• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There is no penalty for joining an in progress match tho? It's free XP.

If you don't get to select a hero you get zero XP. Happened to me multiple times since the game just ends before I realize what's happening.

How is he a glass cannon compared to any of the other 200 HP or less characters? His flashbang is basically an out against anyone who gets near him.

Zenyatta is the only character in the game who deserves the glass cannon title imo.

Heatlh wise maybe (even then Zenyatta regenerates shields), but mcree is really slow and has no real escape mechanism compared to other offense, so I consider him a glass cannon of the offense heroes. (Reaper has his wratih form, Tracer is tracer, Pharrah has her rocket boost and general flight, and Soldier 76 has his regen and sprint).

aeolist

Banned
mccree is fine, he wants to be with his team anyway and having a hard disable on a short cooldown means that even if he can't finish someone solo his group can focus them down

his high mid-range hitscan dps was always his real strength

patchday

could it be that if you rage quit it punishes you by dropping you into ongoing games -or- does it simply make it more likely?

when I first started when OW dropped I used to rage quit often. Then after I began to relax and just stay no matter what I no longer get dropped into ongoing games very often

But that might be much more due to me rarely leaving a session (I always stay usually and keep playing matches til I logout). I rarely surf around for new matches

No_Style

In order to achieve that ~50% win rate, this game's matchmaking is so basic.

Oh you won last match, you can play with all the level 7s on your team this round then.

Yeap! I hate that. They should keep the winning group together, treat it as a premade and matchmake off that. I thought it operated like that but I've been tossed back into the queue way too often.

hydruxo

So this game looks pretty cool...
I don't know anyone interested in it though, how is playing with randoms?

I'm gonna be real honest with you. The game is a lot of fun but playing with randoms can be infuriating to say the least. More so than other online shooters because Overwatch is so objective based and you'll get randoms who just treat it like CoD and don't go cap the point.

kromeo

Yeap! I hate that. They should keep the winning group together, treat it as a premade and matchmake off that. I thought it operated like that but I've been tossed back into the queue way too often.

How often do all 6 people stay for the next game though, even from the winning team?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, giggling like a schoolgirl here. Continuing my theme today of playing my least played heroes I just played Symmetra and I got 4 kills while corpse running, my room of death killed 4 of them lol. And then the Soldier who got 1 assist and 1 kill got POTG ofc, I so wanted to see my AFK turret kills :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, giggling like a schoolgirl here. Continuing my theme today of playing my least played heroes I just played Symmetra and I got 4 kills while corpse running, my room of death killed 4 of them lol. And then the Soldier who got 1 assist and 1 kill got POTG ofc, I so wanted to see my AFK turret kills :D

My favourite version of that was me falling off a cliff.

Symmetra too strong.

Mupod

Saturday morning seems to be the worst time for PUGS. And no, spamming to heal you isn't going to encourage me to heal you.

"I NEED HEALING" - Genji in a building on the entire other side of the map while the rest of us are defending the payload

kromeo

Have to love when you get a potg for a double kill or something but the whole rest of the video is just you missing with hilariously bad aim.. The shame :p

konjak

Ew got the shitty yellow McCree Legendary. I look like a banana.

yeah, that IS the best one

Heatlh wise maybe (even then Zenyatta regenerates shields), but mcree is really slow and has no real escape mechanism compared to other offense, so I consider him a glass cannon of the offense heroes. (Reaper has his wratih form, Tracer is tracer, Pharrah has her rocket boost and general flight, and Soldier 76 has his regen and sprint).

As an avid player of both Pharah and McCree, Pharah deserves the "glass cannon" title far more between the two, as even though she flies, she is very open to a paced-firing Soldier, turrets in every situation except if there's a HUGE distance, and good snipes. She dies quick. She usually doesn't have healers to rely on in public games. I have my biggest kill numbers with McCree, honestly.

Satch

Banned
i bought the pc version today and had money left over on my account so i bought the five lootboxes and got carbon fiber genji :O

Xyber

Mcree is dunzo. Has to be behind shield or pocket healer to be effective.

lol, no.

He is still one of the best character to have on your team if the person who plays him are somewhat good at aiming. It's just that he can't kill tanks without trying anymore. Anyone who played him using only his right click and think he is bad now played him wrong.

patchday

Well.... Yeah that is how Rainbow six siege operates. made lots of good friends that way.

Satch

Banned
So my brief time with PC version of Overwatch tells me that the PS4 and PC communities are really no different. I pushed the cart like two points by myself (for some reason the enemy team let me do this) until we got stuck in the little maze on Gibraltar because of a torbjorn turret (!) and nobody switched to take care of it (despite me asking nicely) until the game was at like 15 seconds left, which is obviously too late. I was playing Reinhardt so switching wasn't much of an option. We had a D.Va and then suddenly... we didn't have a D.Va so idk

i aint even mad, very interesting research so far

Zemm

I get better and more fun games when I play solo or in a group of no more than 3, anything else is just shit for some reason. I think people invite their friends or get invited and they can't pull their weight which hurts more when you play other full groups. There are definitely some friends I'd avoid playing with (although none from this forum) because it's never fun.

gryvan

I avoid the morning games completely nowadays.

will guarantee a loss always due to the fact that players want to play whatever they want.

primetime is usually my best bet or with groups of friends

ramyeon

I like groups because everyone uses voice chat but I find the games harder. Perhaps it matches you with other premade groups or something. I don't mind the solo queue most of the time.

Kito

I get better and more fun games when I play solo or in a group of no more than 3, anything else is just shit for some reason.

Same. I've had the best results in a group of 2. Things get rocky with 3, then with 4 or more it's a recipe for disaster. For a large group to work, everyone needs to be at least lv50 and there be two solid offence mains imo.

Satch

Banned
I like groups because everyone uses voice chat but I find the games harder. Perhaps it matches you with other premade groups or something. I don't mind the solo queue most of the time.

image.php

what the hell is this

charsace

So my brief time with PC version of Overwatch tells me that the PS4 and PC communities are really no different. I pushed the cart like two points by myself (for some reason the enemy team let me do this) until we got stuck in the little maze on Gibraltar because of a torbjorn turret (!) and nobody switched to take care of it (despite me asking nicely) until the game was at like 15 seconds left, which is obviously too late. I was playing Reinhardt so switching wasn't much of an option. We had a D.Va and then suddenly... we didn't have a D.Va so idk

The system doesn't matter and the in game level of the player doesn't matter; there are just a lot of idiots playing. And when you say something after the game about people on your teams type "salt, salt, salt, nothing but salt," or something similar having to do with being salty. I'm salty because I attempt to play the game properly and expect the rest of the game to do this also.

HiiiLife

The lack of Overwatch cosplay at DCC made me very upset. Not even a sweatshirt anywhere.

Anywho...bring on the competitive mode.

Only difference is you might see one toblerone instead of two.

jotun?

Trying other heroes after getting to a high-ish place in matchmaking is rough. I'm trying to learn my least-played ones, but I'm just doing awful with them and dragging my team down every game.

Mcree is great guys.

Just turned a match around today with the payload less than 5meteres from the objective.
So good when i switched to him.

I singlehandedly saved my team there. Protected the objective for like 2-3min then.

I get better and more fun games when I play solo or in a group of no more than 3, anything else is just shit for some reason. I think people invite their friends or get invited and they can't pull their weight which hurts more when you play other full groups. There are definitely some friends I'd avoid playing with (although none from this forum) because it's never fun.

Yea i dont accept alot of invites now and dont invite many to groups. Full groups with "more casul people" are unfun/frustrating.

Kito

Move one pixel as Mercy and death counter goes down. Panic rez after not getting back to that sweet spot, then see death counter x1. Urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom