the rest. Perfectly coordinated zarya+reaper + barrier ult.

Xeteh

Hooking a good Tracer and one shotting their annoying asses feels pretty good.

Roadhog is awesome. I think my Mei is pretty solid but I don't know of a character that can give me the feeling of dominating more than Roadhog.

My favourite is when I tell people on Volskaya defense,"you know they can just go around, right?" and they do and the point is lost in all of 2 minutes.

Just lost 5 or 6 in a row. Just AMAZING team compositions. I simply can't risk going with any offense/defense characters because no one picks tanks or healers.

I am quitting the game. I don't want to lose just to play anything that is not a tank/healer. This is pure boredom and repetition.

charsace

Overwatch can make u feel like u are on top of the work one minute and suicidal the next. The sign of a damn good game.

The thing that pisses me off the most is offensive players that are so worried about their k:d ratio that they never make a push. It just pisses me off.

You guys.

Seriously.

So much salt in this thread.
I got so salty yesterday that I haven't even wanted to play today g ¯|_(ツ)_|¯

+1

Apathy

I wonder if the report players thing actually does anything. I know in wow if you get reported enough you get a warning and too many you get a day or two ban, wonder if that's the same here. Haven't read anything about it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously though, i get salty sometimes soon, but i don't think it's worth it? I've had shitty runs but eh, it happens. I'll take the good with the bad.

Overwatch can make u feel like u are on top of the work one minute and suicidal the next. The sign of a damn good game.

The thing that pisses me off the most is offensive players that are so worried about their k:d ratio that they never make a push. It just pisses me off.

I don't know why I am getting grouped with people of much higher levels than I am today. It is the same shit; they don't counter-pick, can't kill bastion and won't heal or go tank. I had five shutdowns in a row and those gold medals and epic ratings I am getting don't mean shit.

I honestly don't see myself getting too much into this. There is no point in playing competitively if I don't have friends, and my connection sucks because of the international servers. I quit fighting games for the same reason (kinda time consuming with the high skill ceiling too).

I wonder if the report players thing actually does anything. I know in wow if you get reported enough you get a warning and too many you get a day or two ban, wonder if that's the same here. Haven't read anything about it

I remember reading threads in CBT that they got permanently silenced, or at least silenced long enough that it was permanent for the CBT.

Zomba13

Holey moley, the word "salty" is the new black

I like the word salty to describe the feeling of anger at losing a videogame. Calling someone angry or mad implies some kind of valid emotion whereas "salty" is a silly term that comes from the tears flowing down the faces of sore losers because someone they've never met was better at them at a silly game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

No man you're just salty, it's your mmr. /s

ZangBa

I got matched into a group that was, I guess, boosting experience by waiting in overtime and doing wierd shit, acting like bots and etc. I ruined it by killing about 5 of them and overtime running out, and left. Rejoined the queue and I got matched with them again. Of course I can't leave because that's going to be my fault and I'm sure I will be penalized, so I just spent the entire time sniping them and being a nuisance. It was so boring, I don't understand why people do this, just play the game normally, it's not like it makes much difference.

No_Style

Playing with GAF is such a different experience. Just knowing that someone will do their best to cover a flank or weight to rush are huge. Good games with LRG, Dakarzero, cooldude and whoever I forgot. 'Twas a pretty shitty night of Quick Play before partying up with you guys.

Ramirez

Zarya is quickly becoming my favorite character in the game. She's mentally exhausting to play though, lol.

Getting off a perfect barrier on a teammate that's about to eat a Fan, then melting the McCree, by gawd.

i got the stupid mercy viking skin

MmUbgUi.gif

Viking skin is best skin!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I love tanking, especially on defense, all my teammates run away from the objective and die and I'm just there sitting on the point.

and then i die

Gator86

should have waited and see how it played out.

Yeah, my fastest win ever was on Hanamura when two of my teammates on offense picked Torb. I just blitzed in with Rein charges and they never regained their balance as we won in under two minutes total. I was stunned considering I expected to never get past the first door.

cwistofu

I'm an idiot.

I paid $2 for loot boxes, got a player icon and a Roadhog pose. I guess it could have been worse and I could have not even gotten a pose but...

And then I reached a new level and got a legendary! ...For a character I never play (Hanzo). Better than nothing, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom